At BP, I worked daily to enhance the competence of each individual in order to develop and sustain a confident
and qualified work force that is incident, injury free and contributes to BP's overall financial success. As a member of the People Operations team, I worked as a Learning and Development Specialist managing training
requirements for up to 1,500 employees across Lower 48. In addition to the Learning and Development
Specialist role, I was also responsible for ensuring our new hires had everything needed prior to day 1. Learning and Development Specialist
Ensure all BP Employees have the correct training identified, assigned and available for completion per
individual job role as per our Training Planning Assignment Process.
• Virtual Training Assistant Administrator
• Create new employee profiles, manage SAP discrepancies with HR
• Manage Course Catalog
• Manage organization structure
• Manager training requirements
• Document all training
• Ensure Regulatory/BP Required training is assigned per Training Process
• Manage impacts of Re-orgs, Transfers, Promotions, New Hires & Other Job Role Changes - assess and update training requirements accordingly
• Maintain Guidance Document (clearly defines requirement details and appropriate history)
• Training requirement management
• Work with SME's to add/remove/identify changes
• Schedule, Coordinate and Organize Training
• Manage enrollment, Qualified instructor coordination, materials coordination
• Schedule training for the year based on demand planning
• Manage Control of Work registry
• Assign required training, assign competency module, communication to employees
• Assist with Procedure development and training
• Manage the Employee Assessment Competency Program
• Assessment guide material management, Content management with SMEs to ensure appropriate/current
• Employee Development Training
• Reporting - Monthly to Leadership
• Created and designed reports using Tibco Spotfire
• L48 Training Status Reports (Monthly KPI's)
• Competency reporting by Business Unit
• HSSE, Technician Competency Status, Control of Work Registry
• Assessment History, Assessment Gap Status New Hire Onboarding Ensure new employees joining BP-L48 have a seamless experience.
• Key role in developing the new hire onboarding module that is delivered during New Hire Onboarding.
• Requested computer and account set-up prior for new hires - (100 throughout 2018). Worked closely with IT&S to ensure the correct equipment/software is ready prior to hire date.
• Coordinate logistical tools (Computer, Cell Phone, Truck, GPS, PPE)
• Work with Line Manager from time offer is accepted until new hire starts to ensure we have everything they need on Day 1.
• Create New Hire Training profile and communicate to employee and line manager (VTA, ComplianceWire, MEA-DOT)
• Delivered New Hire Onboarding Module (26 throughout 2018)
• Benefits review, Vacation, Code of Conduct Review, Introduction to Payroll, Introduction to VTA and training requirements
• Complete HR Documentation (I-9, W4, Direct Deposit)
• Created one-pager reference documents
• Created Useful Links document reference tool
• Created First Week and First 30 Days Checklists
- LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST at BP
- STAFF ASSISTANT at JEAN SIMPSON PERSONNEL SERVICES
- PROPERTY ASSISTANT at CRESCENT REAL ESTATE
12 years, 11 months at this Job
Accomplished at working in teams or individually with over 10 years of project management and training implementation experience. Adept at handling multiple projects under high-pressure deadlines. Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills. Traveled frequently and worked with local and national staff at various national training conferences simultaneously. Executor of Estate/Care Giver, Jones family farm
• Identified original will, contacted lawyer for reading of same and filed will in probate court.
• Set up Estate bank account; Using estate funds to pay continuing expenses; outstanding debts, taxes, placed death notification in papers as per state law.
• Provided death certificates to: Department of the Navy; Veterans Affairs, Social Security Administration, Medicare, DMV, Investment partners, Insurance companies, etc.
• Handling day-to-day farm details; building and fence maintenance, regular sale and transportation of farm animals, harvesting of crops, paying bills, ordering supplies, property rental, etc.
• Supervising distribution of deceased person's property as per will.
• Provided care for parents and providing ongoing care for parent. PricewaterhouseCoopers, (PwC) Learning and Development Implementation Specialist, National Tax Team, Accounts Payable Clerk - Los Angeles, CA
• Coordinated implementation of training for five offices in the Southern California market, two offices in the Pacific Northwest market and provided back-up for two offices in the Rockies market.
