PERSONAL PROFILE PERSONAL PROFILE Blogger Mediator Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excels, Outlook, Access, Visio, Project Legal officer UDSM LAW SOCIETY-2018/19 COMPETENT ON Law child, Family law, Law of Gender, Tax Law, and investment Law, Contract Law, international trade and Finance law, Banking law, intellectual property, human rights, administrative law.
- Legal officer at UDSM LAW SOCIETY
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Laws - Laws
- - Advanced Secondary Education
Duties include the following:
• Conduct investigations into human rights violations and abuses as outlined in the relevant Procedures/ manuals.
• Ensure that investigations are completed in a methodical and sound manner.
• Attend to consultations with complainants. Attend interactions with complainants (under direction of the Senior Legal Officer), respondents, attorneys, government departments and stakeholders in relation to the complaints handling process as may be required.
• Conduct legal research with regards to the interpretation of statutes, exercise of power and or any other legal and human rights issues.
• Assist with drafting subpoenas and provide relevant support as may be required.
• To Assist and facilitate the setting up of "help desks" / "Day Clinics" in different parts of the province (under the guidance of the SLO/PM) in order to make the Provincial Office more accessible to people who have allegedly experienced human violations.
• Draft Legal Opinions.
- Legal Officer at South African Human Rights Commission
- Legal Administrative Officer at Department of Justice and Constitutional Development
- Executive Committee Member of Team Building Team at Women's Legal Centre
- Associate Attorney at Shepstone and Wylie
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- LLM - Shipping Law
- Post Graduate Diploma
Operate a specialized business consulting firm working with startup to mid-market businesses to quickly and cost effectively assess the greatest risks to the ~~~~~~ vitality of the business with a focus on labor law issues and compliance, worker's compensation, sexual harassment and workplace training, claims, lawsuits and potential claims, general legal advice and counsel, transactional, management liability and regulatory issues. * C-Suite and employee claims and lawsuits * Settlement Negotiation and Mediation * Worker's Compensation & Insurance Contracts and Implementation * Labor and Employment Claims and Compliance
- CHIEF LEGAL OFFICER at DK LEGAL CONSULTING, INC
- CHIEF LEGAL OFFICER, GENERAL COUNSEL at MADISON CREEK PARTNERS, LLC
- ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT, INSURANCE & CLAIMS COUNSEL at LOCKTON COMPANIES
- TRIAL ATTORNEY at SPENCER BUSBY & ASSOCIATES
5 months at this Job
- JURIS DOCTOR - Environmental Law Society
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES & INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
General - Chief Corporate Development & Legal officer for a technology solutions provider to Fortune 1000 enterprise clients - Responsible for Corporate Development, Business Development, Sales Operations, Legal and Strategic Projects - Planned and executing a high-growth business plan to grow from $100M to $800M Revenue / 100 to 500 employees - Created material enterprise value with a 5-year Gross Profit CAGR of 1,979% and 5-year EBITDA CAGR of 1,704% - Advise the Board of Directors, CEO and Executive Team on all strategic and tactical matters Finance & Operations - Led a Finance/Orders team for a high-transaction volume $700M+ Revenue product and services business - Maintained the company’s financial model, monitored financial performance and led financial rationalization efforts - Led Facilities, IT and Applications in support of company real estate, IT infrastructure, ERP and related platforms - P&L responsibility for a $30M+ annual Corporate SG&A budget and $85M+ Revenue software, maintenance and support Renewals Team Legal - Built and lead a Legal team processing $700M+/year in client and vendor commercial transactions - Successfully resolved $30M+ of threatened and actual litigation claims with no material financial impact - Partner with Human Resources to advise on all personnel, compensation, benefits and compliance efforts - Develop and administer an enterprise risk program, including all compliance, litigation and insurance matters Corporate Development - Lead all corporate development efforts to evaluate and execute financing, investment and acquisition opportunities - Lead and successfully executed a majority leveraged recapitalization transaction with a leading private equity fund - Sourced and implemented a term loan/ABL package to finance the majority leveraged recapitalization transaction
- Chief Development & Legal Officer at Trace3
- Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer & General Counsel at Trace3
- EVP, Operations & General Counsel at Trace3
- VP, General Counsel at Trace3
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate (Cum Laude) - Law
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science and History
Nigeria 03/ 2018 to 03/2019
(An upstream subsidiary of Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), engaged in oil exploration and production in Nigeria)
• Proffered legal advice to management on the legal implications of the company's action or inaction related to Government policies in the Petroleum industry
• Organized training programs to promote employee awareness of company policies and the adverse effect of default to the Company
• Prevented the company from incurring unnecessary cost and damages from litigants in court through proper counsel, legal research, court appearances/litigation and arbitration
• Drafted legal contract documents, corporate minutes of Board meetings and Annual General Meetings
• Planned and organized Annual General Meetings and Board Meetings of the Company
- Legal Officer at Nigeria Petroleum Development Corporation
- Legal Counsel at Dan Ose Okoh SAN &Co
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Laws - Laws
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: * Advise to the Bank's customers on documentation required for registration of the Bank's securities/collaterals. * Perfection of collaterals securing loans availed by the Bank to its customers. This includes registration of titles, legal mortgages, etc at the Federal and various State Lands Registries in Nigeria; registration of debentures and negative pledge at the Corporate Affairs Commission. * Review and approval of facility documentation prior to disbursement and providing legal support. * Conducting legal due diligence on proposed transactions to ensure conformity with approved terms and other relevant regulations. * Rendering legal advice and services to customers both internal and external on general legal issues relating to banking. * Drafting and review of corporate and legal agreements being entered by the Bank with its Vendors. These include Loan Agreements, Service Level Agreement, Inter Lenders Agreement, Non-Disclosure Agreement, Deed of Assignment, Memorandum of Understanding, Contract of Sale. * Review, preparation and issuance of Bonds and Guarantees in respect of contracts and agreements on behalf of the Bank's customers. * Responding to the Bank's customers and their solicitors in respect of complaints on bank related transactions or general legal issues. * General corporate legal services.
