• Operating systems, RedHat Enterprise 7, and CentOS 6/7 Linux systems
• Administering user accounts
• Registering/ Administering Servers/hosts to RedHat Satellite
• Hardening the system using Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) and Department of state requirements
• Installation, Update, and Configuration of software applications on servers and workstations
• Set up DNS Servers to resolve hostnames for both the internal and external networks
• Build, configure and manage NFS servers
• Build, configure and manage Web servers using Apache httpd
• Administer firewall security using firewalld
• Using VMWare ESXi Server and VMWare VSphere Client (combination) to manage virtual machines (VMs)
• Collaborate with management level and users to find solution to technological needs
• Conducting and participating in technical meeting to define and implement appropriate designs and implementation
• Writing Ansible Script for configuration management
• Writing Bash (shell) Script for task automation
• using solarwinds for system management
- Linux Engineer at CSRA/General Dynamic
- System Administrator at Skylon Information Technologies, LLC
- Linux System Administrator at Linuxjobber consulting services inc
- Linux Administrator at National Society of Leadership and Success
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
• Built and configured Linux based servers including RedHat, CentOS, and Ubuntu
• Integrated Linux infrastructure into software monitoring system and wrote custom reporting scripts
• Installed, configured, and designed system infrastructure for Ansible automation framework
• Wrote Ansible automation playbooks to streamline server patching frequency and scheduling
• Deployed, managed, and troubleshooted servers in a virtualized environment using VMware
• Designed and implemented test environment framework for Commvault compatibility. Performed disaster recovery analysis and validation.
• Monitored and resolved system alerts for server issues such as networking, disk space usage, backup remediation, and memory usage
- LINUX ENGINEER at ORLANDO HEALTH
- DATA ANALYST at HOSTDIME.COM
- SUPPORT SUPERVISOR at HOSTDIME.COM
- SERVER ANALYST at HOSTDIME.COM
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- MASTER OF SCIENCE - COMPUTER SCIENCE
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - Finance
Engineer that provides 24/7/365 coverage at the Operations Support Center. Expedient provides Colocation Facilities, ISP Connectivity, Managed Systems, Networks, and Virtualization for 12 datacenters throughout the Northeast- All of which the OSC and it's staff have direct or indirect access/responsibility for. Expedient is multi tenant provider in which we are directly responsible for the management of customer services and equipment. During my 11 1/2 year tenure, I've had first hand access to systems administration in both Linux/Windows as well network administration in both Cisco/Juniper environments. I have also planned, designed and engineered the monitoring system (IBM Tivoli OMNIbus) which monitors both core infrastructure as well as customer equipment across all 12 datacenter's as well as POP, CO and customer premise locations.
- Linux Engineer at Expedient
- PC/Desktop Technician at BNY Mellon
- IT/Communications Technician at Halliburton
11 years, 5 months at this Job
• Build Red Hat Linux server 6 and 7, Configure and setup Netback-up/DDBR
• LDAP configuration and management.
• Experience with Physical and virtual Decommissioning of Linux servers
• Logical volume partitioning and managements.
• Red Hat Network configuration/networking protocols (DNS, NAT, SSL, TCP/IP, IPv4, UDP)
• Extended Experience with virtualization - KVM and VMware/vSphere.
• Experience using YUM and RPM for package management.
• Create Snaps for management approval required for server downtime/outage.
• Experience on IBM Remedy ticketing system; able to Assign, open and close tickets.
• Experience in Shell scripting (bash) to automate system administration jobs.
• Monitoring the hosts and networks using NAGIOS
• Performs moderately complex systems/database administration.
• Installed, configured, secured, and patched Linux servers using the latest Linux platform software packages.
• Managed user accounts and set user permission and privileges.
• Installed web servers using Apache, PHP for web server scripting and html language for website pages.
• Used bash and some Perl scripting for automated processes in managing disk space, deleting old logs, and cron jobs.
• Provided assistance in troubleshooting software installation and, application uptime and, network connection issues.
• Utilize firewall to control inbound and outbound traffic.
• Set up cron jobs for automated processes
• Installed and configured virtualization on Linux platforms using VMware, and KVM respectively.
• Installed and setup of Logical volume management and RAID hardware/software for high availability and fault tolerance.
