Company Name: IBM Pvt Ltd.
Designation: Linux Administrator
Period & Place: Nov-2016 to till date.
Client: Statestreet, USA
Roles & Responsibilities:
➢ Monitor and administrate Linux development/production servers by remotely, providing 24/7 on call support.
➢ Handling Escalations from L1 and Participate in outage calls and resolve the issues online.
➢ Raising the Change requests and Applying necessary patches in the server.
➢ Experienced in Performance tuning of Linux servers using PS, free, df, iostat, top, vmstat, and Netstat etc.
➢ User Administration Creating, deleting, modifying, locking, unlocking and managing user accounts, groups management.
➢ Package Management with YUM and RPM (Installation, Updating, Removing and Rollback).
➢ Managing and controlling the system services using service and chkconfig
➢ Providing secure authentication by enabling password less authentication using RSA keys.
➢ Creating, managing and administrating PV's, VG's and LV's using Logical Volume Manager.
➢ Creating, extending the Volume Groups under LVM.
➢ Creating and re-sizing the file-system under LVM.
➢ Implementation of security by using Setuid, Setgid and stickybit.
➢ Giving File/directory permissions to the users by using ACL's.
➢ Automation of jobs using Cron.
➢ Performing Kernel patching and OS Upgrade.
➢ Troubleshooting login failures.
➢ Performing schedule reboots.
➢ Configuration of additional swap space as needed.
➢ Configuring and managing SSH Server
➢ Managing YUM, NFS, Samba and Apache Servers
➢ Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in TFS and GIT
➢ Managing Build results in Jenkins and Deployed using workflows. Maintain and track inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
➢ Deploy new release set in production Applications through Jenkins and troubleshoot
➢ Configure Applications and adding the servers in CMDB
➢ Configure User and password for JDBC URL in CMDB and configure management ports
➢ Knowledge on DNS Servers
➢ Knowledge Network Channel(NIC) Bonding Organization - 2
- Linux Administrator at IBM Pvt Ltd
- Systems Engineer at Techmahindra
- Linux Administrator at Techmahindra
2 years, 2 months at this Job
• Work as a Linux system administrator to support & maintain client MAP environments
• Troubleshoot issues with client MAPs
• Quickly assess & prioritize inbound client requests
• Work with clients directly to ensure they are full trained in using the MAP environment & that they are receiving the full benefits of the MAP
- Linux Administrator at Optanix
- Data Analyst Intern at BeerBoard
- Computer Science Tutor at Le Moyne College
- Instructor at Girls Who Code
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science - Marketing Management
• Building Physical as well as Virtual (VMware) Servers.
• Building Linux servers (web-logic application, apache, DB servers etc) in large quantity as per production requirement as well as App/Dev requirement.
• Monitored System Activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues.
• Software package and patch administration, involving adding and removing software packages and updating patches
• Configuration of LVM (Logical Volume Manager) to manage volume group, logical and physical partitions and importing new physical volumes.
• Perform hardware configuration, operating system loads, and assist with troubleshooting installation issues.
• Setup various user profiles, environment variables/security to ensure smooth operation.
• Experience in installing local and remote YUM server on Redhat.
• Co-ordinate with web administrator's team in installation of Web Sphere Application Server.
• Worked with DBAs on installation of Oracle database
• Implemented System policies and hardware profiles, hard disk configuration for fault tolerance, disk mirroring and back up the data using BACKUP devices.
• Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apace/Tomcat server, mail server, MySQL database and firewalls in both development and production
• Bootstrapped newly build servers using chef recipes.
• Handling problems or requirements as per the ticket (Team Tracker) created. Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7x, EMC Power path, DELL PowerEdge 6650, HP Proliant DL 385, 585, 580, Chef, 3.6, VMware Vsphere ESX4.0., 4.1
- Linux Administrator at CVS
- Hindi/Malayalam Linguist at Mission Essential
- Hindi/Malayalam Linguist at All World Language Consultants
- Linux Administrator at Comcast
5 months at this Job
- Bachelors in Business Admin in Business Admin - Finance
- Associate in Accounting in Accounting - Accounting
- - Liberal Arts
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Administered Linux RedHat 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, CentOS 5.x, 6.x and 7 servers by testing, tuning, upgrading, patching and troubleshooting both physical & virtual server problems.
• Monitored system performance of virtual memory, managing swap space, disk utilization and CPU utilization using Nagios tool.
• Utilized Satellite Server for monitoring and patching, to update the packages in Red Hat Linux and Solaris servers.
• Administered Network File Systems using Automount and administering user and OS data files in NIS and NFS environment on both RedHat Linux and Solaris environments.
• Installed and configured the Volume/File system management using Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM), Logical Volume Manager (LVM), Solaris Volume Manager (SVM), ZFS File system Management and VERITAS File System.
• Used LVM for creating Volume Groups, Logical volumes, and disk mirroring, fixed the problem of Stale and partially mirrored Logical volumes.
