United States Air Force, Beale AFB, CA
• Oct 2017 to Present Library Technician Directs, plans, coordinates, and provides library media services relating to the acquisition, circulation, distribution, recovery of materials, and instructional materials. Processes library/media center materials; Performs a wide variety of responsible technical, IT and clerical work in providing media services to active duty, civilians, guard/reservist, and their families. Manage library databases and computer programs. Control over 60,000 user accounts.
•Assist patrons in the operation of computer programs and identification of resource materials enabling optimal utilization of the media center’s material, resources, and equipment.
•Distribute various materials (i.e. books, media, audio visual equipment, overdue notices, etc.) providing reference materials and necessary information to patrons.
•Inventory over 54,000 books and 24,000 non-book materials in library collection documenting losses and/or maintaining availability of materials.
•Handle collection of lost/damaged library books and non-book materials ensuring accountability of resources and supplies.
•Orient patrons on the proper use of library resources (i.e. OPAC system, fax machine, printers, computer, digital email sender, etc.)
•Responds to patrons by providing information, direction, and technical support as needed.
•Run the 3D printing program to include tinkercad classes
- Library Technician at United States Air Force
- Para-Educator at Wheatland School District
- Library Technician at Wheatland Union High School
- Cartographic Technician at UNITED STATES AIR FORCE
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Master's - Information Technology/Project Management
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
- Associate - Engineering Technology
• Assists in finding and using library resources which may include technical assistance.
• Answers routine inquiries, and provides referrals to appropriate staff for further assistance, when necessary.
• Resolves customer service issues or refers concerns to the appropriate supervisor.
• Prepares materials for circulation.
• Verifies and conducts accurate data entry and processes relating to registration, managing customer accounts, and materials.
• Maintains and troubleshoots problems with library equipment.
• Assists with marketing materials and implementation of programs and services.
• Compiles and maintains data to create statistical reports.
• Provides assistance to customers.
• Attends professional conferences, activities, and staff meetings and actively serves on committees
• Other duties as assigned. *Accomplishments as Lead Library Technician:
• Creating flyers and marketing displays in the Library
• Assisting with educational programs
• Was instrumental in planning and ensuring success of pop up libraries to Harvey impacted community.
• Providing circulation training for all staff to do outreach with community partners.
• Supervising staff and volunteers daily schedules.
• Providing bilingual support to Vietnamese customers.
- Lead Library Technician at Harris County Public Library
- Credit Assistant at STAR FURNITURE COMPANY
9 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
Checks materials in and out
● Maintains the appearance of the facility by cleaning and keeping it neat and orderly
● Gives directional help to library users
- Library Technician at PCC Library
- Cashier at PCC Student Account Services
- Housekeeper at work and travel student
- Waitress at
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Food Science
- - English
- - Food Technology
• Check items in and out using SirsiDynix Workflows system.
• Assist patrons in person and over the phone with their needs.
• Register patrons for library cards, and renew expired library cards.
• Execute transactions for fines and fees using the cash register.
• Prepare holds for patrons and check them out to their respective patrons.
- Library Technician at West Cobb Regional Library
- Clerk and Back-Up Assistant Manager at Cobb County Board of Elections and Registration
- Intern at Kennesaw State University Performing Arts Library
- Hostess at Provino's Italian Restaurant
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Associate's Degree in Library and Information Science Technology - Library and Information Science Technology
- Skilled library and information professional, trained to perform the daily functions of the library, and assist the librarian in the acquisition, preparation, and organization of information. - Customer service - Assisting patrons with all library questions and concerns - Ability to respectfully interact with people of all ages and all walks of life - Participate in library programs for children and families, such as a Halloween Party, Christmas Pajama Party, Crafts, Reading with a therapy dog, etc. - Ability to diffuse situations with upset patrons - Assisting patrons in computer use and computer trouble-shooting - Offer patrons career information and county services as needed - Knowledge of Dewey Decimal Classification System - Processing Acquisitions - Spine labels, bar codes, library stamp, accession date, ARL - Creating Facebook Posts and teaching staff how to implement social media to promote library services within the community. Community awareness via Facebook has grown since I have implemented these practices. - Check materials in and out - Reserve materials - Process library card applications - Processing courier books - Process patron fines - Shelve materials - Shelf Reading - Emptying & check in of Book Drop - Copying, Faxing, Scanning, operating cash register, end of day Z report - Answer phone calls - Maintain statistic sheets - Using online resources, such as card catalog & ARL to look up materials and info for patrons - Building Opening / Closing procedures - was given a key to building within 3 weeks of hire - Create Library Displays - create fresh & interesting book displays to promote new materials and increase overall circulation - Help supervise volunteers, including at-risk teens - Light Housekeeping to keep library clean - Flexibility to change my schedule to pitch in and cover my coworkers when they are out.
