2015. 3. Laboratory Technologist (4 year) at Aga Khan University Laboratory, Pakistan (ISO/JCIA) Certified. Skills & Specialty
- Laboratory Technologist at Junior Laboratory Tech at WHO
1 month at this Job
- - teaching
• Promoted from Laboratory Technologist Trainee to Laboratory Technologist
• Chosen to perform FDA validations for Research and Development of modified whole-genome single nucleotide polymorphism assays
• Perform laboratory tasks as directed by Standard Operating Procedures
• Verify and review the quality of assay results
• Acquainted with laboratory tracking software applications, such as Laboratory Information Management System(LIMS) and Personal Genome Studio
• Troubleshoot various equipment and complete daily and weekly maintenance of various instrumentation
• Competent in Good Documentation Practices and record retention
• Operated in a CLIA and CAP accredited laboratory
- Laboratory Technologist at LabCorp
- Sales Supervisor at Spencer's Gifts
- Assistant Manager at Cloud 9 Vapor
- Operator Assistant at Austin Electrical Co
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Certification - Emergency Medical Technician - Basic
- Bachelor's - Biology
for what is now Grace Medical Center Hospital. Performed general laboratory procedures in all departments. As the Lead Technologist, I successfully conducted outreach for the Laboratory by calling on physicians to persuade them to send our Laboratory their patients' laboratory business.
- Laboratory Technologist at Medical
- Laboratory Technologist at Medical
- Sales person at Milex Southern
- Medical Technologist at Physicians Laboratory Services
19 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Marketing
Federal University of Technology, Owerri. Duties includes: Setting of practical work for students, Carrying out maintenance and servicing of laboratory of laboratory equipment, assisting in supervision of work of Laboratory staff in my section. Perform a variety of tests with chemicals and water assuring that proper departmental procedures are followed, Preparation of media and reagents for use in performing bacteriological and chemical tests, Performing the duties of a laboratory technologist II at a higher level of responsibility, assisting in coordinating the activities of several sections. participation in research work and assisting in disseminating research findings, indenting supply and recording of laboratory stores and equipment, assisting in briefing and marking of practical. Assist in training of subordinate staff by answering questions and assuring proper laboratory methods are used and safety precautions followed and performing other duties as may be assigned. Oct 2009-Date KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Fundamental microbiology principles and laboratory methods
• Laboratory equipment, proper usage and safety precautions.
• Laboratory chemicals used and potential danger.
• Microbiology laboratory terminology.
• Record-keeping techniques.
• Technical aspects of field of specialty.
• Methods of transmission and control of common communicable diseases;
• Quality control and assurance principles and regulations as applicable to laboratory operations;
• Word processors, databases, spreadsheets and netw ABILITY TO:
• Perform a variety of technical bacteriological, physical and chemical laboratory tests of water, milk and other specimens. Performs general bacteriologic, virologic and serologic procedures.
• Performs parasitological and mycologic examinations.
• Maintains quality control to determine validity of tests.
• Prepares reports and maintains records.
• Calibrate and align complex instrumentation and intricate equipment;
• Learn and apply quality control methodology prescribed to the operation of the Public Health Laboratory;
• Remain knowledgeable regarding new developments in laboratory methodology, instrumentation, testing and regulations through readings, professional organizations, academic training and other resources;
• Maintain records and prepare reports.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Assist in training subordinate staff. RESEARCH PROJECTS Ecological control of disease- A Seminar paper presented in the Dept of Microbiology, SOSC causing populations at Imo State University Owerri. Imo Determination of causal agents A final Year project submitted in the Dept of MCB Of bacterial conjunctivitis at Imo State University, Owerri The impact of performance- A postgraduate work submitted in the Dept of FMT evaluation on employees' productivity at Federal University of Tech. Owerri. Comparative studies on Malaria- A postgraduate work submitted in the Dept of EVT intervention strategies in Imo at Federal University Of Tech, Owerri state of Nigeria Training and skill Development as determinants A thesis report submitted in the Dept of Of workers' productivity in the public sector of FMT at Federal University of Tech, Owerri Imo state Nigeria Knowledge, attitudes and practices relating to malaria A thesis report submitted in the and insecticide treated nets in amainyi, dept of MPH at FUTO, Owerri. Ihitte-Uboma LGA Imo State Courses Taught at the Alvan Ikokwu Federal College of Education, Owerri, in the Department of Physical and Health Education.
