Upon joining Crown Technical systems I effectively served as both the Mechanical engineer and Project manager in Switchgear projects. Lead Mechanical Engineer
Crown Technical System 2014-Present
• Served as a subject matter expert in the design of 5 kV-38 kV Metal clad/Metal enclosed arc resistant switchgear with the use of AutoCAD & SolidWorks
• Generating Bill of Materials & Proposals from customer specifications, single line diagrams
• Implemented a new design standard and part numbering system used for the product line. The standardization effort reduced fabrication time by 40% while improving assembly times by 30%. It effectively improved product quality and customer satisfaction. As a result of the improvements the company was able to secure a 10-year contract with a major client
• Proficient in using engineering skills to work with and adhere to applicable electrical codes standards such as UL/CSA, ANSI, NEMA & IEEE to design and manufacture Arc-Resistant Switchgear.
• Lead Design Engineer for designing various specialized systems such as interlock mechanisms, NEMA enclosures, and various other safety systems to meet OSHA and all other safety requirements.
• Specialize in concept to completion design. I work with customers in the specification phase, create designs and engineering drawings based on customer feedback and recommendations, problem solve and train fabrication on trouble shooting techniques and applicable standards, problem solve and train production assembly on trouble shooting techniques and applicable standards, oversee final inspection, and travel to final job sites to oversee crews dealing with any issues or last minute changes the customer may have ensuring the customer's satisfaction through every phase.
• Used Lean Principle to reduce rework and assembly time
• Conducted load calculations and designed systems accordingly
• Partaking in value engineering process and offering cost effective alternatives to clients
- Lead Mechanical Engineer at Crown technical systems
- Project Manager at Crown Technical Systems
- Mechanical Designer/Project Coordinator at General Switchgear & Controls
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Mechanical engineering
Lead Mechanical Engineer and Purchasing Manager April 2018 - Present
• Oversee all purchasing functions (locate manufacturers, produce purchase orders, negotiate pricing)
• Design and fabricate modified bird wings for small drones
• Present data and findings on mechanism design weekly
• Work with different type of machinery and 3D design printing and modeling
• Create and test prototypes for project
- Lead Mechanical Engineer and Purchasing Manager at FLAPPING WING MICRO AIR VEHICLE
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering
Leading the mechanical design of hydrogen fuel-cell engines ranging from 5kW to 100kW. Developing and managing processes for mechanical design, drafting, and configuration management. Managing on-site/off-site contract engineers and a direct junior mechanical engineer.
- Lead Mechanical Engineer at US Hybrid Corporation
- Mechanical Engineering Supervisor, Drafting Supervisor at EATON, AIRPORT LIGHTING PRODUCTS
- Lead Mechanical Engineer at EATON, AIRPORT LIGHTING PRODUCTS
- Sales Engineer and Project Manager at AMERICAN SEAL & ENGINEERING COMPANY
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Mechanical Engineering
Working on developing workflow, and initial design rules for Supercritical CFB Boiler to generate Pressure Part BOM using IMPALA (in-house tool). Working on Generation 3 (Piping & Supports Harmonization Tool) to produce Bill of Quantities for supplies in logical way to cut modeling hours in half. Involved in providing direction, review of engineering function, reconciling comments, and exceptions proposed in tender with as sold contract. Oversee and control engineering hours, project performance, early identification of issues, and establishment of corrective actions design. Involved in design, analyze, and evaluate complex Balance of Plant (BOP) systems, equipment and associated components utilizing advanced engineering techniques and software such as COMOS, Aveva, PDMS, & Navisworks Interfacing with other technical and functional disciplines, to ensure effective integration with overall plant design and project requirements. Worked on following projects: (1) Execution of Yanbu Phase 3 Power Plant 5 x 660MW in Saudi Arabia Performed on-site walkthrough of all 5 Units, resolved problems with materials, engineering, and safety (access platform, head room, etc.) Analyzed quickly, accurately, & effectively to resolve Sepco III (customer) issues to mitigate resulting escalations. Signed off to technical queries written by erection contractor on design and material issues. Documented lesson learned solutions for future projects (2) Hassyan Power Plant 4 x 600MW, Dubai Provided solutions and lead engineering team in different phases of project. Ensured BOP engineering scope defined well with accountability for identifying and reconciling differences. Primary technical interface to partners, suppliers, and customers. Managed on-time delivery to customer request/promise dates. Implements lesson learned from past projects to future projects by mentoring engineering team. Expedite material through sourcing to meet customer needs and business goals. (3) Yanbu Phase 3 Power Plant 5 x 660MW, Saudi Arabia Performed detail engineering of BOP systems and components sizing such as pump, tanks, fans, control valves, instrumentation's, etc. Ensured design compliance with product specifications and standards requirements. Completed project mechanical design while providing technical solutions feedback to client and design teams. Participate in client meeting, conference call with suppliers, and visited outsourcing partner in Taiwan. Proactively partner with other engineering department on early identification and resolution of undefined scopes. Familiar with ASME B31.1, NFPA, ASHRAE, and ASTM Codes. (4) Gadarwara Super Thermal Power Project 2x 800 MW, India Technical Lead on project, estimated man-hours, reviewed and approved work submitted by Noida office, provided feedback to improve product delivering. Demonstrated technical strength in training engineers in Alstom India office. (5) Tanjung Bin 1 x 1000 MW Coal - Fired Power Plant, Malaysia Performed detail engineering of BOP systems and components Reviewed drawings and coordinated with supplier on ash handling system, evaluated technical quotation and wrote specifications
- Lead Mechanical Engineer at Alstom/GE Power Inc
- Mechanical Engineer at Burns & Roe Enterprise Inn
- Engineer & CNC Programmer at Scientific Machine
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- MS - Engineering Management
- BS - Mechanical Engineering Technology
Lead Engineer consultant that has designed for clients such as Pratt and Whitney and Lockheed Martin. Lead design for test rigs, instrumentation, engine externals and tooling hardware. Prepare and review 3D models and drawings as part of a design team for clients. Select and review raw materials and components as well as develop and identify specifications for products. Use hand calculations to determine design conforms for proper thermal growth, stresses, and tolerances. Post-processes and reviews finite element model results and performs iterative design changes. Organizes and leads meetings to determine client and team objectives. Review reports and results through written and verbal communication with clients. Communicates and implement quality inspection requirements on components. Leads co-workers to teach, motivate, and oversee less experienced engineers. Increase efficiency and reduce waste as Pratt and Whitney’s ACE member (Six Sigma) Perform internal audits verifying company’s competency, training and documentation of records to ISO 9001 and AS 9100 Rev. D Complete reports on the risks and conformities identified for various location during internal audits.