• Traveled 30% of the year to provide support for National internal training conferences from one day to two weeks for 30 to 1,000 attendees.
• Met or exceeded budget expectations; identified and cut vendor expenses at hotels and conference centers.
• Created, maintained, and was point of contact for national office training space reservations database.
• Trained, managed, and coached external contractors and newly hired L&D team members locally and nationally.
• Created and maintained multiple workbooks to schedule mandatory national conference attendance for 3600 Assurance staff in 7 offices.
• Provided support to Human resources when new hires joined PwC; completed I-9 processing and facilitated orientation for up to 200 new hires bi-monthly.
- Learning and Development Specialist at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
10 years, 6 months at this Job
- - Accounting
- - General Education
Wausau, Wisconsin 2011-Current
The leading global retailer of athletically inspired shoes and apparel.
Learning and Development Operations Specailist (2015-Current)
Effectively train/ onboard new hires and existing associates to perform their job functions. Professional communication and problem solving skills are an essential part of training associates to become competent, courteous, and efficient.
• Facilitate classroom and on-the-job training for new and existing associates.
• Represent the company in a positive and professional manner both on and off campus.
• Professionally communicate with the Learning and Development team, Recruiting, CCC associates and other departments via email, instant message, meetings, or one-on-one.
• Attend/lead departmental meetings, one-on-one huddles, and other collaborative meetings.
• Assure training materials are as current and cumulative as possible, while offering innovative suggestions to keep training concurrent with Adult Learning Theory (Andragogy) and engaging.
• Coach new associates and give feedback based on observations in and out of the classroom in order to build world-class customer care specialists.
• Report all notes and feedback, in regards to coaching sessions, to specialist's supervisors to ensure transparent communication.
• Create, maintain, and organize documentation and records for the department and company to ensure cross-site consistency as well as department credibility and stability.
• Discreetly handle confidential associate information, at the highest professional level.
• Consistently met metric standards for the highest level of training facilitation.
- Learning and Development Specialist at FOOTLOCKER.COM/EASTBAY
- Resolution Specialist at FOOTLOCKER.COM/EASTBAY
- Empowered Level 2 Customer Care Specialist at FOOTLOCKER.COM/EASTBAY
- Busser, Sous Chef, Server and Dishwasher at MINO'S CUCINA ITALIANA
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- HS Degree
Developed and implemented the framework for a new Learning and Development Department,
including designing the reporting dashboard and the process flow map for needs assessments, content
development, training delivery, and training material maintenance. Hired a team of Technical Trainers to ensure all new employees received job-specific technology training and coaching.
• Created resource guides for a company-wide system conversion on an accelerated deadline. Facilitated train-the-trainer sessions, tracked training effectiveness, and maintained training material content.
• Designed new training courses and programs in Captivate and Bridge Learning Management System (LMS) and sought out opportunities to further establish the company as a learning organization.
• Conducted the selection of a LMS, which generated 63% reduction of cost, launched a successful conversion from the old LMS, and functioned as the LMS Administrator.
- Learning and Development Specialist at Main Street Renewal
- Training Curriculum Developer at Maximus
- Training and Development Manager at Wincor Nixdorf
- Dispatch Center Manager at Wincor Nixdorf
2 years at this Job
Started at Littleswitzerland as a store Manager, then asked to become the companies Learning and Development coordinator. We have 28 stores, I enjoy developing new Training, coordinate Vendor Training, assist in planning future training. Work with HR to develop new hires. Track completion of all training programs. I love watching people be successful in sales.
- Learning and Development Specialist at Little Switzerland
- Regional Sales Manager at Harry Ritchie's Jewelers
- Community Manager, General property Manager at Holiday retirement
- Retail director at Scrub Island
1 year, 9 months at this Job
• Responsible for all functionality within our LMS such as course creation, publishing, assignments, and troubleshooting.
• Project Manager for Greif's first ever global training roll out which includes content creation, instructor led training sessions, web learning, and global communications.
• Work with external vendors for content creation and course translation in to 19 languages.
