Use nagios for network monitoring and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for secure access. Also
formatting firewalls, network switching and routing settings for extra client security. Configured
Certificate Authority to sign Certificate Requests for SSL and configure secure talk for ldaps, https, and smtps.
• Performed all necessary system administration duties to support Linux, HP-UNIX, Solaris client server environments.
• Implemented and configure system security parameters per UNIX environments to invoke privilege audit detail logging per root, sudo policies.
• Rendered all insecure protocols inaccessible or replace with secure versions; disable all unnecessary and insecure services and protocols.
• As Linux Administrator/Network Engineer, provide client support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems, VMware virtual systems, and network infrastructure.
• Also supported cPanel, Linux OS, Apache, MySQL and PHP.
• Installed Tripwire Enterprise Monitoring Integrity Software per Linux, HP-UNIX, Solaris servers.
• Managed User Account Administration requests per In-house developed applications; audit group, shared, or generic passwords to meet PCI compliance standards.
• Kernel update patching and tuning.
• Use Denyhost for host intrusion detention service (HIDS).
• Automate the installation of Red Hat on Amazon EC2 instances with Cloud Formation.
• Automate the installation of open source and proprietary software, including Oracle, MicroStrategy, Cassandra and Zookeeper on Amazon EC2 instances with puppet.
• Maintain approximately 400 instances within Amazon EC2 across multiple environments including production, staging and QA.
• Other routine day to day administration tasks. Linux Administrator Remis Tech Consulting Mar '13-Jan '16 Installed and configured a LAMP server on CentOS(Red Hat) as well as configured firewall rules utilizing iptables in order to harden the environment
• Utilized ssh-keygen within DSA encryption to make a connection without a password from a remote linux cloud server to a local machine.
• Installed the key to the local network's server.
• Initiated a nightly MySQL dump on one of the two load balanced cloud servers, compressed the database, moved the backup to a local machine through scripting and cron.
• Collaborated with a PHP developer to assist with code migration from Windows Server 2008 to CentOS(Red Hat) due to case sensitivity on Unix systems.
• Managed and maintained 12 mail servers for mail campaigns; updated MX records as well as reverse DNS with the ISP daily.
• Configured the MySQL server for performance by placing large portions of the database in to memory to avoid swap.
• Scrubbed 7 million email addresses by running a simple email ping on them (The script marks the emails as bad if the email ping is rejected. Then spawned several servers that concurrently connected to the MySQL database while each of them utilized the script to verify the email. By executing the script concurrently on several machines, this sped up the process of verifying each email).
• Added as well as migrated 25 different websites within Windows Server 2008 and then to Linux
• Hardened the local Linux server by utilizing the ACL security model, restricting access to sensitive information by employees within the organization.
- LINUX ADMINISTRATOR at DDS Technologies
- Linux Administrator/ Help Desk at Padisar Information
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science and Technology - Electronics Engineering
• I work in IBM Cloud in their center in Dallas, Texas as Linux administrator. I do "rolling" (installation) of new physical and virtual servers in cloud. IBM Cloud is implemented using Red Hat Xen and Citrix XenApp. Nagios and Splunk are used for monitoring and Chef for automation. I also do configuration and troubleshooting and create Python and bash scripts for automated tasks.
• I also work as Satellite 6 engineer. IBM Cloud has the biggest Satellite installation in world, more than 10 Satellite servers and more than 45 Capsule servers in almost all continents. I install new Satellite and Capsule servers, do upgrade, configuration, synchronization, registration and resolve issues.
