Provide counseling services to preschoolers Promote social emotional learning Self-Regulation skills Consult with staff and parents Refer and link services when needed Provided counseling to parents Utilized play therapy directed and self directed
- School Based Mental Health Counselor at Mental Health Association of Essex and Morris
- Employees Assistant Program at Intervention Strategies
- Senior Case Manager Adult Partial Hospital Program Sept at St. Mary's Behavioral Services Seton Center
- Mental Health Associate at Care Plus NJ Inc
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master's - Social Work
Las Vegas, NV March 7, 2016 - Present
Licensed Social Worker / Pediatric Social Worker
• Rotates between Emergency Department, Adult Units, Maternity Unit, and Mental Health Holding to provide psychosocial support and community resources for upwards of 100 patients on any given shift.
● Works in Children's Hospital in the NICU, PICU, and general pediatric units conducting assessments and providing support and direction to community resources for families and patients.
● Became familiar with the Legal 2000 process, including assessing patients to discontinue hold, prepare patients for virtual court, and finding and facilitating transfers to appropriate mental health and substance abuse facilities.
● Works with case managers, administration, nurses, and doctors to ensure the best outcomes for discharging patients while reducing patient's length of stay, saving the hospital money.
● Appropriately used Medi-tech and Midas+ software programs review patient's chart and document each patient interaction in accordance with CMS guidelines and improving hospital reimbursement.
● Upholds patients' rights and act as a patient advocate, referring to State of Nevada ombudsman, Elder Protective Services, Child Protective Services, and Metro Missing Person & Abuse/Neglect.
● Complies with HIPAA, hospital's policies, as well as, state and federal laws pertaining to health care workers.
- Licensed Social Worker / Pediatric Social Worker at Sunrise Hospital
- Social Security Attorney at Shook & Stone
- Law Clerk/Associate Attorney at Gordon & Rees LLP
- Licensed Social Worker at Marquis Centennial Hills
3 years at this Job
- Juris Doctorate - Certified Meditator
- Masters of Social Work - Social Work
- Bachelors of Arts - Psychology
Part-Time social worker for the senior residents of the city of Fairview Park.
• Duties include case management of residents with ongoing needs related to their well being in the community as well as their families. Along with one-on-one case management, I provide resource assistance. Other responsibilities include day-to- day general interaction with seniors who attend the senior center at various planned activities and front desk as needed.
- Licensed Social Worker at Fairview Park Senior Life Office
- Licensed Social Worker at Beech Brook
- Licensed Social Worker at Beech Brook
- Licensed Social Worker at Manor Care Nursing Services
7 years, 6 months at this Job
- B.A - Social Work
I work as a social worker specializing in mental health while also working with homelessness and addiction. because addiction and mental health is so prevalent in my job I have implemented many behavioral contracts and worked with a behavioral program that is individually specific to each resident. I conduct MDS assessment Social service assessments psychosocial assessments along with abuse assessments. I work very closely with an interdisciplinary team and work on lowering med dosages with a psych team. Assessments also include admission assessments and setting up services and assessments through the county and working with relocation workers.a part of my job is also ensuring a person centered plan of care and making sure the care plan is always up-to-date.
- Licensed Social Worker at The Villa at Bryn Mawr
- Social Worker at North Ridge Health and Rehab
- TCU Social Worker at Augustana Care Center
- DSP (Direct Support Professional) Supervisor at CHI Friendship
9 months at this Job
B.A. Social Work
- Licensed Social Worker at Idaho State University
- Independent facilitator at
7 years, 2 months at this Job
• Serves as a patient advocate and collaborates with the health care team to facilitate patient care across a multidisciplinary care continuum.
• Performs behavioral health assessments and makes appropriate treatment recommendations such as referrals to appropriate providers.
• Identifies psychosocial status, economic, and physical needs of patients in order to plan, develop, and implement an appropriate plan of care.
• Assists patients, families, and vulnerable populations with the psychosocial support needed to cope with health, social, and psychological concerns.
• Maintains working knowledge of community resources and serves as a community resource liaison.
