VA, USA) > Providing individual english language tutor to foreign students.
- High School Language Tutor at Abingdon School
- Child Center Supervisor at YMCA Singapore
- School Supervisor at SAF Singapore
- School Teacher at SAF Singapore
1 year at this Job
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education - Early Childhood Education
• Converse in Haitian Creole with students who speak English, but taking Haitian Creole class
• Develop Creative role plays in each session as part of the teaching technique used
• Prepare lesson plans for each session
• answer questions, and helped students becoming better at the target language
- Language Tutor at Five College Center of World Languages Language Program
- Office Assistant at Five College Center of World Languages Language Program
- Level 2 Counselor at New England Center for Children
- Research Assistant at UMass Amherst
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Art in Psychology - Psychology
My position as a Sign Language tutor was to go in during lunch time and tutor any student who is struggling with sign language. My accomplishments as an ASL tutor was that I helped students understand ASL and I quizzed them.
- American Sign Language Tutor at John Burroughs High School
- VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES at Walt Disney Elementary School
1 year at this Job
Support students that require tutoring for their Greek language course by reformulating content and tailor guidance for homework
● Improve student's oral communication skills through interactive conversation in Greek
- Greek Language Tutor at Penn Language Center - University of Pennsylvania
- Chief of Staff at Ivy League Model United Nations
- Project Leader at Ivy League Model United Nations
- Summer Intern, Financial Risk Management at KPMG
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics - Introduction to Business Statistics
- A-Level - Mathematics
• REACH office tutor for entry level to advanced German language classes.
• Responsible for tutoring groups of 1-5 students with supplementary material, test-prep, and study assistance.
• CRLA Level 1 certified
- German Language Tutor at University of Louisville
- Certified Technician, Staples at Store
- Intern at Health Enterprises Network, Greater Louisville Inc
- Intern, Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, District 5 at Store
8 months at this Job
- BA - Political Science and German
• Helped students with their class assignments and reviewed the course materials together.
• Assisted students in speaking, reading and writing in the Japanese language to improve their overall language skill.
• Discussed various topic about Japan with students in order to provide them with a better understanding of the Japanese culture.
- Student Language Tutor at Language Resource Center
- Volunteer at Little Friends, Inc.
- Volunteer at Feed My Starving Children
- Server at Biwako Hotel
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- B.A. - International Business / Minor in Organizational Communication, and Marketing
- - Study Abroad
I was a tutor for students grades K-5 in the areas of reading, language arts math and social studies. I assisted students with their daily work when requested by classroom teachers. I developed lessons to increase the students sight word recognition, phonetic skills, spelling and comprehension. One specific student needed specialized instruction in oral and written comprehension, eg. answering oral and written questions and the development of sentences. I work with small groups and individual students at hour intervals 3 to 4 hours a week as identified in their individual learning plan.
- English Language Tutor at Elyria City Schools
- Substitute Teacher at Various Schools in the Lorain County Area
- Teacher at LORAIN CITY SCHOOLS
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Early childhood and Special Education
- Master's - Early childhood special ed.infant-5
CTC Writing Support Laboratory 928 Manchester Expy., 31904 December 2016-Present 706-649-1728 Columbus, GA English Language Tutor Responsibilities: Performing as part of a team striving to increase student success rates in English courses at the college, providing customer service to students in the form of one-to-one tutoring sessions, creating, planning, and teaching faculty/ student workshops, creating student resources, scheduling student appointments, maintaining and updating digital records related to student progress, participating in regular professional development training and team building exercises, assisting students in locating and using research materials and databases, assisting English Language Learners with resumes and basic computer skills, and collaborating on committee assignments with other Academic Affairs and Student Services Personnel. Projects: Team: · Participation in research study "Theory Driven Metaphors in the Visual Marketing of Academic Support" through Columbus Technical College Writing Support Laboratory in Partnership with Old Dominion University and Columbus State University o Completed Institutional Review Board mandated National Institutes of Health Web-based Human Subjects Training: “Protecting Human Research Participants” o Created project website o Helped organize and create marketing articles for college newsletter o Uploaded and formatted survey in Qualtrics for distribution to students o Maintained records of survey results o Created minutes and objective lists during meetings o Assisted in managing electronic updates of project o Assisted in communication with lead researcher and teammates for collaborative assignments and deadlines Individual: · Created multiple written resources relating to English Grammar and Pronunciation for the Columbus Technical College Writing Support Laboratory o Reference materials o Practice Tests o Instructions for utilizing databases at home · Created and conducted writing workshop “Analyzing Literature: A Student’s Guide to Analyzing Novels, Short Stories, and Poetry"
- English Language Tutor at CTC Writing Support Laboratory
- Bagger/Customer Service Representative at Publix Parkway Center
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Some College: 24 Credit Hours - General Studies
- High school - General K-12, Focus on Mass Communication in High School
• Serve as an academic peer tutor for students at OSU in American Sign Language courses
• Provide help to students in vocabulary, sentence structure, and homework as a requirement for their course
- American Sign Language Tutor at Oklahoma State University
- Prep and Breakfast Cook at Oklahoma State University Athletics
- Line Cook and Food Runner at Eskimo Joe's, Stan Clark Companies
- Office Assistant at Office of Arts, Culture, and Entertainment, Oklahoma State University
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - University Studies and minor in American Sign Language
Organizing tutor session schedules Evaluating students' skill level Providing multiple explanations of grammar concepts
- Russian Language Tutor at Portland State University
- Russian Club President at Portland State University
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Russian Language - Certificate of Advanced Fluency