Worked as a Library Associate in the Circulation Department of Middleton Library from Spring 2016 to my graduation in May 2017 Associate tasks included assisting patrons with book, media, and resource checkouts, research assistance and inventory searches using ISBNs, maintenance and logging of library inventory, bill payment facilitation, knowledge and comfort with the library itself to direct patrons, and common clerical duties as needed Skills emphasized were reliable and effective interpersonal communication with patrons, patience and efficiency during busier hours, knowledge of library classification systems, technical experience with relevant library software, data entry, and familiarity handling primary source materials as well as detailed scans of educational resources, InterLibrary Loans, and RapidILL transfers
- Library Associate at Middleton Library, Louisiana State University
- Call Center Representative at LSU Foundation, Louisiana State University
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology
• Created and implement programming for life skills students
• Integrated life skills students to library and library services
• Performed outreach to schools and other community service providers
• Created and conducted STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) programs for young adults and children
• Created and Implemented Age Specific Programs
• Maintained an ongoing knowledge of age-level literature and developments in the field
• Provided support for job seekers: helped customers prepare resumes and cover letters
• Conducted Library Associate I duties
- Library Associate II at Enoch Pratt Free Library
- Library Associate I at Enoch Pratt Free Library
- Office Assistant II at Enoch Pratt Free Library
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Arts - Business Management
Reference desk duties such as answering phones, using resources such as the internet and other
software to supply patrons with information such as request for books.
*Facility, computer and security troubleshooter.
*Reports of various kinds such as partron usage statistics, event and meeting records, and daily
circulation reports, etc.
• Circulation duties included various reports, patron accounts, fines, hold requests, and check-out materials, preparing bank deposits.
• Outreach at community fairs, public and private schools, and recreation centers distributing literature, enrolling patrons, and story-time.
• Coordinator of volunteers at branch interviewing, selecting, training, supervising, and evaluating participants.
• Liaison of GED program at branch supporting staff thru registration, tests, attendance reporting.
• Adult event programmer planning, implementing, and coordinating adult programs of culture, civic, career, health, and financial concerns.
• Check-in, shelve and perform shelf-reading duties, and weeding of collection.
• Inventory of library materials using PC.
• Solicit sponsors in the community for program support.
• Acquisition of new library materials-selecting, ordering and meeting budget requirements. *Publicity of events using Library Aware software, and coordinating with senior staff announcements. * Assisted with audit preparation of branch, safety reports of facility, stayed abreast of policy and procedure changes. *Coordinated with central staff as needed and supported co-workers when needed helping with their duties and events. *PIC in absence of the manager, cross trained in all operations. Began part time as a Page, promoted to Library Associate.
- Library Associate at Dallas Public Library
- Volunteer at Various Establishments
9 years, 1 month at this Job
- Certificate - Microsoft Office Suite 2010
- Cont Educ - Cont Educ
- Graduate School - Business Administration
- BSBA - Bus Admin
- Diploma - Clerical Practice, Bus Law, Accounting, Data Processing. English Literature and Writing, History World and African, Fine Arts Jewelry Sketches and Photography
* Conduct Storytime's and assist with guest library programs; * Perform reader's advisory assistance to guests using local materials, online resources, and other appropriate tools; * Review materials and recommend additions and deletions to collections, withdraw materials as needed per established guidelines.
- Library Associate at Chula Vista Public Library
- Resource Specialist Aide at South Bay Union School District
- Library Assistant at Chula Vista Public Library
- Library Aide at Chula Vista Public Library
23 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's in Sociology and Mexican American Studies - Sociology and Mexican American Studies
- Associate Degree - General Studies
• Registers new patrons: enters/updates patron information in computer; and prepares new and replacement library cards.
• Provide Customer service to Library patrons.
• Assist with Developing and presenting special programs, children's programs, tours, storytelling, library activities, and outreach programs for various populations.
• Ensuring that library services meet the needs of particular groups (e.g. Daycare Center Staff, Elementary, Middle, and High School students).
• Assists in planning and delivering programming to targeted audience.