- Licensed Social Worker at Ocean Health Initiatives
- Human Service Specialist 1-Adult Medicaid at Ocean County Board of Social Services
- Oncology Social Work Intern at Community Medical Center
- Residential Counselor at Preferred Behavioral Health Group
10 months at this Job
- Masters of Social Work
- Bachelor of Science in Social Work
• Schedule home health and equipment for discharge planning
• Encourage residents to participate in programs that stimulate the mind and body and promote social interaction
• Assesses the psycho-social needs of each resident by interviewing them and meeting with family members and other staff
• Assess residents cognitive abilities
• Assessed and completed Minimum Data Sets
• Aid in the Set-up appointment with ancillaries related to up-keep of quality of life with residents.
- Licensed Social Worker at ST LEONARDS
- Director of Social Services at Laurel of Huber Heights
- Cashier, Cook, Bartender, Service Desk at League Processor and Office
- Top-Rated Senior Living Community at United Church Homes, Trinity Community of Beavercreek
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- BA - Social Work
- Certificate - Photography
1. LSW will complete intake assessments in order to initiate services in a timely manner. 2. Facilitates client access to community resources, coordinates and monitors services, including comprehensive tracking of client activities in relation to care plan. 3. Documents all client encounters and contracts made on behalf of clients; completes and submits billing documentation as appropriate; maintains comprehensive client files, which may include documents held for safekeeping on behalf of the client. 4. Travels on a need basis to community locations, various agencies, and other outreach destinations. 5. Liaison with medical staff: Often the combination of the stress of diagnosis and the technical aspects of tests and treatment can leave patients and family in a state of confusion. 6. Obtaining financial resources: LSW will help families apply for appropriate Social Security benefits, intercede on the patient's behalf in insurance issues, and put families in touch with organizations that provide financial support for cancer patients. 7. Advocacy work with schools and employers: LSW initiates in-house services by making a internal referral to NCCF clinician. LSW works side by side with NCCF clinician to help prepare fellow students, teachers, school nurses and counselors for a patient's return to school. Information and education about the child's specific needs and change in appearance helps to promote a smooth and comfortable return to school. 8. LSW can advocate with employers, helping to explain why a parent of a young cancer patient may need time away from the job and in providing the documentation necessary to obtain time off through the Family Medical Leave Act. 9. Participate in bi-weekly staff development meetings. 10. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned and/or offered (for example; coordinate and/or co-facilitate monthly Sickle Cell Workshops etc…).
- Licensed Social Worker at Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation
- Behavioral Technician at Southwest Autism & Behavioral Solutions
- AfterSchool Program Specialist at Boys and Girls Club
- Family Advocate at Acelero Learning Clark County Head Start
4 years at this Job
- BSW - Social Work
- AA - Social Science
• Complete comprehensive initial assessments with families to assure child safety
• Ability to work with Spanish speaking families.
• Work with a diverse population from various socio-economic backgrounds, including hostile and challenging clients.
• Engage, support and encourage families to be the agents of change in their lives.
• Advocate for under-served families and refer them to appropriate community resources.
• Conduct forensic interviews for law enforcement and prosecution of crimes against children.
• Implement least intrusive safety interventions for identified safety concerns including Protective Plans and filing CHIPS petitions.
• Supervise family interactions for children in out of home care.
• Complete all required documentation within 60 days of receiving the report.
• Provide training to new staff.
• Perform all After Hours duties and train new workers on After Hours role and duties.
• Act in a role of lead worker in the absence of supervisory coverage.
• Perform CPS Intake/Access function.
• Develop partnerships with community agencies to ensure continuity of care and successful collaboration among multi-disciplinary team members.
• Attend all required trainings and trainings to increase knowledge in the issues facing our community.
- Licensed Social Worker at ROCK COUNTY CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES
- Case Manager at FAMILIES INC
- Safety and Security Officer at ST. LUKE'S HOSPITAL
- Shelter Assistant Supervisor at TANAGER PLACE
11 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology - Psychology
- - Human Trafficking and Child Protective Services
Responsibilities Review care plans, MDS's, Geriatric Depression Screenings, Mini Mental Exams, psychosocial documentation, and all other documentation related to the wholistic well being of the nursing home or assisted living resident. I travel to Canistota, Howard, Miller, Clear Lake, and consult for De Smet, SD, for the Good Samaritan Society. Accomplishments Working with a wide variety of age groups of all different medical and social needs. Skills Used I am very detail orientated in reviewing the documentation of all social workers I consult for. I have worked with geriatrics since 1996 and find it very rewarding.
- Licensed Social Worker Consultant at Good Samaritan Society
11 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Human Development and Family Studies