• Discharge, arrange, and shelve books and other materials for use by library patrons; assist patron with routine questions and in locating materials.
• Process materials received from other libraries for circulation using Polaris and bound books for delivery to other libraries daily.
• Read bookshelves to determine improper shelving and missing materials
• Assist at circulation desk with the checking in and out of materials, library card registration, answering of questions and material hold.
- Library Page at LIBRARY PAGE
- OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR / MANAGER REP at Xtreme Beauty International
- CLERICAL ASSISTANT at Docucare Copy Service
- HOMEWORK AND COMPUTER COORDINATOR at Docucare Copy Service
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice
- Assist the front desk, registering and renewing library cards. - Help patrons to search, locate items, placing holds, both in person and over the telephone. - Provide tech support to patrons. - Sort, retrieve, shelf library materials with speed and accuracy. - Checking-in daily in-transits; building 'shelve' and 'holds' trucks. - Maintaining all shelves organized, shelf-reading, ensuring all items are in correct order.
- Assist the front desk, registering and renewing library cards.
- Help patrons to search, locate items, placing holds, both in person and over the telephone.
- Provide tech support to patrons.
- Sort, retrieve, shelf library materials with speed and accuracy.
- Checking-in daily in-transits; building 'shelve' and 'holds' trucks.
- Maintaining all shelves organized, shelf-reading, ensuring all items are in correct order.
- Library Page at Library Page
- Cashier/Barista at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf
- Cashier/Barista at Peet's Coffee and Tea
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associate - Liberal Arts. Pursuing Masters in Library and Information Science.
Apr. 2013 - Aug. 2018
Fairfax County Public Library - Pohick Regional Library & City of Fairfax Regional Library
• Accurately shelved, shifted, and sorted 100+ library materials daily.
• Oversaw maintenance of collection by removal of damaged materials, and shelf reading to reestablish an accurate collection.
• Discovery and identification of cataloging discrepancies and other errors in ongoing floating collection.
• Collaborated with circulation and information staff members by sorting carts and bins of returned materials and process them for shelving, or transport to locations using the SIRSI software program.
• Trained 10+ incoming staff members on library shelving, sorting and shifting procedures.
• Answered public queries during shifts; enhanced customer knowledge and experience of how to access available library services and materials.
- Library Page at Library Page
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in General Studies - General Studies
9/2007-2/2017 Duties include: Collecting, discharging, and shelving books, magazines, and retrieval of stated items as well for patron or library personnel usage. Experience in Youth Services Reference duties, which include Library Page duties, as well as, aiding patrons to find necessary materials, within the library, processing of paperback books to be utilized by the public. Experience in the Circulation Department, which include, customer service at the front desk, checking in or out library items for patrons, as well as, collecting fees for late, lost or damaged items or proctor fees for testing. Also, including answering phones and directing calls to the correct library staff member or troubleshooting for a patron, as well as, miscellaneous office duties. Experience in Acquisitions, duties included, ordering, filling and delivering supply orders from the various departments within the library and branch libraries. DATA ENTRY/CUSTOMER SERVICE-WISE INCORPORATED
- LIBRARY PAGE/CUSTOMER SERVICE at LIBRARY PAGE, CITY OF TORRANCE-KATY GEISSERT TORRANCE PUBLIC LIBRARY
- Customer service in the shipping/receiving department at WISE INCORPORATED
- DATA ENTRY/CUSTOMER SERVICE at MERISEL CORPORATION
- DATA ENTRY/CUSTOMER SERVICE at NORRELL EMPLOYMENT AGENCY
9 years, 5 months at this Job
- GRADUATE DIPLOMA - COMMUNICATION
• Record inventory such as books, DVDs and audiobooks into the library database to keep it updated.
• Manage any donations and check-ins that come in according to library procedure.
• Provide customer service to incoming patrons who want to know more about the library and its layout.
• Participate in local events such as the City of Ontario's Annual Heritage Festival to help advertise the library to any new possible patrons.
• Attend meetings/seminars to get the latest information about library policy.
- Library Page at Library Page, Ovitt Family Community Library
- Staff Writer at The Poly
- Cashier at The Poly
- Student Writer, The Breeze at Chaffey College
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science degree in Communications - Communications-Journalism
- Associate - Communications
- Associate - Behavioral Science
➢ Shelving library materials.
➢ Shelf maintenance.
➢ Performing clerical tasks.
- Library Page at Lomita Library
- Courtesy Clerk at Ralphs
- Cashier, Crew Member at Carl's Jr
- ACTIVITIES/INTERESTS/HOBBIES/VOLUNTEER at High school Swimmer
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- High school - General Studies
Checked in and checked out books
● Helped patrons with certain task
● Tend to the front desk
● Kept library and workspace clean and organized
- Library Page at Library Page Madison Public Library- Alicia Ashman Branch
- Team Member at Target
- Intern Boardman & Clark Law Firm at Boardman & Clark
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- - Political Science
I currently work part-time as a library page. My primary duties include:
• Restocking books, DVDs and audiobooks in alphabetical or numerical order.
• Analyzing each resource to ensure it is in its proper place.
• Assisting customers in locating resources or obtaining information.
• Searching the shelves for requested resources and giving them to the appropriate staff for processing.
- Library Page at Mid-Continent Public Library
- Fudge Maker, Cashier, Apparel & Gifts Associate at Bass Pro Outdoor World, LLC
- Teacher's Assistant at Creative World School
- contracted landscape laborer at American Lawn & Landscape, Inc
1 month at this Job
- - Interpersonal Communication
2015 -2016 Bellingham, Washington Library Page Performed a variety of routine manual library support tasks including, sorting, shelving, stacking, retrieving a wide variety of library materials.Maintained Library materials according to alphabetical, numerical and categorical systems. Conducted shelf reading for accuracy and shifted and transported books and other library materials to assigned areas of the library as directed. Assisted in keeping all areas of the library in a clean, neat, and orderly condition and public office supplies stocked. Packed, unpacked and distributed library shipments. Assisted in program and display set up. Operated standard office Equipment. Performed related work as assigned.
- Library Page at City of Bellingham, Public Library
- Secretary at Pleasant Valley School District
- Assistant Property Manager/Leasing Agent at Oakbrook Corporation
- Territory Distribution Representative at Warner-Lambert/Pfizer Corporation
1 year at this Job
- Some college
• Assist with book displays
• Pull books for various displays
• Check circulation of books
• Re-shelve books at the end of exhibition
• Sort and shelve
• Assist with installation
- Library page at Chicago Public Library
- Cashier at Dollar Tree
- at one summer Chicago
11 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent