Clinical Laboratory Manager and fully certified medical technologist with 25 years career experience. Risponsable of Supervision and administration of clinical diagnosis laboratory in hospital setting.
- Laboratory Manager at Hospital Menonita de Caguas
7 years at this Job
- Master's - Master degree in Clinical Laboratory Sciences
Responsibilities: I was hired as the sole Laboratory Manager of a Suboxone patient clinic to perform urine toxicology testing using the ImmTox/LabTrak (Global Analytical Development) instrument. Perform analyses on approximately 120 urine toxicology samples per week. Responsible for all laboratory and instrument maintenance, logs/records, QC/QA, inventory control, and proficiency testing.
- Laboratory Manager at MAT Clinics
- Medical Laboratory Scientist 2, Medical Technologist 2 at University of Maryland System (St. Joseph's Hospital and UM Medical Center)
- Microbiologist (Contract position) at Environmental Protection Agency
- Laboratory Supervisor (Contract position) at Arthritis Care Specialists of Maryland
10 months at this Job
- BS - Microbiology
- BS - Medical Technology
- Ph.D. - Post Graduate Education and Training
Successful in a high-stress environment. Research Assistant and Lab Manager in a research-based graduate program in Animal Cognition. Managed the Comparative Cognitive Lab studying pigeons with operant learning, studying cognitive behaviors. Recruited, trained, and supervised 10-15 undergraduate research assistants each semester. Maintained health and welfare of 40-60 pigeons.
- Laboratory Manager at Comparative Cognition Laboratory
- Graduate Teaching Assistant at Department of Psychology
- Specimen Processing Assistant at Diagnostic Center for Population and Animal Health
- Payroll Assistant at Diagnostic Center for Population and Animal Health
9 months at this Job
- Master's - Experimental Psychology, Animal Cognition
- Bachelor's - Psychology, Biology minor
Non-Contract This position was hugely diverse, giving me a wide variation of operational duties as well as engaging in A wide variety of functions and departments across the Business. I reported directly to and supported The Chief Executive Officer. I also worked closely with executive management team in determining the Optimal strategies for the future of the company. I helped to implement those Strategies by ensuring That the right resources were in place to capture growth opportunities. I promoted innovation and And growth while focusing on cost containment and efficiency. I managed 70+ staff members to Include Microbiology Manager, Histology Manager, Day Supervisor, and Night Supervisor.
- Laboratory Manager at Phoenix Central Laboratory
- Clinical Laboratory Technician at Willapa Harbor Hospital
- Clinical Laboratory Technician at Great Falls Clinic Medical Center
- Clinical Laboratory Technician at Samaritan Lebanon Community Hospital
5 months at this Job
- Associate Degree - Medical Laboratory Technician
- associate degree in business / manufacturing - business
- - Swedish
Laboratory Manager, ICP-MS, Ciencias de la Tierra
• Manage laboratory for trace metals analysis in rock, sediments, waters, and biological samples. Operate and maintain inductively coupled plasma quadrupole mass spectrometer (ICP-Q-MS).
• Develop analytical methods and sample preparation methods.
• Obtain and maintain Instituto Nacional de Normalización (INN) accreditation via ISO 17025 compliance and inter-laboratory calibrations for trace metals in biological tissues, drinking waters and waste waters (EPA 200.8 & 6020a).
- Laboratory Manager, ICP-MS at Universidad Austral de Chile, Los Rios
- Senior Service Engineer\Application Specialist at Thermo Fisher Scientific Australia
- Isotopic Methods Analyst at Servicio Nacional de Geología y Minería
- Field Service Engineer\Application Specialist at Thermo Fisher Scientific Australia
3 years at this Job
- - Titulado de Biología Marina
- M.S. - Chemical Oceanography
- B.S. - Marine Biology
formally Mount Sinai School of Medicine)
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Nephrology
-Under Lisa M. Satlin MD, Professor and System Chair of Pediatrics
New York, NY 10029
Laboratory Manager 01/2015 - Present
• Manages the day to day functions of the laboratory, which include:
• Responsible for the purchasing of supplies and equipment in a timely matter.
• Responsible for the troubleshooting and maintenance of laboratory equipment, including scheduling onsite service.
• Maintaining and updating vendor contracts pertaining to laboratory water systems and gas cylinder purchases, as well as equipment service contracts.
• Maintaining and generating laboratory standard operating procedures.
• Maintaining and updating an inventory of all chemicals.
• Orienting and training of new personnel.
• Ensuring that the laboratory space and personnel comply with all Chemical and Radiation safety criteria, by performing quarterly laboratory assessments, maintaining training records of all personnel on chemical hygiene, performing monthly wipe test of all areas using radiation and submitting quarterly dosimeter badges.
• Assisting in the shipment of hazardous chemicals or biological substances to outside institutions, by ensuring proper shipping criteria is met.
• Offering technical assistance to post-docs with their projects, as well as clinical personnel/fellows during their research rotation in the lab.
• Overseeing rabbits for microperfusion studies by monitoring food and weight, while working with CCMS technicians to coordinate diet and social housing.
• Maintaining transgenic mouse colonies by overseeing their diet, mating and genotyping.
• Responsible for all animal purchases and maintaining record of animal expenses.
• Ensuring the laboratory is in compliance with all IACUC protocols and policy, which include proper euthanasia practices, and keeping an updated controlled-substance log for the euthanasia solution being used.
