Laboratory Director Supervising pathologist to five pathologists' assistants Lead instructor to PAs, residents, medical and allied health students in histology, gross-histologic correlations, grossing concepts and autopsy prosection techniques General surgical and cytopathology Autopsy pathology Lead advisor to new hires, junior staff and trainees
Supervising pathologist to five pathologists' assistants
Lead instructor to PAs, residents, medical and allied health students in histology, gross-histologic correlations, grossing concepts and autopsy prosection techniques
General surgical and cytopathology
Lead advisor to new hires, junior staff and trainees
- Laboratory Director at Regional Pathology and Autopsy Services
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- - Clinical Instructor
- - Cytopathology
- - Pathology
- - Pathology
- D.O. - Medical
Provided transitional support and leadership for a critical access hospital with a large Rural Health Clinic. Redesigned work-flow of laboratory. Enhanced laboratory test menu.. Organized influx of testing work. Hired new laboratory staff. Mentored newly hired Laboratory Director.
- Interim Laboratory Director at Pioneers Medical Center
- Laboratory Consultant at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
- Laboratory Director - "Turned at Skyline Hospital
- Laboratory Consultant - Revised Laboratory Policy/Procedure at White Mountain Regional Medical Center
4 months at this Job
- BS - Medical Technology
- AS - Medical Technology
Directing a comprehensive clinical laboratory, monitoring and implementing SOPs, QA, QC, safety OSHA training, CAP and API Proficiency testing, Competency assessment, Maintenance and PM, implement CAPA if needed, facilitate CLIA, FDA, NY State & NJ state Inspections.
Directing a comprehensive clinical laboratory, monitoring and implementing SOPs, QA, QC, safety
OSHA training, CAP and API Proficiency testing, Competency assessment, Maintenance and PM, implement CAPA if needed, facilitate CLIA, FDA, NY State & NJ state Inspections.
- Laboratory Director at Ridgewood Diagnostic Laboratory
- Laboratory Director at Metropolitan Specialty Laboratory
- Administrative Director at N.J. Organ & Tissue Sharing Network
- Director, Chemistry & Toxicology at Quest Diagnostics
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Organic Chemistry
- M.S. - Chemistry
- B.S. - Chemistry/Biology
Director of large animal medical research facility for a Maryland-based CRO which performs Good Laboratory Practice studies. Responsible for sponsored proprietary active research; science advisor and voting member of the NLS IACUC; research and draft complex animal models involving current biomedical studies; Complete oversight regarding husbandry, documentation including laboratory compliance with regulatory requirements, veterinary care, teamwork development, pre-op, surgery and recovery, sanitation, physical plant, instrumentation, and laboratory capability promotion. The research focus of the facility included concussion, cancer/wound healing, toxicology, cardiovascular, and implanted medical device protocols.
- Laboratory Director at Noble Life Sciences
- Independent research mentor at Baltimore County
- Principal Scientist at Central Research Laboratory, Science
- Summer research project mentor for students at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore
2 years at this Job
- Ph.D. in Biological Chemistry. - Biochemistry
- B.S. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. - Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
• Managed the day to day operations
• Strived to Improve lab to keep with the standards of CLIA and COLA
• Supervise 12-18 employees
• Concurrently Monitor employee and departmental performance to ensure adherence to P&P, timelines, and regulatory requirements
• Reviewed all departmental policies and procedures annually, revising as needed.
• Hold and ensure attendance of departmental meetings, and other meetings and functions as presented by the hospital.
• Monitor payroll, budget, and submit capital requests to administration.
• Talk, coach, and work with staff to ensure their needs are met along with the needs of the hospital.
• Worked on Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement
• Scheduled all 12-18 employees on a 24/7 coverage
• Disciplined and handled all laboratory issues and problems
• Followed the guidance of QA specialists from Delta Pathology
• Managed the lab during a COLA inspection in which we received zero citations
• Manage complaints about the lab
• Manage Nursing home draws and added on another Nursing Home for Increased revenue
• Evaluated testing and added on multiple new tests that the lab would profit from as well as the patients results would be timelier.
