I was in charge of maintaining the local area network at the State Auditor's office. Managing network components and monitored LAN performance. I was responsible for administration, Installation, configuration, and backup/recovery of Windows Servers, Exchange Servers, Web Servers, and SQL Servers. Also was the second level for the help desk. Key Achievements: * I was first hired at the Auditor's office as a helpdesk/assistant LAN Administrator. Later I was promoted to the LAN Administrator position. * Developed and implemented Disaster Recovery plan, creating networking redundancy and backups to ensure continuity. * Was in charge of what software and hardware equipment and manufacture to use to keep our network up to date and reliable. * Managed process improvements, analyzing performance, troubleshooting problems and conflicts, and implementing operational and process enhancements. * Installed software and hardware to ensure local area network security and access levels and maintain network performance. * Applied patches, upgrades and new drivers on all of the servers. * Implemented DFS replication on two Network Attached Storage Servers * SQL Server Administration * Preformed a GroupWise Email Server migration to Exchange 2003 Server over a week-end. * Preformed Disaster Recovery on Exchange 2010 to new hardware. * Preformed an upgrade from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 * Preformed an upgrade from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 * Second level for the help desk * Remote and monitor Administration
- LAN Administrator at State of Indiana
- LAN Administrator at TEKSystems
- Consultant at
- Software Consultant in Indianapolis at Advanced MicroElectronic
16 years at this Job
- Associates Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology - Electronic Engineering Technology
• Headed up Profield / AMI Rollout and deployment of Tough pads hosting Profield Software Lan Administrator for all Gas Operations for over 100 users. Assume key support role for maintenance and enhancements to new and existing application development projects. Updating of all legacy hardware, laptops, desktops and MDT's.
• Perform 2nd & 3rd Level Help Desk Support, utilized HP Ticketing System, Remote Login (Bomgar) Desk side support. Recognize when interaction with other departments (IE: Technology Services, IT Labs and information Technology Planning) was required. Image Laptops, Tablets, Tough pads, Tough books (MDT) and Desktop PC's to company's pre-approved images. Installing and configuring appropriate software, drivers and Air watch to ensure proper machine build before deployment. Utilized tools such as SCCM, CCC (Computer Cost Central) and Employee photo system.
• Involved in all aspects of the application development life cycle, which includes analysis, design, build, testing and implementation. System testing and set up of user acceptance, as well as performing high-level application testing for technology upgrades. Perform Yearly LAN Room inspections to comply with company's specifications. Develop production move strategies, prepare packages and troubleshoot for errors for end users. Perform systems analysis and design tasks by working with business users, team members and other I.T. resources.
• Foster relationships with company users in order to perform thorough requirement analysis, specifications and System documentation. Sitting in on management calls communicated at a end-user computing level. Prepare, implement and deploy full line of system security including - MS Bit Locker, Net motion, Arms and Symantec Antivirus software. Establish and maintain knowledge of new technologies, business applications and products and famishes expertise where appropriate. Implemented Blanco Disk Destroyer to destroy company's outdated computers. Great understanding of Active Directory and GPS policy.
• Support Mobile Command Center and Trailer for end users and executives for emergencies and disaster sites. Additional Responsibilities: Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Applications Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Phone Issues (Both Desk and Mobile) Install, upgrade, configure and support ports and switches Building of devices, imaging, Great understanding of browsers, Active Directory and GPS settings. Ensure desktop computers interconnect with diverse systems including AD and Device management Diagnose and resolve a wide range of applications and networking problems to help minimize downtime Troubleshooting network connectivity in a LAN/WAN environment Install, upgrade, support and Office 2010, 13, 16 and any other authorized desktop applications Install, upgrade, support, diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all hardware Perform general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers, desktops and cell phones Customize desktop hardware to meet user specifications and site standards Safely package equipment for branches and arrange for the transport of the equipment Dealing with hardware and application support queries and issues reported to the support desk Demonstrates a general knowledge of company guidelines, processes, practices and procedures Video desktop interface and Citrix remote session troubleshoot SCCM 2012 (3 years) management and administration APPV 2012 Bulk Deployment & Computer Cost Central (CCC) Standard security (2 + years) patch management for critical desktop and servers Software payload verification and software update group management Level 3 infrastructure support and assistance in the maintenance / troubleshooting of SCCM and client Designing and implementing Configuration Manager current branch hierarchies Migration and testing of SCCM hierarchies to the current branch Creating Desired configuration Manager Baselines and configuration Items Operating system management using MDT including Image creation, updates Deploying Base Operating System images to the client builds Testing the Patch payloads on multiple builds Monitoring SCCM and Current branch hierarchies for healthy status Managing and providing the Compliance reports as per schedule Active directory management and role/Group management Symantec antivirus management and end point updates App sense administration and group policy administration for end Users Software updates and rollouts to end users VMware and Hyper V Training to begin in March 2019.
