Responsible for teaching standard Arabic language and Levantine dialect to students from the diplomatic and military communities.
• SLP - Strategic Language Program - Arabic/ Levantine Language Instructor
• DLI - Arabic MSA Language Instructor
• Department of Commerce - Arabic MSA Language Instructor
• ODNI-DLS Critical Language Program (CLP) - Arabic Language Instructor
- Arabic Language Instructor MSA, Arabic-Levantine at Diplomatic Language Services
- Tester at
- Language Instructor at Cape Fox LLC
- Reviewer (Arabic) at National Foreign Language Center - University of Maryland
7 years at this Job
- Ph.D. in Pedagogical Psychology - one year of three year program
- MA of Art in Foreign Language - Education
Delivered language instruction
● Tailored course for Specific Purposes
● Improved all required language skills
● Provided cross-cultural awareness training
● Prepared supplement for classes
● Helped student develop listening, writing, reading and speaking skills
- Language Instructor at Language Door
- Tutor at
- Language and Culture Instructor at Foreign Service Institute, Department of State
- Language Instructor at Diplomatic Language Services
6 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Human Resource Management
- Master of Arts - Business English for International Communication
- Bachelor of Arts - English
Panyu, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China phone Tel: (+86) 0-203-469-1237 / 1-802-733-7637 (contact: Joanna or Paul) English Language Instructor December 2015-present
- English Language Instructor at Canadian Foreign Language School
- English Language Instructor at Canadian International Kindergarten-Agile
- Head Teacher at Canadian International Kindergarten-Agile
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- MA - TESOL
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology - Psychology
participating teachers about how to implement the New Ukrainian School Reform, and instigating a productive community of practice English as a Foreign Language Instructor December 2016- December 2018 Lesson planned, implemented classroom management, instructed and co-instructed SOCIAL MEDIA over 1,500 hours of foreign language classes to students ages 7-17 and to adult community members
- Foreign Language Instructor at [email protected]
- EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT VOLUNTEER at ZOE
- "Level Up Village" Course Instructor at ZOE
- Teaching Methodology Seminar Director at Regional English Language Office
2 years at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - ECOLOGICAL RESTORATION
- PH.D. - MANAGEMENT HUMBOLDT
Youth Beginner Native Language Private Instructor
- Language Instructor at OWENS VALLEY CAREER DEVELOPMENT CENTER
- Customer Interaction Specialist Greeter at Downtown Water Tower
- Set up crew, Greeter, Educators and Assistant at Geekwise Academy
- Volunteer at Fresno DOWNTOWN PARTNERSHIP
5 months at this Job
- - Psychology, Physical Education
- High School Diploma
Kansas City, Kansas. Designed and taught course materials for all skills at beginner, intermediiate and advanced levels.
• Language Link Corporation, Kansas City, Missouri. Contract language instructor.
• Marion College, Indianapolis, Indiana. TESOL instructor for summer program.
• Japanese Foreign Ministry, Sagami-O-No Headquarters, Tokyo. Designed and taught English courses for diplomats in training who were to be posted to embassies abroad.
• ANA-Stanton, Tokyo. Designed/taught ESL courses; responsible for collaborating with All Nippon Airways flight engineers in Nagano and Fukushima in developing a special flight instruction manual that would allow Japanese engineers to communicate effectively with foreign air crews.
• Open Door Language Center, Tokyo. Owner, director. Started/managed own ESL school in Mitaka, Tokyo. Designed courses, recruited students, managed tuition and collection of fees, hired assistant teachers, and taught.
• Kokusai Gakuin, Hokkaido, Japan. Developed curriculum, hired and trained new teachers for growing ESL school; gave seminars to Japanese ESL teachers in the area.
• Southeast Asian Language Center, Berkeley, CA. Instructor for Asian refugees.
• École des Langues, Amiens, France. ESL Teacher.
• British Council, London. ESL Teacher.
• Kanda Gaigo Gakuin, Tokyo. ESL Teacher
• YMCA, Tokyo. ESL Teacher
• Program Coordinator for MADC (Missouri Asset Development Coalition) of the Missouri Association for Social Welfare. Promoted asset-development in Missouri (microenterprise, individual development accounts, earned-income tax credit, and first-time homebuying).
