I manage projects for the Valley Imaging service line and Valley Quality teams and coach executives and their teams with a Toyota Production System (TPS)-based process improvement methodology across Sutter Health. My focus is with healthcare senior executives, managers and front-line staff on the application of Lean as a business strategy to improve performance and engage all employees in lean thinking. I have trained multiple teams and classes in lean tools and deployment. In my current role, I work with service line executives, providing strategic planning on integration, growth and operations development and deployment across 4 service lines. My coaching includes strategy deployment, value stream management and daily engagement in both acute and ambulatory settings. In addition, I have coached clinical teams through multiple strategy deployment A3s to improve affordability, transform primary care, standardize and increase dissemination across Sutter, and increase innovative solutions to provide better care for our patients across Sutter's Northern California footprint.
➢ Reducing turnaround times from positive diagnostic mammograms to biopsies at Sutter Imaging Sites
➢ Exceeding integration and growth goals in new service lines
➢ Increased physician and staff engagement → events participation and daily management work
➢ Increased patient satisfaction→ average of 2 mean score points
➢ 24% reduction in ICU average length of stay
➢ 103% increase in ICU admissions
➢ 45% decrease in days to complete Reise applications at the Sutter Center for Psychiatry
➢ 75% increase in diabetic patients prepared the time of their visit
➢ 83% improvement in perception of time spent on Epic in basket for clinicians and staff
➢ +50% increase in capturing of quality metrics I mentor lean coaches in their development and work with a small team to educate leaders, physicians and staff on lean efforts as well as lean management system concepts.
- Senior Lean Consultant / Lean Consultant at Sutter Health
- at Sutter Health
- Service Excellence Manager at Sutter Health
- Business Manager at General Physics Corporation
6 years, 5 months at this Job
- MBA - Healthcare Administration
- BA - Psychology
- Certification - SME/AME/ASQ
Skillfully leveraged an extensive background with formal Kaizen training to support various organizations throughout the US & Europe.
● Dispensed hands-on business leadership to organizations that desired to incorporate lean methodologies into their business.
● Inspired remarkable Kaizen (Continuous Improvements) events through cultural shifts from traditional systems to the Lean culture.
● Identified and addressed potential conflicts to the newly installed processes quickly.
● Empowered personnel to learn, understand and implement 5S, process mapping, VSM (Value Stream Mapping).
- LEAN CONSULTANT at Self Employed
- PRPGRAM & PROJECT MANAGER / LEAN CONSULTANT at METTLER TOLEDO
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- - MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
• Led business and system assessments using Lean Six Sigma methodologies and tools such as Kaizen (VSM) events, and DMAIC to identify industry best practices and improve efficiencies to reduce costs resulting in annual savings of over $5 million dollars annually.
• Developed and implemented training for process improvements, process documentation and management, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) system deployment, and software system training and management.
• Facilitated client leadership update meetings, public updates, and provide support as a liaison between leadership and legal counsel.
• Spearheaded the development of BLOOM, a custom software solution for schools, from concept, design, training development, implementation, and continued IT customer support.
• Managed the audit/review, creation, and updating of system processes and documentation to ensure compliance with federal and state requirements.
• Developed and implemented tools to improve transparency of project planning, scheduling, cost tracking, and project close out for all consultants and company leadership.
- LEAD LEAN CONSULTANT-LSSBB/PMP at Lean Frog Business Solutions
- SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER at Willo Products
- RESIDENT CONSTRUCTION MANAGER at United Research Services
- PROJECT MANAGER at Enfinger Steel Development
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- BS - Business Administration
Responsibilities include Agile and Lean consulting, coaching, training and practice development. Successful engagements include:
● Finance (Privately held US Investments, Northeast) - leading Agile strategy and tactics for new Digital Factory focused on improving BPM and Workflows for back office operations in roles of Scrum Master, Agile Coach, and Consultant. Collaborating with hybrid team of client and Deloitte members to provide foundation of culture and technology changes to build new series of internal products.
● Finance (International UK Bank, New York area) - co-led consulting, training and coaching on Agile concepts and Scrum methods for a large team focused on Internal Audit (non-technology). Working with Executive leadership on maturity criteria, roadmap for Agile journey, and standards as reference for coaching and education to team members, Scrum Masters and Audit Owners.
● Financial Media (Privately held, New York area) - led training and coaching on Agile concepts and Scrum methods for a Deloitte Advisory team focused on preparation of an Internal Audit (non-technology).
● Finance (International Swiss Bank, New York area) - provided new Digital Factory with training and coaching on Agile concepts and Scrum methods for new initiative, including executives, management, stakeholders, and team members.
● Computer Technology (Fortune 500, Large international computer services) - provided product development and SDLC oversight within a PMO with a focus on the product environment management process for more than 400 enterprise applications. In addition:
● Taught standard and customized Agile classes at Deloitte University and several client sites
- Agile-Lean Consultant Manager / Specialist at Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Agile Transformation Consultant at IBM
- Chief Consultant, Managing Director at Clarum Transformations
- Principal Consultant at Emergn Corporation
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- BS in Computer Engineering - Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
- Executive MBA - General Management
at Genentech South San Francisco
• Daily engagement system implemented and Visual Management boards: successfully improving communication, safety and efficiency
• Multiple value stream mapping of problematic processes
• Instructed key foundational class such as Lean Six Sigma Foundations, A3 Thinking
• Led root cause analysis to review problematic machinery and processes
• Managed 1.5 million feet of facility space with 12 Stationary Engineers.