• Maintain Linux systems serving as firewall, mail server, DHCP and DNS server
• NFS file system mounting and support for developers
• Monitoring System Performance of Virtual memory, Managing Swap Space, Disk utilization and CPU utilization
• Check alert logs, trace files and file System maintenance and application
- Linux Engineer at Bowie State University
- Enterprise Support Services/ IT Computer Technician at Bowie State University
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Security+ Certification
- BA (Hons) - Philosophy
- MS - Management - Information Systems
• Configured Jenkins for doing builds in all the non-production and production environments.
• Worked extensively on GIT version for doing code deployments in various environment
• Handled Jira tickets for SCM Support activities.
• Understanding and experience working with CI/CD tools and best practices.
• Experience in full stack application development with an understanding of infrastructure, platform and containers-as-a-service hosting and provisioning.
• Collaborate with engineering teams to identify gaps in their integration workflow.
• Collaborate to build, and deploy customized reusable application environments and application stacks using containers.
• Creating user level of access for related GitHub project directories to the code changes.
• Knowledge of installing RHEL Server from scratch using kick start and PXE boot.
• Responsible for migration of Microsoft Virtual Servers and VMware GSX servers to ESX platform.
• Strong knowledge of Linux kernel configuration, performance monitoring, and tuning.
• Hands on experience on Puppet for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
• Created Puppet modules for Linux configuration such as user, group, SSH, Kernel, Packages
• Understanding about all Puppet integrated tools such as Hiera, Mcollective, Facteretc
• Understanding of automatic provisioning system with kickstart and Puppet.
• Familiar with all puppet resources and templates to manage Linux configuration.
• Complete understanding about puppet functionality and connectivity between master and client.
• Worked exntensively on the LVM, which include creating PVs, VGs, LVs, file systems and troubleshooting.
• Involved in complete administration tasks on UNIX, RHEL servers and documentation for the projects
• Troubleshooting hardware and software problems.
• Knowledge of installing RHEL server using kickstart and cloning image.
• Install, configure, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of RHEL 5.5 and higher
- Linux Engineer at Paypal
- Linux System Administrator at JP Morgan Chase
- Linux System Administrator at Bank of America Augora Hills
- Linux Administrator at ARC Solutions
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelors in Computer Sciences - Computer Sciences
Roles and Responsibilities:
• The primary responsibility is to carry out day-to-day tasks of System Administration.
• Different types of Installation and configuration on RedHat, CentOs, Ubuntu, and Windows7.
• Administrations of Users and Groups.
• Linux Package management tools (RPM, YUM etc).
• Troubleshooting and Configuration of SSH, FTP, NFS and APACHE Server.
• Installing and configuring new servers based on requirements.
• DNS and NIS configuration.
• Responsible for creating, modifying and deleting users, groups and assigning the permissions to users and groups.
• Having the knowledge of creating LVM.
• Good understanding of error logging subsystem. Environments: LVM, DNS, DHCP, NFS, ACL's, FTP, TCP, NIS. PLACE: Bangalore.
- Linux Engineer at Cartronics Technologies Pvt Ltd
1 year at this Job
- Master of Computer Applications - Computer Applications
- Bachelor of Computer Applications - Computer Applications
• I was originally hired as a Linux Engineer but was promoted to a Principal Systems Engineer within one year.
• Used puppet for configuration management (RHEL, Centos, Debian) systems deployed to our datacenter and some in our Dev area in AWS.
• Deploying to AWS we have been using Terraform, custom AMIs, Packer, some Ansible and eb-deploy.
• Used GitHub (Enterprise) for revision control.
• Deployed Netapp 6240's in active-active dual-controller 7-mode. Migrated all production shared volumes using NFS for the website from 3140 Filers to a 6240-cluster using snap-mirror.
• Built RHEL hosts for Oracle RAC, migrated the RAC cluster from using NFS for ASM to San attached Luns over FCoE to increase performance for the commerce store. The blades were diskless, so the design included SAN (Luns) for the OS and for Oracle ASM using dm-multipath (device mapper).
• Assisted as a MySQL DBA setting up multiple mysql clusters with master/passive master and multiple slaves. Used mylvmbackup (lvm snapshots) on passive slaves (every 2 hours) and mysql logical dumps (nightly), also on passive slaves, to an NFS volume hosted on Netapp storage shelves. o Rebuilt slaves/masters when failures occurred. Later started using xtrabackup for full/incremental backups; and recovery.
