Curriculum and Instruction section.). I served 5 years on the WCS Calendar Committee. I currently serve on WCS's Autism Spectrum Committee. Language Arts Teacher (October, 2003-May, 2004) Charlotte Mecklenburg School System Wilson Middle School, Charlotte, NC Super: Mr. Richard Cagle I taught Language Arts to a general education sixth grade class, preparing students for benchmark tests and SOLs, and identified them for Child Study.
- Language Arts Teacher at ..
- Manager at
- Resource Teacher at Hawkins County School District
- Language Arts Teacher at Pearl River County School District, Pearl River County
7 months at this Job
- Master of Education
- Bachelor of Science - Education
- - RN Nursing Program
English Language Arts Teacher Anti-bullying Club Sponsor Boys Basketball Team Tutor Homebound Teacher
- English Language Arts Teacher at National Heritage Academies
- Baker Sixth Grade Campus at La Porte Independent School District
- Campus New Teacher Lead Mentor & Coordinator at Wells Middle School, Spring Independent School District
- 5th grade English Language Arts Teacher, Literature Club Founder and Sponsor at Thompson Elementary, Spring Independent School District
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Double
- Masters of Education - Curriculum & Instruction
school year Louisville Municipal School District; Noxapater Attendance Center Language Arts Teacher 7th-8th grade, MS Writers, and Journalism; 2016-2017 school year Interpersonal skills, data measurement and evaluation, classroom management and professional development. Northeast Exterminating LLC
- Language Arts Teacher 7th-9th grade at Attala County School District
- Pest Technician at
1 year at this Job
- - MATS
- Bachelor of Science
- High School Diploma
5 mons. Online SAT eRater, Educational Testing Services, National System 2 Years as 7th Grade Language Arts Teacher with the Broward County School System.
- 7th Grade Language Arts Teacher at Broward County School System
- 7th Grade Language Arts Teacher at Clayton Public School System
- at David's Bridal
- Part-Time Regional Consultant at Houghton Mifflin & Harcourt, PROUnlimted, Inc
2 years at this Job
- Ed.S in Educational Leadership - Educational Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Middle Grades Education - Middle Grades Education
- - Leadership
- Master's Degree
VARIOUS SCHOOLS AND LOCATIONS: TUBA CITY BOARDING SCHOOL, Tuba City, Az 8th grade Language arts teacher, Jul 2016 – Current RIVER VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL, Mohave Valley, AZ 11th grade Language arts teacher, Jul 2015 – May 2016 DIAGONAL SCHOOLS, Diagonal, IA 9-12 English , Aug 2008- Jun 2012 PAYETTE SCHOOLS, Payette, ID High School Language Arts Teacher, Aug 2005 – Aug 2008 MELBA SCHOOLS, Melba, ID Junior High Language Arts Teacher, Aug 2000 – Aug 2005 QUEEN CREEK HIGH SCHOOL, Queen Creek, AZ Junior High Language Arts Teacher, Aug 1997 – Jun 1998
• Prepare objectives and outlines for courses of study, following curriculum guidelines or requirements of states and schools.
• Instruct through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations in one or more subjects, such as English, mathematics, or social studies.
• Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
• Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
• Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students.
• Guide and counsel students with adjustment or academic problems, or special academic interests.
- Language arts teacher at VARIOUS SCHOOLS AND LOCATIONS: TUBA CITY BOARDING SCHOOL, Tuba City, Az 8th grade Language arts teacher, Jul 2016 – Current RIVER VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL, Mohave Valley, AZ 11th grade Language arts teacher, Jul 2015 – May 2016 DIAGONAL SCHOOLS, Diagonal, IA 9-12 English , Aug 2008- Jun 2012 PAYETTE SCHOOLS, Payette, ID High School Language Arts Teacher, Aug 2005 – Aug 2008 MELBA SCHOOLS, Melba, ID Junior High Language Arts Teacher, Aug 2000 – Aug 2005 QUEEN CREEK HIGH SCHOOL, Queen Creek, AZ Junior High Language Arts Teacher, Aug 1997 – Jun 1998
- Wrestling coach at VARIOUS SCHOOLS AND LOCATIONS
- Founder/board member at Life School College Prep
- Case manager at Anasazi Foundation
18 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master's - Health Care Management
- Bachelor's - Education, Music performance, Psychology
Classroom teacher for 7th & 8th grade Reading, Language Arts classes ◦ 7th & 8th grade Reading re-teach ◦ Faculty Senate Secretary
- Reading, Language Arts Teacher at Taylor County Middle School
- Language Arts Teacher at Old Mill Middle School North
- Engineering, Student worker at University of Maryland
- Student Teaching Internship at Samuel Ogle Middle School
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master's Degree - Education
- Master's Degree - Curriculum and Instruction
- B.A. - English Language and Literature
I successfully instructed Language Arts grades 9 through 12 and Honors Language Arts 9 through 11 at Tooele High School for 28 years. I helped evaluate, organize and implement the current Tooele County School District's Language Arts Objectives and Lesson Plans pertaining to the Utah State Core Curriculum grade 11 and especially to grade 12 where most of the teacher supplements were obtained from my instructional materials. I encouraged all students to not only develop a love for learning, but also become life-long learners. I was the English Department Chair the last 15 years before my retirement in June 2016. I presided over the Professional Learning Committees (PLC's) where I kept detailed documents of our meetings. I kept dutiful, open communication between parents/guardians of my students and me. I also constantly conferred with my students not only when they were not successful in class, but also when they did extremely well in class. I was selected numerous times to collaborate with colleagues on the District level to offer my expertise in addressing the various needs of that particular committee.
