Responsible, through the General Counsel, for providing legal counsel to the Department and all Office Directors. Provides analysis and advice in preparing and reviewing proposed legislation and administrative rules. Ensures that all legal documents are properly administered; and legal service with other appropriate State, local and private entities are coordinated. Prepares research on matters of law affecting the Department and its staff. Drafts and reviews legislation and rulemaking which affects Department policies; reviews and approves all legal documents executed by the Director or his designees such as contracts, Memorandum of Understanding, etc. Serves as the Department's Freedom of Information Officer and Liaison to the Office of Law Enforcement.
- Legal Counsel at ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES, OFFICE OF LEGAL SERVICES
- Attorney at DANIEL T. NELSON, P.C
- Director of Government Affairs & General Counsel at FRATERNAL ORDER OF POLICE STATE LODGE
- Legal Counsel at ILLINIOS LAW ENFORCEMENT TRAINING AND STANDARDS BOARD
4 years, 3 months at this Job
• Acting in-house legal counsel, reporting to the General Counsel for North American operations.
• Primary legal counsel to the Mid-Atlantic Region RMX Concrete Group with responsibility for legal review of operations, and all material sales and other contracts.
• Primary legal counsel to the U.S. Purchasing Department with responsibility for reviewing/drafting all material vendor and service agreements.
• Supporting counsel to US Cement and Aggregates Groups with responsibility for legal review of operations and material sales contracts and property leases.
• Counsel to U.S. Land Department with responsibility for documenting leasing activities, and the divestment of surplus properties.
• Interact with Tax, Accounting, Health & Safety and Risk Managers to verify compliance with applicable laws and corporate policies and minimize risk exposure.
- Legal Counsel at LAFARGE NORTH AMERICA INC
- Principal at MUN LAW FIRM
- Corporate Counsel at VIAVI SOLUTIONS INC
- Corporate Attorney at IBP INC
7 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Pre-Law
Position Title: Group Legal Counsel
Specialization: Law/Legal Services/ Contract
Industry: Civil, Construction, Mechanical, Electrical and Infrastructure
• Acting as Legal Counsel for Koh Brothers Ltd subsidiaries;
• Prepare, draft and review tender documents to mitigate risks and highlight risky clauses, terms and conditions;
• Draft contracts and agreements for company;
• Negotiated, drafted and review research related contracts, master collaboration contracts, research collaboration contracts and other forms of research related agreement;
• Review tender clauses, terms and conditions to ensure low risk and provide good leverage to the company; 1 Resume of KGan
• Review Letter of Award, Request and negotiated for amendment for equitable clauses and in conformance to industry best practices;
• Draft letter of Claims, EOT, Delay and Loss and Expense;
• Draft and negotiate contracts between company and employers/owners/main contractor;
• Agreements include service agreements, Industry Collaboration, Research and Development;
• Analyse contract terms and identify areas of possible risks and opportunities related to the application of contract clauses;
• Ensure commercial risks are identified and managed across all scope of works and projects;
• Documentation of all contractual transactions of the company;
• Safeguard company's contract objectives;
• Responsible for all contractual matters;
• Documentation of evidence for purposes of disputes;
• Memorandum of Understanding;
• Draft Commercial Agreement;
• Manage all legal claims;
• Draft and Negotiate on Banker's Guarantee;
• Draft and final implementation of Joint Venture Construction works;
• NDA, Licensing Agreement and Master Service Agreement; and
• Conduct training and provide legal guidance on new regulations, developments and compliance. COMPANY SECRETARIAL
• Convening and taking minutes of Board Meetings, Exco, EGM and AGM;
• Preparation and Draft of Board, Ordinary and Special resolutions;
• Preparation and Draft of memorandum and articles of association.
• Incorporation of companies.
• Perform ACRA filing, prepare financial statements in xBRL format and e-stamping.
• Expert in Companies Act Cap 50;
• Complied with timely with all statutory requirements and maintenance of statutory registers and other records.
• Other company secretarial matters.
