As a customer service Spanish/English language specialist, helping clients and limited English proficient customers communicate with each other is a growing experience for me. Having the opportunity to interpret the meaning of the conversation and being able to provide verbatim disclosures is a considerable joy for me as a person. Helping clients in fields such as, health insurance, auto and home insurance, law enforcement, dispatch centers, and public schools has provided a numerous deal of perspectives and terminology knowledge in which I am happy to assist with.
- Language Specialist (Spanish Interpreter) at Language Line Solutions
- Barista/Shift Supervisor at Starbucks
- Server at IHOP | ACG Texas
- Front Desk Receptionist at Days Inn
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- - Linguistics
- Office Administration
For 15+ years, I have enjoyed working onsite or remotely as a transcriptionist/medical language specialist. I love my profession, and would enjoy getting active and employed again.
- Medical Language Specialist at EDOC
- at Career Enhancements
- MedQuist.Medical Transcriptionist at
- Medical Transcriptionist at Advanced Health Care & Associates
5 years, 1 month at this Job
3. Lower School Language Specialist,middle school language specialist, deprtment head coordinator Resume
language specialist in two school divisions. Department head coordinator.
- Lower School Language Specialist,middle school language specialist, deprtment head coordinator at Beth Tfiloh Dahan Community Day School
- Teacher/Resource Teacher at Krieger Schechter Day School
- School Librarian at Krieger Schechter Day School
- School First Grade Teacher at Krieger Schechter Day School
8 years at this Job
- BA - Liberal Arts
San Antonio, TX United States
02/2009 - Present
Hours per week: 25
Language Specialist - Spanish (Interpreter/Translator)
Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills:
As EXPERT-Level IT - Performed thorough research and prepared for highly specialized consecutive and simultaneous interpretations/translations of Spanish-English/English-Spanish for a variety of proceedings of legal, business, social, medical, and educational nature. Possess extensive knowledge of the subject matter and handled it with precision, clarity, and poise. Some of the highlights include:
• Interpreted for US Army South Central America Regional Leaders Conference Executive Meeting (20-24 March 2017).
• Regularly hired to Interpret for various Board meetings and Public Hearings for the City of San Antonio (COSA).
• Interpreted for the Mayor of San Antonio, Texas and City Council members and members of the community during official public hearings (June 2015, February 2017, and March, 2017).
- Language Specialist - Spanish (Interpreter/Translator) at Worldwide Languages / Translation Focus
- Interpreted at US Army
9 years, 11 months at this Job
- - Spanish
- - communication
- Bachelor's Degree - International Relations
• make outlines for classes
• plan material for teaching Spanish
• take students attendance
• engage in educational activities with students
• instruct students on projects
• make sure students get picked up by their guardians
- Language Specialist at Futura Language Professionals
- Call Center Representative at American Girl
- Receptionist at Psychiatric Services
- Commercial Cleaner at KleenMark
at this Job
- Associate - court reporting
- - certified nursing assistant
• Delivery of accurate interpretation that conveys clarity, tone and proper style from one language into another and maintaining conversational flow between patient and healthcare provider/staff.
• Accurate sight translation from one language to another of written material ( instructions, procedure information, prescriptions, etc.)
• Translation of various written healthcare materials, from English to Spanish and vice versa.
• Proofreading of translated material.
• Cultural broker
• Knowledge and adherence to the Interpreter Code of Ethics, National Practice for Medical Interpreters, and establish policies within the system.
• Preserve confidentiality of important and sensitive verbal and written information
• Help guide/train new hired interpreters as required
• Handle telephonic interpretation
• Respond to patient and staff request via phone or email for services and help coordinate/ schedule these request as needed.
• Guide staff when needed as to when to call for on-site ,phone, and/or video interpreter, and how to obtain the equipment if needed
• Deliver and guide staff on how to use video equipment on occasion, as needed.
• Some office management experience.
• Invoicing, data input and record keeping experience.
- Language Specialist at Ascension Health
- Remote Telephonic Interpreter at Stratus Video
- Medical Spanish Interpreter/Translator at Ministry Health Care
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- High school
Validating voice recordings to build and train speech and language models. Working on pronunciation dictionaries and phonetic transcriptions. Providing language and cultural-specific input. Contributing to the creation of best practices and procedures. Working with the teams responsible for building the tools to improve the accuracy and quality of data.
- Language Specialist at SoundHound
- Content Reviewer at Welocalize
- Translation Project Manager and Technical Writer at Writec
- Teaching Professionals at Istituto Scolastico Sistema
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- - Localization Project Management
- Master Degree in Humanities - Italian Literature and Publishing
- LLP Erasmus - American studies
- Bachelor Degree in Humanities - Italian Literature and Philology
Provide speech and language therapy to students in Kindergarten through 5th grade Responsible for developing lesson plans and and formulating IEPs Participate in Professional Learning Committees Responsible for SEMI billing Provide case management for students who are Eligible for Speech Language Services (ESLS) Evaluate students to determine eligibility for speech services
- Speech-Language Specialist at Lincoln School
- Speech-Language Pathologist at Watch Me Grow
- Speech-Language Pathologist at Functional Life Achievement
- Speech-Language Pathologist at The Rebecca School
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Speech-Language Pathology
- Bachelor of Arts - English
Assisted and instructed English Language Learners with reading and phonics. Lead small group sessions. Conducted data entry of attendance and absences. Graded, tested and scored students to check for progress. Restocked and ordered new supplies.
- English Language Specialist at Clark County School District
- Prime Now Associate at Amazon.com
- Premier Support Specialist at Asurion Premier Support Solutions
- Talent Acquisition Coordinator-Receptionist at Customer Contact Channels
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Associate - Liberal Arts
- High school or equivalent - Diploma
Research and documentation of Polish-American newspapers written before the 1920's. Collaboration with staff on a variety of projects. Writing and editing of title essays for the Library of Congress newspaper database.
- Language Specialist at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
- Summer Camp Leader at Wood Dale Park District
- Costuming Assistant at Wood Dale Park District
- Summer Camp Counselor at Camp Vista Summer Camp
5 months at this Job
- Bachelors in Kinesiology - Molecular and Cellular Biology