• Administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6
• Implemented automation tools such as Puppet, Chef.
• Experience with ITIL and ITSM tool.
• Knowledge of BGP protocols.
• Linux CentOS administration
• Experience in Administration of AIX 4.3, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 6.1, 7.1
• Installation and configuration of NIM master server and clients
• Migration of AIX OS from 4.3.3 to 5.1, 5.1, 5.2 to 5.3 and 5.3 to 6.1 on series servers.
• Migration of AIX Systems from old p4, p5 to p6 hardware.
• Experience working on Power5, Power6 and Power7 P740, P750, P560, P595, P570, P575.
• Experience in using VERITAS Volume manager. Creating new file systems, mounting file systems and unmounting file systems.
• Experience in working with Live Partition Mobility to perform migration from one frame to another.
• Experience in MICRO-PARTITIONING on P series servers.
• Experience in PowerHA, AIX versions 6 and 7, Power (VIO), HACMP, Scripting and knowledge of Red Hat Linux.
• Managing tickets to other GE support teams related to environment issues where applicable.
• Experience updating systems to conform to MSB (Minimum Security Base) standards
• downloading, testing, deploying, applying patches in a timely manner
• worked with security analysts to ensure systems meet compliance requirements
• Worked with Linux patch evaluation
• Participated 24/7 on Call
• Worked with team in Resolving issues in design environment, which involves LSF & Ed applications.
• Worked as Splunk Admin.
• Hands on experience with User management - increasing LSF slots, prioritizing LSF capabilities
• Hands on experience with management of host-based firewalls (potables)/custom firewall rules.
• Experienced in configuration & maintaining Veritas Cluster server, NetBackup
• Experience working with Storage Area Network (SAN), and NAS 9 Network-attached storage)
- Linux Admin at ATOS
- Unix/Linux/System Admin at NII Holdings
- Linux/AIX Administrator at John Deere
4 years, 3 months at this Job
American Express is the top Financial Company and its famous for more benefits and business. I am the part of Prepaid IT OPS team and responsible for Cloud, System admin support and administration. Our Environment have RHEL OS, Windows, Ansible, Jenkins and various tools like VMware, vSphere 4.0.
• Experience installing, upgrading and configuring Red Hat Linux 4.x, 5.x/ 6.x,7.x.
• Administered and managed over 700 Linux servers, which included both physical and virtual servers.
• Worked on installation, configuration, performance tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of Linux/Unix environment.
• Linux systems administration which includes systems configuration and tuning.
• Creating and handling channels, users on red hat satellite.
• Creating SSH tunneling to red hat satellite servers and installing RPM packages through YUM.
• Experience working on SSL certificate updates in all environments.
• Patching and upgrading MySQL database applications, java applications on servers.
• Patch and maintain RHEL systems using Red Hat Satellite.
• Maintaining the system documentation and also performing other related duties assigned in the systems administration.
• Interact with customer to help resolve and investigate their day to day issues.
• Install and configure Logical volume manager - LVM and RAID.
• Created and maintained user's accounts, profiles, security, disk spaces and process monitoring.
• Created UNIX shell scripts for running java batch components on server using ansible scripts.
• Used JIRA as ticket tracking, change management and Agile/Scrum tool.
• Used Jenkins as a part of continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
• Experience on implementing Incident Management, Problem management, Change Management in service now.
• Experience using Service-now ticketing tool in enterprising request and handling by incidents.
• Worked on break fix for JBoss and wildfly applications.
• Provided technical support by troubleshooting Day-to-Day issues with various servers on different platforms.
• Developed tools to automate the .net/java solutions to come on the Jenkins Pipeline and providing immediate feedback on the status of the builds
• Worked on Jenkins for deploying Java and .net applications with maven and MS build plugins.
• Manage systems routine backup, scheduling jobs and enabling corn jobs.
• Worked on local level objects like monitors, pools, profiles and virtual servers on F5 load balancers.
• Developed shell scripts to check status of virtual servers and physical servers on F5 network.
• Administers VMware Infrastructure Client 3.5 and vSphere 6.1.
• Shell Scripting in bash to run automate the repetitive administrative tasks.
• Experience in configuration of NFS, DNS, LDAP, HTTP, DHCP, FTP, remote access management and security troubleshooting skills.
• Developed procedures to streamline and automate application development and deployment procedures with Linux container technology using Docker.
• Performed the automation using Chef Configuration management and managing the infrastructure environment with Puppet.
• Worked in creating DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, CENTOS) servers and Windows along with Amazon Web Services.
• Configured, supported and maintained all network, firewall, storage, load balancers, operating systems, and software in AWS EC2.