• Researched, developed, and produced the first state Directory of Asset-Building Providers. Created MADC's first organizational plan, specifying its direction and operation from 2005 to 2010, created portfolio of funders and began grant writing, and created and designed MADC's first website, implementing it with the assistance of an IT professional.
• University of Missouri-Kansas City. Intern, International Student Affairs Office. Founding editor of quarterly publication "International Voice"; compiled handbook for new intern training; created booklet and designed intake forms for international students; counseled students on classes and visa-related questions
• Open Door Language Center, Tokyo. Owner, director. Started/managed own ESL school in Mitaka, Tokyo. Designed courses, recruited students, managed tuition and collection of fees, hired assistant teachers, and taught
• The Gallery, Indianapolis, IN. Manager. Managed picture frame shop/art gallery; responsible for all areas of business.
• Landscaper, Berkeley, CA. All aspects of residential landscaping.
• Oakland Law Library, Oakland CA. Reference Librarian.
- Contract language instructor at Donnelly College
5 years at this Job
- Ph.D. - Interdisciplinary Studies, Social Sciences Consortium
- - French
- M.A. - Professional Writing Program
- M.A. - applied linguistics
- B.F.A. - Fine Arts
Arabic language instructor at defense language institute
- Arabic Language Instructor at International Center for Language Studies
- Curriculum Developer at Diplomatic Language Services
8 months at this Job
Fort Bragg, NC
• Maintain a positive and professional learning environment and utilize designated materials approved by the Government to support instruction and the Army mission; design and participate in immersion activities.
• Provide strategy-based instruction in listening, reading, writing, speaking skills and regional/culture subjects including geopolitical, economic, and social problems by using modern communicative methodology and appropriate real-world proficiency activities; identify students' individual learning style and personality type for attaining higher levels of language proficiency; provide academic counseling for students via tutoring sessions.
• Collect, develop, organize and adapt learning/teaching materials and data; prepare daily lesson plan; check, correct, and grade homework; administer, distribute, and grade tests and quizzes; provide complete feedback for weekly assessments/quizzes.
• Take attendance; make daily annotations of student's learning and behavior progress; develop weekly progress report.
• Integrate technology in the classroom and in the homework assignments employing resources such as Smart Board, Black Board, RapidRote, SharePoint, the Internet and other "state of art" devices provided by the government.
• Collaborate with Academic Specialists, the Language Training Detachment (LTD) Director and SWEG(A) faculty in instruction, curriculum and test development; analyze students' performance and curriculum gaps.
- Language Instructor at Yorktown Systems Group, Inc. at SWEG
- Interpreter/Translator on call at NC Office
- Court Interpreter and Translator on call at NC Office
- Russian Instructor and Cultural Specialist at Chapel Hill Institute for Cultural and Language Education
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Program Management Professional (PMP
- Security Certification
Diplomatic Language Services, Inc. (DLS) Arlington, Virginia
Dari Language Instructor 9/2012 – present
• Provide Class Instructor (CI) services to AFPAK-Hands students
• Provide Dari language teaching to Phase I and phase IV students
• Designed and taught courses for students to develop grammar, reading, writing, and communication skills
• Conducted class evaluations and gave weekly tests for classes of 2 – 5 military personnel
• Developed course syllabus, lesson plans, homework material and daily activities and lessons
• Handled one-on-one classes
- Foreign Language Instructor at Teach Dari/Farsi/Persian
- linguist at Valbin Company
- Logistic liaison and coordinator officer at Combined Security Transition Command - Afghansitan
- interpreter/Translator, linguist supervisor/in charge, Language teacher and Cultural advisor at NATO Training Mission-Afghanistan/ Combined security Transition Command-Afghanistan
6 years, 3 months at this Job
- Diploma - Pharmacy
- Certificate - English Language
- - General Studies
• English Language Instructor, Language Development System. Culturally sensitive language instruction to adult learners of English. Emphasis on proper pronunciation, recasting correct grammar, listening skills, test preparation.
• Teaching Assistant, The University of California, Berkeley School of Graphic Design. Hands-on teaching assistant: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Color Theory.
- Linguist, Language Instructor at Language Development System
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- MFA - Creative Non-Fiction Writing
- MA - Foreign Language Pedagogy
- BA - Applied Linguistics
- - scholarship and leadership
- MLA - citation conventions