Library Center - Doylestown, PA
Samuel Pierce Branch - Perkasie, PA
James A. Michener Branch - Quakertown, PA
• Promoted from Circulation Clerk to Library Manager to provide all aspects of operational support to library administration. Managed branches with different levels of customer-service needs, foot traffic, and collection circulation.
• Managing daily operations. Adjusting workflows and staffing as required to meet customer-service needs.
• Overseeing the flow of incoming and outgoing items, and making sure items are displayed properly. Ensuring outdated or shopworn materials are removed from the collection.
• Communicating and interpreting the library's strategic goals, standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines to the staff and the public.
• Staying informed about labor agreements and their effects on library operations. ◦ Involved with negotiations between BCFL and the Collective Bargaining Unit for 2016-2018 contract.
• Participating in library committees and supporting library programming, including: ◦ Organizing "Loud @ the Library" free concert program. ◦ Organizing and leading Squishy Circuit science labs, which involved teaching children the basics of electrical circuits in an environment of play and learning.
• Assisting library administration in the creation of new scheduling guidelines for branch staff.
• Attending continuing education meetings and conferences, including: ◦ PALs (PaLA Acadamy of Leadership Studies). Harrisburg, PA. 2016 ◦ MOAB Training: Managing Aggressive Behavior. Levittown, PA. 2016 ◦ PaLA Conference. State College, PA. 2015 ◦ Computers in Libraries. Washington, DC. 2014 ◦ PLA Boot Camp: Library Management Training. Nashville, TN. 2013
• Providing patrons and staff with one-on-one tech tutoring involving library e-resources.
• Monitoring the interior and exterior of library to make sure they are safe, functionally sound, uncluttered and visually appealing. Also ensuring that library equipment is in working order and submitting requests when maintenance is needed.
• Cash handling and preparing bank deposits. Coding and submitting invoices and cash reimbursements.
• Scheduling of employees. Reviewing and submitting staff time cards.
• Managing the reservation system for the library's meeting and study rooms.
• Writing and providing input for annual staff evaluations. Addressing problems and concerns with staff and examining ways to rectify them.
• Recruiting, training, and scheduling library volunteers.
• Performing the duties of customer service staff.
- Library Manager at Bucks County Free Library
- Circulation Clerk at Bucks County Free Library, James A. Michener Branch - Quakertown, PA
- Freelance Correspondent at
- Receiving Manager at Borders Express/ Waldenbooks
5 years at this Job
- B.A. - English
Employment Duration 28 yrs 6 mos Under the general direction of the Library Network Manager: Manages the day to day operations of the branch including information, circulation, outreach, and programming services Serves as the hiring manager for the site and is responsible for the ongoing development, evaluation, training, and discipline of staff in accordance with Library policies Has overall responsibility for branch appearance and layout, the procurement of furniture and supplies, and the branch's operational budget Develops and implements strategies to enhance the onsite user experience, including using statistics and metrics to tailor services to meet local community needs and drive circulation and attendance. Builds partnerships with local businesses, community organizations, elected officials and community leaders to further strengthen the branch's relationship with their diverse community. Partners with Programming units to develop and facilitate innovative programs for the community's diverse patron base Maintains and updates the Library's collection profile, including merchandising the material and communicating collection needs to the Collection Development team Focuses overall effort on providing exceptional customer service, including rallying the Branch Library team around this goal and resolving patron complaints as needed Collaborates with Library Network Manager and other departments to improve the quality and variety of branch library services, ensure that the site is well-maintained and that technology is operational Stays current in public library matters through professional development, involvement in professional organizations, interlibrary organizations, and attending professional meetings, conferences or workshops Performs related duties as required Server Company Name Good To Go Restaurant Dates Employed Apr 2013 - May 2014 Employment Duration1 yr 2 mos Maintaining clean dining room and adhering to all safety and legal standards. Ability to quickly learn all aspects of new menus and specialties Provide clear, polite and positive communication with diverse guest and coworkers. Ability for putting guest at ease, handling large crowds and maintaining composure in stressful situations. Talents of lifting and carrying large amounts of food safely, securely and gracefully.
- Library Manager, Woodstock Branch at New York Public Library
28 years, 9 months at this Job
- - Business Management/Accounting
- - Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities
- High School Diploma
Aviation Ordnance Personnel, Aug 2017 - April 2019
• Upload/Download, Arm/De-Arm ordnance on F/A-18 EA fighter jets.
• Maintaining accurate count and documentation on explosive material and components.
• Performing maintenance actions on all ordnance related gear and support equipment.
• Check and inspect all ordnance in custody for usage status.
• Data Technical Publications Library manager.