- Red Hat Linux administrator at IBM
- Red Hat Linux administrator at Monster.com
- System administrator at National Rural Electric Cooperative Association
- VMware administrator at IBM
5 months at this Job
Responsibilities: Installed and configured hardware and OS on Servers, Workstations and I/O devices on Sun hardware. Monitor, troubleshoot and administer of RHEL 5 & 6 servers and HP-UX. Installed and configured IIS for SMTP connection in mail flow. Integrated IIS with Weblogic using SSL secure connection. Installed vmware and lead a team migrating physical servers to virtual machines and configuring the resources to be shared between different virtual machines. Manage vmware licenses and create virtual machines for developers whenever required. Use vmotion to migrate virtual servers between different physical machines. Installation and configuration of Windows servers running DHCP, DNS, Exchange & Active Directories. Performed kickstart network installation of servers for Linux, Unix, Windows OS. Worked in a fast-paced 24x7 production environment. Installed configured, managed the ACL's around the CVS, Subversion (SVN) repository and also responsible for back-up recovery of the repository. Installation and configuration of OAS (Oracle Application Server) on Linux. Restore of Oracle instance and worked with Oracle team for Oracle installation and Building Oracle Cluster. Installed patches and software as needed, installed and configured new hard drives and memory. Created disk groups, volumes, volume groups and RAIDs using VERITAS Volume Manager, Veritas DMP multipathing, Solstice DiskSuite (SVM). Involved in disk configuration and disk crash recovery using format and fdisk. Performed fsck on the file systems and bad super blocks were repaired using repair and analyze. Created new slices, mounted new file systems and unmounted file systems. Installed the packages using Enterprise Installation Standards (EIS). Performed patching, backups on multiple environments of Solaris, Linux and VMware. Installed and configured packages, patches on Windows (2k &2003) environments. Implemented anti-spam technology based on open source applications on Linux servers. Created and Managed Meta devices using Solstice Disk suite and Volume Manager. Configured backup/archive policies using Veritas Net Backup utility, and mksysb images of root volume group to meet data archiving requirements, and disaster recovery readiness. Installed and Configured Apache Webserver. Responsible for monitoring system performance and health by using a tool Big Brother or Xymon. Responsible for DNS and Configured DNS Servers and Clients, troubleshooting system and DNS issues. Configured BIND9 DNS Server to serve an internal network and an external network at the same time with different set of information on Solaris servers. Troubleshooting and analysis of hardware and software failures for various RHEL servers (core dump and log file analysis). Involved in maintaining high availability clustering environment using HACMP Cluster software. Configured and administered TCP/IP, LPAR/DLPAR, NFS and VIO servers and Worked with LDAP in order to resolve user management issues. Developed scripts for automating administration tasks like customizing user environment, and performance monitoring and tuning with nfsstat , netstat, iostat, vmstat. Created Bash shell scripts to monitor system resources and system maintenance and Performed administrative tasks such as System start-up/shutdown, and Backup strategy and scheduledcron jobs for job automation. Installed and deployed Weblogic and Websphere Application Servers (WAS). Created disk groups, initialized physical disks, cachreated sub disks, plexes, volumes to create a Veritas File System (VxFS). Import and Deport disks into a disk group dependending on the requirement using the vxassist utility on the Veritas Volume Manager. Used VERITAS Netback up tool for Backup and recovery, Developed and executed test plans for Veritas Cluster with Netapp SAN. Worked on tripware, F5 networks in order to develop an effective way to direct traffic running on app servers using the BIG IP application traffic management device. Configured LUNs (HDS) using Veritas Volume Manager. Provided support for multi-path Fiber Channel storage systems, as well as Linux servers configured with multiple Fiber Channel (FC) Host Bus Adapters (HBA) ona Storage Area Network (SAN). Experience in working with ClearCase CLI commands such as clear tool and clear make in both single command mode and interactive mode. Experience in working with cleartool to display event record, by including the comment strings such as lshistory, lscheckout, lstype etc. Installed and configured domain wide mail systems utilizing Postfix with multi subnet and a single relay host for internal mail forwarding, all external mails were handled by Send mail and SMTP. Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment. Provided 24x7support on shift rotation basis. Environment: RHEL 5 &6, 2003, 2008 R2, Websphere, Weblogic, , VERITAS Volume Manager 5.0, VERITAS Net backup 6.0, RAID, Pentium PCs, Oracle 10g, HACMP, SAN, NIM, NFS. Wheeling Hospital - Wheeling, WV UNIX/LINUX Administrator April 2014 to Oct 2016 Responsibilities: Responsible for installation, configuration and administration of Sun Solaris 9 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux on x86 architecture. Installed and configured of hardware and OS on servers, workstations and I/O devices on E4500 environment. Managed the User and Application Account creations and deletions for the SUN Servers. This includes setting up SUDO access for DBA and application account access. Created mount points for Server directories, and mounted directories on the Servers. Installed and Administered Veritas volume manager 3.5 on Ultra Sparc E250, E450, Sun E3000 machines and configured RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1 and RAID 5. Created vmdisks, plexes, and volumes using the volume manager according to the requirements. Replaced failed disks using vxdiskadm. Co-ordinate with web admin team in installation of BEA Web Logic Server 8.1. Setup and maintained NFS, DNS, NIS, and TCP/IP network and knowledge in LDAP Server. Maintaining network and data security and, Setting up SSH and SCP features between SUN systems and other UNIX hosts. Installed and configured VMware ESX server instances for virtual server setup and deployment. Developed Korn shell scripts for admin tasks like customizing user environment, performance monitoring and Responsible for cron job management and Performed disaster recovery management procedures. Managed file permissions & ownership for important directories & files. Administered security, users, groups' administration and daily backup and restore operations, networking service, performance, and resource monitoring and Performed disaster recovery management procedures. Administration responsibilities include user, group, disk, and security management, File sharing Permissions. Generated reports to show the trends of resource utilization user/CPU/network load. Assisted other UNIX administrators when help was needed (i.e. creating UNIX accounts, writing scripts to perform system administrator functions, responding to trouble tickets, etc). Involved in preparation of functional and system specifications. Estimated storage requirements for applications. Environment: Sun Solaris 10/9, Red Hat Linux 4, Dell Power Edge 1800/1850/2850 servers, Intel servers, Sun Ultra Enterprise 4500, Sun Enterprise 450, Sun Enterprise 420R, Sun Enterprise 250, Sun Fire V20z servers, Dell PCs & Compaq PCs, SDS 4.1, 4.2 Solstice Disksuite VERITAS Volume Manager, VERITAS Netback up 5.0, Sybase 11.5.1, Perl Scripting, Oracle, NIS, NFS, LDAP server.
- Unix/Linux Administrator at Bank of America
- at Logicalis, Inc
- Unix/Aix/Linux Systems Administrator at Southern California Edison, Rhode Island
2 years, 8 months at this Job
* Linux Directory Structure and Linux file system navigation * User Management and Linux access control * Input and output file Redirection * Package Management in Linux - WGET|ZIP|TAR|RPM|SCP * Secure Connection
- Linux Administrator at N/A
- Baggage Handler at Destination Concepts
- Independent Contractor at Lyft Inc
- Executive Administrator & Project Assistance at RDI, Inc
5 months at this Job
- Associate - Network & Communications Management
Create, manage and troubleshoot LVM
● Check logs file and file system maintenance
● Maintain Linux systems serving as firewall, mail server, DHCP and DNS server
● Troubleshoot user's login and home directory related issues
● Perform server updates, patching, upgrade and package installations using RPM
● Setup, configured, and debugged network configurations for RedHat servers and workstations
● NFS/CIFS file system mounting and support for developers
● Provided 24x7 on-call / remote support for technical problems on weekly rotation basis.