• Coordinating with IACUC and CCMS for importing or exporting animals to and from collaborating institutions.
- Laboratory Manager at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Department Safety Officer at
- Senior Associate Researcher at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Associate Researcher II at
4 years at this Job
- Certificate - Programming (Computer Science)
- Bachelor's - Biology
- - Computer Science
Network of OBGYN care centers in NJ and PA providing healthcare to women of all ages
• Laboratory Manager for Axia's Regional Women's Laboratory which performed immunology, chemistry, molecular and hematology testing until 2014 and then converted to specialize in only molecular testing
• Supervise molecular testing including Hologic Panther (Aptima) and BD Affirm
• Competency evaluations for technologists
• Writes and updates procedure manuals and protocols for all areas of laboratory
• Quality control and quality assurance for all laboratory operations plus QA and QC for all NJ care centers (over 50 locations with 150 providers)
• Training and support for care center providers and staff
• Supervision of proficiency testing for main laboratory and care centers
• CLIA and State of NJ regulatory inspections, performing mock inspections at care centers and post-inspection support
• Operate within budget and find cost savings in laboratory operations
• Work with IT support team to troubleshoot laboratory issues in electronic medical records (EMR)
• Validation of interfaces between laboratory instruments and reference labs and EMR
• Extensive knowledge of LabDAQ, e-Clinical Works, Copia
• Interact with equipment vendors, reference labs, etc. to support laboratory operations
• Evaluate potential new testing including research into profitability, insurance coverage and reimbursement
- Laboratory Manager at Axia Women's Health
- Laboratory Manager at Asthma & Allergy Solutions
- Laboratory Manager and Supervisor at Asthma Disease Management Inc
- Per diem Medical Laboratory Technician in Microbiology and Hematology at Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center
8 years at this Job
- - Chemistry
- Associates in Applied Science - Medical Laboratory Technology
- - Nursing
• Hired as Laboratory Manager at Montgomery, IL processing plant. Transferred to Raeford, NC further processing plant after Illinois plant closure in August 2017.
• Assist with developing, implementing and maintaining laboratory programs.
• Develop SOP's for test methods and GLP's.
• Use company computer software to design sampling programs for plant environmental monitoring.
• Ensure collection and testing of required samples and creation of COA's for customers requiring them.
• Utilize laboratory data to prepare reports, graphs, and charts for members of management and initiate applicable corrective measures.
• Provide data analysis and trending of data.
• Provide guidance in troubleshooting microbial issues, including finished product, ingredient, sanitation, and environmental issues.
• Develop and implement lab personnel training.
• Conduct facility audits and audit lab technician performance.
• Notify members of management when deviations occur for corrective action.
• Maintain laboratory proficiency testing standards.
• Maintain laboratory standard procedures manual.
• Maintain laboratory safety manual.
• Responsible for scheduling, training, coaching, and making recommendations to the Technical Services Manager about performance, hiring, and termination decisions.
• Manage facility environmental sampling program and select sampling sites.
• Coordinate with 3rd party labs and other Butterball facility labs to arrange testing and special projects.
• Manage facility shelf life program and provide assistance to R&D when developing special projects.
- QA Laboratory Manager at Butterball, LLC
- QA Lab and Food Safety Supervisor at OSI Industries
- R&D Specification Coordinator at Monogram Foods
- Shelf Life Coordinator/FSQA Data Analyst at Hatfield Quality Meats
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Animal Science - Animal Science
- Associate of Science in Agriculture - Agriculture
WORK EXPERIENCE Manager, Research Laboratory – (Present – October 2017) Traumatic Brain Injury Laboratory, Emory University/Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA ▪ Report directly to the Chair of Biomedical Engineering ▪ Supervise move of laboratory materials from University of Pennsylvania to Emory and Georgia Tech ▪ Help with design and renovation of animal and laboratory space at Emory ▪ Create IACUC protocols for traumatic brain injury (TBI) research in piglets at Emory ▪ Organize laboratory space and animal facility space ▪ Order laboratory supplies and animals ▪ Help create animal models of TBI ▪ Blood draws, animal behavior studies, animal observations and necropsy ▪ Hire staff ▪ Train staff
- Laboratory Manager at Emory University
- Afterschool Program Staff and Substitute Teacher at Greene Street Friends School
- Teaching Assistant 3rd grade and Substitute Teacher at Germantown Friends School
- Assistant Veterinarian at Greene Street Animal Clinic
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- - Continuing Education
- DVM - Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- BS - Animal and Poultry Sciences
I directed a state certified water quality analysis laboratory in the Florida Keys as both a Manager and a Chemist simultaneously for 5+ years. My lab was certified through the National Environmental Accreditation Program (NELAP)and held to the highest standards in the industry. We performed Microbiology and Chemistry based testing on all matrices of water for numerous clients including government agencies such as FDEP and DOH. I managed all facets of the business from hiring/firing/supervising employees to a significant amount of fiscal responsibilities within the company for my lab. In the fall of 2014 my wife and I decided to start a family and relocate back to Central Florida. I transitioned within the company to the Lead Field Technician for Central and South Florida.
- Laboratory Manager at Flowers Chemical Laboratories, Inc
- Lead Field Technician at Flowers Chemical Laboratories, Inc
- Charter Boat Captain at Almost There Charters
- Alaskan Bush Fishing Guide at Togiak River Fishing Adventures
8 years, 8 months at this Job
- Associates - Liberal Arts and Science