Laboratory manager for antomic pathology lab Cytotechnologist (ASCP)
- Laboratory Manager at MidLantic Urology
- Cytotechnologist at Reading Hospital
9 years, 11 months at this Job
- BS - Clinical Laboratory Science, Cytotechnologist
As Laboratory Manager for all 8 locations, I am responsible for all fabrications of orthodontic appliances, co-ordination of production scheduling and timely delivery. The position demands a strong sense of urgency. Main Job Functions include:
❖ Appliance Fabrication
➢ Hyraxs, Clear Retainers, Hawleys, Lingual Arches, TPA's, House aligners, and Nance ❖ Daily Pour-Ups ❖ Quick turnaround on rush orders ❖ Co-ordination of Deliveries ❖ Ordering Supplies
- Laboratory Manager at Havens Orthodontics
- Laboratory Technician at Dr. Ross Anderson
- Laboratory Technician at Caruso Dental Lab
5 years, 2 months at this Job
Overall manager who supervises sample collection.processing.and reporting results.In charge of internal and external quality control specimen to meet laboratory standard
- Laboratory manager at Breeze medical Laboratory
23 years, 2 months at this Job
As Laboratory Manager, I have successfully completed numerous accreditation audits with both NVLAP and CCRL, for IMTL's accreditation. I am responsible for learning all ASTM and AASHTO procedures, making sure we stay up with current versions, and training all laboratory technicians to become proficient in the procedures, leading to individual accreditations through ACI. I also train field technicians on the appropriate procedures required for their certifications through ACI and NETTCP. I am required to carry the appropriate individual accreditations required of a Laboratory Manager by ASTM. I work closely with Engineers and Architects to evaluate materials proposed for use in projects, interpreting results, and troubleshooting material use when problems are encountered in the field. I keep complete records and orchestrate all equipment calibrations throughout the company, using the most current procedural requirements. I have increased efficiency of workflow in the lab during and after testing is complete, by creating electronic documents for data recording and report creation. Creating an electronic version of our sample log book has allowed all staff members to have access to sample processing information and notes at all times from any workstation. Ordering and maintaining all company equipment also falls within my duties. I have also assisted with project scheduling with clients. During high volume times, reviewing field reports for completeness and accuracy has also been a function of my position, requiring a knowledge of field procedures, project plans and specifications, and project drawings.
- Laboratory Manager at IMTL, Inc
- Laboratory Technician at IMTL, Inc
- Computer Manager at The University of Massachusetts
- Sales Clerk at The University of Massachusetts
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- MS - Marine micropaleontology/biostratigraphy/paleoecology
- BS - Geology
Successfully implemented new technology / instrumentation to better serve physician's needs Decreased overall operational costs of laboratory while increasing revenue Improved Proficiency Testing Scores Successfully authored Standard Operating Procedure, Infection Control, and OSHA manuals. Developed methods to track inventory and purchasing Developed methods to analyze statistics to improve performance Increased overall testing capacity Perform assays on serum; prepared specimens for Artificial Insemination and In Vitro Fertilizations including assisting in Egg Retrieval under sterile conditions in Surgery Achieved Technical Supervisor status with ABB as an Andrologist and Laboratory Manager.
- Laboratory Manager at Northeastern Ohio Fertility Center
- Medical Classes Instructor at National Institute of Technology
- Substitute Teacher at Field Local Schools
- Adult Instructor at Field Local Schools
13 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Medical Technology
Displayed outstanding organization, documentation, and professionalism. Responsible for sustaining strong client and contractor relations in the field as well as accurately documenting daily construction activities, materials testing and adhere to the compliance of project specifications. Daily and weekly review of all technical and non-compliance reports for high profile jobs. As laboratory manager, a team of 4-6 people were managed under my supervision while adhering to our quality systems manual, and national organizations such as AASHTO & CCRL.
- Laboratory Manager at Fenagh Engineering & Testing
- Staff Engineer at Fenagh Engineer
- Field Inspector & Technician at John Turner Consulting, Inc.
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Environmental Engineering
As a general job description; responsible for the supervision and management of laboratory testing operations and staff which conduct the analysis and reporting of various products such as crude oil, fuel oils, middle distillates, petroleum and petrochemicals, LPG & LNG gases, etc.
• P & L responsibility for assigned Laboratory operations.
• Provide assistance to clients in explaining Laboratory analysis.
• Assume responsibility for authenticity for Laboratory Certificates of Analysis.
• Receive orders from clients on submitted samples; follow up on job progress and reports status to clients.
• Provide recommendations to the Regional Laboratory Manager on upgrading laboratory.
• Participate in local marketing efforts.
• Maintain thorough understanding of sampling techniques.
