Environment: Linux, Windows, VMware ESXi, Nagios and Amazon Web Services (AWS) Responsibilities:
As a Linux Engineer, I have handled L1 support for production/Dev environments.
➢ Proactively monitored and administered production and development servers remotely at the data center and in-house Servers.
➢ Linux Administration: Install, Manage, Patching, Troubleshooting the RHEL Servers. Installing and upgrading packages and done patches on RHEL/CentOS servers using package managers like RPM and YUM.
➢ VMware Administration: Installed and configured ESXi hypervisor and vCenter operations, Host management, SRM, and created Templates, Snapshots, resource pools and clones
➢ AWS Administration: Managed the resources like EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, IAM, ELB, VPC, Route53, SNS, AMI, and Cloud Watch.
➢ Responsible for deploying servers and application requirements.
➢ Linux Servers/Services Administration - DNS, DHCP, Apache, and File Server.
➢ Configuring the network services like FTP, NFS, Samba, and HTTP, Nagios, Zabbix.
➢ Actively participated in disaster planning for VMware SRM setup.
- Linux Engineer at Aravinda Technologies
- Executive Service Enablement at Locuz enterprises Pvt ltd
- IT Coordinator at Vimta Labs Ltd
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Masters - Computer Applications
- Bachelors of Science
Linux Engineer/Administrator for a major company that manages electronic transactions for six major Toll-ways across the United States. Our team of experienced Linux Administrators, manage over 700 Linux servers (PROD/DEV/TEST) 24/7, 90 percent VM OEL 5x and 6x. This is a highly visible position, so experienced administration is mandatory. Many of our projects and automated scripts are tested weeks in advanced before implementation. We work very closely with our DBA Team, our administration is mandatory for all outage
● Provide technical engineering and implementation services for the planning, design, integration, and testing of Enterprise Cross-Domain Services (ECDS) on RHEL platform. Interface with the client in the design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs. Responsibilities:
● Install, configure, and maintain RHEL systems to support business processing requirements
● Provide top level technical support, assist in the evaluation of new products and services, and may manage vendor SLA
● Implement, design, and manage complex Virtual and physical RHEL server infrastructures. Various hypervisors and management platforms (vSphere/vCenter)
● Solid knowledge and experience with OEL, CENTOS, RHEL OS ( 5x, 6x, 7x) and application delivery/packaging solutions, including RPM consolidation, critical patch management Kernel tuning and Shell scripting (bash, perl)
● Experience with VMware, console management, and virtualization system backup capabilities. Networking and storage-related switching, routing. Configuring static routes, packet filtering, and network address translation
● Implement and maintain system management software, as well as research, analyze, and implement software patches and hardware modifications to resolve deficiencies.
● Setting kernel run time parameters & shell scripting for automation
● Perform capacity and resource planning by assessing risks and developing contingency plans
● Maintain production change control schedule an when needed, assist in the change control
● Support and schedule operating systems installations and upgrades, as well as layered software package
- Linux Engineer/Administrator at ETC Corporation
- UNIX Administrator/Engineer at Puffer Sweiven
- System Admin III at Rice University
- System Administrator, Contract at IBM/CTG
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- - CISv
- Linux Certification
• Worked on daily work orders which included configuration of file systems, partitioning and further storage management using LVM.
• Installed Linux, Apache, MySql, PHP (LAMP) stack on Red Hat 6.x/7.x.
• Configured DNS server and maintained records in the forward.zone and reverse.zone files.
• Extended logical volume groups as needed from volume groups.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts using IPA Server web panel.
• Established, maintained and managed users Unix accounts. Installed, modified and maintained systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provide server support related to other software.
• Basic understanding of Ansible configurations management tool. Involved in configuring Ansible and used it to perform ad-hoc quires and ran playbooks that were written by others.
• Worked on variety of Red Hat Enterprise Linux /6.x/7.x severs, which included installation, configuration and maintenance of applications in a full production environment.
• Installing and configuring Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS. Performing timely backups using tar or rsync utilities.
• Cloned VMs on a regular bases and configured guest hardware, CPU and Memory Utilization via customize guest OS option in Vmware vCenter.
• Performed git clone and pull using Git from remote repo; Git Hub. Ansible scripts updated by others.
• Worked on ESXI hosts and ESX host cluster.
• Performed upgrades on the Templets by converting to a bootable VM and converting it back to a template to be used for creating new VMs.
• Performed regular configuration of network and resolved any issues network related issues.
• Restricted access to TCP wrapper supported services with the use of hosts.allow file and hosts.deny file for added security.
• Understanding of a host-based, software firewall managed by netfilter/iptables Utility: chains, rules, policies and targets.
• Used nmap utility to create a network service list to see which port is open and what services are provided/open on the local network.
• Configured client computer using Network Interface Card NIC - Pre Execution Environment (PXE ). Specified network range dynamic-boot in the dhcpd config file.
• Performed regular backups using rsync to synchronize and archive files to backup servers. Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x, VMware Vcenter, ESX Hosts, NFS, Git, GitHub. MySQL database, LAMP Stack, LVM, Nagios, Ansible, Apache httpd, SSH.