• Maintain the Group's statutory registers and corporate statutory records;
• Coordinate, arrange and provide administrative support for Board, Exco and Committee meetings;
• Manage, monitor and arrange for compliance with all corporate secretarial obligations for the Group;
• Manage and administer reply and ensure compliance with SGX listing requirements;
• Prepare and releases announcement to SGX via SGXNet;
• Being current on developments and stay relevant on changes in statutory and regulatory obligations. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
• Negotiate over all commercial contracts including inventions, novelty, non-disclosure and intellectual property ownership;
• IP search and IP prosecution for all scopes of IP;
• Prosecution and Filing of patents over company owned inventions and novelty matters; 2 Resume of KGan
• Drafted, inclusive of revocation and repudiation, breaches and termination, duration of the license, confidentiality, co-operation and good faith, jurisdiction and applicable law within the scope of Intellectual Property law;
• Dealing with matters relating to breach of confidence;
• Brand Protection;
• Search for trade marks. Filed trade marks;
• Search, prepare, draft and register patent for corporate invention;
• Checked patent applications are technically and legally accurate;
• Ensure compliance with the various stages of the process and stipulated time periods;
• Industrial Design, Filing and Search;
• Trade Mark Search, Filing and Registration;
• Freedom to operate;
• Provide advice on Copyright law; Area of Specialisations
• Security of Payment Act, SOP;
• Singapore Institute of Architects Conditions of Contract;
• Public Sector Standard Conditions of Contracts for Construction Works (PSSCOC);
• REDAS Design and Build Conditions of Contracts;
• Singapore Construction Laws;
• Acts relating to Construction Industry;
• Singapore International Arbitration Act;
• Singapore Arbitration Act;
• Mediation; and
• Early Neutral Evaluation. Present Projects
• Changi Airport Civil Engineering Projects;
• Marina East Desalination Plant;
• Yishun HDB Projects;
• Executive Condominium Construction;
• Drainage Projects;
• Woodland Hospital;
• Other desalination, water way and drainage projects.
- Legal Counsel at Koh Brothers Ltd
- Legal and Compliance Manager and Research, at Agency for Science, Technology
- Group Legal Counsel at Numoni Pte Ltd
- Legal Counsel at Hyflux Pte Ltd
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Laws - Laws
- Certification - Contract Management
Continued to serve as Chief Legal Counsel of Industrial Solutions business after its acquisition by ABB from GE.
- Chief Legal Counsel at ABB EPIS
- at GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY
- at GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY
- General Counsel at GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY
5 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts - Classics
Practice Area: Corporate restructuring, Mergers and Acquisitiona, Capital Markets, etc. As a legal Counsel I worked on offshore restructuring (including tax), Offshore investments, drafting Joint Venture Agreements, Technical collaborations, financing of projects, processing applications through the Foreign Investment Promotion Board; Liasing with the various government authorities to secure approvals and other regulatory consents; due diligence, advise on compliance with the takeover regulation and securities law, Advise on Company Law issues and taxtion advise. Analysed the Risks and strengths involved in the underwriting for public listing of Companies. Was a member of the Delhi Bar Association and Internationl Bar Association. Home maker and stay at home Mom 2000-2018. Active member of PTA for the Evergreen school district in San Jose California and thereafter in Scarsdale New York.
- Legal counsel at PricewaterHouseCoopers
- Advocate Counsel at Deloitte & Touche
- Legal Associate at Singhania & Co
- Assistant at Public Prosecutor New Delhi High Court
2 years at this Job
- LL.B - Law
- Masters of Arts - Sociology
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics and Sociology
Provide day-to-day legal counsel to key UCB business unit and its stakeholders on FDA regulatory matters, namely advertising and promotion regulations, as well as anti-kickback, fraud and abuse considerations; work with legal team to evaluate and manage legal risk, including that from any pending litigation or investigations; work closely with colleagues throughout the company, including the sales and marketing organization, regulatory affairs, medical affairs, compliance and other functions.