- Facilities Manager/Lean Consultant at Cushman and Wakefield
- Lean Consultant at ARAMARK
- EVS Lead Manager at ARAMARK
- Environmental Services Senior Manager at ARAMARK
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- - Pharmaceutical Studies
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
-Interning through the University at a start up company, New Brick -Apply lean methodology to improve their current processes -Recording and analyzing process maps and data
- Lean Consultant Intern at New Brick
- Procurement Analyst Intern at Eversource Energy
- Sales Consultant Intern at PMF Capital
- Warehouse Associate at Budget Dry Waterproofing
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Supply Chain Management
• Responsible for the organizational transformation of the OhioHealth to a lean management system through the independent facilitation of Value Stream Mapping, the 5S methodology, and Kaizen workshops o Approximately 29,000 associates, physicians, and executive stakeholders
• Relied upon for providing systemic and comprehensive consulting services for the deployment of wide global initiatives across OhioHealth system, from executive level down to frontline staff
• Effectively implemented strategies to identify areas of improvement and drive operational change, partnering with leadership and staff to reduce variation and waste by applying lean concepts
• Guided management and personnel, serving as improvement coach through frontline A3 problem solving, while leading OhioHealth projects Key Achievements
• Resourcefully served as facilitator and point of contact for lean management system Kaizens for a health care system with over 7,000 employees and annual revenue of $450MM
• Transcendent leader, planning and completing between 72 to 110 Kaizen events per year with positive outcomes, ensuring a significant culture shift driving improvements for OhioHealth
• Designed a training deck for displaced administrative assistants from OhioHealth Organization; now presented through office learning hours for all learning labs Supply Chain Partner Key Accountabilities
• Responsible for a multi-site annual supply expense budget across of $3.3MM, managing spending and growth
• Relied upon for integrating lean principles, practices, and tools to improve operational efficiencies; reducing product costs and increasing customer/patient satisfaction 614.558.2380 [email protected]
• Effectively trained and engaged with 50 employees at care sites on supply chain processes for ordering supplies, stocking supplies at home sites, and maintenance to increase efficiencies and reduce product waste Key Achievements
• Catalyst to an improved supply chain performance, conceptualizing and deploying a new ordering system to save costs on delivery, delivering new training decks at care sites, and implementing metrics for tracking and monitoring
• Led cross-functional process improvement, interfacing with physicians and clinical staff on supply chain orders for five FSED sites using the 5S methodology, successfully reducing waste and sustaining standard work
• Developed supply chain recommendations that capitalize on client opportunities by improving workflows that eliminate operational and process challenges while providing maximum economic benefit
- Senior Lean Consultant at
- Supply Chain Coordinator at Worthington Industries
- Export Logistics Specialist at Ashland Inc
2 years at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Social Work - Social Work
Facilitate the transfer of institutional knowledge for collaborative workspace shared among over 100 students
• Initiate workflow improvements, standard operating procedure implementation, and 5S method adaptation
- Lead 6S/Lean Consultant at Northwestern Formula Racing SAE
- at Aerodynamics Sub-team, Northwestern Formula Racing SAE
- Facilities Director/Assistant House Manager at Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity
- Summer Intern at Aerodynamics Sub-team, Northwestern Formula Racing SAE
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering
Design and facilitate multi-site, multi-region lean, quality improvement, professional development networks that provide ongoing virtual and in-person training and coaching to Quality Departments and support C-Suite leadership and managers orchestrating major changes in their healthcare organizations.
• Architect of statewide, multi-site Montana Rural Healthcare Performance Improvement Network - MBQIP 2 Outcomes (M2O) Program provides a framework for Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) to transition from MBQIP reporting to making measurable improvements on targeted measures to improve patient safety and care.
• Developed comprehensive portfolio of project management, data analysis and lean tools (including value stream mapping and A3 problem solving), educational support, and leadership coaching to facilitate rapid-cycle QI projects.
• Spearheaded the Care Transition Rapid Cycle Improvement Project spanning 10 CAH sites, substantially improving HCAHPS Care Transitions by 14% and Medication Information by 18%.
• Driving force behind the Revenue Cycle Management Rapid Cycle Improvement Project for an 11 CAH cohort that slashed annual claim denials by 5100 to deliver cost savings of over $1.1M annually.
• Co-designed and launched an advanced online asynchronous lean instructor education/certification program and directed the training and certification of instructors nationally.
- Business & Lean Consultant at ABUNDANT SOLUTIONS, LLC
- Director of Lean & Community Coordination at MINERAL REGIONAL HEALTH CENTER
- Project Coordinator at VALLEY ELECTRICAL CONTRACTING, INC
- Market Project Manager at MISSOULA FARMER'S MARKET
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- JURIS DOCTOR - Law
- BS - INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING
- Industrial Engineer/Lean Consultant at Various/contract
- Manager and Lean Sensei, Cascade Engineering at CES
- Senior Front Line Leader at
- Production Supervisor at Grand Rapids Foam Technologies
1 year at this Job
- B.A. - Behavioral Science
- A.A. - Liberal Studies