• Currently serve as the sole legislative aide to a Massachusetts State Representative.
• Legislative duties include assisting in drafting proposed legislation sponsored by the representative, tracking the representative's legislative and budgetary priorities, and researching priority legislative issues in order to brief the representative.
• Further duties include staffing the representative at events at the State House and in the district, managing the representative's schedule, working with constituents and state agencies to resolve constituent cases, drafting correspondence, attending various daytime and evening district meetings and events, and helping to maintain communication with relevant local, state, and federal officials regarding district issues.
- Legislative Aide at Massachusetts House of Representatives
- Campaign Manager at Committee to Elect RoseLee Vincent
- Law Clerk at D'Ambrosio Brown, LLP
- Kevin Harrington Student Ambassador at New Hampshire Institute of Politics
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Politics
- - Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science
Assemblyman Felix W. Ortiz, Sunset Park, Brooklyn 11220
Supervisor: Karen Broughton, (347)-388-6113
$34,000 70 Hours/Weekly Legislative Aide to New York State Assemblyman Felix W. Ortiz. Schedule and planned meetings, hearings and events pertaining to Assemblymember Ortiz's District. Engaged city and state elected officials and intergovernmental persons on behalf of Assemblymember Ortiz. Served as primary point of contact for designated community groups and areas; I attended evening community meetings and reported back its findings to the Assemblymember. I engaged community issues to ensure residents' needs are met. Interviewed, and oriented interns to the office and help manage aspects of the educational internship program. Managed Social Media platform, including Facebook and Twitter. Evaluated grant requests from educational and non-profit organizations. Administered grants by assuring compliance with terms and conditions of contracts. Planned and reviewed grants and contracts to insure achievement of Assemblymember goals for his Assembly District.
• Led a team of three in conducting research on a Street Trolley proposed by the Mayor of the City of New York. We reviewed the impact, cost estimation and the real estate tax assessment done by the New York City Economic Development Corp (NYCEDC).
• Gathered information from community stakeholders on the use of electrical bicycles in the neighborhood. Surveyed businesses in the Sunset Park neighborhood on its use of electrical bicycles. I researched the number of fatalities that had occurred that included electrical bicycles. Results: The assessment's conclusion was that there was a massive increase in electrical bicycle use on the part of businesses in the area. There were numerous near hit and misses between pedestrians and delivery persons. No fatalities occurred but incidents such as running over someone's foot did occur. In January of 2017, Assemblyman Felix W. Ortiz, introduced legislation in the New York State Assembly to have electrical bicycles be licensed by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles.
• Assisted numerous constituents with issues ranging from housing, school placement, and public benefits. Worked alongside with the events coordinator and non-profit organizations in the neighborhood to coordinate events. Surveyed senior citizen homes in the Sunset Park neighborhood on the amount of available residential units in each senior home. Results: Successfully assisted over 60 constituents. Assemblyman Felix W. Ortiz introduced and successfully passed legislation to have the New York State Department of Financial Services post their phone number to its website. Worked alongside the events coordinator to successfully bring much needed additional city and state resources to the neighborhoods of Sunset Park & Red Hook. Identified and brought to the attention of the Assemblyman the need for additional senior citizen homes in both Sunset Park & Red Hook.
- Legislative Aide at New York State Assembly
- Legislative Intern at New York State Senate
- Team Leader for Hope at The NYC Street Survey at Hostos Community College
- Veteran Outreach Coordinator at Fordham University
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelors 2.5 - Economics
- Regents Diploma - PROFESSIONAL LEADERSHIP TRAINING
Legislative Aide Internship
• Wrote 10 memos for policy suggestions
• Coordinated 15 public events a week, with 3 legislative aides, and 100 audiences in each event
• Maintained Legislative Reference Bureau database of 12,000+ LRBs, and enhanced the database for quicker access
• Covered 10 press events a week to highlight the upcoming events for the Representative to attend
- Legislative Aide Intern at Office of Rep. Mark Spritzer's, Democratic Leadership Caucus Chair, Madison, USA
- Health Policy and Technology Internship at Vall d'Hebron Hospital, 5th top hospital system, Barcelona, Spain
- Research Assistant at Center of Modern Turkish Studies, Prof. Muzaffer Şenel
- Office Administrator at International Relations Office, Istanbul Şehir University
1 month at this Job
- Erasmus Exchange Student - Political Science and International Relations
- Bachelor's - Political Science and International Studies
· As Senior Legislative Aide, I was responsible for overseeing the day-to-day functions of the Senate Insurance Chairman's office, working with interested parties, constituents, and other offices to evaluate and pass legislation, and being the policy point-of-contact for the office.