- Library Technician at Camden County Library
- Office & Marketing Manager at Outer Banks Country Store
- Director of Advertising and Marketing at Outer Banks Magazine
- Advertising Account Executive at The Virginian Pilot
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Major: Communications - Marketing / Minor - Art & Design
Responsibilities Worked in the Circulation and Reference Dept serving the public. Assisted the public with reference questions using print and online services on the service desk and on the phone. Assisted patrons on the proper use of computers and also with tablets and Smartphones. Worked in the Interlibrary Loan Dept and have experience with Worldcat (OCLC). Assisted in the opening and closing of the library in a timely matter. Maintained statistics for the Reference department and revised statistics forms as needed. Accomplishments I was responsible for gathering and maintaining the Baton Rouge And Louisiana Vertical File collection. Facilitated in the training for new library technicians and librarians in the circulation processes of the library using the VSmart software. Skills Used Have knowledge of books, literature, and elementary reference resources in print and online. Knowledge and experience with office productivity applications, such as Word, excel, PowerPoint and Publisher. Experience with customer service: treated patrons with courtesy, respecting confidentiality; and also responded to complaints positively working to resolve the problems quickly.
- Library Technician at East Baton Rouge Parish Library Board of Control
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Social Work - Social Work
1. Public Services: Performs reference, readers' advisory, youth services, circulation, outreach and/or special collection duties; assists patrons in the selection of materials and the use of other library equipment, services, and/or special collections; answers routine questions; takes interlibrary loan requests; assists patrons in the use of databases, digital resources, Internet usage, software applications and hardware configuration; conducts computer classes; plans and/or provides programming to various target audiences; conducts and attends community outreach programs; plans and/or participates in system-wide outreach activities for targeted audiences; promotes library services and fosters positive relationships with community organizations and/or schools; gives library tours; coordinates displays and promotional signage; answers telephone; charges, discharges and renews library materials; registers new borrowers; updates registration records; pulls and processes request materials; empties book drop; assists with filing & sorting; shelves library materials; straightens library materials on shelves; reads shelves for proper order; searches for lost library materials; processes incoming materials; assesses and collects fines for overdue materials and payment for lost materials from patrons; makes change for patrons; collects and records payment for miscellaneous transactions. 2. Reports: Assists in the preparation of reports and maintenance of records. 3. Professional Development: Attends staff meetings; meets monthly with supervisor for work plan meeting; attends other meetings as necessary. 4. Performs other duties as required.
- Library Technician at SHREVE MEMORIAL LIBRARY
- Merchandiser / Breakfix Level II at BDS Marketing
- Merchandiser / Reset Specialist at Strategic Retail Solutions, Inc
- (Full-Time) Customer Service Representative at CASH AMERICA PAWN SHOP
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - nursing program
- - General Studies
- - Broadcast Journalism and Mass Media
This job required the employees to sort and shelf various media items for the Main Library at the university. We were also charged with complete various tasks and small projects associated with the processing and upkeep of the collection and assisting patrons when necessary.
- Library Technician at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Main Library
- Administrative Assistant/Receptionist at A Mills Van Lines
- Adminitrative Assistant at Bridge Prison Ministry
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - English
Execute routine circulation tasks with efficiency and precision.
● Process books and materials, for library collections including cataloging.
● Coordinate ordering of the monthly book club materials and the creation of promotional materials for monthly book club meetings.
● Excel in creative design of advertising for library special events and promotions.
● Maintain the large collection of magazines throughout the library, including processing, shelving and organizing the vast collection.
- Library Technician at Townsend Public Library
- at Stay at Home Mom
- Executive Administrative Assistant at Andover Equity Associates
5 years at this Job
- - Elementary Education
- BA - Spanish
Code, classify, and catalog books, publications, films, audiovisual aids, and other library materials based on subject matter or standard library classification systems. Organize collections of books, publications, documents, audiovisual aids, and other reference materials for convenient access. Keep up to date records of circulation and materials, maintain inventory, and correct cataloging errors. Receive, voucher, process and catalog incoming materials into Sirsi Dynex system via OCLC. Find gaps in collections and order to fill. Catalog materials to RDA standards. Check, clean and update out of date records in operating system. Backfill for circulation desk staff to assist patrons with questions or needs. Assist circulation staff with technical services staff needs or questions. Develop ways to make locating materials easier visually and data base wise. Make materials easier to identify by series by labeling books specifically with series name and number.
- Library Technician at GENERAL BRUCE C CLARKE LIBRARY/US ARMY
- Library Technician at US AIR FORCE-RANDOLPH LIBRARY
- Substitute Teacher/Secretary at WAYNESVILLE R6 SCHOOL DISTRICT
- Merchandiser at Kraft Foods
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science
- High School Diploma