Chicago, IL 2007-2010
Founded in 1903, The Illinois CPA Society has 24,000 statewide members (corporate, government and not-for-profit) and is the fifth largest state CPA association in the United States. The society is dedicated to enhancing the value of the profession.
Research Specialist & Library Manager
• Utilized print and electronic resources to provide prompt research to inquiries on accounting, audit, tax, and general business topics for member CPAs and other accounting professionals.
• Managed traditional library functions: cataloged all material added to collection; resolved catalog database problems and inconsistencies; maintained serials database; compiled and distributed listing of recent acquisitions.
• Monitored and updated Society's website with timely information pertinent to member CPA needs.
- Research Specialist & Library Manager at CPA SOCIETY
- Business Intelligence & Investigations Analyst at KROLL, INC
- Practicum Student at MCDONALD'S GLOBAL BUSINESS RESEARCH CENTER
- Associate Director at UKRAINIAN CATHOLIC EDUCATION FOUNDATION
3 years at this Job
- Master of Library & Information Science - Knowledge Management
- Master of Business Administration - International Business
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
Was responsible for taking care of all daily library tasks − Dealt with library customers on a daily basis, helping them find books and dealing with customer issues and complaints − Operated the library alone in the absence of my supervisor
- Assistant Library Manager at Annenberg School of Communications Library
- Archaeological Intern at AECOM Burlington, NJ Branch
1 month at this Job
- B.S.E. in Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics - Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics
A Central Technical Publication Library Manager is responsible for all publications within their maintenance and operations departments. Assisting and conducting audits and ensuring publications are up-to date with the current information to ensure the safety of maintainers and air crew personnel.
Duties for a CTPL Manager include:
• Keeping records of publications used for maintenance and operations.
• Updating publications per changes implemented in a timely manner.
• Scheduling and performing audits
• Scheduling personnel
• Running reports
• Multi tasking
• Corresponding with outside sources
• Maintaining custody records
• Ordering and requisitioning publications
• Conducting inventory and currency verification of technical publications.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Uploading software Accomplishments:
• Successfully implemented new process which brought a failing program to on track with 92% effectiveness.
• Managed over digital 26000 publications and 100 paper publications.
• Over saw 53 audits that were all passing.
• In charge of 198000 dollars in equipment.
- Central Technical Publication Library Manager at United States Maine Corps
- Avionics Technician at United States Maine Corps
1 year at this Job
- Some college - Nursing
- High school - N/A
New York, NY
Supervises all aspects of library services at the site. Responsible for driving increased circulation and attendance for the site. Uses statistics and metrics to tailor services and branch staff scheduling to meet local community needs. Responsible for the maintenance and updating of the site collection profile. Responsible for resolving patron complaints and staff performance issues. Ensures that the staff provides sufficient time to public service. Works with Library Network Manager to deliver relevant community-specific programs. Ensures site staff participation in relevant and appropriate training programs. Has final authority for site schedules, money and timesheets. Collaborates with Library Network Manager, Facilities, ITG, and Security administrators and others to ensure that the site is well-maintained. Serves as hiring manager for the site and is responsible for budgeting in PeopleSoft. Plan and schedule team meetings. Performs related duties as required.
• 2013 Sloan Public Service Award Winner.
- Library Manager at The Mott Haven Branch Library
- Office Associate- The Woodstock Branch Library at The Mott Haven Branch Library
10 years at this Job
- Master's - Human Services/Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Arts - Liberal Arts
• Supervising, training and on-boarding staff
• Preparing and implementing operating budget totaling $315,000.00
• Statistical analysis
• Oversight of adult and children's programming
• Initiated new programming plan, increasing attendance by 58%
• Readying payroll and invoices
• Engagement with donors and oversight of restricted fund purchasing
• Facilitating bi-monthly Board of Trustee meetings
• Coordination of Regional Affiliate Meetings
• Planning, implementing, and purchasing to fulfill STEAM and MRR grant funding
• Collection development
• Exam proctoring
• Copy cataloging gift or lease items
• Building, supply and equipment maintenance
- Library Manager at Toccoa-Stephens County Public Library
- Circulation Services Manager I-Headquarters at Hall County Library System
- Circulation Services Manager I-Spout Springs Branch at Hall County Library System
- Library Assistant II-Reference Services at Hall County Library System
6 years, 1 month at this Job
- B.S. - General Studies
- A.A. - Political Science
• Oversees daily library operations, including participating in budget and business plan development and administration, and keeps records/reports to indicate progress and for future planning initiatives. Seeks alternative revenue sources
• Develops, communicates, and implements strategic plans, and establishes long and short-range goals for the library
• Develops, implements, and evaluates special projects, services and programs tailored to library patrons and the local community
• Evaluates building equipment, and collaborates with various departments to address facility-related and physical plant issues and concerns
• Active participant in the Library System Management Team, develops system-wide projects and service teams
• Fosters a strong relationship with library support groups, including the Friends of the Elsie Quirk Library, and networks with other agencies within the County, the community, and the library profession
• Oversees the monitoring and expenditure of library budget
• Develops and implements Standards of Service that ensure the prompt and efficient resolution of each inquiry by internal and external customer, consistently delivered with courtesy and respect
• Delivers superior customer service at all three service desks, including Circulation, Adult Reference, and Youth and Young Adult stations
• Promotes effective communication of information to all internal and external library customers
• Evaluates staffing needs for the branch unit and interview and selects candidates for hire, and manages performance, including administration of corrective action if needed
• Conducts regularly scheduled staff meetings and one-on-one meetings, and mentoring and coaching sessions with employees
• Manages proactive assessments of fraud awareness, prevention, detection, and risk mitigation activities in areas of responsibility
• Oversees financial, compliance, operational and performance audits, and reviews audit findings and ensures appropriate controls are established and implemented
• Provides support and assistance to other library branches within the Sarasota County Library System as needed
- Library Manager II, Elsie Quirk Library at Sarasota County Library System
- Head of Reference / Acting Library Manager at Lee County Library System
- Reference & Programming Librarian at Hamden Public Library
- Library Manager, New Amsterdam Branch at The New York Public Library
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Library and Information Science - Library and Information Science
- Master of Arts in Cinema and Media Studies - Cinema and Media Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication - Communication
1. Manage day to day operations. 2. Oversee Staff. 3. Maintain Financial Records and reports, purchase office and library materials. 4. Customer Service with diverse patrons and promotion of numerous programs for the community. 5. Maintain and clean premise. 6. Designed and worked with Architect and Contractor for a $500,000 renovation and addition to existing building. 7.
- Library Manager at Hollwedel Memorial Library
- Sales Representative/Customer Service at JCPenney
- Library Manager at
19 years, 7 months at this Job
- High school - Public Relations
- High school or equivalent
Description: Electronic Theses/Dissertation Library Administrator / E-Resources Specialist
Electronic Theses/Dissertation Library Administrator
• Provide central oversight and primary contact for ETD practices for graduate school staff and graduate students; University's representative to ProQuest for Electronic Theses and Dissertations.
• Review all theses and dissertations for adherence to GW University Formatting Guidelines.
• Maintain GW ETD website on a Drupal platform; Add and maintain content such as formatting guides, Word Templates to support the ETD submission process.
• Provide solutions to unusual procedural or policy issues in consultation with other departments as needed. Draft policies and procedures documents related to the submission of ETDs.
• Developed and present workshops for graduate students on ETD submission process
• Work with University Office of General Counsel to revise the University's Access/Approval statement between graduate students (authors) and the university.
• Advised and made recommendations to senior University Administrators for revising university copyright policy. Consulted with interested parties within the Library to ensure their input was included in the process.
• Organized and coordinated the library and two graduate schools to manage the integration of incoming Corcoran students into the GW ETD Program; Advised the Associate Dean of CCAS about incoming Corcoran Students concerns.
• Member of an interdepartmental team to define system requirements to include theses and dissertations into the current institutional repository. Electronic Resources Specialist
• Activate new electronic resources and troubleshoot electronic resource access problems.
• Track and process platform changes in the library's Electronic Resource Management (ERM) tool.
• Responsible for collecting electronic resources usage statistics, remaining current on COUNTER Usage statistics, and provide support to collection development librarians with regard to usage statistics.
• Collect and report usage statistics for Association of Research Libraries annual report.
• Maintained Data Resource Report essential for the collection of COUNTER statistics in the ERMs statistic module. Primary contact with the product vendor.
• Assist university community with the application of ISBN for university materials.
- Library Manager I at The George Washington University
- Co-Chair of the Local Planning Committee at 2017 ETD International Symposium
- Library Specialist II at The George Washington University
- Microforms Specialist at The George Washington University
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- MBA - International Business
- Master of Arts - International Relations
● Prepare and manage reports, records, circulation and inventory for 4500+ books, educational materials for 350 students and staff
● Facilitate collection and analysis planning for ongoing resource development and acquisition
● Researched, developed and wrote grant proposals securing $15,000 funding
● Coordinate and manage two annual book fairs with increasing profit margins
● Support common core learning objectives and socio-emotional development
- Library Manager at Los Angeles Unified School District
- Fundraising and Social Media Director | President at Friends of Short Avenue
- Project Manager at Taproot Foundation
- Operations and Marketing Manager at NC4
5 years at this Job
- Masters - Advertising
- Bachelor's - English
Private International School educating children from 3 - 18 years of age. 50 % of the tuition is given in English whilst the remainder is given in Spanish and Catalan .German and French is also taught. It follows the International Baccalaureate Program from Infants through to Primary and Secondary.
- Teaching Assistant & Library Manager at INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL SEK CATALUNYA
- Librarian at CENTRAL PUBLIC LIBRARY OF RETHIMNON
- Student Services Secretary at UNIVERSITY OF CRETE
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Philosophy and Social Studies