Legal Advisor at SLP, property and Labour specialist.
- Legal Advisor at
- Attorney at Unemployed
11 months at this Job
- LLB Honours Degree
The Legal Advisor position requires review of state and federal consumer protection laws and statutes
in comparison to customer's vehicle history in order to determine GM legal liability for loss and potential damages in accordance with state and federal law. The agents will work the case from start to finish which includes gathering and providing supporting documentation to GM Legal staff for cases
that go to trial. The agents will obtain the necessary documentation to submit a well written settlement
recommendation that will be approved by either on-site staff or GM Field personnel. These include
settlements of cash reimbursements, trade/straight repurchase of the vehicle, and legal fees or a combination of these. Settlements can range in value from several hundred dollars to over $100K.
Legal Mediation Liaisons, with the guidance of GM Legal Staff, will negotiate an amicable settlement,
thus preventing a case from progressing down the legal path. In Legal, the Mediation Liaison will only
communicate to attorney's representing GM Customers. In Legal, the Advisors will communicate with dealerships, the field, GM Legal Coordinators and the attorneys representing GM Customers.Training
and mentoring will be provided.SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
•Review claims from a Lemon Law or Breach of Warranty standpoint
• Review and apply state or Lemon Law to the case for/against GM
• Review legal documents (demand letters/CT notice/lawsuits) that specify claims under state/lemon law statutes
• Prepare a business case for settlement offers that are legally binding to GM outlining manufacture obligation/liability
• Offers may include Goodwill
• Offers may include cash sums
•Combination of Goodwill and Cash
•Offers of vehicle trade or straight repurchase
•Calculate finance and payoff costs
•Understand and calculate usage guidelines per consumer protection statutes
• Determine over allowance/negative equity costs. Once approval for settlement recommendation is obtained, negotiate settlement with a customer/attorney up to the approved final offer
• Work to prevent future litigation against GM (settling Not-In-Suit-Matters to prevent filing to Lawsuit)
• Will work with confidential information for processing of tax documents (W9)
- Legal Advisor at Alorica
- Cashier at Walmart
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- High school diploma
Bahrain, Saudia Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, Libya, Lebanon, Qatar and UAE. Being resonsible for all legal works regarding all these branches and subsidaries including the following:
• Provides counsel to management on countries laws and regulations impacting local operations. Helps determine the legal options and issues that impact operational planning so as to enhance the contribution of each country operation.
• Monitors and implements appropriate corporate governance procedures for legal entities in the MEMSA region, particularly Arabia and North Africa. Ensures that local legal requirements are complied with. Assists country operations with implementation of corporate changes.
• Monitors and ensure that the business is in compliance with rules, regulations, sanctions, boycott and laws of US and no infring thereof, plus OFAC lists whether for individuals, companies, organizations and countries.
• Handles selective business law issues including insurance, international, tax, corporates, financial and banking law.
• Reviews policy wording and amendments. Develops and implements a process of oversight of policy wordings in coordination with the claims area. Implementing Sharia system within the group for insurance and finance operations.
• Responsible for wordings and conditions of the policies to be complied with Islamic laws
• Liaises with insurance authorities as necessary to license new products. Co-ordinates the legal procedures, tax issues and regulatory issues for launching of new products.
• Manages litigation as agreed with senior management. Co-ordinates with outside attorneys to define, implement and monitor the litigation strategy and the strength of legal position.
• Provide solid opinions for departments so as not to engage any activity or transaction that may jeopardise or affect company's right
• Review, draft and advise on all Agreements and Contracts
• Monitor new legislations, rules and regulations issued by the government or concerned authorities in countries of jurisdiction and advise the management of current status of governments decisions and potential impacts and opportunities, and also to make sure all the legal strctures of the company are inline with all new regulations, decisions, rules and laws.
• Offering advise on the company's overall legal structure and assure that the corporate documents are in compliance with the existing legislation and overall corporate strategy.
• Responsible for oversight of outside attorney activities, selection, review and hiring or terminating of outside counsel.
• Supports HR management on issues relating to country specific employment laws.
• Serving instant legal opinion to diferent departments
• handling all legal claims and cases and liaising with the external law firms.
• Drafting and reviewing all agreements for the company.
• Working as a secretary to the board of directors as well as to the general assembly.
• Monitor new legislations, rules and regulations issued by the government or concerned authority and advise the management of current status of governments decisions and potential impacts and opportunities, and also to make sure all the legal strctures of the company are inline with all new regulations, decisions, rules and laws.
• Liaising with all governmental and non-governlental authoroties.
• Handling registration of trade marks of the company.
• Well versed with takaful principles.
• Doing necessary translations for the company.
