LEGAL EXPERIENCE Mindcrest, Inc. - Bloomberg BNA, Chicago, Illinois Legal Analyst - DealMaker and International Tax Tracker, 2018 - Present
• Analyze and summarize international tax developments from over 100 foreign jurisdictions to be published daily on Bloomberg BNA's International Tax Tracker website. Perform quality assurance and edit first level review summaries. Utilize software to translate judicial decisions, legislation, and administrative documents into English and highlight key tax developments for international corporations and high net worth individuals.
• Analyze and accurately categorize complex securities, merger and acquisition, executive compensation, banking and finance, and real estate documents that are filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission to be published daily on Bloomberg BNA's DealMaker website.
Mindcrest, Inc. - Bloomberg BNA, Chicago, Illinois
Legal Analyst - DealMaker and International Tax Tracker, 2018 - Present
- Legal Analyst at DealMaker and International Tax Tracker
- Legal Counsel and Account Manager at ESGI, LLC
- Business Development Director at Wegman Partners
- Placement Director at Special Counsel
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor's - Anthropology
- High school or equivalent - English-Speaking Union Scholar
- High school or equivalent
• Paralegal/Analyst for Derivatives Documentation Team
• Regulatory Project Manager
• Draft ISDA, MRA, GMRA Amendments
• Review client/fund documentation for BAU
• Manage and organize Legal database
• Develop SharePoint tracking tools
• Liaise with clients and internal stakeholders
- Legal Analyst at BNP Paribas
- Legislative Aide at Assemblyman Jack Ciattarelli
- Sales Associate at Athleta
- Sales Associate at Athleta
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - History
- Associate - Liberal Arts - Honors College
Brooklyn, NY Analyze legal issues on a contract basis. Complete and comprehensive fluency and competency in corporate, tax, and bankruptcy law. Competent in pacer, EDGAR, Westlaw, and Lexus Nexus research systems.
- Senior Legal Analyst at Global Legal Services
- Senior lawyer at Global One Investment Group
11 years, 4 months at this Job
- Doctorate - advanced taxation and securities law (LLM)
- Doctorate - corporate, securities, and taxation law was the concentration.
- Master's - Electrical Engineering and Computer Systems
- Bachelor's - Electrical engineering, Mathematics, and Computer Systems, magna cum laude
Author analysis pieces on the legal industry, including business of law, legal operations, and technology startups. Identify trends and work with data team to develop data sets to support analysis and reporting. Draft and develop survey on legal operations and technology; analyze responses, prepare executive summaries, and advise on graphics. Present survey findings internally and at external events. Produce and co-host podcasts, developing questions, booking and interviewing guests on legal operations, technology and emerging areas of legal practice. Advise technical editors on refining final releases. Coordinate unit’s social media promotion. Provide training to analysts on social media best practices and growth strategies.
Author analysis pieces on the legal industry, including business of law, legal operations, and technology startups.
Identify trends and work with data team to develop data sets to support analysis and reporting.
Draft and develop survey on legal operations and technology; analyze responses, prepare executive summaries, and advise on graphics. Present survey findings internally and at external events.
Produce and co-host podcasts, developing questions, booking and interviewing guests on legal operations, technology and emerging areas of legal practice. Advise technical editors on refining final releases.
Coordinate unit’s social media promotion. Provide training to analysts on social media best practices and growth strategies.
- Legal Analyst at Bloomberg BNA
- Legal Editor at BLOOMBERG LAW
- Legal Reporter at Bloomberg BNA
- Communications Coordinator at DEWBERRY
6 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- B.A. - English
Supports Asset Forfeiture Coordinator within the IRS-Criminal Investigation Division with the legal process of seizing and forfeiting property by:
• Performing case management by overseeing all aspects of Administrative Forfeiture process by following strict CAFRA guidelines and requirements making sure all necessary documents are prepared timely; assigning the asset number by entering pre-seizure information in the AFTRAK database system; analyzing collected information on seizures, resolving any conflict as it relates to discrepancies in the type of asset or how asset is recorded in the AFTRAK database; drafting disposition orders for the AFC to sign in order to get appraisals of property, seizing of property or any other actions that relate to seized property; searching Accurint for all related parties to a piece of real property so proper notification can be given; drafting notification letters for publication in a legal paper and to owners notifying them of the upcoming forfeiture of property; and reconstructing missing information to support seizure and/or forfeiture of the asset; and making accurate and detailed computer entries into the AFTRAK computer database.
• Performing case management by monitoring those cases that are judicially processed by following the same initial procedures as with the Administrative Forfeitures but CAFRA is not followed by me, rather the court takes control of the case. I regularly search PACER for updated legal documentation; verify the items listed on the Preliminary Order of Forfeiture matches what was actually seized; regularly communicate by phone and email with the US Attorney's Office to make sure the case is progressing in a timely manner and discuss any issues involving problems with the forfeiture or post-forfeiture of a case; and resolving any discrepancies by taking necessary action to deal with the USAO or in-house with the AFC; and making accurate and detailed computer entries into the AFTRAK computer database.
• Overseeing the entire Equitable Sharing process by compiling and deciphering data gathered from Case Agents, PACER, AFTRAK, and law enforcement agencies; preparing a minimum of 6 documents for submission in the Equitable Sharing package sent to headquarters including creating detailed spreadsheets, analyzing information received from law enforcement agencies, compiling a description of participation, drafting memos for signature from Asset Forfeiture Coordinator and/or Special Agent in Charge, and completing necessary forms as needed for certain assets; and submitting the entire package to headquarters; and making accurate and detailed computer entries into the AFTRAK computer database.