● Patching and upgrading systems and software packages for vulnerability issues and bug fixes
● Monitor the disk space, CPU utilization and performance of the servers
● Support developers for Java based Web Applications
● Support day to day operations of NetBackup environment
● Investigate and research issues, determine impact, and provide remediation
● Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team
● Apply required security patches within NIST and enterprise guidelines
- Linux Administrator at Ixsolutions, LLC
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Information Technology - Information Technology
10/2016 to present Creates, maintains and upgrades a ten-node Solr index holding 500 TB of data. Implements Puppet manifests and modules to push upgrades to the nodes. Uses Docker Enterprise to create micro instances for special processes. Designs technical strategies to migrate to AWS. Creates Python applications using MongoDB as the backend. Linux Administrator.
- Linux Administrator at BAE Systems
- Linux Administrator at General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT)
- at General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT)
- at SAIC
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- B.A. - Classics
• Responsible for installation, configuration, upgrade, troubleshooting and maintenance of RHEL 6/7 and Systems Firmware upgrade on T-series and HP Blade servers
• Installation, configuration and maintenance of RHEL Operating System with Server Virtualization on VMware ESX 5,6
• Disk subsystem configuration, File systems and logical volume planning and configuration, using LVM.
• Monthly security patching including TL/SP update, OS upgrade on Solaris and regular patching on RHEL.
• Deploying Puppet for automated management of machine configurations
• Working on Configuration management Tools like Puppet.
• Managing Amazon Web Services like EC2, S3 bucket, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto-Scaling, AMI, IAM through AWS Console and API Integration with Puppet Code. Recipes and Cookbooks and uploading them to Chef-server
• Worked on configuring and maintaining Virtualization infrastructure on VMware ESXi and Virtual center deployment.
• Datacenter migration for Linux based servers, using rsync.
• Managing CRON jobs, batch processing and job scheduling.
• TCP/IP Configuration like assigning IP addresses, configuring network interfaces, assigning static routes, host names etc.
• Network troubleshooting with tcpdump and ip trace.
• Using Remedy and Service now tools for ticketing systems.
• Provide 24*7 production supports for sev1/sev2 issues and performing weekend changes during tech window.
• Formatted raw disks & partitioned them using the fdisk utility. Created file system using newfs and mounted it.
• Configuring of nodes, Virtual IP, Private and Public network for Oracle RAC.
• Utilized Linux Terminal Server for removing fat client management, save on administration Provide users with a more reliable & secure environment.
• Using Redhat Satellite Serve to deploy a new system.
- Linux administrator at Mastech at Verizon
- Linux/Unix Engineer at Aerotek/Flextronics
- Unix Administrator at US Army
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Certified system administrator
- Associate of Computer Science - Computer Science
ary -2017 Job Responsibilities
✓ Providing L1, L2 support in Production environment ✓ Monitoring Service Requests and incidents through Service Now ticketing tool and creating the tickets by using ticketing tools for issues ✓ Good work experience on changeManagement, Incident Management ✓ Finding root cause of a problem and taking corrective actions ✓ Monitor health of different application servers in production ✓ Identify the root cause analysis for issues by log verification ✓ Coordinate with the different teams ✓ Responsible for adding, creating new users, groups and setup home directories and appropriate
access restrictions to directories & files using access modes ✓ Experience in giving sudo access for the users and groups ✓ Experience on the Logical VolumeManager, Managing physical volumes, volume groups, logical
volumes ✓ Package Management with RPM, YUM on Linux Servers ✓ Monitoring the disk space utilization ✓ Managing and monitoring the swap space whenever required ✓ Performance monitoring of servers using top ✓ Scheduling of automatic, repetitive Jobs using crontab
✓ Monitoring and controlling system processes and services ✓ Configuring and Managing NFS ✓ NTP server and client configurations ✓ Experience in Server OS upgradation, Patching activities through Redhat satellite and also using ISO image by creating yum repository ASW Cloud Technology -
• IAM user group administration
• Launching and administering EC2 Instance
• Managing security groups and elastic IPs
• Creating buckets, uploading and downloading contents in Simple Storage Service
• Elastic Block Storage
• Snapshots, Backup and recovery management
- LINUX Administrator at Infosys Ltd
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- BE - technology
Responsibilities Engineer Cyber Network Defense (CND) environment for the United States Naval Observatory (USNO) program. Administer over 30 Linux servers across three locations in the US while maintaining high level security posture. Maintaining configurations, Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting for all Red Hat Enterprise Linux based (RHEL) systems. Also Maintaining configurations, Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting for all EMC storage equipment, to include EMC Isilon, Unity, Data Domain, and Avamar. Managing user accounts, network rights, and systems resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability. Accomplishments ntp servers.