• Configuring of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) with networking of subnets containing servers.
• Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
• Experience in writing scripts in Linux and using SHELL, PYTHON scripting to automate processes.
• Install/configure and maintain Apache on Ec2 instance, Red hat and Ubuntu.
• Hands on experience in installing and administrating CI tools like Jenkins, GIT and Nexus.
• Experience on AWS cloud services like EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, and EBS for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images for server migration from physical into cloud.
• Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments. Environment: RHEL 4.x, 5.x/ 6.x,7.x, Windows 2008,2009, Jira 7.2.x, SSH, Apache Tomcat 8.0.9 MySQL 5.7.19, 5.7.10 VMware Infrastructure Client and vSphere 5.5, AWS, F5 load balancer, Java 7.0,8.0, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Python, Disk Management, Docker, Shell, Service now.
- Linux Admin at AMERICAN EXPRESS
- Unix/Linux System Engineer at Elavon Inc
- Jr. Linux Admin at Logic Systems
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - information Technology
- Master's - Computer Science
- Master's - Computer/ Information Technology Services Administration and Management
Cabot Corporation is an American specialty chemicals and performance materials company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The company operates in over 20 countries with 36 manufacturing plants, eight research and development facilities and 28 sales offices.
Linux (RedHat, CentOs )Systems Administration
• Systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs
• Administered server infrastructure Both physical and virtualized servers running VMware ESXi
• Installednew/rebuilding existing servers which supported infrastructure (NIS, NFS, DNS, and DHCP)
• Configured and maintained virtual server environment on VMWareESXi with vCenter management
• Configured hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with corporate standards
• Developed and maintained installation and configuration procedures
• Contributed to and maintained system standards
• Hardware management through system console, e.g. iLO, iDRAC, UCS Manageretc
• Network configuration including NIC configuration, bonding, VLAN, etc
• Scheduled system jobs through cron and at tools
• Wrote troubleshooting, instruction and training documentation on daily basis
• Wrote many shell scripts to automate daily or ad-hoc tasks such as:
• System check script which runs system diagnostic commands and sends report daily
• Adding multiple users using for loop script
• Scripts to trace logs for specific search and generate reports
• Combining multiple DNS zone files into one and identifying duplicates Linux (Redhat and CentOS )Operations and Support
• User management: created, modified, closed and propagated maps to NIS clients
• Troubleshot and maintained TCP/IP, Apache HTTP/S, and DNS applications
• Obtained basic understanding of connectivity issues using tools such as TCPdump and Wireshark
• Monitored server and network infrastructure using
• Provisioned servers, installation and configuration, post-build monitoring and troubleshooting.
• Monitored the availability and health of the infrastructure and applications across multiple datacenters. (Systems resources: disk space, memory, CPU load)
• Identified possible issues, troubleshot, and escalated to the appropriate technical team to increase efficiency.
• Linux (RHEL/CentOS) support experience
• Ensured the streamlined operation of the IT infrastructure in alignment with the business objectives of the organization
• Resolved issues related to login, performance, and granting proper permissions
• Performed patch management and server maintenance to enhance server infrastructure operation performance
• Provided24/7 on-call support (bi-weekly rotation) Linux ( Redhat and CentOs ) Maintenance
• Applied OS patches and upgrading on a regular basis
• Configured/added new services as necessary
• Upgraded and configured system software that supports infrastructure applications
• Performed ongoing performance tuning, and resource optimization as required, Configured CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
• Exposure to KVM Other Responsibilties
• Installed and upgraded Operating systems
• Created repositories and performed backups using TAR as needed
• Managed user accounts creation and modification
• Administered disk management
• Added, removed, and upgraded packages using yum and rpm
• VMware ESXi 4.x/5.x/6.x server administration
• Clariion CX 400 & CX 500 CX -series, VNX administration by EMC Unisphere/
• Navi sphere manager/EMC SMC
• Knowledge of Snap view Snapshot & Clone
• Switch zone configuration
• Knowledge & Experience in EMC power path.
• Extensive understanding of Windows 2003/2K Server & Technology
• Administration of Windows 2012/2008/2003 Servers & clients
• Installation & Configuration of DNS, WINS, DHCP & knowledge of AD
- Linux Admin at Cabot Corporation
- System Admin at Alghanim Industries
- Sr. Technical Support Engineer at Future Technology Systems Co
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Computer Science - Computer Science
• Installation, configuration and upgrade of Redhat Linux 5/6, Cent OS 5.7 &Solaris 11 operating systems.
