September 2015 - present
Linux system administrator/DevOps
• Deployment of software and applications on Linux servers in production environment.
• Experience working with Version Control Systems CVS, SVN (Subversion), GIT.
• Maintained build and deployment scripts using ANSIBLE and trigger the jobs using JENKINS to move from one environment to other environments.
• Use Jenkins to perform automated Builds, code compilation and Deployments.
• Used MAVEN and ANT as build tools on projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
• Performed automation testing with Jenkins and executed tests with different frameworks.
• Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT/ Subversion support for different projects and responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories.
• Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python, SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
• Collaborate with networking, engineering and support teams in resolving escalating issues.
• Experience with bash scripting
• Experience with Enterprise X86 servers.
• Deployed artifacts on AWS EC2 Instances and automate the process of build and deployment using Ansible playbooks.
• Automation of OS builds and Application Installation through Ansible
• Knowledge of AWS
• Experience with Nexus
• Working in collaboration with different team to be able to have successful swings/releases almost every month.
• Long off hours troubleshooting calls
• Configuration and hardening of Linux servers, evaluating needs and installing appropriate recommended patches as needed
• Manage user accounts for the team access on Red Hat Server.
• Work in a fast paste environment with thousands of servers.
• Installing and administering Samba on Linux systems and mapping to Windows servers.
• Creating and deploying LVM, resizing the logical volume and volume group and Configuration and administration of LDAP, NFS, FTP in Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
• Installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Handling troubleshooting issues like DNS, DHCP, packages, User management and backup. SKILLS: Bitbucket/ Git, JENKINS, MAVEN, Ansible, Nagios. Shell scripting, YAML Company's Name
- Linux system administrator/DevOps at Data Service Group
- Linux System Administrator at Trinitech Consulting Inc
- Linux systems Administrator at VESTCOM. LLC
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor in Business Administration - Business Administration
- High school diploma
• Built, installed, configured CentOS in the Data Center
• Configuration Management Using(Puppet)
• Access Control Management
• Managed Ec2 environment for the Linux jobber website development server including configuration and deployment of all required infrastructure like web server, msql, and administrative tasks
• Installed, configured, and scheduled network backup jobs using rsync
• Responsible for setting up and administering users and groups account; setting permissions for users and security rights
• Set the Samba server for cross-platform file sharing in the Linux jobber project
• Operating Systems installation using ftp, nfs, http, and kickstart
• Linux storage management using LVM
• Created and mounted a Linux Files System
• Responsible for creating and managing user accounts, security rights, and disk space in Centos Linux
• Installed, upgraded, and managed packages via RPM and YUM package management
• Reset password and unlock user accounts
• Installed, configured, and supported of http, https, vsftpd, and nfs on the Linux production
• Administered VMWare in Enterprise Environment
• Created VPC, Subnets and Route tables on AWS
• Launched and connected to an Ec2 Linux instance on AWS
• Created an AMI(Amazon Machine Images) and launched a new server
• Attached and detached an Amazon Elastic Block Store to and Ec2 instance
• Proficient in Linux command line
- Linux System Administrator Intern at Linux Jobber
- Opera Engineer Admin 2/ Team Lead at Oracle Corporation
- Network Operation Specialist at Avaya
- Tier 2 VoIP Specialist/NOC at Global Telecom Brokers
6 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- Bachelors' of Science in Information Systems and Business Administration - Information Systems
Administer, managed and worked in a fast pace environment with thousands of servers. ◆ Participate in 24/7 On-Call Rotation both as Primary and Secondary Linux System Administrator. ◆ Participate in off hour bridge meeting for troubleshooting or emergency fixes. ◆ Involved in design and enforcing of standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security, and performance. ◆ Worked on the installation of Operating System software on different OS platforms. ◆ Responsible for Troubleshooting various network problems and system problems. ◆ Building of physical and virtual machines, Network Configuration, and server Hardening. ◆ Manage system processes and scheduling processes with the cron utility. ◆ Proficient in Troubleshooting both independently with Team Mates and with my support team. ◆ Performed proactive server maintenance procedures to ensure optimal performance. ◆ Regular Security Patching and Critical Patch Updates. ◆ Created and managed user accounts, log management, shared folders, Reporting, Group Policy Restrictions, etc. ◆ Actively involved in monitoring Linux servers through log management and performance tuning. ◆ Work with version control systems using Bitbucket and GIT. ◆ Practical working knowledge of Ansible playbook and roles. ◆ Experience with enterprise X86 servers ◆ Exposure on provisioning systems, Automated Build Platforms. ◆ Collaborate with team mates and support teams in resolving escalating issues. ◆ Interacting with customers to talk about their problems and request regarding system issues. ◆ Ensure that client's computers have access to servers and other network resources. ◆ Help customers with internet connectivity. ◆ Provide customer service to resolve computer issues. ◆ Perform duties as assigned in support of the customer and assisting end-users with general IT questions and support ◆ Mentoring of new employees/hire
- Linux System Administrator/DevOps at Data Service Group
- Linux System Administrator at Calpine Corp
- IT Support Specialist at
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Computer Science
• Configuring networking information on printers, computers, IV pumps, and CT scanners
• Breaking down devices into separate subnets within private IP addressing Linux System Administrator Tenax Technologies 4694 Millennium Dr #520, Belcamp, MD 21017 Sept 2017 - Sept 2018
- Linux System Administrator at Tenax Technologies
- at Upper Chesapeake Medical Center
