2015. 3. Laboratory Technologist (4 year) at Aga Khan University Laboratory, Pakistan (ISO/JCIA) Certified. Skills & Specialty
- Laboratory Technologist at Junior Laboratory Tech at WHO
1 month at this Job
- - teaching
Federal University of Technology, Owerri. Duties includes: Setting of practical work for students, Carrying out maintenance and servicing of laboratory of laboratory equipment, assisting in supervision of work of Laboratory staff in my section. Perform a variety of tests with chemicals and water assuring that proper departmental procedures are followed, Preparation of media and reagents for use in performing bacteriological and chemical tests, Performing the duties of a laboratory technologist II at a higher level of responsibility, assisting in coordinating the activities of several sections. participation in research work and assisting in disseminating research findings, indenting supply and recording of laboratory stores and equipment, assisting in briefing and marking of practical. Assist in training of subordinate staff by answering questions and assuring proper laboratory methods are used and safety precautions followed and performing other duties as may be assigned. Oct 2009-Date
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Fundamental microbiology principles and laboratory methods
• Laboratory equipment, proper usage and safety precautions.
• Laboratory chemicals used and potential danger.
• Microbiology laboratory terminology.
• Record-keeping techniques.
• Technical aspects of field of specialty.
• Methods of transmission and control of common communicable diseases;
• Quality control and assurance principles and regulations as applicable to laboratory operations;
• Word processors, databases, spreadsheets and netw ABILITY TO:
• Perform a variety of technical bacteriological, physical and chemical laboratory tests of water, milk and other specimens. Performs general bacteriologic, virologic and serologic procedures.
• Performs parasitological and mycologic examinations.
• Maintains quality control to determine validity of tests.
• Prepares reports and maintains records.
• Calibrate and align complex instrumentation and intricate equipment;
• Learn and apply quality control methodology prescribed to the operation of the Public Health Laboratory;
• Remain knowledgeable regarding new developments in laboratory methodology, instrumentation, testing and regulations through readings, professional organizations, academic training and other resources;
• Maintain records and prepare reports.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Assist in training subordinate staff. RESEARCH PROJECTS Ecological control of disease- A Seminar paper presented in the Dept of Microbiology, SOSC causing populations at Imo State University Owerri. Imo Determination of causal agents A final Year project submitted in the Dept of MCB Of bacterial conjunctivitis at Imo State University, Owerri The impact of performance- A postgraduate work submitted in the Dept of FMT evaluation on employees' productivity at Federal University of Tech. Owerri. Comparative studies on Malaria- A postgraduate work submitted in the Dept of EVT intervention strategies in Imo at Federal University Of Tech, Owerri state of Nigeria Training and skill Development as determinants A thesis report submitted in the Dept of Of workers' productivity in the public sector of FMT at Federal University of Tech, Owerri Imo state Nigeria Knowledge, attitudes and practices relating to malaria A thesis report submitted in the and insecticide treated nets in amainyi, dept of MPH at FUTO, Owerri. Ihitte-Uboma LGA Imo State Courses Taught at the Alvan Ikokwu Federal College of Education, Owerri, in the Department of Physical and Health Education.
• HED 331 = Care of the Atypical.
• HED 145 = Nutrition Education.
• HED 445 = Health and Illness Behavior.
• HED 436 = Planning Health Education
• HED 332 = Health Counseling.
- Laboratory Technologist at Microbiology Department
- Laboratory Technologist II (Microbiology department) at Microbiology Department
- Laboratory Analyst at Microbiology Department
- Data Manager at Assessment of Hypertension and Practice of Doctors and Health
9 years, 3 months at this Job
- Phd - Public health and parasitology
- MPH - Public Health
- MBA - Management
- Post-graduate Diploma - Management
- Bachelor of Science - Industrial Microbiology
- M. tech - Environmental Technology
- - Management
I am medical laboratory technologist in medical research institute 2 year .I have b s c degree in science in open university 2013
- Meical laboratory technologist at Public Storage
- Medical Laboratory Technologist at
10 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Biology
• Test and analyze specimens of human origin and other substances using established scientific laboratory techniques to aid in diagnosing, treating, and preventing diseases or to support medical research.
• Strong knowledge of quality control and calibration.
• Maintain laboratory and office documents including standard operating procedures (SOPs), logs for equipment use and supply purchases.
• Assist in preparing the lab for inspection by the College of American Pathology (CAP) and American Proficiency Institute (API)
• Prepare and submit test results for various clinics and patients.
- Laboratory Technologist at Oxy-Gen Laboratory
- Medical Laboratory Assistant at eMedical Associates
- Bakery Cashier at Cheesecake Factory
- Hostess at The Cheesecake Factory
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Chemistry
Preparation of clinical reports including data entry of results to various healthcare organizations. Performed inoculation and testing analysis of tissue culture assays Assist with general laboratory support Organizing and filing of testing results
- Laboratory Technologist at Laboratory Corporation of America, Holdings
3 years at this Job
- MDiv - Divinity
- BS - Biology
P.M.B 5040 Rumuolumeni, Port Harcourt.
Biology Department Laboratory.
Date: Jan 2015 - March 2015
Position: Laboratory Technologist (Ad-Hoc Staff)
Function: Helps the Chief Lab Technologist
➢ Global Informatics Technology Center Kilometer 2, Off Eagle Cement Junction, Iwofe/C.O.E Rd., Rumuolumeni P.H. Phone: +234 -84-885 886, 07063105702.
- Laboratory Technologist (Ad-Hoc Staff) at Ignatius Ajuru University, of Education
- at National Grammar School Nike Abakpa Enugu State
- Secretary at
- at Chukwuebuka Hospital Umuahia, Abia State
2 months at this Job
- B.Sc - Microbiology
Staff Technologist responsible for the diagnostic imaging of the patients at the Urgent Care clinic as well as patient intake, phlebotomy and other laboratory duties including strep and urine testing
- Radiologic Technologist/Laboratory Technologist at St. Mary's Urgent Care
- Clinical Instructor at St. Mary's Center for Orthopaedics
- Radiologic Technologist/Clinical Instructor at St. Mary's Center for Orthopaedics
- Radiologic Technologist at St. Mary's Regional Medical Center
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associates of Science - Radiography
Performs duties of a medical laboratory technologist including specimen processing, quality control, urinalysis, chemistry, hematology, coagulation, and stat testing.
- Medical Laboratory Technologist at Akron General Medical Center
- Medical Laboratory Technologist at Akron Children's Hospital
- Medical Laboratory Technologist at Wooster Community Hospital
- Medical Laboratory Technologist Intern at Akron Children's Hospital
6 years, 11 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science in Clinical Laboratory - Clinical Laboratory
Perform Maintenance, Calibration and Quality Control on different machines such as:
- Laboratory Technologist at ACCU Reference Medical Laboratory
- Diasorin Liaison XL at Unicel DXI
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- BS - Human Biology
Operates and calibrates an assortment of laboratory/testing equipments and performs various chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic tests. Performs stat and routine testing on a variety of specimens quickly and accurately. Maintains lab equipment and troubleshot/resolved instrument problems. MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST General Medical Technologist
- Clinical Laboratory Technologist at Aurelia Osborne Fox Memorial Hospital
- Supervisory (General/Technical) at Marianas Medical Center
- Laboratory Technician at Almana General Hospital
- HISTOPATHOLOGY/CYTOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST AND IN-CHARGE at LA UNION MEDICAL DIAGNOSTIC CENTER AND HOSPITAL
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master's - Health Informatics
- Bachelor of Science - Medical Technology