• Involved in developing custom images on Cloud using AWS images and on VMWare ESX using templates and involved in building physical servers using Kickstart PXE Boot and Jumpstart.
• Involved in health check of servers after patching/rebooting and checked all the services of Linux on AWS Cloud and also physical servers.
• Experience in BEA Weblogic Application server 7.x/8.x/9.x/10.x administration under heterogeneous environments like UNIX, RHEL, SUN Solaris 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, IBM AIX and Windows NT.
• Excellent working knowledge of Operation & Production Support with large mission critical systems in multiple technologies and platforms including WebLogic, Apache, JBoss, WebSphere, UNIX, Windows NT, and Oracle.
• Extensively worked on BEA WebLogic 8.x, 9.x, 10.x,11 Server, Apache http Server, Apache Tomcat Server as administrator for Server Installations, Configuration, Application components deployment, performance tuning including troubleshooting and maintenance.
• Extensively involved in troubleshooting bottlenecks of Memory, CPU, Devices and network using ps, vmstat, iostat, netstat, sar, snoop, nfsstat and sar commands, tuning the performance.
• Package management using RPM, YUM and UP2DATE in Red Hat Linux.
• Experience with provisioning and virtualization of IBM P-Series hardware (LPARs, VIO).
• Associated with DBAs for installation of Oracle database on Linux servers & for tuning, backup and restore.
• Scheduling the jobs by creatingCrontabs on Linux.
• Perform operational tasks and activities e.g. monitoring log files, performance tuning and migration between environments.
• Monitor the performance and availability of key middleware components in production and test environments.
• Configured the systems for TCP/IP Networking with the existing LAN, Setting up SSH and SCP.
• Troubleshooting and configuration of Local and Network based printers.User, Group Administration and Advanced File Permissions.
• Maintain security for the networked environment while allowing users to access all data and software remotely.
• Experience working on web applications like Apache, HTTP headers Load balancing, DNS, DHCP.
• Involved in supporting Apache, Apache Tomcat and generated SSL keys for renewing SSL certs on web servers.
• Responsible for monitoring and working on problem tickets (BMC Remedy). Following it up with business and technical teams, and ensuring the problem is successfully resolved.
• Responsible for documenting the issue, cause and resolution.Have been the on-call person for the application, worked with the appropriate team members to bring the issue and get a resolution. Environment: RHEL 6.x/5.x, Solaris 9/10/11, Apache 1.2/1.3/2.x, Logical & Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas net backup 5.x/6.0, VM ESX 4.x/3.x.
- Senior Unix/Linux Admin at Nationwide Insurance
- Sr. Unix/Linux Admin at Arcelor Mittal, Burns Horbor
- Sr. Unix/Linux Admin at AT&T
- Unix/Linux Admin at Wells Fargo Bank
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.Tech. - Electronics and Communication
900 virginia ave, alexandria VA 22302
• performs installations and upgrades, conducts day-to-day operational maintenance/backups, and provides support for applications, such as various Linux workstations and servers.
• Perform system administration; security, file and directory permissions, adding/deleting users.Completes technical support request tickets within position scope.
• Maintenance of operating systems, virtual machines, physical servers, and storage systems for these applications. Virtual and physical networking configuration
• Basic hardware, software and network troubleshooting
• Storage Area Network configuration, development and design
• Provide off-hours support as required to maintain the availability of key systems and services.
• Provided Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification and Tier 3 (Watch Desk).
900 virginia ave, alexandria VA 22302
- JUNIOR LINUX ADMIN at ENVOY OF ALEXANDRIA
- Unit Secretary at Adventist healthcare
- Help desk support at REGENT HEALTHCARE
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Health Information Management
● Troubleshooting all kinds of UNIX problems and assisting users.
● User and Group administration in Linux and AIX environment.
● Day to day resolving ticket issues.
● Developing Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipelines; distributed Jenkins, Selenium and JMeter images, and ElasticSearch, Kibana
● Creating and maintain user, groups account on Linux servers.
● Knowledge of installing RHEL server from scratch using kickstart and Pxe boot.
● Deployment, configuration and administration of VMware VSphere 5.1 environments as well as Red hat (5.and 6.x) and Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL) environment and installed required binaries and packages.
● Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
● Maintain and installing of RPMs and custom package repositories. Deploy, install and configure.
● Hand on experience in data center, work with architecture team to design test, build and support Cloud infrastructure.
● Responsible for migration of Microsoft Virtual Servers and VMware GSX servers to ESX platform.
● Diagnosing and resolving system related tasks in accordance with priorities setup in dealing with trouble tickets.
