Assistant Laboratory Director
- Laboratory Director at
- Assure staff training and competency at ZRT Laboratory
- Molecular Genetics Supervisor at Molecular Testing Labs
- Assistant Laboratory Director at Molecular Testing Labs
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Molecular Biology
- Bachelor of Science - Molecular and Cell Biology
Performs all duties of an Administrative Laboratory Director in a large Network hospital
- Laboratory Director at Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital
- Clinical Lab Manager at Castle Medical Center
- at Central Reference Laboratory
- Division Director and Laboratory Director at Southern Africa
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- MA - Education and Medical Microbiology
- BS - Microbiology and Chemistry
Laboratory Director of three CLIA certified Physician Office Labs Apply for CLIA licensure for new laboratories Assess equipment, Proficiency testing, quality control materials and supplies for new laboratories Coordinate, Document, and Evaluate all Testing Personnel's performance Liaison with IT department to develop test reporting platform for laboratory start ups or test offered Resolves technical problems and ensures corrective actions are taken whenever test systems deviates from standard operating procedure.
- Laboratory Director at Mercy Diagnostics INC
- Medical Technologist- Charge Technologist at Carolinas Health Care System
- Lead Medical Technologist at Mayo Clinic
10 months at this Job
- Baccalaureate - Summer Program
- Master of Science - Public Health
- Graduate Certificate - International Public Health
- Bachelor of Science - Medical Technology
• Laboratory Director of Quality and Point of Care for Laboratory System Services to include 12 Hospitals, 6 convenient care centers, and 22 CLIA laboratory licenses
• Reports to System Vice President, Laboratory Services
• Responsible for management and direct supervision of 18 direct reports across the Memorial Hermann System. Conducts performance appraisals, team development, and corrective actions
• Develop and implement standardized policies, procedures, and laboratory equipment throughout all laboratories. Manage over 1000 standardized policies and procedures, and directly own 300 of those procedures. Work with system services to ensure that procedures are implemented across hospital system.
• Facilitate in selection process of standardize equipment
• Work with supply chain director to ensure that reagent and supplies are standardized across the system
• Facilitate outpatient labs with ensuring that regulatory requirements are met and project manage any changes across the system related to outpatient testing
• Provide quality and regulatory oversight to Memorial Hermann Urgent Care Laboratory Services.
• Responsible for all laboratory and Point of Care instrument interface projects to include, working with LIS corporate personnel to build, test, and implement interfaces. Manage point of care interface middleware to include, Telcor, Gem Web, PWeb.
• Responsible for LIS projects to improve the productivity and efficiency of the laboratory. i.e. critical values, new testing orderable, changes to Medical power plans.
• Responsible for regulatory compliance for 22 labs to the accreditation agencies to include, TJC, FDA, CAP, AABB, OSHA and CLIA.
• Project manage new laboratory construction to include ordering of standardize equipment, working directly with vendors, validation of instruments and laboratory testing, LIS testing, training, initial CAP applications, and inspection. Opened 6 new laboratories in convenient care centers in 2 years and 3 laboratory expansions.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining laboratory quality plan to include quality indicators and performance improvement initiatives. Develop and implement quality dashboards, online website, and online dashboard to share with the Memorial Hermann system.
• Responsible for developing validation protocols as well as strategic planning of new test implementations. Statistical programs and review of data.
• Responsible for making changes to processes, policies, and procedures to ensure that CLIA and CAP requirements are updated and in compliance.
• Responsible for the laboratory system safety program across the system. Implement and manage the safety policies and procedures and annual safety assessments.
• Work with executive leadership, the Vice President of Laboratory Services, laboratory administrative directors, CLIA medical directors, and clinical staff to ensure compliance and laboratory operations projects.
• Work with Vice President on reviewing of annual contracts, renewal of contracts, vendor vetting, and new vendor contracts.
• Develop and own online competency modules for point of care testing.
• Facilitated in developing of online competency system and implementation of process for competency of shared employees across laboratory campuses. Participate in the development of mentoring program for employees.
• Work with System Services Quality Department in patient safety initiatives, process improvement, and Joint Commission compliance.
• Implementation of cost saving initiatives across the laboratory system services
• Developing and strategically planning of centralization of quality control review across the laboratory system services
• Facilitate market research for expansion of services for accreditation consulting
- Laboratory Director, Quality Management at System Laboratory Services
- Quality Manager, Pathology Clinical Services at The University of Texas Medical Branch
- Laboratory Quality & POC Coordinator at Kingwood Medical Center
- Laboratory Supervisor at St. Luke's the Woodlands Hospital
4 years at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Bachelors of Science in Clinical Laboratory Science - Lambda Tau Graduate
Train and Manage Staff
As the DCS I also managed a staff of client service employees. Supervising employees and ensuring they are meeting the company's expectations as well as assisting with human resource duties. This also included reviewing applications, conducting interviews, processing new hire paperwork and providing on the job training or mentoring to new employees.
Laboratory Director/ Client Services, 2015 to Present
• Provide Drug/Alcohol testing to Local and Federal Contactors.
• Provide payroll, and HR back office support.
• Employee Verifications, E-Verify, Background checks.
• Personnel Files, Employee Relations Assistance, On-boarding
• Job Description Writing, Salary Surveys, File Maintenance
• Scheduling, Travel Arrangements
- Laboratory Director/ Client Services at Hire
- Certified Nursing Assistant II at Carolina Healthcare Center
- Certified Nursing Assistant at Department Of Social and Health Services
4 years at this Job
Naugatuck, CT Owner/Clinical Laboratory Director Built from the ground up, independent clinical laboratory certified in hematology, syphilis and non-syphilis serology, immunology, and microbiology including herpes virus culture and immunology. Established new customer base and internet based electronic billing system.