- Legal Officer at Diamond Bank Plc PGD's Place
- Call Centre Executive at Diamond Bank Plc PGD's Place
- Call Centre Executive at MTN Nigeria
- Administrative Assistant at NYSC
1 year at this Job
- Certificate in Achieved
Working 6 days a week in a busy and fast passed environment. I have a varied caseload of daily tasks such as Due Diligence and KYC analysis of 3rd parties and legal entities, that the Company is entering a relationship with. Performing legal research and analysis of financial instruments in APAC, US and Middle East region. Managing the relations and tasks with external legal consultants, developers, engineers and investment bankers. Handling the administration of payments made over wire and wallet transfers. Drafting and reviewing contracts with Advisors and 3rd party service providers. In addition to running my own caseload, I am involved in marketing activities which include attending networking events and writing articles for journals. Key achievements: → Working on newly established territory of Contract law and Financial law. → Linking Blockchain ledger with Shareholder registry in regulatory way. → Establishing KYC&AML policies.
- Legal Officer at Interprom Mining AG
- Legal Assistant at Interprom Mining AG
- Compliance Analyst at Financial Institution
9 months at this Job
- LL.B. - European & International Law
Provided legal advice to the staff of the Ministry and Overseas Missions on the negotiation of treaties, agreements, UN resolutions and other legal instruments, as well as on the interpretation of existing international law, treaties and Jamaican laws and regulations. Monitored Jamaica's implementation of bilateral and multilateral agreements and treaties and prepared State party reports on the implementation of international treaty obligations. Provided legal representation on Jamaica's delegation to international conferences, working groups and meetings, including Permanent Mission of Jamaica to the UN 6th (Legal) Committee, Jamaica's Human Rights Committee and Money Laundering/Terrorist Financing Working Group.
- Legal Officer at Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- United Nations Fellow at United Nations Office of Legal Affairs
- Legal Intern (on leave from Ministry of Foreign Affairs) at Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons
- Justice of the Peace at
5 years at this Job
- LL.M. - Law
- Certificate of Legal Education
- Bachelor of Laws - Laws
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
- - Student Government
Findlay, OH 2017 - present
The largest behind-the-meter wind generation energy company in the United States providing direct wind generation
projects to industrial customers.
General Counsel / Chief Legal Officer
• Provide all aspects of legal and compliance issues and management of legal affairs of vertically integrated wind energy company, including design, engineering, construction, operation and maintenance functions.
• Deliver legal services in various areas of practice, including power purchase agreements; general litigation; corporate and structured finance; human resources; commercial, construction and real estate contracting; risk management; and procurement.
• Responsible for enterprise risk management, including supervision of insurance portfolio and management of large claims.
• Supervise and mentor legal personnel and manage outside counsel and legal budgets.
• Prepare, manage and analyze requests for proposals for legal services, including multistate evaluation of regulatory environment to execute the company's strategic goals.
• Manage intellectual property portfolio of trademarks and patents.
• Support sales efforts by providing strategic advice on transaction structure, terms and conditions and risk mitigation techniques.
• Engage with procurement team to provide reasonable terms and conditions to facilitate and accelerate transactions.
• Participate as member of Strategic Management Team, overseeing all aspects of the company's operations, including strategy, operations, staffing and sales.
- General Counsel / Chief Legal Officer at ONE ENERGY ENTERPRISES LLC
- Director, Corporate / Commercial Counsel at AMERICAN WATER WORKS COMPANY, INC
- Adjunct at RUTGERS SCHOOL OF LAW-CAMDEN
- Vice President, Associate General Counsel at RYAN BECK & CO., INC
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- B.S. - Economics
• Prepare Quarterly Committee Meeting reports by collecting, analyzing and uploading documents to an external electronic database for the Executives and Non-Executive Directors' review and use for the quarterly Board and Committee meetings.
• Work independently and in a team environment on various projects; act as project manager on behalf of the Executive, including planning and coordinating presentations, quarterly Board and Committee Meetings, disseminating information and organizing department-wide events.
• Process all legal department billing, payment requests and expense management.
• Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
• Assist with recruitment efforts, new hire orientations, on-boarding and terminations.
• Act as a liaison with building management on any office-related issues.
• Provides sophisticated calendar management. Prioritizes inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts with little guidance; makes judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
• Provides complex travel arrangements. Becomes families with the specific, detailed needs of the Chief Legal Officer and travel partners; creates consistent travel itinerary portfolios for reference and available during travel times to quickly address any last minute changes or cancellations.
• Accurately tracks expenses for CLO by managing credit cards and receipts. Processes and submits receipts accurately and on schedule.
• Maintains confidentiality and uses a high degree of discretion.
• Act as a liaison with Board of Directors as needed.
• Provides timely and proactive management of the organization's office environment.
• Directly supervises the Legal Administrative Assistant/Billing Coordinator. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's polices and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, making hiring recommendations, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and discipline employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Act as a liaison with IT on all technology-related issues, including rapidly responding to staff problems and network outages.
- Executive Assistant - Chief Legal Officer at QBE North America
- Executive Assistant - Chief Risk Officer/Head of Internal Audit at
- Executive Assistant - Chief Financial Officer at
- Legal Assistant - Vice President & Assistant Secretary at Turner Construction
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Certificate - Management