• HED 331 = Care of the Atypical.
• HED 145 = Nutrition Education.
• HED 445 = Health and Illness Behavior.
• HED 436 = Planning Health Education
• HED 332 = Health Counseling.
- Laboratory Technologist at Microbiology Department
- Laboratory Technologist II (Microbiology department) at Microbiology Department
- Laboratory Analyst at Microbiology Department
- Data Manager at Assessment of Hypertension and Practice of Doctors and Health
9 years, 5 months at this Job
- Phd - Public health and parasitology
- MPH - Public Health
- MBA - Management
- Post-graduate Diploma - Management
- Bachelor of Science - Industrial Microbiology
- M. tech - Environmental Technology
- - Management
Quality-focused medical lab technologist with excellent clinical skills gained through hands-on experience and extensive education, successfully performing all laboratory tests and procedures with expedience, attention to detail and optimum quality, and a profound ability to provide consulting services.
• Streamline laboratory processes, efficiently preparing samples and performing screens on Cobas 6000/E411 Chemistry System.
• Execute and analyze tests in areas including chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, and immunohematology, to aid physicians in diagnosing and treating disease.
• Consistently commended for the timely, high-quality completion of both routine and special laboratory assays of patient specimens.
• Ensure test result validity before recording / reporting results, earning a reputation for meticulous attention to detail.
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate test results effectively with physicians, pathologists, and nursing staff as a member of interdisciplinary team focused on providing exemplary quality of care.
• Evaluate quality control within laboratory using standard laboratory test and measurement controls, and maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, safety, and risk-management guidelines.
• Assists physicians and ARNP's in the bone marrow collection process. When needed takes over the bone marrow biopsy collection process in order to schedule more patients, and make better use of clinic hours.
- Laboratory Technologist at University of Miami Sylvester Cancer Center
- Laboratory Assistant at University of Miami Sylvester Cancer Center Miami
- Laboratory Assistant at Baptist Hospital Miami
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Services Admin - Health Services Admin
- Associate's Degree in Science - Medical Campus
• Medical Laboratory Technologist
• Develops and maintains automated laboratory system files
• Performs specialized, routine, and non-routine testing in Chemistry, Hematology, Serology, Urinalysis and Coagulation
• Key Operator on DXC/DXI series Chemistry analyzer
• Key Operator on Beckman DxH & Sysmex XN-3000 Hematology System analyzer
• Key Operator on ACL Top series Coagulation analyzer
• Key Operator on Mini-Vidas series analyzer
• Key Operator on GEM series analyzer
• Calibrates, operates, and maintains all laboratory instruments.
• Required to be able to run ALL daily QC, Calibrations, and maintenance on all test kits and instrumentation within the laboratory.
- Medical Laboratory Technologist (Generalist) at St. Joseph Medical Center
- Laboratory Supervisor at United States Army Reserves
- Medical Laboratory Technologist at Peak Medical Clinic
- Medical Laboratory Technologist at Club Staffing, Inc.