- Secondary Language Arts Teacher at Tooele County School District
27 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's of Science - English
∙Teach writing workshop method as per Teachers College Reading & Writing Project of Columbia University ∙ Support literacy coach in reviewing, planning, and implementing Lucy Calkins (TCRWP) Reading and Writing Units of Study ∙ Lead weekly grade-level Language Arts teacher articulation sessions ∙ Develop and support cross-curricular infusion of Calkins workshop model, through staff development in-service, and continued one-on-one coaching. ∙ Collaborate regularly with administration and supervisor to plan and lead workshop implementation across grade levels ∙ Supported teachers through SGO data analysis ∙ Write curriculum and pacing guides for both sixth and eighth grade ∙ Blend educational technology to enhance lessons by making them more effective and efficient ∙ Facilitated in-service training for aligning TCRWP workshop model with PARCC preparation ∙ Conducted professional development for Special Education teachers implementing the TCRWP Reading Workshop model ∙ Developed Reading SGO for 6th grade and 8th grade Language Arts, and worked with teachers within the department to develop theirs ∙ Created Reading final exam across grade levels and collaborated with teachers to finalize prior to administering ∙ Created and maintain “Calkins Resources” Google Classroom for school’s Language Arts department ∙ Host PARCC and Calkins staff development sessions for teachers and administrators ∙ Support teachers’ growth in the workshop method through an “open-door policy” and modeling of mini-lessons, small group instruction, and conferring with students ∙ FacilitateFallinginLovewithCloseReadingcross-curricularbookclubandstaff development ∙ Analyze PARCC results across grade levels and develop means of utilizing reading instruction to meet areas of need ∙ District Technology Committee: Tech Integrationist ∙ Served on Creative Leadership, a team focused on infusing the arts into the school mission statement and curriculum goals
- 8th Grade Language Arts Teacher at Delran Township Board of Education
- 8th Grade English Language Arts Teacher at Franklin Middle School
- English Language Arts Teacher at Pinnacle School
at this Job
- Master's - Curriculum & Instruction
- Bachelor's of Science - Secondary
Licensed under the California Teachers Commission to teach secondary English Language Arts. Currently serving as a middle school teacher, soccer coach, and high school counselor in Richmond, California. Selected from more than 45,000 applicants nationwide to join national teacher corps who commit two years to teach in public schools. Took part in a ten-week summer institute where under the supervision of a faculty of experienced teachers. Engaged in and lead professional development workshops on student literacy, engagement, writing and strategies.
- English Language Arts Teacher at MANZANITA CHARTER MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Summer Program Teacher at PATHFINDER - HOPKINS SCHOOL
- Research and Administrative Assistant at HARDY GIRLS HEALTHY WOMEN
- Intern and Group Leader at HARDY GIRLS HEALTHY WOMEN
2 years at this Job
- Masters of Arts - Urban Education Policy and Management
- Bachelors of Arts - American Studies
An innovative and reliable Language Arts Teacher with extensive experience teaching at-risk students. Excellent communication skills coupled with a unique ability to manage and lead students of diverse backgrounds. A demonstrated record of improving students' writing, reading, and speaking abilities. Characteristics and areas of expertise include:
Assessing/Evaluating Classroom Management Lesson Plan Creation Cultural Diversity
Coaching Parent Communication Writing/Publishing Technology
Solterra Academy (formally CCMC School), New Britain CT 2018-present
• Provide academic support to students with special needs, develop academic materials and lessons relevant to the coursework, and collaborate with instructors to ensure the lesson materials are appropriate for the grade level or student's skill set.
- Language Arts Teacher at Classroom Management
- at Windsor Public Schools
- Language Arts Teacher at Windham Public Schools
1 year at this Job
- M.A. - Curriculum and Instruction
- B.A. - English