- Senior Legislative Aide at Ohio Senate
- Legislative Aide - Chairman Bob Hackett at Ohio Senate
- Leadership Floor Manager at Ohio House of Representatives
- Page Resource Center Manager at Ohio House of Representatives
at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Political Science / Pre-Law
• Works with the Representative on policy issues including criminal justice reform, healthcare innovation and Constitutional law.
• Manages the office and works with staff to coordinate political, policy, and legislative goals.
• Builds a legislative agenda and worked with committee staff to manage a wide range of technology, healthcare, and reform legislation.
- Legislative Aide at FLORIDA HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
- State Political Director at TM Strategic Consulting
- Legislative Liaison at Office of the Governor of Kansas
- Field Director at Marco Rubio for U.S. Senate
2 months at this Job
- Certificate in Spanish Language - Spanish Language
- Bachelor of Science - Government, Business, and History
- Associate Degree - Proficient
Researched and tracked legislative measures and committees
● Managed social media and created graphic designs for publishing
● Organized community events and wrote newsletters for constituents
- Legislative Aide at Hawaii House of Representatives
- Case Manager at Community Empowerment Resources
- Elementary ESL Teacher at Whitehall City Schools
- Site Coordinator, Instructor at Ethiopian Tewahedo Social Services
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's of Science - Education
- Managed constituent outreach and services including; filing for disability benefits and Medicaid, claiming property through Illinois' ICash Program, and assisted in obtaining professional licenses through the Illinois Department of Professional and Financial Regulation. - Coordinated legislative efforts between various offices on a multitude of complex policy issues in areas such as health care, hospitality and human services. - Produced press releases, media advisories, social media posts, speeches and legislative talking points. - Maintained database of constituent correspondence and responded to questions and concerns regarding legislative initiatives. - Provided support for constituent outreach events on popular issues with 50-300 attendees. - Attended and participated in community meetings for various neighborhood associations regularly.
- Legislative Aide at Office of Illinois State Representative Sara
- Field Director at Office of Illinois State Representative Sara
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- BA in Political Science - Political Science
Legislative Session * Assist legislator and Colorado House staff with written, administrative, and logistical support. o Conduct written policy research on an extensive range of legislative policy issues including but not limited to: Colorado State tax legislation, public safety legislation, marijuana legislation, election data security, oil and gas, agricultural/water legislation. o Maintain and expand relationships with lobbyists, constituents and prominent community members in Delta, Mesa, and Denver Counties. o Attend formal and informal events/meetings on behalf of Representative Matt Soper.
- Legislative Aide at Colorado House of Representatives
- at Colorado House of Representatives
- Criminal Investigations Intern - Major Crimes at Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI)
- Security and Defense Fellow at Lynx Global Intelligence
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
Research and analyze federal, state and local laws and policies related to human services, education, workforce development, and corrections priorities. Author studies, reports, and other legislative communication. Convene stakeholders, secure and coordinate advocates support. Draft legislation, resolutions, fact sheets and Senator testimony. Represent Senator and district on boards and committees. Gather information from legislative and executive branch staff and officials, and mitigate constituent challenges. Educate internal and external stakeholders about policies and the legislative process.
- Legislative Aide at Nebraska Unicameral Legislature
- Director of Development/Development Consultant at Brain Injury Alliance of Nebraska (BIA-NE)
- Adjunct Faculty at Doane University
- Executive Director at National Hemophelia Foundation - Nebraska Chapter
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Master's - Management - Leadership
- Bachelor's - Public Administration
- Associate - Academic Transfer
- None - Sociology
• Manage Representative Unes' social and legislative calendar
• Manage communication and casework for constituents in the 91st District
• Assist with the planning and organizing of community outreach program events
• File and keep track of bill opinions
• Establish and maintain relationships with media contacts
• Form press releases and maintain social media accounts
• Attend meetings and events on the Representative's behalf
- Legislative Aide at State Representative Mike Unes
- Campaign Assistant at Citizens for Unes
- Hostess at Lariat Steakhouse
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Communication
- Associates Degree in General Studies - General Studies