• Initialized Red Hat using kickstart with TPM (Tivoli Provisioning Manager), and configuration management with puppet and chef.
• Created system audit report frequently to track user's logins, success & failures by running automated Cron jobs.
• Involved in Virtualizing RHEL and Solaris environments with VMware ESX 5.x, and vSphere 5.x servers on Dell Power edge and HP Proliant Hardware.
• Designed and configured servers on cloud based web service like Amazon EC2 which reduces the time required to boot server instances to minutes.
• Configured and managed BMC BladeLogic Server Automation Suite with BMC BladeLogic to maximize server uptime and decrease cost by automating vital data center operations across Linux and UNIX operating systems running on both physical and virtual servers.
• Ensured properly secured systems and appropriate policies/monitoring using SE Linux, password aging, firewalls/iptables and PAMs.
• Created and administered the guest OS on LDOMs and added virtual memory and hard disk to the guest OS.
• Managed users and groups on a large scale in NIS and LDAP environments.
• Used RedHat Satellite Server for upgrading and installing Packages and patches in RedHat; and managing channels.
• Build high availability servers using RedHat Cluster Suite involving 2-5 nodes.
• Managed the entire infrastructure with puppet by setting up puppet master and slaves; and TPM (Tivoli Provisioning Manager).
• Used bash, awk, and sed to automate most of the daily activities like log monitoring, log rotation and purging, proactive system monitoring with disk error detection.
• Implemented SSH for secure transfers and implementation of PKI between servers to enable Password less logins between servers.
• Coordinated with vendor to determine RCA on few occasions; by facilitating Veritas and Solaris explorers, core dumps, and RHEL SOS reports.
• Involved in multiple DR (Disaster Recovery) test scenarios
• Worked with database administrator for adding on packages and patches after checking compatibility and integrity of packages for Oracle RAC.
• Performed User Account management, data backups, and user's logon support.
• Carried out log management like monitoring and cleaning the old log files.
• Optimized administration and distribution of space in disk for the Oracle database coordinating with DBAs, users, developers and vendors.
• Worked with storage teams to configure EMC SAN, NAS and iSCSI configuration.
• Participated in implementing and designing of disaster backup and recovery activities.
• Responded to user request tickets via Service Now.
• Provided production support on Linux/Aix/Solaris Systems in a 24/7 Production Environment to ensure maximum availability of all servers and applications Environments: RedHat Linux 5,6,7, RedHat Cluster Server Suite, VMware, Kickstart, Solaris Volume Manager, Jumpstart, Veritas Net Backup, IBM v5000 and v7000, Nagios Core, Splunk, Carbon Black and In-house applications: e-power, OpenView, NAV, Resware
- Linux Administrator at Westart Energy
- Linux/Unix Administrator at Pfizer Inc
- Linux/Unix Administrator at ITT Exelis
- Linux/Unix Administrator at Marlborough Credit Union
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunication Engineering - Telecommunication Engineering
● Linux Administrator on a Tier 1 Linux Support team that carries out tasks important for production through Remedy IT Service Management such as user permission changes, strict server access, along with disk space utilization and troubleshooting.
● Perform monitoring for over 3500 Virtual, Physical, and Cloud systems and their associated hardware components, supporting all Census Bureau departments, services, operations, and its users.
● Responsible for providing in-depth detailed incident reports that are used for future troubleshooting purposes used by different engineering teams, along with high ranking officials such as Branch Chiefs and the CIO of the Bureau to eliminate any future issues with our systems.
● First responders for any outages that may occur on any of the servers, responsible for reaching out to any and all dedicated teams to work together to bring back all operational functionality that may hinder production.
● Work closely with other teams exchanging information about future maintenances on all servers. Tier 1 is on standby while these maintenances are occurring.
- Linux Administrator - Contractor at Census Bureau
- Warehouse Associate at Best Buy
- Junior Linux Administrator at DG Consulting
- Kitchen Associate at Chick-Fil-A
1 year at this Job
- High school Diploma
Recruited to replace outgoing Unix/Linux Administrator.
Maintain a load balanced web server farm for various Ingram web properties.
Manage various servers processing EDI transactions.
Maintain DNS, FTP, SFTP, Mail, MySQL, RADIUS and other various services.
Manage high availability NAS and SAN systems.
Manage private VMware based cloud platform.
Assist with development for Ingram web properties.
Develop new processes as needed for emerging business needs in several development environments including PHP, Bash scripting, and Perl.
• Major platform redesign and implementation to facilitate migration of primary B2B web application from PHP to Ruby on Rails.
• Evaluated and implemented Splunk Enterprise for log management, retention, troubleshooting and forensics. Expanded the presence to a clustered solution as well as developed custom applications for various reporting needs.
• Assessed the benefits of a migration from a standard MySQL server configuration to a clustered configuration utilizing Infiniband interconnects; Coordinated with development team to implement the clustered configuration.
• Implemented SELinux Hardened System specification across all Linux based systems accompanied by two factor authentication for all accounts.