• Provide reader's advisory, and reference assistance for all age groups utilizing print and electronic resources.
• Monitor computer area, explains/enforces library rules for use of computers/Internet; performs basic maintenance and troubleshooting of computer systems and library equipment.
• Assist preparing or completes various forms, reports, such as desk schedules, statistical reports, library cards, voter registration forms, supply requisitions, flyers, signs, or other documents as assigned.
- Library Associate at Atlanta-Fulton Public Library/ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Branch
- Library Associate at Atlanta-Fulton Public Library /Central Library Children's Department
- Library Associate at Atlanta Fulton Public Library/ Wolf Creek Branch
- Library Associate at Atlanta - Fulton Public Library/ M.L.K. Branch
5 months at this Job
- Master of Library and Information Science - Library and Information Science
Serving library customers, in person and over the phone, in finding information, obtaining materials,and maintaining their accounts, organizing materials coming off the automatic materials handler,processing customer requests for materials, communicating with staff members.
- Library Associate at Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library
- Electronic Payments Specialist at Capitol Federal Savings
- Customer Service Representative at Capitol Federal Savings
- Freelance Writer at Topeka Magazine, XYZ Magazine, seveneightfive magazine
1 month at this Job
- B.S.E. in English and Social Sciences - English and Social Sciences
- B.A. in English - English
Library Associate 2 Shasta Libraries, Redding Branch Library Systems & Svc 3560 University Ave, Riverside, CA Auditor/Team Leader RGIS Inventory Specialists 2585 Ceanothus Ave # 178, Chico, CA Real Estate Salesman Michele Zustak, Realtor 30360 Smith Logging Road, Oak Run, CA Office Manager John G. , D.D.S., Inc. 635 Anderson Road, Suite 16, Davis, CA
- Library Associate II at Shasta Libraries, Redding Branch
at this Job
- Associate degree - Liberal Arts
Apply knowledge of history, community concerns and current issues to deliver library services to patrons at Monroe Correctional Center, Twin Rivers Unit. * Apply excellent communications skills to provide library patrons with reference services * Develop and maintain collections, undertake purchasing, and weed library materials * Oversee interlibrary loan services * Ensure compliance with organizational rules, policies and procedures of the Washington State Library and the Department of Corrections * Find areas in the collection that are underdeveloped, and build them up in keeping with the needs and interests of our patrons Accomplishments: * Enhanced diversity of collections, devoting significant funds from non-fiction budget to acquire materials on Native American history, serving needs of diverse community which includes many Native American library patrons * Engaged in successful team building: hired, trained, and led 4-member team of library clerks * Created and implemented library programming, initiating and leading book discussions
- LIBRARY ASSOCIATE at Washington State Library
- VOLUNTEER LIBRARIAN at University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
- COLLECTIONS LIBRARIAN at District of Columbia Public Library
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Library and Information Science - Library and Information Science
- Bachelor of Arts - History
1. Assist patrons with any questions regarding materials, computers, printing, and events at the library. 2. Shelf maintenance 3. Inventory management 4. Event/Program set up
- Library Associate at Hillsborough County Library Services
- Busser at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
- Textbook Associate at Barnes & Noble
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - English- Creative Writing
All work associated with Library Associate including Circulation Desk, Shelving, Story Teller, FLYP Worker, STEM Activity Leader, Assistant Trainer for new staff. Advanced proficiency in Polaris, Schedule Anywhere, ADP Workforce, Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Power Point and Internet Research and Browsing. Proficient in Microsoft Excel spreadsheets. Excellent customer service skills and problem solving skills. Excellent at handling difficult patrons and difficult situation. Called upon frequently by other staff to intervene with difficult patrons, situations and public computer use.
- Library Associate/Story Teller/FLYP and STEM worker/Assistant Trainer at Library Services and Systems
- Care Coordinator/Scheduler/Care Giver at Comfort Keepers
- Church Secretary and Church Publications and Brochures at First Baptist Church of Inverness
- Business Owner/Office Manager/Bookkeeping Services at Shelley's Office Services
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- High School Diploma and some college - Accounting, Spanish, Business Management