• Maintain, configure, and deploy Cisco Unified Computing Systems solutions across the USNO CND environment.
• Maintain, configure, and deploy EMC storage solutions across the USNO CND environment.
• Maintain, configure, and deploy Linux server solutions across the USNO CND environment.
• Correct system vulnerabilities and perform Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) checks.
• Configure and Maintain Linux servers including the mail server, yum servers, db servers and
• Managing accounts, network rights, and systems resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability
• Create and Update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
Engineer Cyber Network Defense (CND) environment for the United States Naval Observatory (USNO) program. Administer over 30 Linux servers across three locations in the US while maintaining high level security posture. Maintaining configurations, Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting for all Red Hat Enterprise Linux based (RHEL) systems. Also Maintaining configurations, Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting for all EMC storage equipment, to include EMC Isilon, Unity, Data Domain, and Avamar. Managing user accounts, network rights, and systems resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability.
- Linux Administrator at ManTech International Inc
- Linux Administrator at KSH Solutions, Inc.
- System Analyst II at Scientific Research Corporation
- Electronic Technician IV at ManTech International Inc
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- BS - Computer Information Systems
- A.A.S. - Computer Information Systems
• Experienced in installing Firmware Upgrades, Kernel patches, system configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
• Experienced in Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Cent OS and Fedora, Production Support of various applications in Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Administration including Filesystem Management, Local Security implementation.
• Experienced in automating large scale deployments with modern configuration and deployment management systems ( Docker).
• Created and maintained SQL objects such as Tables, Constraints, Indexes, and Views based on the various business requirements
• Created Stored procedures, Functions, Triggers, Cursors, and SQL scripts using SSMS.
• Configured an automated tool puppet that includes the installation and configuration of the puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
• Experienced DBA administrator in maintenance, security, backup and recovery of databases
• Installed and configured of Veritas volume manager, Logical volume manager (LVM), Veritas file system and Veritas Cluster Server
• Experienced in Administration/Maintenance of source control Experience on Virtualization technologies like VMware vSphere, VMware Workstation, Oracle Virtual box.
• Experienced in implementing and maintaining an Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTP, Nginx web service environment.
• Managed environments like DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
• Experience in various IT Services of Service-Now tool like Service Catalog Requests, Asset Management, Configuration Management, Service-Now Administration, Incident and Problem Management, Knowledge Management.
• Good critical thinking and a decent cooperative person with solid interpersonal and relational abilities. Maintain effective communication with different teams
• Experienced in installing, upgrading, patching, configuring and administrating Linux OS with proper release management.
• Experienced in Performance Monitoring, Trouble shooting, Backup, Disaster recovery, Maintenance and Support of Linux systems.
• Maintained customer records and made various databases accessible to users
• Created SQL scripts, T-SQL queries for developer applications
• Re-processed the complex T-SQL scripts to update the data in Purchase History table
• Optimized the T-SQL script using the estimated execution plan based on the cost of the steps and indexes
• Developed ad-hoc queries for end users
• Created different types of reports
• Implementation of SQL Logins, Roles and Authentication Modes as a part of Security Policies for various categories of users
- Linux Administrator at Top Group Technologies
- Linux Administrator at Colorado State NCAA Compliance Office
- Data and Compliance Intern at Colorado State NCAA Compliance Office
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Masters - Cybersecurity Technology
- Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
- Advanced Diploma