• Working on continuous improvement by implementing 5S in packaging line to create efficient workflow.
• Support lean manufacturing tools implementation (VPS board - Volvo Production System) which focuses on safety, quality, delivery, cost, environment, and people.
• Conduct routine VPS audits and create reports of results of processes.
• Support Problem Solving Methodology through 5Why's, 5W2H, 7Quality tools, Ishikawa and PDCA. PROJECTS: Developed skill matrix and process confirmation chart for employees in packaging line Sep 2018 o Developed skill matrix for clear understanding, development, deployment and tracking of people and their skills. o Understand each process used in pack line to provide Standard Operating Procedures for process. o Provide training to team leads on SOPs so as to ensure quality and safety at work place. Implemented First in First Out in sortation area at inbound to improve stock rotation Oct 2018 o Implemented yellow label marking with numbers on floor for unloading emballages. o Implemented cone system to make it easier for industrial workers to understand priority of each emballage. Reduction in number of wrong parts picked by industrial workers Oct 2018 o Analyzed the root cause of problem by implementing tools like fish bone diagram and brainstorming. o Recommended marking all labels with arrows for clearer indication of pick location, coach all workers to verify part number mentioned on pick ticket. o Updated standard operating procedure.
- Intern: Lean Manufacturing Engineer at Volvo Group
- Office Assistant at Texas A&M University
- Jr. Engineer / Trainee at Zile Systems
3 months at this Job
- Master's - Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering - Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
• Test incoming material for injection molding process ability. Tests include tension-impact testing, flexural modulus testing, melt flow analysis, density testing, ash testing, moisture analysis, and Izod impact testing.
• Manage the testing lab. Ensure equipment certifications/calibrations are up to date and testing methods meet ISO/ASTM standards.
• Lead the Quality Department and instill quality standards throughout plant personnel (production, processing, engineering, management, etc.).
• Oversee scrap/rejects and take necessary precautions required to limit any amount of scrap/rejects.
• Work with the Product Development Department to eliminate any potential quality/manufacturing defects.
• Manage projects in regards to creating an efficient, Six Sigma compliant, manufacturing environment.
• Manage "Kaizen" efforts and other continuous improvement strategies.
- Quality/Lean Manufacturing Engineer at Barrette Outdoor Living
- Lean Manufacturing/Quality Intern at Barrette Outdoor Living
1 year at this Job
- B.S. - Mechanical Engineering
• Implemented material handling and product flow activities of new programs by analyzing its feasibility through DPAR, PPAP reviews.
• Analyzed operations, tooling and cost estimating factors using Kaizen technique for Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP).
• Provided data driven decision support via MRP to achieve process, material, tooling and cost feasibility for prototype parts.
• Applied strategic business models, TQM and data analytics to acquire new business and to meet company's objectives.
• Created process control documents (PCD) for components to address quality issues and comply with customer's requirement.
• Created Work Instructions and control plans for metal fabricating operations using Lean and reduced the setup time by 15%.
• Participated engineering team to perform repeatability and reproducibility(R&R) studies and on machines for maximum output.
• Implemented Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA), FMEA, 5-why techniques to address quality issues for defective parts.
• Implemented SPC techniques to improve the process performance (Pp, Ppk) and process capability (Cp, Cpk) index of the facility.
• Planned and formulated layouts using AutoCAD, Six Sigma technique and increased the efficiency of product flow to 90%.
• Performed time and motion study on the existing processes and increased the productivity of the shop floor using 5S.
• Planned and developed process for light/heavy fabricating machines using MS project and maintained it using 4M quality matrix.
- Lean manufacturing engineer at Sakthi Automotive Group, USA
- Quality Engineer at
- Manufacturing Engineer at Suman Enginnering Pvt. Ltd
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Industrial Engineering - Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
Responsibilities - Lead Production Transformation Process (PTP) events on individual manufacturing lines to improve EQDC metrics. - Assemble and train core team members on Production Excellence tools and principles for utilization in PTP events. - Analyze manufacturing lines to identify process gaps and inefficiencies, while also leveraging knowledge of core team members and front-line operators to brainstorm solutions to eliminate waste. - Simulate and implement strategic actions to improve Safety, Productivity, Yield, and Quality. - Develop and install Standard Work, Standard Layout, and Standard WIP on manufacturing lines. Accomplishments Utilized lean methodologies to improve Productivity by 20% and reduce Scrap by 25% on two manufacturing lines. Skills Used Project Management, Lean Methodologies, Production Excellence, Time Study and Work Analysis, Waste Analysis, Line Balancing, Value Stream Mapping, Root Cause Problem Solving, Leadership, Communication, Critical Thinking
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer at Abbott Laboratories
- ABS / Manufacturing Engineer at Acuity Brands Lighting
- Associate Industrial Engineer at Westridge Laboratories, Inc.