- Lead Mechanical Engineer at Parametric Solutions Inc
- Mechanical Design Engineer/Project Engineer at Turbine Controls, Inc
- Mechanical Engineer (Research and Development Contractor) at High Standard Aviation - Ametek
- Mechanical Engineer at C&R Metals Inc
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.S. - Mechanical Engineering
• Concept and requirements development, mechanical design, manufacturing support, integration, test, verification and prototype testing for the US Army's newest tactical missile systems, the Precision Strike Missile (PrSM), and the Extended Range Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System (ER-GMLRS). Work involves management of ICDs, SCDs and vendor/manufacturer support. Working with tightly tolerance machined parts, castings, forgings, sheet metal, composite structures, hardware, sealing compounds, coatings and finishes.
• Mechanical IPT Lead - subsystem design; utilizing PTC/Windchill and Agile PDM/PLM, Teamcenter for the design process. Focus is on design for manufacturability and sustainability (DFM & DFS) while providing cost and weight savings. Work also includes design trades, hardware supplier and materials selection, equipment packaging, tolerance analyses, procurement and final integration. Work Examples
- Sr. Lead Mechanical Engineer at Lockheed Missiles & Fire Control (LMFC)
- Engineering Manager at Additech, Inc
- Senior Lead Project Manager - Facility Development & Operations at GHG Corporation
- Senior Lead Project Engineer - Cargo Mission Contract at United Space Alliance
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- BS - Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
Supervise the Mechanical Design and Development of new Optical Sorting Equipment including:
• Structural Design
• Electro-mechanical feeder system
• Electro-mechanical actuator systems
• Integration of high resolution Optics systems
• Integration of Electrical components
• Pneumatic ejection and cleaning system layout
• Thermal management
• Design to Food Safety Standards.
• Component and System testing.
• Design Review/Presentation
• Report to VP of Engineering and Project Manager on project status.
• Work with Optics and Electrical Leads to meet project design specifications.
• Travel to customer facilities to inspect installation sites and learn current needs.
• Completed Multiple Versions of Sorting equipment for specific markets resulting in increased profits.
• Perform sustaining engineering upgrades and modifications to existing machines to enhance performance and manufacturability resulting in increased profits.
• Utilize INFOR PLM document management software.
• Final Check of all mechanical drawings.
• Work with Purchasing Department to:
• Obtain quotes and ensure component quality.
• Train new and experienced users of Solidworks software.
• Mentor and teach junior engineers and drafters design and documentation methods.
- Lead Mechanical Engineer at Satake
- Senior Mechanical Engineer at Satake
- Senior Mechanical Engineer/Designer/Project Manager/Network Administrator at Spectrum Design LLC
- Manager of Engineering Services/Produce Sales and Operations at
6 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
● Lead manufacturing equipment reliability and problem solving program.
● Capital Project Management – Lead all portions of capital improvements and automatic roll handing projects from equipment design, system design, project schedule, supplier interface, construction coordination, operation training, project course, Integration to existing production lines, start up and testing.
● Hands-On Engineering, and technology expert for new equipment, Vison Systems, conveying systems, roll handling robots.
- Lead Mechanical Engineer at Kimberly Clark Corp
- Applications Engineer/Owner at Go Prepared Motorsports
- Senior Manufacturing Project Engineer at Jacob Holm Industries
- Senior Project Engineer at Continental Automotive
6 months at this Job
- - Leadership
- B.S. - Mechanical Engineering / Physics
• Oversee the design, analysis, and testing for the MOCI cube satellite mission
• Responsible for hiring SSRL mechanical team members
• Lead a team of mechanical engineering team members
• Prepared and presented cube satellite designs and analyses to an Air Force Research Lab review panel for MOCIC CDR the 2018 NASA Laboratory Astrophysics Workshop, and UNP-9 flight selection review
- Lead Mechanical Engineer at UGA Small Satellite Research Lab
- Testing Engineer at UGA Small Satellite Research Lab
- Mechanical Engineering Intern at Novelis
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering
Principle designer for the Xcelion 6T® Lithium-Ion battery (MIL-PRF-32565) providing electro-mechanical packaging and production tooling design, as well as procurement and production support.
- Lead Mechanical Engineer at SAFT SDD
- Principle Engineer at NORTHROP GRUMMAN Mission Systems
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer at Saft SDD
- Mechanical Engineering Manager / Quality Assurance Engineer / Design Engineer at RCT SYSTEMS INC
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- B.S. degree - Engineering