- Linux Engineer at Media Ocean
- Linux Engineer at Kaiser Permanente
- Jr. Systems Administrator at Philips Health Care
3 years at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Details accomplishment: Using Jenkins and Writing script (Bash shell and Perl) for automation and for development of (Nagios) monitoring and system engineering jobs.
• Supporting Linux (Rhel 5.x, 6.x) production servers (Troubleshooting, monitoring, patching, file system management )
• Production Support of applications: Monitoring and Troubleshooting
• Production Deployment of java applications and SQL script in production environment (Tomcat, Apache, Oracle)
• Creating Jenkins job (scripts) for day to day administration and engineering job
• SFTP server management, LDAP, user and access management
• Troubleshooting of application servers issue: Tomcat, JVM, Apache,
• Installation and configuration of middleware stack (glassfish, Tomcat)
• SQL and ETL jobs in SQL server: execution and monitoring
• Executing and creating logs of various DML and DDL SQL in Oracle SQL plus.
• Creation and execution of various sql and bash scripts for deployment purpose.
• Cron jobs
• Nagios plugins and event handlers
• Custom monitoring and api call to third party apps
• Monitoring: Nagios, new relic, and pingdom
• Writing scripts for Nagios plugins (event handler) for any service command for auto recovery
• Creating scripts for Nagios custom checks
• Writing plugins in bash shell script
• Tuning perl script to Nagios checks
• Wring rest api in shell script to new relic metrics call for custom reports
• Tuning, creation and decommission of cron jobs
• Writing Technical Documentation
- Linux Engineer at K12 Inc., VA
- Linux Application Engineer at Comcast
- Linux Security Engineer (Redhat Linux) at Swift Inc
- Linux System Admin at Nomad Digital
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- M.S. in Computer Engineering - Computer Engineering
➢ Administrated Linux cluster consisting of 128 nodes running both on Redhat and Suse
➢ Added new nodes to the cluster, updated the nodes with patches from RHN and satellite server.
➢ Configuring servers and setting up File systems, managing Disks space, and space clean up as required, clean setting up and troubleshooting networks issues like NFS/DNS/DHCP.
➢ Managed Disk using LVM, resized disk space and Managed disk space from NetApp filers.
➢ Trouble shooting system - OS level and Hardware level.
➢ Worked on NTP server setup and synchronized clients with NTP server.
➢ Administrated system logs and security logs, Performed Kernel tuning and kernel patching.
➢ Managed Remedy Queue to assign tickets according to level of expertise required and resolved the cases to resolution for cases whose ownership is taken.
➢ Working on FTP, SAMBA and NFS related issues.
➢ Configured the servers and clients with Veritas Netbackup and monitoring Jobs & Activities.
➢ Performed backup, Archive and restore operations using Veritas Netbackup tool on servers.
➢ Day to day administration of Production, QA, Development and Test environment systems.
➢ Refresh/copy databases using UNIX commands & scripts (ART-tool using DD command son backend) every quarter on stage and development servers from respective DR of that Data Base.
➢ Re-fired Backups, modifying backup config file (implementing various changes advised by DBA) and solving various backup related issues on DBBS (Data base backup systems)
➢ Created User id and adding the respective group storage to access the security servers depending on validation of justification from client. Environment: RedHat 5.x,6.x, FTP, Samba, Veritas Netbackup, NTP, DHCP, LDAP, AD, Suse, File systems, VMWare ESXI 5.x,6.x, Troubleshooting, ACL.
- Linux Engineer at
- Linux Administrator at Cerner
- Linux/ VMware/ Windows Administrator at Capitol One
- Linux System Administrator at Bhilwara Info Tech
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- - large Red Hat Linux/CentOS environment
Key team resource for the management of our Physical Infrastructure, Virtual Infrastructure, and Container Infrastructure.
Maintenance and management of new and existing Linux environment(s) and Windows environment(s).
• Management of various solutions that utilized various technologies and vendors. ◦ Hardware: HP, Supermicro. Network: Juniper, HP/Brocade F5. Hypervisors: VMware, KVM/OpenStack. Container: Kubernetes, Docker. Storage: EMC VNXe, Synology, HP Nimble. Backups/DR: Veeam
• Took lead on the implementation of Nimble storage for the corporate environment allowing for resilient backend storage and improved system uptime and performance.
• Key player in the acquisition and implementation of Dell VxRail, providing a resilient, scalable, infrastructure to meet the demands of the business allowing support of the fast paced growth.
• Key player in the implementation of Citrix for an improved VDI infrastructure experience that will allow for work to be conducted safely in various remote locations.
• Key player in the implementation and upkeep of the Application Security programs such as HackerOne and Checkmarx, providing security research in to the companies mission critical applications and reporting bugs and vulnerabilities when and where needed.
• Part-time resource on the Ofensive Security team conducting external penetration testing against the company perimeter and providing remediation suggestions to the appropriate teams. ◦ Tools: Rapid7 InsightVM, Rapid7 Metasploit Pro, Qualys, RSA NetWitness, Carbon Black Defense, Carbon Black Response, CrowdStrike Falcon, PortSwigger Burp Suite Pro and more
- Linux Engineer at InfoArmor
- Solutions Engineer at Newtek Technology Solutions
- Logistics at Old Navy/Gap, Inc
- Seaman at US Coast Guard
7 months at this Job
- High school
• Installed RHEL 5.0/6.0 and Solaris 10 using kick start/jumpstart and custom building the servers per company policy.
