Library media specialist for 20 years
- Library Media Specialist at Roanoke City Public Schools
- Library media specialist at
18 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Library media
Self-motivated and dynamic professional with recent master's degree in Library Science & Information Services and a passion for working within the school library environment. Genuinely interested in helping to inspire, guide and build a foundation for children to become curious, active, and independent lifelong learners. Recognized as a creative team player with strong interpersonal, organization, and technical skills. Kansas City Missouri Public Schools, Kansas City, MO-Elementary Library Media Specialist for Gladstone Elementary and Garcia Elementary Schools. August 2018-present Supervises students, parent volunteers and student helpers. Delivers media curriculum outcomes to students in partnership with other teaching staff. Read stories to various grade levels and teach classes.
- MO-Elementary Library Media Specialist at Gladstone Elementary and Garcia Elementary Schools
- Student Teacher at Fort Osage High School
- Student Teacher/Librarian Experiences at Fort Osage Public Schools
- Student Teacher/Librarian Internship at Delta Woods Middle School
7 months at this Job
- Master in Library Science & Information Services - Library Science & Information Services
- Bachelor of Science in General Studies - General Studies
- Associate in Arts
Worked as the Library Media Specialist at Vernon Middle School. Serviced students grade 6th -8th. Duties included balancing campus library budget, maintaining print materials and technology equipment on campus, creating library schedule for classes, teaching research, digital citizenship, and Language Arts lessons, providing technology training for staff, training Library Clerk and in charge of the yearly campus inventory. Provided classroom coverage, taught lessons (all subjects), and a STAAR test administrator as needed. Served as a member of the Site-Based Committee, which ensured district goals were met, and the Campus Climate Committee, which developed campus events to promote a positive campus climate and a positive relationship with the community. Co-Leader of the campus Student Tech Team with the campus technician, which taught students to troubleshoot basic technology problems and provided opportunities for the students to work as campus Geek Squad. Maintained campus website, Facebook, the Library’s Instagram and Twitter account, including creating various graphics for events and taking pictures and uploading them.
- Library Media Specialist at Vernon Middle School
- English Language Arts/Reading Teacher at Memorial Middle School
- Foreign Teacher at Cheonan Poly Magnet School
- Administrative Clerk at University of Texas at Brownsville
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's in Library Science - Library
- Bachelors Degree in English Language Arts/Reading - 4th
Administering and maintaining school library media program, Textbook Coordinator, ACIP Data Specialist, Digital Literacy Coordinator, Instructs multiple media, literacy, and digital literacy classes per week
- Library Media Specialist at Eichold-Mertz Magnet School
- Part-time Technology Teacher at Reading Remdiation
- Character Education Coach at Baldwin County Board of Education ShowMe Character Grant Program
- Second Grade Teacher at Perdido School, Baldwin County Public Schools
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Educational Media
- Bachelor of Science - Elementary Education
· Creekside High School 2017-2019: Librarian, collection manager, manager of library facility& budget, trained and collaborated with schools teaching staff, directed media staff and the media center schedule for the school, spearheaded school Twitter, organize FL literacy week events, maker spaces STEAM, book club, award the Ink grant 2018-19 school year, metal health first aid trained · Ponte Vedra High School 2015-2017: Librarian, textbooks & library collection manager, managing library facility& budget, collaborates with teachers, teaching, collaborates with public library, managed school Twitter & website, organize FL literacy week events, makerspaces, book club & film club sponsor · TV/ Film Teacher August 2015-Novemeber 2015
- Library Media Specialist at St. Johns County School District
- Library Media Specialist at Norfolk Public Schools
- Substitute for Tallwood High 9th grade English Teacher, Fairfield Elementary at Virginia Beach schools
- Western NC, GOTV Regional field director and volunteer coordinator at Erskine Bowles North Caroline Campaign
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Masters of Library Science
- B.A. - Theatre
- High school or equivalent - Theatre
- High school or equivalent
teacher Librarian/Media Specialist
- Library/Media Specialist at Kansas City Kansas Public Schools
- Substitute Teacher at MHED
- Paraprofessional at USD
- at Tonganoxie Elementary
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- M.A. - Educational Administration and Supervision
- B.A. - Elementary Education
• Assist students with research and information literacy skills.
• Collaborate with teachers and administration.
• Manage circulation duties.
• Maintain library book and reference collection.
• Manage media funds.
• Maintain inventory of equipment.
• Regularly attend professional development trainings.
• Promote media center resources.
• Development and implement methods to increase reading among students. *Worked with elementary, middle and high school students in traditional and non-traditional educational environments.
- Library Media Specialist at Atlanta Public Schools
- Elementary Special Education Teacher at Bibb County Public Schools
- Elementary Special Education Teacher at Talbot County Public Schools
12 years, 2 months at this Job
- Doctor of Education - Curriculum Studies
- M. Ed. - Educational Leadership
- - Education
Strong belief in raising lifelong readers and learners by building a love of reading through building relationships and understanding student's interests, partnering with teachers to understand their instructional needs, and bridging the gap between school and community. Emphasis placed on less levels and more on student interest and curriculum needs (projects, research, guided reading lessons). was selected to be a part of Baldwin County's eMINTS cohort day track to lead to National Board Certification, presented at Gulf Regional Innovative Teaching Conference on Reading in a Digital Age (July 2018), participant in The Realisd Project for school librarians in rural areas to focus on STEM education at The University of West Georgia (July 2018). * Integrating library instruction through content standards across the curriculum (K-6th) with integration of the AASL library framework and ISTE standards. Small group lessons implementing Scholastic Guided Reading. * Helping students build digital literacy skills through digital integration with K-6th grade students working with resources such as Big Universe (ebook resource), Pear Deck, Be Internet Awesome, and streamline with Google tools such as Google Classroom. * Becoming an expert in all content areas is what I pride myself on as a Library Media Specialist. One of my main goals is to show teachers and students that lifelong learning takes place in any content area and that literacy can be integrated throughout the content areas. My role is to curate both print and digital resources that students and teachers can use to help enhance their instruction. Consistently partnering with teachers to integrate standards and implement technology is a strength of my role as a lms.
- Library Media Specialist at Silverhill Elementary, Baldwin County Public Schools, AL
- Second grade teacher, Dean Road Elementary at Auburn City Schools
- First grade teacher at Brown Elementary, Clayton County Public Schools, GA
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Education Specialist - Instructional Technology, School Library Media
- Masters in Art - Early Childhood Education
- Bachelors of Science - Early Childhood Education
I started at the school at 9-12 English teacher and in 2016 moved to the library. I monitor and enhance the entire K-12 book collection as well as all chrome books throughout the school.
- Library Media Specialist at Ozark Mountain School District
- Librarian at
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Instructional Technology
Introduced library literacy to
● Engaged in Responsive Classroom Kindergarten through sixth grade students management technique
● Organized book fairs
● Teamed up with elementary teachers
● Tracked and recorded inflow and outflow during interdisciplinary projects of materials from multiple school libraries
- Library / Media Specialist at Stonebridge, Brookview, & Lily Lake Elementary
- Paraprofessional & Substitute Teacher at Rutherford Elementary
- Co-owner and Operator at Lice Finders, LLC
- Science Instructor at Wildwood Elementary
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education - Elementary Education