● Installation of operation system patches, updating the maintenance levels when required, when server went down coordinated with IBM-Data center to bring up the server within the time.
● Strong knowledge of Linux kernel configuration, performance monitoring and tuning.
● Good knowledge of LVM, which includes creating, PVs, VGs, LVs and file systems and troubleshooting.
● Involved in complete administration tasks on UNIX, RHEL and documentation for the project executed.
● Responsible for installation, configuration and administration if RHEL on x86 architecture.
● Rapid provisioning and configuration management for CentOS, Kickstart, and Puppet.
● Deployed Puppet for configuration and management to existing infrastructure.
● Implemented puppet to manage all of servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
● Build automatic provisioning system with Kickstart and Puppet.
● Architected and implemented automated server provisioning using Kickstart and Puppet.
● Installed, monitored and supported Web and Application servers on AIX and Linux environments.
● Implementation and setup of local Linux disk backups using open Source applications.
● Worked on installation of Powerpath on al Linux boxes.
● Profound understanding of networking on UNIX.
● Hands on experience using the vi editor.
● Install, configure, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of RHEL 5.5 and higher.
● Experience using Kickstart and modified Kickstart based on server profiles and hardware specifications.
● Deployed puppet for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
● Build automatic provisioning system with Kickstart and Puppet.
● Administering and troubleshooting of Red Hat Clusters.
● Adding and removing nodes from and to the cluster.
● Experience in installation and support of servers adapters HBA (Host Based Adapter) and Network card.
● Experience in Linux installations, configuration management and patch administration as member of production support team.
● Provide 24x7 on call escalation support on rotation basis.
● Installed and configure over 300+ Linux Servers (Redhat and Centos) Fboth physical and virtual machines.
● Outstanding decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Linux Admin at Disney
- Linux/UNIX Administrator at John Deere
- Linux/AIX Administrator at AT&T
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- Linux Admin at Modest Technology Solutions, LLC
11 months at this Job
- Associate - Linux
• Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries.
• Worked with CM tools such as Chef and Puppet for deploying, managing & configuring on a server machine.
• Writing different Chef Cookbooks for installing, configuration, and upgrading different applications on the Servers.
• Good experience on implementing Chef to convert Infrastructure as code. Managed Nodes, Run lists, roles, environments, data bags, cookbooks, recipes in Chef.
• Involved in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet and also used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
• Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration.
• Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
• Scheduled the Linux Cron jobs and Jenkins jobs for build automation.
• Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the versions across the environments using SCM tools like Git and GitHub on Linux and Windows platforms.
• Used JIRA as Issue Tracking Tool.
• Worked on FTP servers for sending and receiving files between local and remote servers.
• Created various types of vagrant servers.
• Monitored system performance of virtual memory, managing swap space, disk utilization and CPU utilization using Nagios tool.
• Used RedHat Satellite Server for upgrading, installing Packages and patches in RedHat, and managing channels.
• Experience on working with disk formatting, pvcreate, creating, extending and reducing of Volume group (VG) s, Logical volume (LV) s, RAID and file systems creation.
• Experience in System Administration on various platforms which includes Redhat Linux, CentOS, Windows environments, and VMware vSphere.
• Creating and Managing Users / Group accounts and setup a user's work environment. Environment: Linux (RHEL 6.x/7), AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB), Jira, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Shell Scripting, Ruby, Python, Git, Maven VMware ESX 5.x.
