Promoted to oversee a team of Home Equity Line of Credit Underwriters within the End of Draw department. Provide hands- on leadership to direct reports to ensure alignment to internal processes and compliance with external regulations. Built a positive team culture based on engagement, communication, and consistency Serve as Founder and Chair of Service Committee, Chair of the Community Support Volunteer Committee, and Chair of the Fun Committee. Credit, Lending, and Production Management o Facilitated 1:1 meetings with employees to provide coaching and mentoring to hit Key Performance Indicators (KPI), such as Production, Quality, and Customer Satisfaction as well as Career Development. o Selected by executive leadership to lead the Center of Excellence Underwriting Team; ensured best-in-class service for customers with greater than $1M in assets. o Act as a mentor sharing best practices in Pipeline Management, Daily Underwriting Reporting, Lending Manager Daily Expectations, and Internal Communications. Represented Underwriting on numerous Project Calls to improve workflow. o Led in-depth monthly audits and Underwriter pipeline reviews to ensure compliance; coached underwriters on all findings, including developing and managing ~~~~~~~~~ performance or action plans. Selected Highlights & Key Achievements o Increased CSAT levels by 36% within 6 months by personally stepping in to provide swift resolution to all internal banker issues, as well as customer issues and escalations along with creating underwriting process efficiencies by leading collaboration across departments to improve performance. o Improved division-wide Customer Survey scores by more than 20%; created and led the Service Committee to review procedures and workflow with the goal of improving the customer experience by collaborating with Underwriting, Processing, and Support Staff. o Achieved a #1 ranking in an annual anonymous survey of direct reports; recognized as the only Manager in Home Equity to receive all Top 5 ratings on every question - three consecutive years while managing two different teams. o Decreased the redraw rate from 40% to <2% by reviewing processes, listening to customer feedback, and emphasizing internal collaboration to resolve customer issues.
- Lending Manager at Center of Excellence Underwriting Team
- at WELLS FARGO
- Loan Administration Manager at WELLS FARGO
10 years, 2 months at this Job
Managed a department of 55 team members engaged in making lending decisions on a wide range of products. Ensured underwriting and customer service levels were met, monitored credit quality, ensured compliance with all appropriate bank policies and regulations.
• Worked with business unit managers to understand servicing needs and recommend adjustments to provide improved turnaround times and customer service.
• Defined sales goals, metrics and tracking.
• Developed and executed appropriate communications, processes and sales training and maintained knowledge of product and delivery channels.
• Hired Lending Manager, underwriters and set up a training program.
• Coached and trained underwriters to make sound credit decisions.
• Alleviated borrower hardships, while maintaining quality and efficient decisioning metrics.
• Managed pipeline that started with 7000 customers in the pipeline maintaining it at 450 customers.
• Improved Q12 survey scores from 3.5 to 4.62.
- Lending Manager 2 at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
- Lending Manager/Regional Fulfillment Manager Renovation Department at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
- Assignment Underwriter at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
- Marketing Growth & Development Consultant at Wells Fargo Bank
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - (BS), Finance
• Post mortgage crisis, handpicked by senior executives to manage originations for the Chase Residential Mortgage Bank for Midtown Manhattan, becoming the youngest V.P. Lending Manager in the northeast region.
• Managed beginning-to-end transaction processes, involving the creation of deal structure, analysis of cash flow and stress testing to evaluate risk, and leveraged problem resolution skills to ensure deals closed within contract dates. Delivered a 70% closing ratio and a 0% early delinquency/loan loss ratio. Closed over $35M in loan volume per month.
• Recruited, trained, and managed a lending team of 22 employees, grown from a team of 3, while department staffing levels had fallen by nearly 30%. Achieved 2013 Lending Manager award for least attrition in the nation.
• During one of the toughest regulatory environments in the industry, led the region in quality control metrics to ensure loans met regulatory requirements for both internal and external audit standards, ranked in the top 10% nationally. Spearheaded a quality control task force to help improve loan quality for the region.
• Partnered with capital markets, operations, and underwriting on a special task force to improve pipeline management; developed new process flows for exception desk underwrites to increase utilization and reduce flow time. Regional customer service metrics improved by more than 10% post pilot roll-out.
- Vice President, Lending Manager at JPMORGAN CHASE
- Vice President, Senior Wholesale Manager at Retail Bank Wholesale Team
- Assistant Vice President at Retail Sales Wholesaler
- Associate, Personal Banker at
4 years at this Job
- MBA - Real Estate Finance
- - Elected Leadership
Complete daily Lending reports, supervise multiple employees, monitor lending trends and develop marketing campaigns. I also share the responsibility of training new employees on processing loans and guide employees working to earn Lending authority.
