Run, maintain, and manage the Houston office's library resources across three floors, including, organizing legal collections, cataloging and labeling all library publications, and updating all library publications (including Pocket parts, loose leafs, etc.)
• Advise and support the Houston offices' 86 attorneys and their legal assistants, including, answering any and all questions related to library services and resources; conducting research by using online and print resources to locate cases, statutes, regulations, and legal forms; and communicating with attorney's to notify them of free legal research sources and opportunities
• Determine what publications will be needed in the current and proximate calendar years and process all acquisitions, cancellations, and serial controls related thereto; and determine what updates and periodicals need to be circulated within each practice group
• Develop, organize, and conduct library orientations for new hires and arrange additional training by vendors (for example Lexis and Westlaw)
• Coordinate inter-library loans with other Baker Hostetler offices' libraries, as well as intra-library loans with other law offices, laws schools, etc.
• Coordinate, organize, and manage attorneys' personal use desk/office reference books
• Develop, manage, and organize annual budget, as well as review and process all library related invoices
• Effectively monitor, maintain and develop library collection
• Provide guidance and training on library resources to staff
• Establish and implement library procedures and policies
- Law Librarian at Baker Hostetler LLP
20 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Library Science - Library Science
• Maintain physical appearance of the law library
• Assist paralegal Students
• Reshelve unused books
• Update pocket parts
• Assist paralegal Students with legal research
• Tutor paralegal students
- Law librarian at El Centro College
- Paralegal Intern at Hicks Law Group, PLLC
- Paralegal Intern at Law Offices of Kevin S. Wiley Jr.
at this Job
- Associate - Paralegal Studies
- - Marketing and Fine Art
Provide legal research and reference services using print and online resources for attorneys, paralegals and staff in areas of law, business, health, medicine, litigation, environmental, insurance, tax, intellectual property, employment, corporate and government at the state and federal levels. Assist in all aspects of pre-trial preparation and trial work: draft pleadings, collect and organize discovery materials. Prepare written memorandum. Research relevant issues using WESTLAW, LEXIS and SUMMATION. Review and monitor library billing including monthly vendor statements and invoices, electronic services usage reports, librarian research time, inter-library loan requests, and special book and periodical document requests. Prepare the annual library budget. Control all library expenditures within the constraints of the library budget. Proficient in EXCEL SPREADSHEETS and MICROSOFT WORD. Maintain library records, including database of holdings and routing lists. Responsible for removing superseded materials, ordering missing updates, filing updates, re-shelving books, and retrieving missing materials. Assess legal materials and information resources for the library. Create and implement orientation programs, training sessions, and continuing education opportunities for attorneys and paralegals. Keep informed of current developments in the law library field through attendance at educational conferences, seminars and workshops. Meet with vendors regarding library services and resources, contract negotiations, renewals, training, problems and support.
- Law Librarian and Paralegal at Wolff Samson
20 years at this Job
- Certificate - Medical Insurance Billing Specialist
- Certificate - Paralegal
- Bachelor of Arts - Social Work
• Assist detainees in legal research and preparation of cases in the law library
• Assist in preparation of legal documents, briefs, motions, petitions and writs
• Answer procedural questions regarding local an federal laws and Appellate Procedure
• Liaison for interoffice staff
• Investigate special matters including detainee grievances while helping come to a resolution in a timely fashion.
• Prepares reports, summaries, or replies to inquires, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources.
• Applies comprehensive knowledge of word processing and other pc software applications
- Law librarian at Cook County Sheriffs
- Administrative Assistant at Cook County Sheriffs
10 years, 5 months at this Job
- M.S. - Criminal Justice
- B.S. - Criminal Justice
• Perform professional library duties, including: legal reference and research guidance; instruction in database searching; and catalog and collection acquisition and maintenance.
• Provide support to colleagues and patrons with research and document delivery services.
• Coordinate prison inmate reference request program.
• Member, staff education and cataloging committees.