• Setup multiple mongodb replica sets. Rebuilt mongodb hosts when failures occurred using the initial sync method to catch hosts back up.
• Created a script that ran LVM snapshots on mongodb database servers (every 2 hours) and mongo dumps (nightly) for each production mongodb cluster.
• Created a script to restore the stage environment mongodb clusters using production data on a weekly basis.
• Setup Elasticsearch cluster, 3 master/4 data nodes, Logstash, and Kibana for logging and other store analytics.
• Wrote a script in Python that pulled store item/orders from Oracle every minute, running the query results through MaxMind GeoIP and stored the data in Elasticsearch so we could see top products being purchased by country, city, state etc. on an Elastic Kibana dashboard with up to the minute status.
• In Python, used the Akamai/Prolexic API, and Arbor APS (API) blocked host count to automate routing on and off the Prolexic routed DDoS protection cleaning centers when attacks occurred. This also sent email to the appropriate groups that a change occurred.
• Wrote an API in Golang that when called would update a Datagroup in the F5. This was used in an Irule that would ban source addresses for the desired period of time. I extended a bot written in ruby that could be used in slack to call the api.
• Wrote a script in Kotlin and using the AWS java-elasticbeanstalk-sdk to terminate *inactive Elastic Beanstalk clusters (in a Blue/Green design) if they hadn't been updated in 4 hours and had our team tags on them.
• Wrote many other automation strategies.
• Setup a Hadoop (Hortonworks HDP) cluster as a POC for the business intelligence team.
• The Devops team I was on (Platform) ran most of their applications in Elastic Beanstalk in AWS. Using Terraform, I deployed one of our stacks in Docker containers using AWS Fargate as a POC. o The containers included the API, Nginx, Consul agent, Syslog-ng, and a Datadog agent. The service was behind an ALB.
• Supported all services required to run multiple part of the site. Apache Tomcat, Apache and Nginx web servers, Memcached, Redis, MongoDB, MySQL, Oracle Commerce (ATG), Red Hat Jboss, Oracle DB, Java, PHP, ActiveMQ, Solr.
• Setup Zabbix with a MySQL backend for an extensive monitoring solution with over 60,000 service checks.
• Troubleshooting application issues such as high load and memory issues related to Java applications. Issuing and analyzing thread and heap dumps to find out what is consuming CPU or memory.
• Setup Amazon AWS VPC for the dev environment(s). Setup the AWS development environment to be connected to our private datacenter using IPSEC.
• Responsible for creating and implementing a completely new datacenter design for the Bodybuilding.com website(s). The design included Cisco Nexus 7010 with multiple fabric modules, supervisor engines, and power supplies, Juniper SRX cluster and multiple F5 LTMs in HA.
• Setup Akamai CP's (content provider) for multiple subdomains for Bodybuilding.com so we could utilize their global caching edge services.
• Setup dual pairs of Cisco 5548 switches, Cisco UCS and VMWare so we could move all production public facing application and backend servers into virtual machines. We have over 300 production virtual machines to support Bodybuilding.com. The design used multihop FCoE, off a SAN virtual device context (vdc) on a Cisco 7010 L2/3 switch which presented the LUNs for ESXi inside volumes hosted on both 3140 (stage) and 6240 (production) Netapp controllers. Utilized NFS Datastores for virtual machines.
• Redesigned the corporate internal network. This new design used multiple MPLS circuits (single carrier) and backup (alternate carrier) IPSEC tunnels running OSPF as the routing protocol, for network redundancy. The original design before my arrival did not allow the Fulfilment centers to reach the Datacenter and required moving cables around if one of the connections went down.
- LINUX ENGINEER /PRINCIPAL SYSTEMS ENGINEER at LLC/VITALIZE , LLC
- SYSTEMS /NETWORK ENGINEER at BMHC
- Sr. Network Engineer, Technical Lead Network Security at Albertsons, Inc
- Sr. Network Engineer at Albertsons, Inc - Boise Id
10 years, 5 months at this Job
• Worked on designing, implementing and managing solutions utilizing Red Hat Linux 6 and 7
• As a Linux/Unix system administrator maintain the various servers and also Production Support of various applications in Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
• Involved in installing Puppet client and Ansible on Red hat servers for Automation purpose
• Installed Jenkins for automation
• Developed Cron jobs and Shell Scripts (Shell, Python) for automating administration tasks like file system management, process management, backup and restore.