- Legal Counsel, Immunology at UCB, INC
- Associate, Health Care, Business & Torts Litigation at Jones Day
- Legislative Assistant at United States Congressman Michael T. McCaul
- Legislative Correspondent at United States Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison (Texas)
5 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate
- Bachelor of Science in Spanish and History - Spanish and History
• Negotiate, draft and revise various agreements such as publishing agreements (i.e. author, illustrator, and audio/digital publisher); development and production agreements (i.e. traditional and digital media distribution, writer, director, producer, production services, and location); licensing agreements (i.e. music, photo, font, clips, and lyrics); collaboration agreements (i.e. memorandum of understanding, shopping agreements, and POD deals); human resources related agreements (i.e. consultant, independent contractor, non-disclosure and confidentiality, and termination letters); and sweepstakes/contest materials (i.e. rules, affidavits and third-party influencer agreements).
• Render full range of production legal services for all productions and responsible for reporting and ensuring compliance with Guild mandates (i.e. WGA, DGA, SAG, IATSE).
• Provide day-to-day legal support to all departments (e.g. marketing, finance, publicity, social media, production, development, publishing, corporate, human resources, etc.) along with analyzing, summarizing, and communicating legal concepts, company policies and risk tolerance.
• Manage invoice processing after having implemented payment procedures.
• Train and supervise colleague on various projects/agreements assigned by General Counsel.
• Perform other matters and related duties at the direction of General Counsel.
- Legal Counsel at Adaptive Studios
- Manager, Contract Administration & Attorney Trainee, Legal Affairs at Fox21 Television Studios
- Volunteer Attorney at Law Office of Michael A. Meyer
- Consultant at Twentieth Century Fox Television
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
Whilst at Lawyers on Demand, I was seconded as in-house counsel to a renewable energy company that actively participates in the Australian energy market. It is a developer, owner and operator of generation assets delivering energy solutions to Australian businesses and large retailers. My role has been to assist the legal team with overflow work and ad-hoc legal work on a time critical basis. Work has involved advising on and dealing with legal issues affecting the renewable industry including real estate matters, general commercial work including confidentiality obligations, intellectual property rights, and other transaction documents relating to existing and new wind farms across Australia.
- Legal Counsel at Lawyers on Demand
- Senior Associate at Bartier Perry Lawyers
- In-house Counsel at The SMSF Association
- Solicitor at King & Wood Mallesons
5 months at this Job
- Master of Applied Law - Applied Law
- Bachelor of Laws - Laws
Washington, DC Integrated strategic communications firm that addresses health and social disparities with culture-specific information and dissemination strategies that urgently move people to action. Outside Legal Counsel, Jun 2009-Dec 2018 * Key member of leadership team, engaged in company decision making related to legal and operational issues. * Oversee litigation, corporate compliance, contract drafting and review, EEO issues and government contracting.
- Outside Legal Counsel at PENNGOOD LLC
- Managing Attorney at AKIN-DEKO PROFESSIONAL SERVICES FIRM PLLC
- Independent agency of the federal government to aid, counsel at SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- Law Clerk at LAW OFFICE OF TOM WITKOP, MARC
9 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Law - Litigation/ADR
- Bachelor of Science in Sports and Leisure Studies - Sports Management
Results oriented attorney with an innovative view of the law in business practices. Ample experience in drafting complex contracts (for example: non compete agreements, business secrets agreements, trademarks, IP, compliance with rules and regulations). General litigation on civil matters and corporate consulting including: employment, corporate, trademark, franchise, complex contracts, and governmental issues (regulations). Negotiation and drafting of distribution contracts, development agents, business secrets, and franchise contracts in compliance with rules and regulations. Cross jurisdictional contracts in Latin America and USA. Counsel for the Puerto Rico Legislative Branch. Draft legislative bills and legal opinions.
- LEGAL COUNSEL at GALARZA LAW OFFICES
- UNDERSECRETARY at Departament of Housing
- COUNSEL TO GOVERNOR at OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
- CHIEF OF STAFF/SENATE MAJORITY LEADER at
13 years at this Job
- JURIS DOCTOR - Business, corporate.
- BACHELOR - ARTS