• Design and build automated infrastructure using open source tools.
• Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
• Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points, and Packages.
• Provide advanced system administration, operational support and problem resolution for large complex Red Hat Linux, Solaris computing environment.
• Assess and implement best practices for security and availability using F5 load balancing.
• Oracle Exa data storage for the Oracle Database and maintenance.
• Worked on the Oracle Super clutters T5-8 configuration, management and maintenance.
• Installation, configuration and maintenance of CDOM, and Zones
• Performance tuning, Project planning, execution and Upgrade of the System from RHEL 5, 6 to Oracle Solaris 11.Administered and set up Oracle RAC on RHEL 5.x servers. Experience with web deployment technology specifically Linux/Nginx/Apache/Tomcat/Java. Deployed both Hyper-V and VMware Hypervisor environments.
• RHEL 4-6 server builds using Kickstart on standalone and VMware environment.
• Worked with MPxIO, EMC PowerPath configuration for SAN redundancy.
• Implemented Oracle 11g RAC on Sun Solaris Cluster integrated with EMC.
- Linux Engineer at Qualcomm
- Linux/AWS Engineer at American Airlines
- Linux Administrator at Home Depot
- Unix Systems Admin at Core Services
2 years, 7 months at this Job
• Administrated Linux cluster consisting of 128 nodes running both on Redhat and Suse
• Added new nodes to the cluster, updated the nodes with patches from RHN and satellite server.
• Configuring servers and setting up File systems, managing Disks space, and space clean up as required, clean setting up and troubleshooting networks issues like NFS/DNS/DHCP.
• Managed Disk using LVM, resized disk space and Managed disk space from NetApp filers.
• Trouble shooting system - OS level and Hardware level.
• Worked on NTP server setup and synchronized clients with NTP server.
• Administrated system logs and security logs, Performed Kernel tuning and kernel patching.
• Managed Remedy Queue to assign tickets according to level of expertise required and resolved the cases to resolution for cases whose ownership is taken.
• Working on FTP, SAMBA and NFS related issues.
• Configured the servers and clients with Veritas Netbackup and monitoring Jobs & Activities.
• Performed backup, Archive and restore operations using Veritas Netbackup tool on servers.
• Day to day administration of Production, QA, Development and Test environment systems.
• Refresh/copy databases using UNIX commands & scripts (ART-tool using DD command son backend) every quarter on stage and development servers from respective DR of that Data Base.
• Re-fired Backups, modifying backup config file (implementing various changes advised by DBA) and solving various backup related issues on DBBS (Data base backup systems)
• Created User id and adding the respective group storage to access the security servers depending on validation of justification from client. Environment: RedHat 5.x,6.x, FTP, Samba, Veritas Netbackup, NTP, DHCP, LDAP, AD, Suse, File systems, VMWare ESXI 5.x,6.x, Troubleshooting, ACL.
- Linux Engineer at GE
- Linux Administrator at Cerner, Kansas City- MO
- Linux/ VMware/ Windows Administrator at Capitol One, Richmond-VA
- Linux System Administrator at Jacobs Technology
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - large Red Hat Linux/CentOS environment
• Created Ansible playbooks for Post server configuration for OpenStack deployment
• Active role in test and setup Cisco's version of Openstack appliance Cisco Equinix NFV Cloud Exchange with UCS hardware
• Setup Cisco ESC and Cisco NSO NODES with cobbler, then post configuration with Ansible Playbooks
• Key Engineer in troubleshooting and deployment of Linux and OpenStack Environment
• Assisted Virtualization team with VMWare ESXi upgrades from 6.0 to 6.5
• Worked with PM to help create the processes and documentation for internal teams Environment: Linux (CentOS 7+, RHEL 7+, Ubuntu 18.04 Server), OpenStack CISCO VIM 2.4), CISCO UCS, CIMC Libvirt, KVM, Ansible (playbooks), Bash, Python, Confluence, Cobbler, VMware Enhanced Authentication Plug-in, packstack
- Sr. OpenStack & Linux Engineer at Dulles Consulting @ Equinix
- Lead Tier 3 Cloud Admin Engineer at ERG / WANCLOUDS @ CISCO
- Senior Admin Architect at SUNERATECH
- Principal Consultant at NTT DATA, INC
5 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY - (BTECH) INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Lead engineer for Linux architecture for Caris Build and maintain all Linux servers for all segments of company Designed and build system configuration system (Spacewalk) Designed and built server monitoring system (Nagios) After Hours support Maintain Servers and Data Centers in 2 cities (Phoenix/Dallas)
- Sr. Linux Engineer at Caris Life Sciences
- Sr. Unix / Linux Engineer at Hudson Advisors
- Linux Engineer / Weblogic Engineer at Verizon
- UNIX Engineer / Data Center Management at Avaya
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- - English / Journalism