- LENDING MANAGER at Eagle Federal Credit Union
- I supervise two employees maintain a teller drawer at Department of Corrections Credit Union
- BRANCH MANAGER at Department of Corrections Credit Union
- BRANCH MANAGER/LOAN OFFICER at Department of Corrections Credit Union
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management - Business Management
• Recruited, interviewed, and hired new team members bringing value to the home preservation lending department by building a team which included ten team members without prior underwriting experience.
• Conducted monthly one-on-one meetings with team members to provide performance evaluations, resolve issues, administer corrective action plans, and establish professional development plans.
• Analyzed financial statements and tax returns to complete the underwriting process.
• Managed work flow within a team of up to twelve underwriters, perform capacity planning, and load leveling with partner underwriting teams.
• Reviewed escalation files to perform income analysis and policy exceptions on the most complex files.
- LENDING MANAGER at Wells Fargo & Company
- RISK MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT at Wells Fargo & Company
- QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER at Wells Fargo & Company
- CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER at Wells Fargo & Company
8 years at this Job
- Bachelor Of Science - Political Science
- Bachelor Of Science - Economics
Manage a team of multi-delegated Consumer Loan Underwriters (SLR). Accountable for managing team productivity, quality of work, customer & partner experience, approve loans in excess of team member authorities and ensure adherence to bank policies and processes. I have led several initiatives as a project manager for tool enhancements and rollout; developed and implemented training strategies that support underwriting and policy/procedure efficiencies. Currently maintain multiple delegations within various investors; FHA, VA and USDA, as well as manage team members with diverse delegations. Subject Matter Expert for our department with the specialty reviews; disaster, bankruptcy, SIMO, litigation and liquidation. Provide continued mentorship for newer managers and peers. Host regular partnership calls to support consistency within our business line.
- Lending Manager at Wells Fargo
- Consumer Loan Underwriter III /Team Lead at
- at Real Estate Express
- Senior Underwriter/Manager at Express Mortgages
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelors in Science - Business Administration
- Associates of Applied Science - Criminal Justice
• Strong leader in loan origination. Great knowledge of local and Federal lending guidelines
• Manager of the Mortgage Department
• Met and exceeded production goals
• Diligently reviewed the specialty loan portfolio for compliance with all reporting requirements
• Communicated regularly with management regarding portfolio performance and new loan transaction quality
• Adhered to all federal and state compliance guidelines relative to retail mortgage lending
• Guided senior-level credit officers with complex loan applications
• Performed daily maintenance of the loan applicant database
• Analyzed applicants' financial status, credit and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan
• Determined appropriate rate locks, issuance of disclosures, overage and underage waivers and fee waivers
• Educated customers on the variety of loan products and available credit options
• Produced annual mortgage department budget
• Business development to procure new business and accounts
- Mortgage Lending Manager / Loan Officer at Chartway Federal Credit Union
- Relationship Manager at JP Morgan Chase
- Mortgage Loan Consultant at Wachovia / Wells Fargo & Co
- Mortgage Loan Officer at American Equity Mortgage
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- - Geography
- Masters in Business Administration - Business Administration
I support a staff that cover 16 bank branches for mortgage lending.
- Area Lending Manager at JPMorgan Chase
- Sales Branch Manager at Wells Fargo
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Management
Responsible for building a team. Reviewing effecincies to streamlines origination processes. Interview clients for various real estate lending products. Monitor pipeline for projections to senior management, and to ensure we meet all closings. With senior management support I recomend new products and procedures and implement the training and marketing of the product line.
- Real Estate Lending Manager at Launch FCU
- Sales Manager-Loan Consultant/ loanDepot at
- Branch Manager-Loan Consultant at Atlantic Bay Mortgage
- Sales Manager-Loan Consultant at SunTrust Mortgage
10 months at this Job
- - Business
• Manage 17 Team Members, comprised of 1 manager, 7 direct and 9 indirect.
• Managed both remote Team Members and In-office Team Members.
• Level C underwriting delegation in FHA, VA, and USDA portfolios.
• Partnering with Quality Control, Compliance, and Operational Risk Teams, attending weekly calls, identifying Quality issues and changes.
• Working with Senior Leaders on high risk issues related to Second Level Review.
• Relationship building with HPU, HPS, and QC to communicate upstream and downstream of current position, viewing bigger scope internal and external.
• Second Level Review Subject Matter Expert for consumer lending regulatory requirements including SLVAM, DARTS, policy and procedures. Attending calls for changes and updates.
• Proven record of working in different environments with different personalities.
- Lending Manager 2 at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
- Quality Manager 3 at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
- Lending Manager 2 at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
- Nowline Supervisor 2 at Wells Fargo Financial
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Economics and Business Management