- System Administrator / LAN Administrator at Con Edison
- Information Technology Manager at Arrow Exterminating Company
- Information Technology Operator at Credit Suisse
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Health & Life Insurance Agent
• LAN Administration
• Level I, II, III user support
• Microsoft support
• Cylance Security Suite
- LAN Administrator at ITW Deltar Fasteners
- IT Administrator at Cumulus Media Group
- IT Administrator / Manager at CBS Radio Chicago
5 years, 10 months at this Job
- High school - General
Support LAN operations and configuration management, including 20 Window 2008 servers and 5 2003 servers, 4 Exchange servers, and One Print Server all done within Active Directory. Develop LAN procedures and instructions for FEMA. employees, including system access and user requirements. Assess Help Desk Technician's training needs and conduct training to meet those needs. Evaluate effectiveness of LAN and recommend improvements. Establish system security procedures and control access. Monitor and maintain LAN operations. Make recommendations towards purchase of new and replacement computers, servers, data storage equipment and software. Participate in the installation and integration of software, microcomputers, printers and other equipment. Conduct basic testing and evaluate proposed system changes for implementation. Recommend enhancements and improvements to the systems. Analyze problems with equipment malfunctions and systems failures. Determine the nature of the problem, identify the source, and take immediate and appropriate action to resolve and correct the problem. Perform routine preventive maintenance. Provide technical guidance of LAN use, instructing staff in the care of equipment and provide safety instructions. Develop guides and procedures in LAN use and operations, equipment features, software and application use.
- LAN Administrator at FEMA
- at One connect and Novell
- Help Desk Support Consultant at
- PC Support and Configuration Administrator at ACS
15 years, 6 months at this Job
Governmental contract work with Indiana Office of Technology Computer repair and refresh LAN Administration
- LAN Administrator at INDIANA OFFICE OF TECHNOLOGY
- Electronics Sales Associate at Meijer
- Janitorial Worker at Regal Entertainment Group
- Sales Associate at Best Buy
4 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent - General
- On-the-job Training - Information Technology and Computer Science
This position is responsible for supporting, monitoring, testing, and troubleshooting problems pertaining to local area network (LAN) systems. This position is also responsible for assisting with technical solutions and coordination installation of applications.
• Point Of Contact for Branch Office
• Executive Support
• AV Support
• Inhouse end-user technical support
• Asset management
• Computer provisioning
• Phone support for remote offices
• Remote support for remote offices
• Work with vendors when needed.
- LAN Administrator at Infogroup
- at University of Maryland University College
- Senior Technical support Analyst at United Health Group
- Technical support Analyst at The Advisory Board Company
4 months at this Job
• Maintain office computers and IT equipment.
• Monitor ticketing system (ChangeGear) for user requests.
• Inventory new equipment prior to setup.
• Create new image using Ghost and Dell PDQ Software.
• Image new and reimage computers as needed for the required department.
• Setup users accounts on new computers including transferring user files.
• Active directory changes and updates.
• Setup additional resources with Exchange 2013 (Meeting rooms w/ calendars, Public folder setup)
• Microsoft Office 365 limited migration setup
• SFTP setup for outside user access.
• Symantec Anti-Virus monitoring and virus removal as needed.
• Mitel 5000 Phone System configuration changes and user setup.
• Setup of printers on network and local.
• Setup and Termination of users within the company. Includes International and remote offices (Boston, Tokyo and Wayne). Also assist with other site when tech is out of the office.
• LogMeIn setup and remote connection for computers and users.
• Assist Infrastructure with servers as they are remote to the location (San Francisco).
- LAN Administrator at ChangeGear
- IT Support Technician at Bracket Global LLC
- IT/IS Technician at The Gilbertson Group
- IT Consultant T1 at Pegasus Technologies LLC
3 years, 8 months at this Job
Edwards AFB, CA
• Responsible for managing and burning all removable media.
• Created and managed new and current accounts on Active Directory as well as resetting passwords.
• Troubleshoot Windows 10 and Microsoft Office issues which include re-imaging machines at times
• Worked on HP and Lexmark brand printers
• Coordinate with customers to resolve network and computer issues and recommends changes or improvements to meet customer's needs.
- LAN Administrator at IntegrITS
- Information Technology Specialist at California National Guard
- NOC Specialist I at Motorola Solutions
- Customer Service Associate at Lowes
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Political Science
Provide technical support for Kingsport and multiple satellite offices in various states. Managed tape backup of all servers in data center, administration of local VM infrastructure, as well as creation and management of images used for software deployment. Generated user Active Directory accounts, handled exchange email, printer maintenance and all users' technical support functions. Maintained company cellular devices, multiple Windows 2008-12, servers and on call around the clock. * Ensured audit compliancy of Active Directory account user privileges and troubleshot AutoCAD technical problems and license issues. * Upgraded systems through migrating computers from Windows XP to Windows 7, as well as directing anti-virus roll outs and upgrades. * Saved over $100,000 (45%) on yearly mobile device expenses by renegotiating contracts with service providers. * Decreased server hardware costs by 40% through transferring field office's physical servers to VMware. * Created yearly budgets for hardware and software improvements and new purchases. * Setup users email account on Microsoft Exchange 2010 server and assisted in Exchange 2003 to 2010 server upgrade project. * Recognized for excellence in job performance through receipt of full performance bonus and perfect job review scores.
- LAN ADMINISTRATOR at Energy Transfer Partners
- PC/LAN ANALYST at Wells Fargo
- Hits National Help Desk at HUD
10 years, 8 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Worked with a small team to manage server room upgrades as well as more efficient methods for hardware and software deployment. Designed a cloud-based disaster recovery plan that balanced director's recovery point objective and recovery time objective within a reasonable budget for a small company.
- Lan Administrator at Consolidated Investment Group
- System/Satellite Administrator at EMS Technologies
- Communications-Computer System Operator at United States Air Force
1 year at this Job