- Owner/Clinical Laboratory Director at Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory, LLC
- Adjunct Professor of Biology at Naugatuck Valley Community Technical College
- Adjunct Professor of Biology at Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory, LLC
- Clinical Laboratory Director at Waterbury Health Department
16 years, 6 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Microbiology
Board certified by the National Registry for Certified Chemists (NRCC) in Clinical Chemistry and Clinical Toxicology. Board certified by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) in Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics. Licensed as a CLIA Laboratory Director for the States of California, Florida and Hawaii. Serving as a CLIA-Laboratory Director (LD) to several high-complexity COLA-certified laboratories in the areas of toxicology and pharmacogenomics. Responsible for the overall laboratory operations and quality management, including evaluation and approval of all working procedures and ensuring that the working environment is compliant with all applicable State and Federal regulations. Also, serving as the Clinical Consultant providing consultation to the laboratory's clients on matters related to the quality of the test results reported and their interpretation concerning specific patient conditions.
- CLIA-Laboratory Director Consultant at Independent Contractor/Sole Proprietor
- Health Science Specialist at Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Medical Technologist at Department of Veteran Affairs (VA)
- Medical Technician at Naval Heath Clinic Hawaii (NHCH)
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Doctor of Philosophy - Clinical Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science - Medical
- Diploma - Medical Laboratory Technology
Responsibilities Moved my way up from tech to Director in 3 years. Currently involved in customer relations and business development. Excellent in sales and customer management. Managing the laboratory, Managing DPA work completion along with FA and CA analysis, employee training programs, sales/ overhead matrix. Inventory and efficiency calculations. Destructive physical analysis and counterfeit investigation of electronic components. Acquired numerous certificates including: X-ray Flourescence Training Chemical Emergency Response Training J-STD-001 training with Space Addendum IPC-610 IPC-600 SEM(Scanning Electron Microscope) FTIR (Fourier Transform Infrared) Chemical Safety Officer-Consisted of Ordering chemicals, supervising use of chemicals, disposing of chemical waste properly, Overall lab safety, which included writing chemical safety hygiene plans, and numerous documents including but not limited to: Safety Proper use of chemicals First aid measures Emergency response Failure analysis-Consisted of troubleshooting boards and components to determine failures in launch. Multiple skills were tested during this process. Destructive Physical Analysis- Testing boards and components to multiple MIL-STDs including but not limited to:202, 1580, 750, 883, also numerous sub standards organized by civilians EIA,SAE, GDCA, AVNET, BALL, GOODRICH, BOEING, ULA, VIASAT, SEAKR, SANDIA, HONEYWELL, MOOG, L3, CICON, LOCKHEED, and IEC.
- Laboratory Director at IEC Analysis and Testing Laboratories
- Device Analyst at Analytical Solutions
- Electronics/ Mechanical Technician at Advanced Service Company
- Maintenance technician at Vitality works, Albuquerque
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- A.A.S. - Advanced Electronics Technology
Leader of the health system's point of care (POC) testing programs. * Management of substantial organizational regulatory risk while maintaining an essential service line involving over 12,000 testing personnel, 1000 test devices and 2.4 million annual POC tests. Span of coverage includes all Cleveland Clinic Ohio locations (9 hospitals, 18 health centers, 7 imaging sites). * Includes waived and non-waived testing performed by non-laboratory personnel (nursing, respiratory therapists, etc.). * Test modalities include: chemistry/toxicology, blood gases, hematology, immunoassay, molecular, urinalysis, and coagulation. * Demonstrated effective, long-term leadership in a matrixed environment. ◦ Successful risk mitigation and disaster preparedness in a diverse range of unique operational settings. * Prepared and implemented ancillary testing services for impromptu infectious disease unit (Ebola) in less than 24 hours. * Sustained operation and prevented closure of a regional hospital via rapid establishment of a compliant point of care testing program when hospital's central lab became unavailable. * Innovative solutions for POC on nation's first mobile stroke treatment ambulance. ◦ Experience as a College of American Pathologists (CAP) peer inspector and inspection team leader. ◦ Maintain inspection preparedness/regulatory compliance as holder of five Clinical Laboratory Improvements Amendments (CLIA) laboratory director licenses. * All labs accredited by CAP and meet CMS/CLIA standards, over multiple inspection cycles. * Implemented numerous processes to improve quality and accommodate regulatory changes, including modification of quality management plans, implementation of IQCPs (individualized quality control plans) on hundreds of testing platforms, leading to improved efficiency and lower costs. * Implemented processes suitable for clinical trials participation, leading to FDA submission of a diagnostic medical device. * Successfully presented business case for substantial internal resources to obtain and implement IT solutions for instrument connectivity.
- Laboratory Director at Cleveland Clinic
- Medical Director at Automated Chemistry Core & Acute Care Laboratories
- Instructor, Kaplan Test Prep at Medical College Admissions Test
- Research Assistant at Children's Hospital of Seattle, Molecular Virology lab
8 years at this Job
- Fellowship Training - Clinical Chemistry
- Residency Training - Pathology
- MD - Medicine
- PhD - Pharmacology
- Pre med coursework - Bioengineering
- BS - Physics
Development of a GMP laboratory to develop cell therapy research projects in patients with spinal cord injury. Development, direction and control of the production and storage laboratory and preservation of mesenchymal stem cells for therapeutic purposes.
- LABORATORY DIRECTOR at BIOXCELLERATOR
- at ACADEMIC PRODUCTIVITY
- RESEARCHER-PROFFESOR ASSINTANT at UNIVERSITY OF ANTIOQUIA
- Director at Training in cell reprogramming and organoids Department
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- PhD - biomedical
- MSc in biomedical science emphasis cell biology - biomedical
- Bachelor's degree - bacteriologist and clinic laboratory