* Review and summarize medical records * Prepare written reports * Locate testifying experts Legal Nurse Consultant - Research and Planning Consultants, LP., Austin, TX * Review and summarize medical records * Prepare written reports Legal Nurse Consultant - Coe Law Firm, Tyler, TX * Review and summarize medical records * Prepare verbal and written reports * Identify pre-existing conditions Legal Nurse Consultant - Reid Martin PC, Tyler, TX * Organize and Paginate medical records Legal Nurse Consultant - MAS Law Firm, Richardson, TX * Review and summarize medical records * Prepare verbal and written reports * Identify pre-existing conditions Legal Nurse Consultant - Michael Bernoudy Law Firm, Marshall, TX * Locate testifying experts
- Legal Nurse Consultant at The Witherspoon Law Group
- Staff Nurse at UT Health East Texas/ETMC Behavioral Health
- Director of Nursing and Alternate Administrator at Nightingale's Home Health
- Director of Nursing at All Care Home Health, Longivew, TX
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate - Nursing
An independent Legal Nurse Consultant/Investigator for defense and prosecuting counsel.
• Review numerous cases for Mr. Joseph Wayne Kastl, a retired JAG officer and respected senior judge who served on the Air Force Court of Military Review and other LOCAL attorneys on an as needed basis.
• Cases reviewed consist of, but are not limited to, insurance fraud, medical malpractice (civilian), sexual harassment, surgical errors, mishap investigations, elder neglect/abuse, child molestation, murder, sexual misconduct, rape, quality of life issues for imprisoned service members, DUI, medical evaluations and diagnoses, major depression, Desert Shield / Storm related illnesses, as well as medical board appeals for permanent disability rating.
- Legal Nurse Consultant at The Military Defender
- Wellin Head and Neck Tumor Center at Hollings Cancer Center
- Patient Advocate (RN) at Coastal Patient Advocates, LLC
- Infection Prevention Clinical Sales Consultant at Goldshield, LLC
26 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Nursing
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
Legal Nurse Consultant responsible for reviewing medical records to find specific event(s), documenting possible breach of Standards of Care, providing information and finding probable causes. Skilled in flagging identification relevant to the patient's case and medical history. Provides identification of Risk Factors and pre-existing conditions. Provides malpractice/personal injury-defense reviewing, summarizing, researching and analyzing medical records. Liaised between lawyers, doctors and other experts in the medical field. Additional Duties:
• Develops medical malpractice claims information by investigating hospital, nursing home, home health, nursing negligence and physician negligence claims.
• Determine merits of legal or accreditation status and provides unbiased opinions in all aspects of the investigation and reporting.
• Prepares releases and letters to obtain complete medical records, x-rays, billings and other patient data that might prove essential to cases. Assesses events and quality of care issues relating to Standards of Care.
• Provide medical expertise and opinions on issues related to accepted standards of medical care, casualty and diagnosis of ailments.
• Obtains, organizes, reviews and summarizes all relevant documents like medical records, policies and procedures, contracts.
• Investigates and processes the claims information into the claims management system regularly with accuracy and data integrity.
- Legal Nurse Consultant at Front Line Medical Legal Consulting Services
- Staff Nurse at
- Counsel and support outgoing patients at St. Dominic Hospital
- RN Care Coordinator at University of MS Medical Center
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Nursing
Consulted medical cases for both plaintiff counsel and defendant counsel. Write timelines. Organized charts. Made visual aids. Identified merit based cases across multiple nursing disciplines based on standards of care appropriate for specific case date. Located Expert Witnesses from many disciplines.
- Legal Nurse Consultant at Sincere legal nurse consultants
- RN at AMR Pro Nurse
- Orthopaedic nurse at Adult and paediatric orthopaedics
2 years, 7 months at this Job
Provide quality, cost-effective consultation, utilizing medical knowledge and nursing expertise, to businesses and firms working with medical related cases. Summarize medical records Prepare medical chronologies Screen potential medical cases Provide current, authoritative medical research Educate clients on medical issues and terminology
- Legal Nurse Consultant at Legal Nurse Solutions
- Nurse Reviewer at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
- Orthopedic Registered Nurse at OSF SAINT FRANCIS MEDICAL CENTER
2 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - NURSING
• Organize, summarize and analyze medical recordsEvaluates user competency and implements tactics to assist.