• Preparing Disposition Packages to submit to headquarters to have money moved from the Treasury Suspense Account to the Treasury Forfeiture Fund or to refund money to owner by deciding what type of disposition is needed; researching PACER for necessary court documents; determining the necessary case expenses; drafting the proper documents for AFC signature; compiling all necessary documents to submit to headquarters; and making accurate and detailed computer entries into the AFTRAK computer database.
• Effectively communicating with law enforcement agencies regarding equitable sharing of forfeited assets and answering general questions regarding the payment process as well as for compliance issues.
• Following court case progression through contact with US Attorney's office and PACER system for all criminal and civil judicial cases so that forfeiture process proceeds within proper time schedules.
• Preparing summaries, legal memorandums, and other documents as needed by the Asset Forfeiture Coordinator and digesting pertinent legal data.
• Analyzing and develop documentation acquired by reading reports collected from the AFTRAK computer program, deciphering the data, reconciling the reports and reporting my findings as the reports relate to asset inventory.
• Prepare written reports on a monthly basis detailing action taken by me during the month and listing specific details of cases worked on.
• Drafting and submitting for approval legal notices for publication regarding preliminary forfeitures.
• Using the Lexis/Nexis Accurint program, perform detailed searches on individuals targeted in the investigation to determine what real property is in their name for the purpose of being able to notify them of the upcoming forfeiture.
- Legal Analyst at ASRC Federal
- Paralegal at Rahm, Rahm & McVay, P.C
- Document Clerk, Environmental Section at Shook, Hardy & Bacon Law Firm
- Judicial Administrative Assistant to Judge Ann Mesle at Circuit Court of Jackson County
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Applied Science
* Triage all incoming legal documents * Conduct research on relevant laws, regulations, and legal articles * Updating dispositional on the computer and various court systems as needed * Creates events on Odyssey to link images of documents; linked court documents to existing events * Maintained court dockets and updated disposition of cases after court hearings and trials. * Draft documents and letters from existing acquisitions using proper licensing templates * Gather and arrange evidence and other legal documents for attorney review and case preparation * File exhibits, briefs, appeals and other legal documents with the court or opposing counsel * Updates defendant and criminal case status
- Legal Analyst at State Attorney Office
- Court Program Liaison at Soho Wellness Initiative
- Targeted Case Manager at Community Partners
- Agency Administrator at Lutheran Services Florida
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Masters of Public Administration - Public Administration
- Master Degree - Public Policy
* Serve as a liaison between attorney and lender via phone and email, regarding chronologies and restarts. * Provide prompt, accurate, and complete chronological reports as requested by clients. * Preform legal research to gather facts and relevant case information via electronic sources including Perfect Practice, TEMPO, Black Knight; Court Dockets. * Complete the weekly restart spreadsheet and update appropriate vendor sites. * Audit Sales and Bidding Information and Create Excel Spread Sheets Accordingly * Identify and communicate any problems or issues with current process and procedures to management. * Train new coworkers on the different aspects of our department.
- Legal Analyst at Albertelli Law Firm
- Logistics Specialist at Kass Shuler Law Firm
- Lead Night Audit Agent/ Concierge/ Front Desk Agent at InterContinental Tampa Hotel
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Political Science
- Associate of Arts
• Legal Document drafting, contract review/administration.
• Conduct legal research and gather related legal information.
• Review drafts of contracts, policies and other legal documents.
• Draft and implement procedures for the Legal and Risk Management Department.
• Process invoices for third-party collection agencies.
• Research Bankruptcy cases in PACER.
• Prepare and file proof of claims for Bankruptcy cases with the Federal Courts.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for third-party collection agencies.
• Delegate assignments to support personnel.
• Interpret laws, rulings and regulations in legal documents.
- Legal Analyst at Herc Rentals Inc
- Law Clerk at The Dorcey Law Firm
- Intern to Judge Celeste Muir at Eleventh Judicial Circuit Court
- Executive Assistant to the General Counsel, Linda Kelley Kearson at Eleventh Judicial Circuit Court
7 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Master of Business Administration - Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Human Resource Management
Oversees over two hundred regulatory business license filings and reports per year, many containing
concurrent deadlines and requests for additional information
• Manages online licensing platform
• Summarizes internal policies and procedures and financial information for state regulatory agencies
• Works with senior management to track responses and ensure timely production and delivery of items responsive to requests from state and federal regulators
• Reviews customer account level documents for compliance with state and federal law
• Researches and summarizes statutes and regulatory opinion for internal use during federal and state examinations
• Reviews legal department invoices and provides analysis in Excel of spend in formats requested such as pivot tables, graphs, future projections, and year over year trends
• Responds to and presents to upper management and executives on state regulatory agency complaints
• Drafts demand letters and briefs in lieu
• Requests policies, procedures, narratives, and other documents responsive to regulatory requests from senior managers and executives
• Organizes and oversees department meetings
- Legal Analyst at American Credit Acceptance, LLC
- Intern at Seventh Circuit Solicitor's Office
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice Statistics and Research
Performed legal research, attended meetings at the Utah State Capital and online, took elaborate notes and reported any important information back to Representative Seegmiller. Worked on various legal/law related projects, including Cherish Families and a House Bill.
Performed legal research, attended meetings at the Utah State Capital and online, took elaborate notes and reported any important information back to Representative Seegmiller.
Worked on various legal/law related projects, including Cherish Families and a House Bill.
- Legal Analyst at Utah Representative Travis Seegmiller
- Security Officer at Virgin River Hotel and Casino
- Server/Housekeeper at Beehive Cottages
- Captioning Agent at Caption Call
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Criminal Justice
- Associate - Criminal Justice