I worked at the Kansas City Public Library Waldo Branch for about a year and a half as a library aide. As a library aide I cleaned up the library and put the books on the shelves.
- Library Aide at Kansas City Public Library
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
The student Library Aide is responsible for assisting patrons with all research and library-resource needs.
- Library Aide at Hiebert Library
- Shop Assistant at Cooks Communications
2 months at this Job
- - Communication
- Associate - Communication
The Library Aide is primarily responsible for accurately shelving library materials, such as books, DVDs, CDs, and audiobooks. Duties include sorting returned items by call number, transporting carts between floors, shelving materials in the correct order, and straightening up floors and the end of the day. Other duties may include shifting (moving) items, shelf reading (checking for proper order), and assisting with routine clerical tasks.
- Library Aide at Southfield Public Library
- Adult Services Page at BLOOMFIELD TOWNSHIP PUBLIC LIBRARY
- Dishwasher/ Prep Cook at Steve's Deli
- Fry Cook/Lobby Cleaner at McDonald's
3 months at this Job
- Associate - Psychology
- High School Diploma
As a Library Aide my job was to greet people as they came through the door, ensure a positive attitude to those who had questions or concerns, answer phone calls, consistent checks around the library, moving books from first floor to second daily or vice versa, checking patrons in and out while addressing any late fees they could have, insuring printer, coffee, and copying machines were full at all times, locating books, cleaning the library equipment and couches, and reporting lost/stolen items.
- Library Aide at Al Harris Library
- Gym Staff at Planet Fitness
- Veterinarian Assistant at
7 months at this Job
- - Graphic Design
- - General Education
Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Philadelphia, Pa (2018-2019)
· Filed volunteer and outreach information
• Created outreach packages for events
• Created mailing for new patrons
• Sorted and filed materials
- Library Aide at Library for the Blind and Handicapped
- Teacher's Assistant - Volunteer at Feltonville Intermediate School
- Lunch Monitor at Francis Willard School
- Library Assistant - Volunteer at Library of Philadelphia
3 months at this Job
- - Technology and Specialized Business
- Vocational - Cosmetology
• Manage the planning, administrative and budgetary functions of library and information services.
• Establish and implement library and information policies and procedures.
• Prepare reports related to library and information services, technology and media services, resources and activities.
• Sort books, publications, and other items according to established procedure and return them to shelves, files, or other designated storage areas.
• Open and close library during specified hours and secure library equipment, such as computers and audio-visual equipment.
• Locate library materials for patrons, including books, periodicals, tape cassettes, Braille volumes, and pictures.
• Enter and update patrons' records on computers.
• Answer routine inquiries and refer patrons in need of professional assistance to librarians.
- Library Aide at Greenville Library
- Correction Officer at Department of Corrections
- Aircraft Launch and Recovery Technician at Department of Navy
11 months at this Job
- - Cosmetology
- Bachelor's Degree - Film and Production
- Vocational School Certificate - Cosmetology
- Diploma - EMT
➢ Reference work
➢ Operate office equipment including photocopy machine, fax machine, computer and scanner.
➢ Maintain library collection by shelving in alphabetical and numerical order
➢ Charging and discharging of book
➢ Enter members in online database
➢ Register new members for the library
➢ File documents
➢ Conduct school visits
➢ Tally number of user and books used each day
➢ Record the days activities in log book
- Library Aide at Jamaica Library Service, Portland Parish Library Network
- Office Assistant at HEART
16 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Business Management
Manage Google Analytics account for library website and report insights to optimize page load times and user experience
● Conducted research on industry standards to help draft a more equitable book replacement policy for the library
● Selected and implemented a system to print holds information on thermal paper, saving hours of staff time per week
- Library Aide at Bozeman Public Library
- Collections Assistant at UC Berkeley Bancroft Library - Digital
- Processing and Digitization Consultant at UC Berkeley Environmental Design Archives
5 years at this Job
- Master's in Library and Information Science - Library and Information Science
- Bachelor's in English - English
Work in the circulation desk. Making sure everything is up to date. Checking in and out of books or library materials and resources. Making sure all of the patrons accounts are updated on a regular basis.
- Library Aide at Goshen public library
- Library Assistant at
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Communications
* Working with Horizon Software, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint * Facilitated Library based Programs * Close attention to detail especially dealing with customer transaction * Checking in and Checking out books to patrons * Handling Customer Accounts
- LIBRARY AIDE at Charlotte Mecklenburg Library
- CATERING SALES ASSISTANT at SWEET CREATIONS OF CHARLOTTE
- SUPERVISOR FOR ARAMARK at Duke University Hospital
- Social Mix Hostess/Guest Care Associate at COURTYARD MARRIOTT AND RESIDENCE INN
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- MA - Foreign Language Teaching
- Filling out Certificate of Eligibility in the Migrant Education
- BA - Hispanic Studies