• Analyze cases for merit and strategy. Develop chronologies, summaries and other reportsExecutes focused communication, education, and observation of end users related to organizational strategic EMR initiatives
• Locate and review cases with experts. Assist with defendant deposition and trial preparation
• Draft deposition and trial questions for expert and fact witnesses
• Develop PowerPoint presentations for mediations and trials
• Assist attorneys with fact witness preparation
- Legal Nurse Consultant at Pinnacle Legal Nurse Consulting, LLC
- Clinical Business Analyst at
- Clinical Systems Analyst at Golden Valley Memorial Hospital
- Float Pool Nurse MED/SURG/ED/ICU at Golden Valley Memorial Hospital
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Nursing Leadership & Management - Nursing Leadership & Management
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Associate in Applied SCIENCE - Applied SCIENCE
- - Practical Nursing
Engage as independently contracted case manager, workers compensation; to medically assess and manage cases facilitating the return of catastrophically injured/ill clients to productive lifestyles, and the worker's prior position of employment; in an efficient, cost-effective, and timely manner. Serve as Legal Nurse Consultant for MDs, attorneys, and insurance companies regarding diverse cases, including medical malpractice, critical care, cardiology, and personal injury. Develop medical record chronologies, summary letters, and merit reviews for pending cases. Review and analyze medical records, conduct related research, develop recommendations, and create formal case assessments. Audit health care claims/cases and evaluate for fraud. Advocate, report, and document assigned independent medical examinations (IME).
- NURSE CASE MANAGER/LEGAL NURSE CONSULTANT at Sharda Enterprises
- PATIENT SERVICES CARE COORDINATOR, R.N at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
- MEDICAL CASE MANAGER at WORKERS' COMP
- MEDICAL CASE MANAGER at WORKERS' COMPENSATION
34 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.S. - Nursing
- Certificate in Case Management
- M.S. - Nursing Education
- M.B.A. - Health Services Management
Verified data integrity and accuracy of medical documents pertaining to the patients care. Provided services efficiently and with high level of accuracy. Interpreted medical documents and state regulations to evaluate care provided. Analyzed departmental documents for compliance with healthcare policies.
- Legal Nurse Consultant at Palmetto Legal Nurse Consulting
- Home Care Director at Alere \ Optum Inc
- Home Care Nurse at Alere \ Optum Inc
- Patient Educator, Registered Nurse at Alere \ Optum Inc
8 months at this Job
- Associate of Science - Nursing
- Associate of Arts - Management
d/b/a Hearts & Quills Consulting 4558 Debbie Lane, Lake Charles, LA 70605 (337)540-1754 Legal Nurse Consultant; Consultant on medical-legal issues in health-related cases. Writing & editing services.
- Legal Nurse Consultant at Caroline K. Dixon, LLC
- Staff RN & charge nurse at Archer Institute of Lake Charles Memorial
- Medical Certification Specialist II (RN Surveyor) at State of Louisiana Department of Health & Hospitals, Health Standards Section
- RN staff nurse for cardiology and oncology patients and their families at Lake Charles Memorial Hospital
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Associate Degree in Nursing - Nursing
- Diploma in Nursing - Nursing
My 13+ years of experience as a cardiovascular traveling nurse qualifies me to identify plaintiffs who have a pre-existing conditions in the defense of your cases. I am well versed in the intricacies of the hospital I take those complex medical records, complicated issues and break them down into understandable terms. From my traveling nurse tours, I possess knowledge of 8 different Electronic Medical Record Systems. I have reviewed 1000’s of medical records and I can catch those tiny details that you need to strengthen your case. Review medical records for merit. Review and analyze medical records from all disciplines. Review policy and procedure manual from healthcare facilities and medical records for compliance Deviations from standards of care and tampering. Develop client profile to identify pre-existing conditions and causative factors that can influence case Locate and qualify testifying experts from local and national sources. Attend depositions, trials, arbitration/mediation hearings at the request of the attorney. We provide photos, diagrams, forensic animations, drawings, graphs, simulations, and models, useful for assisting the attorneys to establish context among the facts presented in a case. Research and apply current authoritative medical and nursing literature to a specific case. Analyze the validity and reliability of research data pertinent to the case. Summarize data into brief, moderate, comprehensive and/or chronological reports to the specifications of attorney-client. Prepare reports which can be understood by jury personnel. Serve as liaison for the attorney and other healthcare providers.
- Legal Nurse Consultant at McMa Legal Consulting
11 months at this Job
- - Nursing