• Over 100,000 billable tests last year
• Review QC data daily, and monthly reviewed peer data
• Oversaw and helped work on updating Procedure manuals and writing new procedures
• Worked with the CEO to improve and get new laboratory personnel and equipment
• Took the lab from using two travel techs to having an extra tech to help oversee Blood Bank
• Performed lab testing as a working lab director, with extreme workflow, unforeseen circumstances, or holidays so that the employees could be off.
- Laboratory Director at Winn Parish Medical Center
- Medical Laboratory Scientist at Biostat Laboratories INC
- Medical Laboratory Scientist at Medical Staffing Network Allied Health
- Medical Laboratory Scientist at Natchitoches Regional Medical Center
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Certificate - Medical Technology
- Credits - Physical Education
- Bachelors Degree in Biology - Biomedical
Job title of Inorganics Supervisor. Had the responsibility to know and run tests, analyze results, understand lab safety and equipment, maintenance equipment as well as test it to make sure it is running efficiently and correctly, review data, create schedules, and manage the bench analysts, as well as oversee them and make sure they are doing their jobs correctly and efficiently.
- Laboratory Director at Environmental Laboratory Services
- at Environmental Laboratory Services
- at Pizza Hut
- at Pizza Hut
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- BS - pre-med
Laboratory oversight of policies, procedures, and compliance with federal regulations.
- Laboratory Director at Tulsa State Health Department
- Manager Quality Control/Manufacturing at American Red Cross
- Laboratory Director at Muskogee Community Hospital
- Lead Medical Technologist Microbiology at Saint Francis Health System
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Doctorate in Healthcare Administration - Healthcare Administration
- Masters in Healthcare Administration - Medical Technologist
- BS in Biology - Biology
• Direct 6 direct reports; 35 technical & phlebotomy staff; 4 support staff & maintain moderate complexity labs in 23 rural clinics
• Built a Wellness program, Health Fairs in the community and Reference Lab for clinics, and physician offices
• DOT & Non-DOT Instructor for BAT & Urine Drug Collection
• Documented positive growth in 2015 - 2019 with a 20% decrease in expenses by 2017.
• Renegotiated contracts to save money and include quality requirements
• 1 million tests annually (almost 30% growth within 2 years)
• Remodeled laboratory and purchased new analyzers in each department- integrated Lean processes for efficiency
• 3.85/4.00 on Employee Survey overall
• Acquired 15 Nursing Homes and started Mobile Phlebotomy for ONC and Home Health patients.
- Laboratory Director at Ozarks Medical Center
- Laboratory Director at Roosevelt General Hospital
- Clinical Services Director at Prowers Medical Center
- Laboratory Manager at Southern Illinois HealthCare
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- BA - Biology
CLIA part time laboratory director.
- Laboratory Technical Director at Toxicology
- Research Scientist at LabCorp
- Consultant, LC/MS Method Development and Validation at Clinical laboratory
- Toxicologist at Principle Labs, LLC
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Human Toxicology
- MPH - Environmental health
Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: Responsible for the selection, supervision, and direction of personnel in performance of all technical procedures requested by physicians in diagnosis and treatment of patient disease processes. Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the operations of the Laboratory Department in the hospital. Structures each staff position and departmental organization to insure an effective work flow of technical processing. Evaluates and maintains departmental compliance with all standards required by CAP, CMS, State Health or other accrediting bodies. Plans, organizes, directs and controls departmental operation, to ensure quality service. Establishes goals and objectives within the framework of overall hospital objective. Responsible for short term and long term planning in the department. Daily reviews and adjusts the financial operation of the Laboratory Department in order to achieve the most cost effective results. Prepares annual budget and maintains actual monthly and YTD expenses versus budget figures. Adjusts expenses as necessary, dependent upon revenue, patient days, unit of service, etc. Makes recommendations concerning capital expenditures, prepares annual and three year department capital equipment budget. Effectively maintains departmental staffing requirements. Staffing is adjusted, based on work load requirements. Actual worked hours are maintained at or below approved budget hours. Monitors supply costs and usage to encourage efficiency.
- Laboratory Director at Grady Memorial Hospital
- Administrative Officer - Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Service at Oklahoma City VA Health Care System
- Program Specialist/Analyst at Oklahoma City VA Health Care System
- Health System Specialist - Office Manager at U.S. Army
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- - Accounting