• Working as legal advisor and general secretary for the Board of Directors and General Assembly of Shareholders.
• Implementing and ensuring all resolutions of Board of Directors and General Assembly being in compliance with laws and also being executed properly in accordance with law and legislation.
- Regional Legal Advisor at Arab Countries
- Senior Management, Legal Team in New York, Regional President, Human Resources Department at Major Interfaces
- Legal Advisor at Abdullah Al Ghurair Group of Companies
- Legal Advisor at Joining Alajlan Company
3 years at this Job
- LL.B - LAWS
• Reading, analysis and evaluation of administrative complaints.
• Writing of legal memorandums with the purpose of recommending the disciplinary actions to be enforce according to the regulations of the PRPD.
• Writing of legal opinions with the purpose of resolving controversies or avoid future controversies.
• Evaluation and writing of internal procedures in compliance of the Federal Agreement for the Sustainable Reform of the PRPD.
- Legal Advisor at Puerto Rico Police Department
- Attorney at Private practice of Notary and Advocacy
- Social Worker at Centro Sor Isolina Ferré
- Activity Coordinator at Esperanza para la Vejez
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- - International Law and Human Rights
- Juris Doctor - Law
- Bachelor - Social Work
licenced) Research, draft, edit and revise legal documents inside court cases. Counsel citizens on how to prevent lawsuits, and how to manage them after the case is already in court. Interpret and relay legal information in a clear format for clients.
- Legal Advisor at PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
- Municipal Legislature/Administrative Assistant at Brazil - Chamber of City Councilors
- Porto Alegre/Administrative Assistant at Brazil - City Hall
20 years, 9 months at this Job
- - Criminal Law and Criminal Procedures
- - Genetics
- - Brazilian New Civil Laws
- - Family Law
- - Constitutional Law
- Bachelor - Law
- Provide legal counsel to prevent clients from any legal implications or consequences - Draft and prepare immigration forms for Venezuelan's asylum requests.
- Legal Advisor at independent
- Law Specialist Analyst at Geerdes & Associates, LLC
- Criminal Defense Attorney at Practicing
- Criminal District Attorney at
1 year at this Job
- - ESL
- - law and human rights program
- - law
- - teaching
- - Criminal Law Specialist
- - Criminal Law
- - education
• Receive Not In Suit Matter (NISM) against GM from plaintiff counsel (PC)
• Notify related dealership management & set up final repairs via Outlook/phone/fax
• Create receipt of NISM letter via Word & send to PC
• Collect necessary documents from PC & dealerships via Outlook/phone/fax
• Sort & input data via Excel & assess proper resolution
• Adhere to legal dead lines while managing a case load average of thirty-three cases
- Legal Advisor at Alorica for General Motors
- Delivery Driver at Corporate Caterers
- Line Cook at SoCo Bar & Bites
- Trainer/Line & Prep Cook at Alamo Drafthouse
8 months at this Job
- Associates of Applied Science in Culinary Arts - Culinary Arts
Drafting of reports and legal consultations for the purpose of determining compliance with the law and regulations related to the proper management of property and public funds allocated to government agencies. Carry out the planning, organization, direction and execution of research and projects from the legal point of view. Attend people who file complaints and investigate the issues presented. Make files and reports that documenting investigations and related legal aspects.
- Legal Advisor at Comptroller's Office of Puerto Rico
- Auditor at Comptroller's Office of Puerto Rico
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- MBA - Human Resources
- BA - Accounting
Investigation and assessment of personal injury claims. Meeting deadlines both internally and with plaintiff's council. Settlement negotiations. Preparing cases for trial.
- Legal Advisor at G A Legal
- Data Inspection Collector at Adecco Staffing
- Supervisor/Owner at Robert Jenkins, LLC
- Direct Sales Agent at Progressive Insurance
1 year, 6 months at this Job
Provide experienced business counseling and commercial litigation services to financial institutions, trade associations, leading companies, SMEs and NGOs, among other entities. Advise and represent clients on issues involving, commercial contracts, banking, real estate, torts, antitrust, insurance, corporate compliance, labor and employment, constitutional issues, government affairs, and ethics. Trial and appellate practice at both state and federal courts.
- Senior Legal Advisor & Consultant at Legal Practice
- Senior Attorney - Litigation Practice Group at REICHARD & ESCALERA LLC
- Law Clerk - Central Panel of the Court at SUPREME COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF PUERTO RICO
- Law Clerk - Judge German Brau at COURT OF APPEALS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF PUERTO RICO
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Graduate Courses in Public Policy Analysis, Programs Administration and Organizational Policy
- Juris Doctor (ABA Accredited)
- B.A. Comparative Literature