I'm the legal clerk team lead, started out as just a legal clerk. I handle all data entry for incoming claims. I communicate with a large team of two other departments, I have to communicate with all of them. I talk to client assistants and process servers on a daily basis.
- Legal Clerk at
at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Prepares discovery documents in cases involving civil litigation defense.
Martin Law Firm, Fayetteville, AR, Fall 2017-Summer 2018
• Conducted legal research regarding tort matters such as fraud/deceit, conversion, and ATDPA claims
• Prepared demand letters, interrogatories, and responses for personal injury cases and other civil claims
- Legal Clerk at Bassett Law Firm
- Legal Clerk at Niswanger Law Firm PLC
- Legal Clerk at Law Offices of Katherine E. Blackmon
- Legal Clerk at Doss Law Firm, P.A
9 months at this Job
- J.D. - Business Law Society
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Management
Legal Clerk to 7 attorneys litigating primarily in civil defense work. Previously completed assignments have included drafting various pleadings, motions, research memoranda, and service contracts; including a Motion for Summary Judgement that was granted at the trial level. Additionally, I’ve had the opportunity to attend trials, mediations, depositions, and appellate proceedings.
- Legal Clerk at Kriz, Jenkins, Prewitt & Jones
- Legal Clerk at Department of Public Advocacy
- Courier at Boehl Stopher & Graves, LLP
- Legal Clerk at Scott County Circuit Court, Division 2
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Juris Doctorate
- Bachelor's - Politics, Philisophy, and Economics
• Received recognition for achievements in Family Court through exemplary annual evaluations, five promotions and a commendation from the Deputy Court Administrator.
• Train staff and provide leadership in proper case management, utilizing comprehensive knowledge of child support and child custody systems.
• Created and maintains judicial schedule.
• Possess thorough knowledge of state regulations and federal guidelines governing Child Support and Child Custody matters.
• Process petitions, motions and complaints.
• Register PA child support orders and spousal support orders in other states and countries.
• Designed and implemented statistical tracking system to report production.
• Supervise clerical staff of the Data Management Unit.
• Maintain Time and Attendance, and vacation schedules for staff and Judges
• Training employees of the Domestic Relations Section on scheduling procedure.
• Supervises court nursery staff for supervised visitation
• Systems coordinator and securities Other titles held: Clerical Assistant, Legal Clerk I, II, III
- Legal Clerk IV/ Supervisor at First Judicial District of Pennsylvania
17 years, 2 months at this Job
Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Law Firm Petitioner’s Workers Compensation Law Firm · Served as the firm’s only legal clerk responsible for all legal research · Created two successful briefs defeating two separate motions for summary judgment · Created one brief defeating a motion to reconsider a previous judicial order · Quickly learned to draft various motions, complaints, and pleadings effectively · Routinely accompanied the attorney on case management calls and motions · Sat second-chair at trial for a slip-and-fall case and assisted the attorney through diligent note taking and voir dire · Charged with scheduling client interviews and completion of all written discovery · Successfully completed e-filing training courses in order to transition the firm to the new filing system
- Legal Clerk at Conway Law Office, P.C
- Legal Clerk at Northern Illinois Health Advocacy Clinic
- Caddy at Edgewood Valley Country Club
- Legal Clerk at KIdris Law Offices
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - History
Legal Clerk III
8th District Court of Appeals
Cuyahoga County Clerk of Courts August 2015 – Present
Report to the Clerk Supervisor
Appeals Case Support New Appeals
• Enter new appeals into CJIS computer system
• Enter New Attorneys on case
• Proofread legal language on documents Paginations of lower court cases
• Organize court documents in date order
• Organize all exhibits and transcripts for case
• Properly secure all under seal items for case
• File completed Pagination in numerical order Pulling Case Carts for Staff Attorneys
• Locate lower court case files throughout court system
• Gather all exhibits that belong to case
• Communicate with County Court Reporters to secure court transcripts
• Assist Staff Attorneys with any other questions and tasks related to cases Miscellaneous Tasks
•Entering Motions into CJIS court system
• Entering Writs into CJIS court system
• Imaging all documents on Imagining scanner into CJIS court system
• Pulling Transcripts and Exhibits for Attorneys and Pro se case filers
• Assisting Pro Se filers with general legal questions pertaining to the Appeals Court
- Legal Clerk III at Cuyahoga County
- Court Clerk at
- Deputy Clerk of Courts at Village of Boston Heights
- Intern at Stow Municipal Court
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Sociology
- Diploma - Nay
Held directly accountable for demonstrating initiative, strong organization and coordination skills, and excellent
communication abilities while completing legal support tasks thoroughly and with a strong sense of urgency. Full
responsibility for receiving and filing legal documents in assigned courts and counties, issuing certified copies of court documents, and ensuring accuracy and completeness of all case files before submitting them to the court.