• Assure compliance with Laboratory Q.A. Manual and Safety Manual.
• Perform testing and analysis, as well as other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Quality Control of laboratory solutions and standards.
• Able to identify emerging shifts in the industry through the review of competitive analysis coupled with the ability to make sound suggestions or recommendations to maintain competitive.
• This position is responsible for the management and supervision of employees and will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these individuals.
• Ensure that the Quality Control of laboratory solutions and standards, are adhered by SGS standards.
• Acts accordingly to the SGS standards of ethics and integrity.
- Laboratory Manager at SGS NORTH AMERICA INC
- QHSE Consultant and Project Manager at Self Employed
- Area Quality, Safety, and Training Manager - East Coast at Intertek
- Bench Chemist - Research and Development at Bel-Ray Company, Inc.
1 month at this Job
- B.Sc. - Chemistry
- Minor - Entomology
- Green Belt - Lean and Six Sigma
Direct the day-to-day operations of four large testing departments for a $6M company, with responsibility for developing new research methods, implementing client-driven methods and patent art methods that prove or support a client's market claim on their consumer products. Additionally, responsible for the use of lab facilities, ensuring proper training for junior to senior level managers, providing technical interface between clients and lab.
Direct the training and performance of 30 lab team members across six different labs.
• Increased profit margin of lab by 60% through assessment of use, inventory management and introduction of new methods to support client research
• Drove a 30% increase in quoted work received, serving as technical interface between clients and lab, promoting the work and results of lab and team
• Drove new lab revenue up to $500K through development of the Flushability Laboratory
• Serve as technical expert at tradeshows, conferences and client meetings, delivering a 6% increase in new clients as a result of new relationships built through these industry events
• Troubleshoot, repair analytical equipment, saving company 10% in maintenance contracts over 5-year period
• GC-MS Analyst: Conducted research on odor, volatile and semi-volatile analysis on toys, consumer products and provided analysis for consumer complaint investigations
• Ensure all testing is performed following laboratory safety and housekeeping practices, including periodic safety audits
- LABORATORY MANAGER at Flushability Laboratory
- TECHNICAL LEADER at SGS IPS Testing
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR at Pace Analytical Services, Inc
- ORGANICS SUPERVISOR at Precision Analytical Laboratory
6 years, 1 month at this Job
- BS - Geology
Boston, MA Genomics Core, Ocular Genomics Institute May 2013-Present Laboratory Manager Manage Diagnostic (NGDx) and research cores. Perform diagnostic and research projects. Trained personnel on diagnostic testing methods and Sanger sequencing according to CLIA guidelines. Maintenance of equipment, development of standard operating procedures (SOP) according to CLIA guidelines.
- Laboratory Manager at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Sanger Sequencing Supervisor at DNA Sequencing Center for Vision Research
- Research Technologist at DNA Sequencing Center for Vision Research
- Research Technologist at DNA Sequencing Center for Vision Research
5 years, 10 months at this Job
- BS - Biology
- Master of Liberal Arts - Biotechnology
Serves as the Chief Laboratory administrator of a healthcare organization that supports over 100,000 beneficiaries. Responsible for the technical, financial, logistical and administrative functions of the Department, directly supervises the senior Supervisory Medical Technologists, and manages a robust technical staff of 50+ highly skilled Medical Laboratory professionals. As the Lab Manager, oversees the development of new protocols, develops, implements, and monitors quality assurance programs that ensure accurate and timely delivery for millions of medical laboratory tests annually; ensures regulatory compliance with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), American Association of Blood Banks (AABB), College of American Pathologists (CAP), and The Joint Commission (TJC). Positive outcomes: As the Chief Laboratory Administrator, implemented a six-month HR Strategic Personnel Scheduling initiative to resolve scheduling challenges caused by staffing shortages. As the Hiring Manager, through the employment of an ambitious talent acquisition plan, reduced the staffing shortages by 40%. As the Chief Financial and Billing Officer, rectified over $500,000 in budgetary shortfalls. As the Laboratory Manager, orchestrated successful College of American Pathologists (CAP), American Association of Blood Banking (AABB), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and Joint Commission inspections maintaining 100% compliance for nearly three years.
- Laboratory Manager at Blanchfield Army Community Hospital
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer (CEO)/Chief of Staff at Blanchfield Army Community Hospital
- Executive Assistant to the Deputy Chief of Staff for The Army Medical Command at Office of The Surgeon General of the US Army
- Deputy Laboratory Manager/Chief, Core Laboratory at William Beaumont Army Medical Center
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science (MSHCM) - Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science (BS) - Applied Management majoring in Laboratory Technology
- Associates of Science (AS) - Health Science Laboratory Technology