• Installed and maintain puppet-based configuration management system
• Configure and managing LVM on Linux using tools like lvextend, lvcreate, resize2fs etc
• Experience in Installing, configuring and maintaining the file sharing servers like Samba, NFS, FTP and also Web Sphere & Web Logic Application Servers, Nagios and Chef.
• Worked on configuring the Linux machines through Kickstart (Red Hat Linux) program for Host and Network based Installations.
• Extremely familiar with usage of SSH and rsync/ ftp / sftp /scp / telnet for remote connections and ancillary needs.
• Experience working in VMware ESX (VSphere) 4.x hypervisor for virtualization and installed Linux (RHEL).
• Experience in Package management using RPM, YUM and UP2DATE in Red Hat Linux.
• Active participation in project planning and deployment
• Configured volume groups and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands.
• Responsible for Monitoring and fine tuning system and network performance for Linux systems.
- Linux Engineer at MA Tech International Inc
5 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Computer Science
- Associates Degree - Inter-Networking Technologies
Business environments of Local, State, Federal and DoD customers. Develop conceptual designs, engineering documents for implementation and client transformation. Operational documentation for best practices, standards, drawings. Work with operations teams in upgrade planning, roadmaps, and new technologies. Reevaluate and constant improve processes, standards, technologies. Provide Operations L3 escalation support. As needed, hands-on assistance in environment configurations, server deployment, travel to client site for planning, infrastructure builds. Technical interviews and development of team members in geographically dispersed teams. Security deployment of FireEye Endpoint Security servers, streamline Firewall Rule requests for customer compartments. Nessus scan remediation, OpenScap scans. Technology includes midrange - HPE ProLiant DL580, DL380, BL460c servers, HP c7000 Chassis, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL 6/7), physical and virtual servers (VMware ESXi 5/6), Oracle RAC, MySQL in production, pre-prod, test and Cloud DevOps environments.
Business environments of Local, State, Federal and DoD customers. Develop conceptual designs, engineering documents for implementation and client transformation. Operational documentation for best practices, standards, drawings. Work with operations teams in upgrade planning, roadmaps, and new technologies. Reevaluate and constant improve processes, standards, technologies. Provide Operations L3 escalation support. As needed, hands-on assistance in environment configurations, server deployment, travel to client site for planning, infrastructure builds. Technical interviews and development of team members in geographically dispersed teams.
Security deployment of FireEye Endpoint Security servers, streamline Firewall Rule requests for customer compartments. Nessus scan remediation, OpenScap scans. Technology includes midrange - HPE ProLiant DL580, DL380, BL460c servers, HP c7000 Chassis, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL 6/7), physical and virtual servers (VMware ESXi 5/6), Oracle RAC, MySQL in production, pre-prod, test and Cloud DevOps environments.
- Linux Engineer at Perspecta
- Technology Consultant IV at Perspecta
- SAN Storage / Linux Administrator at A.H. Belo Corporation
- Senior SAN Engineer at Xerox Corporation
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Associate - Computer Operations
- High school or equivalent
• Design, template, and support for over 500 RHEL 6.x, 7.x, CentOS 6.x, 7.x servers for a multi-tier application architecture across geographically diverse data centers
• Serve as senior Linux technical liaison for development, security, Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance (GRC) and networking collaboration for the dominant player in the healthcare records retrieval market
• Write and implement the corporate Linux standards documentation
• Deploy virtual systems with high degree of proficiency in VMware ESXi/VCenter/VSphere
• Build and maintain production specifications for virtual RHEL 6.x, 7.x, CentOS 6.x, 7.x, and Ubuntu systems
• Serve as tier three escalation resource for RHEL 6.x, 7.x, CentOS 6.x, 7.x, and Ubuntu systems
• Engineer and manage virtual disks for production systems
• Engineer and manage disaster recovery process for Linux systems that utilize multiple NFS/CIFS shares as primary data storage
• Exposure to Ansible, open-source Puppet, Puppet Bolt, and Docker CLI/Portainer
• Provision and configure Linux EC2 instances within corporate AWS VPCs
• Resolve HITRUST/SOC2 control gaps in corporate Linux systems
• Submit and complete Linux change management requests
- Linux Engineer at Ciox Health
- UNIX Engineer at QBE First
- UNIX Systems Administrator at Ventyx, Inc
- Sales Support Systems Engineer at Ventyx, Inc
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration - Information Systems