• Accurately maintained files, documents, databases, and reports to provide highly reliable information. Utilized legal research skills to search and retrieve records and documents for specific cases utilizing web databases.
• Displayed exceptional capacity to meet deadlines, build rapport with individuals at all levels and backgrounds, and to support the firm's goals/objectives by facilitating a positive, efficient, and productive environment.
• Built a reputation for professionalism, reliability, and accountability and for maintaining a high level of work quality. Scheduled EBT appointments and answered inquiries regarding court documents and case status.
• Demonstrate excellent organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills with ability to prioritize work while using strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities to complete assigned tasks/responsibilities.
• Identified and provided additional assistance as needed to support efficient and productive operations as well as accepted new assignments and responsibilities with a positive, cooperative, and team-oriented attitude.
• Directly responsible for prioritizing conflicting demands and timelines, maintaining flexibility to work on a variety of matters, and handling multiple tasks/assignments with strong attention to detail and follow -up.
• Maintained professional and courteous communications, demeanor, and interactions with individuals. Exercised independent judgment and performed duties in the best interest of clients, attorneys, and the entire law firm.
• Recognized by management for anticipating problems and presenting effective solutions/recommendations, team collaboration and cooperation, exceeding expectations, and consistently delivering outstanding results.
- Legal Clerk at PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
13 years at this Job
- Associate of Arts - Liberal Arts
Maintaining and organizing litigation materials; litigation management; processing correspondence, and various clerical duties, including filing/copying/court package assembly, provide customers service via mail/telephone when needed. Reviews accounts for entire legal process. Pleading preparation for accounts placed for civil legal action (warrants in debt, interrogatories and garnishments). I also process correspondence to attorneys, debtors and courts. Maintains close contact with attorneys and courts, litigation, billing and small claims financial spreadsheets. Review dispute accounts for appropriate handling. Responsible for reviewing accounts placed with outside counsel. Tracks document requests and maintain a document management system using Collection Manager and On Base data systems.
- Legal Clerk at PRA Group
- Legal Clerk at Randstad / PRA Group(Temporary)
- at Unemployed
- Detention Specialist at Department of Juvenile Services
10 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
* Performed a wide range of administrative functions associated with knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services in volunterr organization helping veterans obtaining legal service
* Communicated effectively with veterans to develop a trusting relationship to facilitate and determine possible legal issues and challenges.
* Gathered, reviewed and evaluated veterans claims and developed civil issues files for accuracy and completeness.
* Examined forms, court transcripts, and other documentation used in legal claims eligibility determinations.
* Communicated daily with veterans, families, co-workers, and other community resources.
* Prepared documentation reflecting evaluation findings with details of what is contained or missing for legal issues to be presented to the courts.
* Interviewed veterans to assist with legal access to courts (State and federal) programs. Discussed available programs to prepare legal pleadings for veterans clients to file to the courts to resolve their claims.
* Drafted legal briefings for veterans with limited understanding of legal matters.(Family, Civil Matters, Employment Law etc.
* Documented all activities in veterans client's files. Maintenance / Jaintorial March 2011-present
• Clean building floors by employing scrubbing, sweeping and mopping techniques
• Collect trash from trash receptacles and dispose it off properly
• Shampoo, steam clean and vacuum carpets
• Clean glass windows and doors
• Dust furniture and walls and restore any damaged interior such as walls and electrical fixtures
• Polish floors
• Clean and maintain pipes, machines and equipment
• Mix detergents or acids in accordance to safety instructions
• Move heavy furniture or equipment in accordance to instructions provided
• Make adjustments to cooling and heating systems
- Legal Clerk at Protecting Soldiers Rights
- Market Researcher/Interviewer at Friedman Marketing Research
- Personnel Clerk at Clerical Administration
- Law Library Clerk/Paralegal at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies - Legal Studies
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies - ABA
- Associate's Degree in Social Science - Social Science
- Diploma in Paralegal Specialized Practices - research
Corporate law practice area, largely mergers and acquisitions. Drafted memoranda and legal research comparing the corporate governance structures of the American, English, and Italian corporate law regimes.
- Legal Clerk at Chiomenti Studio Legale
- United States Trade Representative at
- Legal Clerk at The App Association
- Division of Trading Markets, Legal Clerk at The App Association
2 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Masters - International
- - Law