- Devops Engineer/Linux Admin at State Of Maine
- Linux Admin/DevOps Engineer at Dell
- Linux Admin/Devops Engineer at Gulf state software LLC
- Linux/System Admin at SKB Software solutions
1 year, 5 months at this Job
* Involved in Linux System and Network administration in Sun Solaris 9/10, HP-UX 11.31, Linux RedHat 5/6 servers running different Database and Middleware Applications. * Storage Provisioning, Volume and Filesystem Management using LVM, Veritas Volume Manager and Veritas Filesystem Veritas Storage Foundation, Configuring ZFS filesystems. * Built two new VMware ESX Server 4.x/5.x on HP HW running Red Hat Enterprise Linux Created different virtual machine like Debian, windows 2003 2008 server, SuSE enterprise Linux using VMware Virtual Infrastructure Client tool and configured with EMC storage box. Supported around 200 whole root zones running on Solaris 10 environment. * Maintained 15 VMware ESX server connected with two EMC VNX SAN box and managed of two Cisco MDS switch using Fabric Device management tool. * Clustering solutions for High Availability using tools such as Veritas Cluster Server VCS, MSCS, RHCS. * Configuring and maintaining virtual server environment using VMware ESX, VCenterVSphere, and Solaris 10 Zones. * Installation and Configuration of Sun Enterprise Servers, HP and IBM Blade Servers C6000 C7000 , HP Itanium, Configured Enterprise UNIX/LINUX systems in heterogeneous environment Linux, Solaris, HP-UX with SAN/NAS infrastructure across multiple sites on mission business critical systems. * Setup, Implementation, Configuration, documentation of Backup/Restore solutions for Disaster/Business Recovery of clients using OMNIBACK on UNIX and LINUX platform. * Performed quarterly patching of Linux, Solaris and HPUX servers on regular schedule. Involved in up Network/SAN based ignite images for HPUX PA RISC and integrity servers. * Good knowledge of RAID groups and setting up NFS, CIFS and iSCSI protocols in SAN/NAS environment on HPUX 11.31 and Redhat LINUX. * Implementation of oracle RAC 10g on HPUX blades and Itanium servers with Redhat Linux RHEL 5.x/6.x along with SAN storage on EVAs. Also implemented and support HPUX Service guard on Linux servers. * Involved and set up migration for UNIX/Linux server and SAN storage between data centers and also application migration and testing. This included SAN/Application migration and testing various functionalities of key applications. * Installing, setup of ProLiant blade BL,DL series with fiber channel connectivity, Cisco GESM interconnect switch, configuring the connectivity, setting up JBOSS cluster, setting up oracle RAC cluster, configuring load-balancing on apache, on Redhat Linux 5.x Setting up NIS/NFS on RedHat servers. * Setting up JBoss cluster and configuring apache with JBosson RetHat Linux. Proxy serving with Apache. Troubleshooting Apache with JBoss and Mod jk troubleshooting for the clients. * Setting up the lab environment with Tomcat/Apache, configuring the setup with F5 virtual load balancer for customer application. Technologies Used: Redhat RHEL 6.x/5.6, Logical Volume manager, VMware ESX Server 4.x/5.x,Veritas Cluster Server VCS, Tomcat / Apache, MSCS, RHCS, Sun Enterprise Servers, HP and IBM Blade Servers C6000 C7000
- Linux Admin at Intuit
- Linux Admin at Oracle Corporation
- Unix/Linux System Administrator at Exceloid Soft Systems Pvt. Ltd
- UNIX / Linux Systems Administrator at Aspect Software Inc
2 years, 2 months at this Job
• Establish, maintain and manage users UNIX accounts. Install, modify and maintain systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provide server support related to other software.
• Support for Hardware failures by troubleshooting/diagnosing updating Bios, BM using USB or dediprog programming tool.
• Configuring and maintaining PXE boot for UEFI and Legacy Systems.
• Creating and managing NIS mapping from master server using Cronjob for automaps.
• Migrated and managed user's home directory on NFS and Configuration of Kerberos authentication.
• Implemented openssh and openssl for security compliance.
• Involved in installation, configuration and administration of Samba Server, DHCP server in UNIX, Linux environment.
• Performed automated installations of Operating System using kickstart for Linux.
• Installed, configured and managed OPA switches, Mellanox switches, Arista and QLogic switches for performance testing.
• Monitor performance and resource utilization of key systems and provide ongoing trend analysis for forecasting future resource requirements.
• Installation, Configuration & Upgrade of Linux5/6/7, SUSE11/12/15.
• Installation of Patches and Packages.
• Configuring disk space management on RHEL, CENT & SUSE servers.
• Developed new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts using Bash, python and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
• Creating automation scripts for syscfg, kickststart script, kernel installs, post packages install after kickstart, IFS installation etc.
• Hardware Installation e.g. server boards, processors, fans, HFI cards, EDR cards, mezzanine cards.
• Worked on Service Now, Bugzilla, and JIRA for ticketing and tracking Inventory.
• Complete periodic checks of production and development systems, CPU utilization, memory profiles, disk utilization, network connectivity, system log files, etc.
• Manage and support Vtune-Amplifier and MPI libraries for testing fabric performance.
• Worked on various platforms like wolf pass, Broadwell, Haswell, Kennedy pass, cottonwood pass.
• Installed, configure and manage console switches using conserver and BMC-ipmitoll for console access. Environment: Red hat Linux, VMware ESXI Veritas volume manager, Apache, SSH, Windows server R2, Active Directory.
- Linux Admin at INTEL
- Linux Administrator at Metropolitan Transit Authority
- Helpdesk Specialist at Metropolitan Transit Authority
- Linux Admin at Navtek LLC
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Computer Networks - Computer Networks
- Bachelor of Information Technology - Information Technology