• Led a multi-year effort to virtualize physical systems utilizing VMware Virtual Infrastructure/vSphere which reduced physical footprint by 95%.
• Implemented a central job scheduling system allowing the management, tracking and scheduling for hundreds of processes previously run via cron across many servers.
• Coordinated with WAN administrator to fully redesign existing network topology to facilitate full isolation of customer traffic as well as deploy IDS/IPS solutions including SSL intercepts for all network traffic.
• Extensive rework and modification of existing processes to eliminate duplication, inefficiency and vulnerabilities.
• Coordinated with Windows, WAN and mainframe administrators to develop, maintain and test disaster recovery policies and procedures.
- Senior Unix/Linux Administrator at INGRAM ENTERTAINMENT INC
- Customer Service Representative at VERIZON WIRELESS
- Operations Manager / Systems Administrator at SHEER GENIUS, INC
- Senior Technician at DELL COMPUTER CORPORATION
13 years, 6 months at this Job
- Honors Diploma
Linux industry professional known for performing 'behind the scenes' miracles. Enjoy working in and around other team members. Always on top of new computer trends and industry news and future thinking. Excellent at planning, coordinating, focusing on details, taking initiative, and resolving problems.
04/18 - 06/18
UF Innovation Hub - Bacch Labs
Linux Administrator Contractor
• Created a HP server with dual xenon 18 core processor
• Raid 10 array with eight (8) 1 TB SSD drives
• Operating system Ubuntu 14.04.5
• Created for Audio environment
- Linux Administrator at UF Innovation Hub - Bacch Labs
- Linux Administrator at Contingent Network Services
- Linux Administrator at 64bithost.com
- Cable installer at North East Regional Data Center
2 months at this Job
- A.S. - COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYSIS
- A.S. - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
- - Telecommunications
Server Administrator maintain the computer networking system in an office environment by tracking server activity, performing upgrades of
software, maintaining computer hardware, addressing questions about technical problems, and improving efficiency by evaluating system
Duties: network functions. Most work is completed during regular business
hours. Occasionally, with new system upgrades or server fixes, work
must be completed during odd hours of the night or on weekends. This
is when traffic to a Website or office activity will be at its lowest and thus
have less of an impact on business.
Sense of humor
• Manage, support and build heterogeneous systems such as Unix/Linux/Windows supporting mission critical applications and databases such as; Oracle, SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL etc
• OS (Unix/Linux/Windows)
• Virtualization VMware/Xen
• Windows Clustering
• Storage Área Networks (SAN) using NetApp and EMC ( FC, iSCSI, NAS, NFS, CIFS)
• Cisco UCS and Sun Sparc Servers
• General expertise with enterprise systems management/monitoring
• General expertise in Active Directory enterprise environments and networking components (routing, firewalls, load balancers)
• General expertise in LDAP.
• Support various business applications including commercially off-the-shelf and in-house developed.
• Installs, configures, and maintains Linux (Red Hat/Suse/Debian/CentOS) operating systems.
• Performs (Red Hat/Suse/Debian/CentOS) system updates, upgrades, patching, and maintenance tasks.
• Assist with the creation and maintenance of the Linux infrastructure.
• Analyzes and resolves problems associated with servers, hardware, applications, and software.
• Adheres to Chance/Configuration Management procedures and policies.
• Monitors systems performance and ensures compliance with security standards.
• Manage security, including basic firewall and SELinux configuration.
• Manage users and groups, including use of a centralized directory for authentication.
• Experience with RHEL 6.2 or later, performance monitoring and tuning tools, instal lation options, problem determination and recovery, and security.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
- Linux Administrator at Metro de Maracaibo
- Linux Administrator at Maracaibo Mayor's Office
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Master - Maracaibo
- - Computer Tech
• Oversee and apply appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity
• Configuration management support for all Linux Servers
• Manage systems for updates and replacement, and manage changes required to support secure configurations, patches, and operational reporting requirements
• Ensure STIG and IAVM compliance for applications, systems, and devices operating on Linux platforms
- Linux Administrator at Zurka Interactive
- SYSTEMS ENGINEER/ADMINISTRATOR at Lockheed Martin
- LINUX SYSTEMS ADMIN at Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc
- LINUX SYSTEMS ADMIN at Qotasystems
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
• Installation of servers based on Debian, Centos in development, testing and production environments
• Routine system administration tasks, software and hardware upgrades, troubleshooting and issues resolution
• Deployment of NFS, Samba and FTP File sharing on Linux and Windows servers
• Build Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipelines
• Deployment, provisioning, and automation using Ansible, manage Ansible Playbooks with roles
• Create new EC2, ECS instances, and build jobs using Jenkins
• Create automated administrative tasks using cron, managing System Logs (using syslog)
• Use Kanban board and Jira for story management
- Linux Administrator at DirecTV/ATT
- System Administrator at Mediker LLP
- Linux Administrator at Union Space LLP
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Software engineering