Germantown Library, Volunteer
● Assisted in marketing and promoting community events for the library
● Process and assemble patron requests for loaned materials
● Advised patrons of library policies, hours, and fees
● Assisted patrons and properly scanned items upon check out (books, audio books, DVDs, etc.)
● Examined incoming items for signs of damage and documented issues
● Resolved patrons' complains tactfully and professionally
- Library Volunteer at Germantown Library
8 months at this Job
I am a volunteer for the library. My duties include sorting books and restocking. Assist with library book sales, children's events, and library activities.
- Library Volunteer at Placentia Library
- Dog Walker/Holder at German Sheperd Rescue
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- High school - Senior at Esperanza
Provided library services to the patrons. Helped solve inquiries, restocked and organized books and computer system, and also maintained public computers.
- Library Volunteer at San Diego County Library
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- High school
Stacked books, cleaned shelves, and helped with a few arts and crafts projects for elementary students visiting the library.
- Library Volunteer at Walla Walla Public Library
- St. Paddy's Day Run Organzer (Volunteer) at
1 month at this Job
• Directed patrons to library sources, materials, books, periodicals, websites, and databases.
• Conducted searches in iBistro library catalog.
• Familiar using SIRSI/Workflows circulation system software.
• Processed interlibrary loan requests through OCLC FirstSearch.
- Library Volunteer at Fulton Public Library
- Customer Service/Bus Driver at MARTA
- Supervised Fieldwork at Fulton Public Library
- Substitute Teacher at Fulton, DeKalb, and Gwinnett County Schools
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Library and Information Science - Library and Information Science
- B.S. - Criminal Justice
- B.A. - Communications
Part time volunteer in Teen Department. Mainly shelving, but also helps to set up events, weed shelves, reorganize, and assisting patrons in finding specific books or recommending others. (~350 hours)
- Library Volunteer at Vestavia Hills Library in the Forest
- Assistant Teacher at Cahaba Heights United Methodist Prechschool
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- High school - GPA - 3.9
" Seth is very personable and a hard worker. We appreciate his attention to detail and his efforts to help us get the books and materials back on the shelves and keep the library in order and looking nice for our patrons. He is an asset to the department and a joy to work with. "
- Library Volunteer at Marion County Public Library
2 years, 4 months at this Job
I volunteered at the Pamunkey Regional Library for two years, helping young children sign up for a summer reading program. I helped the children and their parents become a part of the program that inspires people of all ages to take more time to read during the summer.
- Library Volunteer at Pamunkey Regional Library
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Some high school
Atlantic Highlands, NJ
● Reshelved books to maintain a neat and tidy reading area.
● Aid in checking out patrons' at the front desk.
● Assisted in the library's volunteer program
● Delivered an exceptional level of service to each customer by listening to concerns and answering questions.
- library's volunteer program at Atlantic Highlands Public Library
- Volunteer at Giving Hope Network
- Assistant Volunteer at Ragtime Art And Sound Studio
- Daycare Assistant at Mary's Daycare
11 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts - Humanities Theatre
- High School Diploma
• Supported permanent staff in all areas of operations.
• Sorted and shelved an average of two book carts per hour worked.
• Assisted patrons with the library's computers and provided information on logging onto the Internet.
• Manned the summer reading program desk for children and teens within the ages of 1-18
• Directed library patrons to particular books they were hoping to find, to events happening in the library, and to specific sections they wished to peruse.
• Led and set up many children's crafting classes and activities.
• Provided the library with many pieces of art to promote a library event or to simply decorate.
- Teen Library Volunteer at Glendale Public Library
- Volunteer at Glendale Christian Church
- Farm Assistant at Cinnamon Roost Farm
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- High school - General
- Early College Program - Experimental Drawing