- Data Technical Publications Library manager at US NAVY
- Floor sales personnel/ Customer Service at BIG LOTS
- Cashier/ Cook at TACO BELL
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Provide management to library staff, write grants, create reports, track patron trends, assist in budget creation, provide technical support, and program implementation.
- Library Manager at City of Castroville, TX
- Computer Science Teacher/School Librarian at IDEA Public Schools
- Library Circulation Assistant at Milwaukee Public Library
- Technology Help Desk Supervisor at University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee
6 months at this Job
- Masters of Library and Information Science - Library and Information Science
- Bachelor of Science degree - Studies and Technology
• Supervising, training and on-boarding staff
• Preparing and implementing operating budget totaling $315,000.00
• Statistical analysis
• Oversight of adult and children's programming
• Initiated new programming plan, increasing attendance by 58%
• Readying payroll and invoices
• Engagement with donors and oversight of restricted fund purchasing
• Facilitating bi-monthly Board of Trustee meetings
• Coordination of Regional Affiliate Meetings
• Planning, implementing, and purchasing to fulfill STEAM and MRR grant funding
• Collection development
• Exam proctoring
• Copy cataloging gift or lease items
• Building, supply and equipment maintenance
- Library Manager at Toccoa-Stephens County Public Library
- Circulation Services Manager I-Headquarters at Hall County Library System
- Circulation Services Manager I-Spout Springs Branch at Hall County Library System
- Library Assistant II-Reference Services at Hall County Library System
6 years, 3 months at this Job
- B.S. - General Studies
- A.A. - Political Science
February 2007 - October 2018)
• Corporate Trainer for the EndNote program
• Developed Library Department staff on Policy and Procedures and daily activities of the Library Department
• Managed multiple databases for quality of information and project management, such as DataVision and KnowledgeManager
• Reconciled monthly invoices and managed contract renewals of the database systems
• Utilized skills from previous Project Coordinator position to leverage better efficiencies in the department and cross-department activities.
• Ordered 100+ articles for editorial team monthly from various publishers
• Submitted 60+ abstracts and 85+ manuscripts to medical congresses and journals monthly
• Maintained and processed 1000+ articles into library system database quarterly
- Library Manager at ICON / COMPLETE HEALTHCARE COMMUNICATIONS, INC
- Project Coordinator at ICON / COMPLETE HEALTHCARE COMMUNICATIONS, INC
- Editorial Assistant at ICON / COMPLETE HEALTHCARE COMMUNICATIONS, INC
- Branch Manager at CITIZENS BANK
14 years, 8 months at this Job
- B.A. - Communication Studies
I assist the library manager.
- Library Assistant at Ohio Valley University Library
- Hostess and Server at Olive Garden
- Office Assistant at Ohio Valley University Business and Financial Aid Offices
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Business Administration
A Central Technical Publication Library Manager is responsible for all publications within their maintenance and operations departments. Assisting and conducting audits and ensuring publications are up-to date with the current information to ensure the safety of maintainers and air crew personnel. Duties for a CTPL Manager include:
• Keeping records of publications used for maintenance and operations.
• Updating publications per changes implemented in a timely manner.
• Scheduling and performing audits
• Scheduling personnel
• Running reports
• Multi tasking
• Corresponding with outside sources
• Maintaining custody records
• Ordering and requisitioning publications
• Conducting inventory and currency verification of technical publications.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Uploading software Accomplishments:
• Successfully implemented new process which brought a failing program to on track with 100% effectiveness.
• Managed over digital 26000 publications and 100 paper publications.
• Over saw 53 audits that were all passing.
• In charge of 198000 dollars in equipment.
- Central Technical Publication Library Manager at United States Maine Corps
- Avionics Technician at United States Maine Corps
- Drive Thru Cashier at Raising Canes
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Some college - Nursing
- High school - N/A
Responsibilities included performing administrative duties such as organizing and leading meetings with library staff. Facilitated communication with university staff and students. Organized library resources. Held personal writing consultations with students.
- Library Manager and Writing Center Tutor at Franciscan University Library Austrian Campus
- Lifeguard at Ygnacio Woods Swim Club
- Nanny at
- Gymnastics Coach at Encore Gym
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Social Work
- High school diploma
• Supervise staff (librarian III, Library Assistant III and Custodian II), including performance appraisals, scheduling and training
• Manage programs and activities
• Manage facilities and equipment
• Participate in administrative and community partner meetings
• Carry out promotional and outreach tasks
• Provide day-to-day services to library patrons
- Librarian IV - Library Manager at North Kohala Public Library (HSPLS)
- Assistant Regional Director at Chaleur Regional Office
- Collection Management Librarian at Chaleur Regional Office
- Library Manager at Raymond-Lagacé Library
7 months at this Job
- Master's - Information Science
- Bachelor's - Philosophy
- Bachelor's - French Literature