- Industrial Engineering Intern at I/O Data Centers
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's of Science in Engineering - Industrial Engineering
Developed and implemented continuous improvement for multiple programs and production areas to improve performance, safety, quality and cost. And also, executed and effectively led cross-functional kaizen events by teaching and then utilizing lean and Triumph production system concepts.
• Implemented lean 5S and 8 Wastes.
• Standard work and floor layout.
• Facilitated kaizen workshop and lean 5S training.
• Statistical process control.
• Managed lean 5S, freedom eLog software and OEE in the entire industry.
• Improved material and part handling.
• Lead different continuous improvement projects.
• Prepared safety, lean 5S, 8 wastes of lean posters.
• Improved the defect rate, rework job and work speed by solved the measurement variances in part fabrication.
• Performed different kaizen projects and workshops.
• Reviewed and updated the process flow sheet and Value Stream Mapping (VSM).
• Designed and built different tools and parts racks.
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer at Triumph Aerostructures
- Reliability Engineer at Triumph Aerostructures
- Graduate Research Assistant at Tennessee State University
- Automotive Technician at Firestone Complete Auto Care
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Automotive Technology - Automotive Technology
- Associate Degree in Automotive Technology - Automotive Technology
- Diploma in Electrical Technology - Electrical Technology
at this Job
- Associate - Electronics Technology
- Drive on time delivery of hardware by proactively interpreting OEE/FTY data and eliminating process constraints in supply base - Strategically implement cycle-time reduction techniques in order to save on supplier hardware cost - Prioritize cost estimation efforts of international team for Sourcing Org
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer at GE Aviation
- Manufacturing Engineer at GE Aviation
- Quality Engineer Intern at GE Aviation Deutschland GmbH
- Fleet Manager Co-op at GE Aviation
9 months at this Job
- BS - Aerospace Engineering
• Implementing lean manufacturing concepts and organization to the company
• Organized and dedicated individual with the ability to incorporate resourceful and effective tactics to enhance performance for continuous improvement and limit waste
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer at Value Stream Mapping
- Systems Analyst at The Aquifer
- Housekeeper at Hilton Dallas/Rockwall Front
- Design Engineer at
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - mechanical engineering
• Build and Strengthen positive lean culture in the organization.
• Reduced changeover times on rotary thermoforming machine by 45 minutes which increased the machine availability by 60% and total sales to $312,515 USD annually.
• Implemented line balancing and labor utilization changes to current process leading to a reduction in cycle time which increased the sales by $101,500 USD annually
• Increased the warehouse storage capacity by 40% by redesigning the inventory area which helped in space utilization of the warehouse.
• Responsible for debugging and optimizing current OEM process to minimize the cycle time.
• Identified and measured Key Performance Indicators(KPI) to evaluate process effectiveness and efficiency.
• Led kaizen events to improve material handling, receiving, engineering, & quality processes
• Conducted time studies by breaking job elements to document existing state. Engaging in
• Improved manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work-flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
• Developed and documented standard operating procedures (SOPs) for equipment processes
• Implemented lean principles like 5s, Total Preventative Maintenance and reduced downtimes on the machine
• Perform LPA for 5S systems and managed scores and actions
• Established continuous improvement plans where efficiency, quality, safety, or service can be improved
• Developed Heat Maps from demand analysis reports to identify more used and less used locations.
• Support and implemented workplace safety requirement
- LEAN Manufacturing Engineer at Lipper Component, IN
- Surface Feasibility Engineer- Product Development at MI, USA on site Ford Motor Company
- Quality Engineer at Euroflex India Pvt Ltd
10 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Industrial Engineering - Industrial Engineering
- Bachelors of Engineering in Automobile Engineering - Automobile Engineering
■ Participated in APQP process and new program launche activities. ■ Organized cell layouts and process flow diagrams utilizing lean manufacturing methods. ■ Managed multiple work cells focusing on lean manufacturing to make improvements in areas of 5S, safety, efficiency, quality and overall throughput, delivering high-end automotive customer satisfaction. ■ Led procurement management for new assembly equipment; responsible for preliminary design & concept budgeting, commissioning & monitoring of construction, final equipment validation and staff training. ■ Reduced in process defect in high volume and high mixed process lines by 60% through route cause analysis and quick countermeasures. ■ Extensive experience producing engineering models and drawing with 3D CAD. ■ Key member in the design and implementation of an escalation process that actively solved daily customer, machine issues and implemented permenant corrective actions
- Manufacturing Engineer at WABCO
- Manufacturing Engineer at Husqvarna Outdoor Products
- Manufacturing Process Engineer at Brycor Management Group
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer at Clopay Building Products
3 years at this Job
- MBA - Organizational Leadership
- B.S - Electronic Engineering Technology