6 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Clinical Laboratory Science and my MT Certification
West Islip, NY 2017 to Present CBC-Differential, ERS, Sickle Cell, Coagulation studies, Coag-PT-aPTT-Fibrinogen-D-Dimer, Urinalysis, Rotem analysis for Cardiac procedure, Fluids and Crystal analysis, PFA and P2W12 platelet analysis. HCLL blood bank system, Cerner LIMS, Epic LIMS, Blood Type, Rh and Screen, Confirm types, Antibody identification, troubleshooting on NEO analyzers, electronic and AHG and Cross matching units with patients, DAT cord blood, DAT work up, fetal screen, Phenotyping units and patients Antibody Elution, Transfusion reaction workup, Splitting products for baby units, Modification of frozen products, Preparing RHg Rogam products, issuing products including emergency units, Motioning, receiving and changing products status. Discarding expired products Quality assurance of reagents and daily, weekly and monthly maintenance of instrumentation. Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Medical Laboratory Technologist at Good Samaritan Hospital
- Sickle Cell, Lead, Coagulation-PT-aPTT-Fibrinogen-D-Dimer, Serology, RPR, MONO, Urinalysis at Sunrise Medical Laboratory
- Project Manager Assistant at ICON CENTRAL LABORATORIES
- Sample Management Coordinator at ICON CENTRAL LABORATORIES
2 years, 2 months at this Job
Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: Performs testing for in-house laboratory of a primary and urgent care clinic servicing around 70- 100 patients per day. Typically the sole laboratory technologist during a seven-hour shift. Collects, analyzes, and reports patient samples for approximately 20 in-house laboratory tests primarily comprised of rapid microbiology tests, complete blood count with differential, basic metabolic panel, dip-stick and microscopic urinalysis, and drug screening. Trained in venipuncture; collects blood samples from patients as needed. Sends out patient samples for additional testing through requisition process. Verifies results of higher complexity send-out testing and communicates information to providers. Performs quality control on equipment as required. Also called upon to perform vital signs and other medical assistant roles if additional help is required in the treatment area.
- Medical Laboratory Technologist at Patient First
- at The George Washington University Hospital
- Chief, Occupational and Environmental Protection at United States Air Force
- Bioenvironmental Engineer at United States Air Force
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Biology and Mathematical Sciences
Key responsibilities 1. Conducting Pathology Laboratory Procedures as requested for by various Hospital wards, Specialist Clinics and Community Health Centres. 2. Participation in External Quality Assessment Programs and implementation and monitoring of Internal Quality Management processes. 3. Participation in Work Place Safety Incident and Accident Management. 4. Operation and Maintenance of various Automated Laboratory Equipment. 5. Performing Bacteriological Analysis of Water as requested by local Water Supply and Sanitation Companies and the Environmental Health Department. 6. Inventory and Laboratory Supply- Chain Management. 7. Laboratory cost control. 8. Laboratory information management.
- Section Laboratory Technologist at Konkola Copper Mines PLC Nchanga South Hospital, Pathology Laboratory
- Lecturer (part-time) at Citizens University
14 years, 3 months at this Job
- - counseling
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST
• Quality-focused medical Lab Technologist with excellent clinical skills gained through hands-on experience within one of the renowned laboratory.
• Goal is to perform laboratory tests and procedures with attention to detail and optimum quality. PROCEDURE SKILLS Green Cross Pathology & Molecular Laboratory, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India January 2008 - November 2018 Collect and prepare specimens and perform laboratory procedures used in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. Verify, record and report lab results on all performed tests. Ensure compliance with government requirements, laboratory policies and laboratory procedures, including maintaining the cleanliness of lab equipment, instruments and work area. Key Contributions:
• Executed and analyzed tests in the areas including Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Serology and Immunology to aid physicians in diagnosing and treating disease.
• Consistently commended for the timely, high-quality completion of both routine and special laboratory assays of patient specimens (including blood and other body fluids).
• Ensured test-result validity before recording/reporting results, earning a reputation for meticulous attention to detail.
• Demonstrated the ability to communicate test results effectively with physicians, pathologists and nursing staff as a member of interdisciplinary team focused on providing exemplary quality of care.
• Evaluated quality control within laboratory using standard laboratory test and measurement controls.
• Operated and calibrated an assortment of laboratory/testing equipment and performed various chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic tests.
• Performed stat and routine testing on a variety of specimens quickly and accurately.
• Maintained lab equipment and troubleshot/resolved instrument problems.
- MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST at PROCEDURE SKILLS
10 years, 10 months at this Job
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology - DMLT
- Master of Science(M.Sc. - Life Sciences
- Bachelor of Science(B.Sc. - Biochemistry