• Responsible for implementation and execution of Greif's Internship Program.
• Creation of Program Guides for global initiatives throughout the organization.
• Act as Project Manager and SME on all eLearning and blended learning programs across the organization in areas of IT, Compliance, Customer Service, Finance, and Safety.
• Plan and execute Train the Trainer programs globally.
• Elected as the Development Chair to serve on the board for the Greif Women’s Network.
- Learning and Development Specialist at Greif, Inc
- Corporate Recruiter at
- Recruiting Manager at Tailored Management
- Education Coordinator at OhioHealth
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Communication and Information Studies - Communication and Information Studies
Certified facilitator and primary new-hire trainer (both domestic and international) in various subject matter of corporate flight coordination and logistics:
● New-hire training
● Custom database training
● Recurrent training
● International permit/clearance training
● Mission (Flight) feasibility
● Customer service
● Quality Control Certified Instructional Designer creating learning/training curriculum for a large private aviation organization as well as curating existing curriculum and managing update schedules.
- Learning and Development Specialist at Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc.
- Mission Advisor at Universal Weathe
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Communications
- Associate - Liberal Arts
Orlando, FL Train and cultivate ongoing effort to provide World Class customer service by using our "White Glove" treatment. Heavy engagement with new hire representative to foster company goals. Coaching and developing experts to utilize and demonstrating basic understanding of client tools and requirements. Creating fun and dynamic learning environment for all learning opportunities. Soluto - Supervisor Providing weekly deliverables that consist of weekly coaching and development meetings, reviewing quality calls. Providing different methods of feedback to expert. Focusing on the monthly goals for CRT, Transfer rate, ACW, Adherence and other goals. The ability to adapt to daily business needs and showing support for the Operations side of business. Asurion, Phoenix, AZ. Soluto - Technical Lead Provide operational support with management. Ensuring cliental policy is maintained. Provide additional coaching sessions through side by sides. Deliver exceptional success with building engagement with teams.
- Learning and Development Specialist at Asurion
- Front Office Supervisor at Broadband Holdings, LLC
- Technical Customer Service Representative at Direct TV
- Technical Special Projects Supervisor at ADT Security
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school - General Studies
Designated lead in developing and managing a wide array of learning and development programs that support stores; from store visits to determine impact to the end-user through to collaboration with SME’s and project partners to leading training through rollout.
Conduct learning needs analyses to identify the appropriate training vehicle for projects and develop all related materials and course content.
Collaborate with SME’s crossing all levels of leadership and functionalities (IT, Marketing, Legal, store experts, etc.).
• Create learning materials which have quick impact and long-lasting efficacy.
• Transform look and feel of current courses and materials to become more engaging, fresh and modern. Support new store openings by developing multi-faceted new hire training plans and onboaring materials and coordinating with multiple parties to ensure new Team Members are prepared for their new roles. Conduct retrospective (“retro”) sessions to determine success of training and how future trainings can be improved. Counted on to work independently while managing and balancing multiple projects and priorities.
- Learning and Development Specialist at Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill
- Instructional Designer at Nordstrom
- Assistant Buy Planner at Nordstrom
- Associate Buy Planner at Eddie Bauer
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- MBA - Global Management
- BA - Anthropology
Create and deliver dynamic learning solutions to ensure training is aligned with the overall goals of the organization. Create, prepare and edit materials used in facilitating training sessions, seminars and meetings including lesson plans, curriculum, training guides, participant manuals, videos, slides and other materials to enhance training presentations. Collaborate with learning partners and HR staff to assure quality program design, development and delivery. Create promotional flyers for conferences, training sessions and materials. Use adult learning principles, participative training design, group dynamics and interactive learning methods in training sessions. Manage and facilitate the statewide new employee orientation. Track all supervisor credit hours and submit to the state organization for review. Utilize the statewide learning management system entitled LEARN to assist with our agency’s inquiries, issues and enrollments in classes.
- Learning and Development Specialist III at Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Training Specialist at OU Health Sciences Center
- On boarding & Benefits Specialist at Traditions Spirits
- Training Specialist II at American Farmers & Ranchers
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Management