- Legislative Assistant at Senator Frank B. Aguon, Jr
5 months at this Job
- High school Diploma
As a Legislative Assistant, I serve as the principal aide to my senator and directly handle matters of Senate importance on behalf of the senator. I serve as the strategic liaison with Senate staff for the coordination of communications between my senator and other departments. I maintain files and records, answer telephone and email inquiries, and provide information as requested to legislators, staff, and the general public. Additionally, I use good judgement to handle constituent issues, difficult situations, and complex problems, as well as compile confidential information and data.
- Legislative Assistant at State Senator Karin Housley
- Communications Director - Campaign Year at Minnesota State Republican Party
- Bank Teller at First National Bank Minnesota
- Marketing Intern- Mosaic at Dell
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelors in Political Science - Psychology
Worked as the Legislative Assistant to the Lovejoy District Councilmember. Responsibilities included
● Working with community members and district Block clubs to address community concerns and needs.
● Scheduled meeting and events with other elected officials, community leaders, developers, and city departments heads.
● Research laws and ordinances
● Help plan capital projects within the District.
- Legislative Assistant at City of Buffalo
- Director of Operations at PUSH Buffalo/BNSC
- Warehouse Supervisor at Rosina Foods
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Information Systems Security
- Regents Diploma in technology
• Publicly served as a district office legislative assistant
• Drafted and edited legislation, newsletter and letters of correspondence and talking points
• Tracked and staffed legislation, researched and reviewed policies
• Attended community events on behalf of Senator
• Directed incoming calls to appropriate staff and/or government agencies
• Reviewed and documented Virginia General Assembly Senate Floor sessions
• Met and greeted district constituents in regards to legislative issues, concerns, or resolutions
• Sorted and distributed mail to appropriate staff
• Managed constituent casework files and database system
• Actively participated in campaign canvass re-election
- Legislative Assistant at Commonwealth of Virginia Senate
- Staffing Specialist at PeopleReady
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Government
As the Legislative Assistant to Democratic Caucus PA State Representative Brian K. Sims, I am
responsible for receiving and handling of legislative matters at the district office. Several of my
duties include the following:
• Initial receiving and screening of all incoming scheduling requests received via phone or email for Representative Sims.
• Outlook calendar management for all scheduling of meetings, phone calls, media events and public events for Representative Sims.
• Outlook calendar management scheduling for all interns and other district office staff.
• Supply inventory and ordering of all district office supplies.
• Sorting and distribution of all incoming mail.
• Tracking and Forwarding of all employee reimbursement requests.
• Interfacing with constituents regarding concerns and meeting requests for Representative Sims.
• Data Entry of all pertinent information into the State database.
• Responsible for all business banking related issues for the district office.
- LEGISLATIVE ASSISTANT at PA HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES- DISTRICT OFFICE
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/RECEPTIONIST at OFFICE TEAM-UNIVERSITY CITY SCIENCE CENTER
- ADMINISTRATIVE/STUDIO SUPPORT at FLOSS BARBER INC
- EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT at STEEL, DOEBLEY & GLASSMAN, P.C
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- None - Biology/Pre-Med
• Sit in on daily legislative proceedings
• Attend committee meetings and record events
• Retrieve bills and documents from Representatives' and Senators' offices
• Draft weekly report summarizing important events each week
- Legislative Assistant at Regular Legislative Sessions
- at Hyvee
- Italian Clerk at Hyvee
- Parking Lot Attendant at Keystone Event Staffing
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts
Serve as legislative assistant and administrative assistant to four attorneys, including the Partner-in-Charge of the Columbus office.
● Review legislation, conduct research, and prepare analysis to distribute to attorneys and clients.
● Monitor and track pending state and federal legislation and provide reports to government affairs clients.
● Submit legal documents through e-file with state courts.
● Coordinate legislative, client, fundraising and other firm events and receptions.
● Assist with coordinating grassroots efforts on state and federal legislation.
● Responsible for attorney compliance with federal and state lobbying registration and reporting and political action committee reporting.
● Collaborate with the government relations team to create legislative action steps.
● Manage multiple calendars to include coordination and scheduling of meetings, conference calls, and travel arrangements.
● Prepare correspondence, create billing reports, and submit invoices for payment.
● Manage and maintain files in the document management system.
● Prepare reports and PowerPoint presentations for attorneys and clients.
● Process and submit expenses and manage political and charitable contributions.
● Provides daily support to regional office administrator in facilities management, HR, and staff workflow.
- Legislative Assistant/Administrative Assistant at Roetzel & Andress
- Intern at Speaker John Boehner
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
Legislative Assistant to a State Representative; Responsible for implementing, directing and executing outreach programs throughout the district; Oversaw constituent outreach and correspondence, including managing primary email for the Rep.; Collaborated with team for event planning, office policies, green policies and social media outreach; Trained in database software, MS Office; Provided database training to district office staff.
- Legislative Assistant to State Representative at State of Pennsylvania - Democratic House Caucas
- Attorney/Owner at KIMBERLY A. SHUBERT, ESQ
- Of Counsel Attorney at Law Office of Lawrence W. Luttrell, P.C
- Associate attorney for construction law practice at VOSE BLAU & HAYES LAW OFFICE
at this Job
- J.D. - Law
- B.A. - ZOOLOGY
Legislative and policy professional with exceptional command of House protocol and procedure. Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as data tracking proficiency to facilitate an effective and efficient legislative agenda. CONGRESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Congressman Trey Hollingsworth (R-IN) Washington, D.C. June '17-February '19 Legislative Assistant * Manage the Member's agriculture, appropriations, energy, environment, foreign affairs, immigration, substance use, telecommunications, and transportation policy portfolios * Deliver policy expertise and analysis for all legislative items, roundtable discussions, industry speeches, and relevant Member communications in these portfolios * Responsible for drafting the Member's vote recommendations as well as ensuring the Member is aware of the House Floor schedule and procedures * Authored more than a dozen letters on behalf of the Member to executive branch officials * Foster relationships with Indiana agriculture, telecommunications, and transportation and infrastructure business and government stakeholders
- Legislative Assistant at Congressman Trey Hollingsworth (R-IN)
- Legislative Correspondent at Congressman Trey Hollingsworth (R-IN)
- Legislative Correspondent/Special Projects Coordinator at Congressman Frank Guinta
- Paid Intern at Congressman Ron DeSantis
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science - Political Science
Legislative Assistant, September 2015 - September 2017
• Manage policy portfolio spanning broad range of issue areas, including agriculture, appropriations, energy, environment, financial services, healthcare, housing, international trade/investment, science, tax, and transportation/infrastructure
• Oversee and draft legislation/initiatives to: prioritize youth aging out of foster care in the provision of housing assistance; limit adverse effects of offsets in defense trade for U.S. and U.S. defense industrial base; expand specialized medical treatment options for infants suffering from opioid exposure; promote parks and outdoor recreation in urban areas
• Lead investigation into Congressionally chartered organization (e.g., draft letters, examine documents, build reports)
• Develop and draft bill summaries, floor speeches, letters, policy memoranda, talking points, and vote recommendations
• Hold meetings, build coalitions, correspond, and negotiate with Congressional staff, Committee staff, constituents, Executive branch agencies, foreign officials, business/industry stakeholders, and outside organizations
- Senior Legislative Assistant/Counsel at
- Wilson Foreign Policy Fellow at Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
- Contract Attorney at ROBERT HALF LEGAL
- Intern at UNITED STATES HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- - International & European Law
- B.A. - History & B.A