- Law Librarian at State of Connecticut, Judicial Branch, Law Library Services
- Attorney at Michele P. Penn, Attorney at Law
- Contract Compliance Administrator at Towers Watson
- Contract Manager at IKEA USA
5 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Library and Information Science - information technology
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts - Literature and Creative Writing
- - Biddle Law Library
- - Research
Heading the acquisition and implementation of various software products, public patron computer maintenance, library material collection development and maintenance, answering reference questions for the public and many attorneys, balancing and reporting on the cash drawer, tracking invoices and shipments.
- ASSISTANT LAW LIBRARIAN at DENTON COUNTY LAW LIBRARY
- ASSISTANT DIRECTOR at LAKE DALLAS PUBLIC LIBRARY
7 years, 7 months at this Job
- MASTER OF LIBRARY SCIENCE - LIBRARY SCIENCE
- BACHELOR OF ARTS
Direct all functions of the Montgomery County Law Library, including budgeting and fiscal management, reference, cataloging, circulation, and personnel management. Oversee the legal collection, print and electronic, for use by the public, by judges of the county courts, by attorneys, and by county departments and officials, and to provide law library services to these patrons. Analyze reference and research questions and direct patrons to the most efficient research method. Demonstrating knowledge of print and online legal research resources. Communicate with other county departments to operate the law library and to comply with county procedures. Prepare the agenda, financial reports and other information for each meeting of the Montgomery County Law Library Board and take minutes of the meetings.
- Director/Law Librarian at Montgomery County Law Library
- L.P.A., Paralegal/Legal Secretary at Coolidge Wall Co
- Friends of the Library Volunteer at Montgomery County Public Library
- L.P.A., Paralegal at Coolidge Wall Co
7 months at this Job
- Master's - Library and Information Science
- Bachelor of Science - Paralegal
- Associate of Applied Science - Paralegal
Manage firm library collection development, in-depth legal research, invoices, reference requests, writing presentations, answering telephones, creating marketing lists, coordinating legal database training, coordinating legal alerts, utilizing library resources, coordinating training session for the Firm's online research services, setup and maintain passwords, work with library partner to provide the best resources in print/online, monitoring the library collection and cancel/subscribe to subscriptions/materials as needed, review online databases and make recommendations. Representative duties include:
● Work on billable research projects with Partners.
● Presented MCLE accredited library database training for all attorneys.
● Received LexisNexis Paralegal Student Certificate of Mastery, July 2017.
- Law Librarian at Meadows Collier
- Paralegal at R. Shawn McBride Law Firm, PLLC
- Mortgage Analyst - Contractor at JPMorgan Chase
- Electronic Services Librarian at Thompson & Knight
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Masters of Library and Information Science - Library and Information Science
- Bachelors of History - History
• Process and review legal paperwork.
• Supervise approximately five to twelve inmates at a time
• Maintain the daily operational needs of the Law Library
• Answer Inmate communication forms
• Prepare responses to inmate grievances.
- Legal Law Librarian at Department of Corrections
- HR Operations Support Specialist at ConAgra Foods
- Operations Shift Clerk at URS
- Administrative Assistant at Marlette Homes
4 years at this Job
Managed the law library and provided administrative support to Cook County detainees.
• Successfully coordinated 3+ law library sessions with 15+ detainees; conducted extensive legal research via LexisNexis and LexisAdvance on criminal statutory law, case law, federal and state court rules, law reviews, and jurisprudences.
• Generated legal document forms for detainees including motions, short-term guardianship forms, and power of attorney.
• Translated legal information from Spanish to English for Spanish-speaking detainees; explained basic legal information to the detainees and served as a liaison between detainees and social workers.
• Compiled weekly reports and facilitated employee communications via training/professional development; consistently adapted to new policies and procedures and maintained utmost professionalism throughout the workplace.
- Law Librarian and Legal Administrative Assistant II at COOK COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
- Legal Administrative Assistant at short-term guardianship forms, and power of attorney
- Litigation Paralegal at ARNOLD SCOTT HARRIS, P.C
- Third-Party Liability Representative at HARRIS & HARRIS, LTD
1 year at this Job
- M.S. - Political Science