1 year at this Job
- Preform Linux System Administrator duties to ensure compliance with Federal Cyber Security standards for Linux systems - Remote troubleshooting of Linux systems across the country including devices on Isolated Lan networks and Standalone machines requiring guiding onsite technicians through process - Utilize bash command line to investigate logs and troubleshoot issues on Linux systems - Create guides for other technicians to preform light work on Linux devices - Install and utilize Qualys software to preform vulnerability scanning on network
- Linux System Administrator and Information Security Analyst at Lockheed Martin
- NOC Technician and Linux System Support Specialist at Transcore
- Tier 3 Helpdesk Linux System Administrator at Transaction Data Systems
6 months at this Job
- Certification - A+, Net+, Security+
- Certification - Windows Server 2008, 2012
· Technical support and expertise for various Servers & Applications on ORACLE Solaris 9/10/11, Oracle Enterprise Linux 5/6/7 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 4/5/6/7 and SuSE 10/11 environment · Install, configure, administer and troubleshoot virtual servers on VMware vCenter Server using vSphere Client (local and web) · Provide assistance in installation and support for Sun hardware and software products including version and release upgrades to existing installed software base. · Hardware/ Software support for Oracle T4, T5, T7 servers, SPARC T-Series, M-Series and other SUN branded Servers · Hardware/Software support for DELL Enterprise PowerEdge servers (Generation 8, 9, 11, 12, 13 and 14) as well as Cisco M200 M2 High-Density Rack server · Solid experience on Solaris 9/10/11 and RHEL 4/5/6/7 installation, administration & maintenance · Configure Jumpstart and Kickstart server builds for complete hands-free installation of servers with custom profiles, begin/finish scripts and custom package suites/clusters · Expertise in setting up and administration of Logical Volume Manager (LVM) with EXT2/EXt3/EXT4 and XFS file systems management, Solaris ZFS with quota management, VERITAS Volume Manager, VxFS, Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) and Veritas Cluster File System (VxCFS) · Integration of various servers and update it with various patch management tools like RedHat Satellite, Solaris Boot Environment (BE), Solaris Live Upgrade (LU) on a ZFS root as well as Veritas Encapsulated root · Clear understanding of Veritas Encapsulation/Un-encapsulation and system recovery through it · Troubleshoot network protocols such as NFS, DNS, TCP/IP, SMTP & SNMP · Provide assistance, support and actively involved in Enterprise Disaster Recovery (DR) Test and various Data Center Migrations with understanding of Oracle DataGuard, VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) and EMC Recover Point · Upgrade and maintain firmware on SUN M-Series, T-Series of SUN Servers · Migrated several servers from old/unsupported platforms of Solaris to latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) servers · Clear understanding of the project tracking and issue reporting using JIRA and IT Service Management process (ITSM) including Change and Major Incident Management using BMC Remedy · Worked with developers on several occasions with the DevOps tools for continuous integration and version controlling like Jenkins & GIT · Administration and clear understanding of Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC), Open Manage System Administrator (OMSA) and Server Update Utility(SUU) on Dell PowerEdge servers · Install and configure Apache, Centrify, Bladelogic, Radia and Cybermation (CA) ESP Agent on Solaris and RHEL · Familiarity of Bash, KSH and Python shell script · Install, manage and administer Oracle Solaris Control Domains (CDOM) and Logical Domains (LDOMs) on SPARC T-Series servers · Administer, configure and manage 10G Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) on RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Oracle Solaris with network aggregation and VLAN Tagging · Manage user accounts, Systems provisioning/ security, change management and performance tuning · Firmware upgrades and Configuration Emulex Host Bus Adaptors (HBAs) LP9802, LPe11000-S/E and LPe12000-E as well as QLogic adaptors on Solaris and Linux servers · Provide Tier 1 support for Oracle DB and MySQL with Kernel tuning · Work closely with Enterprise Information Risk and Security (EIRS) team regarding PCI/SOX guidelines to enforce them along with Nessus scans remediation · Received multiple Focused recognition and Culture Hero mention for the exceptional contribution on Disaster Recovery (DR), Data Center migration as well as daily tasks. · Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, self-motivated with a high degree of attention, a great team player committed to work and has effective leadership qualities
- UNIX/ Linux System Administrator at Windstream Communications
- Graduate Assistant/ Advisor at Southwest Minnesota State University
- Asst. Store Manager at I.S. Retails Ltd
- Finance Intern at Laxmi Bank Limited
6 years, 5 months at this Job
- MBA - Leadership and Management
- Bachelor of Science - Corporate Finance and Investment Policy
- Bachelor of Business Studies - Finance
• Linux systems administrator with experience configuring, monitoring, upgrading and maintaining systems software and related infrastructure.
• Strong analytical skills able to work with technicians from various engineering disciplines to troubleshoot complex system-level issues.
• Installed, configured and maintained file share servers like NFS and Samba for remote sites.
• Monitored and managed email spam filters, firewalls, anti-virus systems, and vulnerability scanners.
• Patching and creating processes for system updates to minimize risk of application failures.
• Filesystem management and setting of monitoring tools such as OMD/Nagios to check health and prevent a server/system glitch.
• Preeminent troubleshooting skills to achieve great performance in Networking, Web Servers and Application Servers.
• Deployment and installation of DNS and Configured SSH key-based authentication to improve security, reduce costs, and automate tasks.
• Proactively manage and maintain server, network and firewall systems.
• Documents complex procedures and troubleshooting procedures related to systems/networks software.
• Configure security settings or access permissions for groups and individuals
- Linux System Administrator at FEDEX
- Linux System Administrator at HUMANA AT HOME
- Jr Linux System Administrator at INSTACART
- IT Technical Support at TEXAS SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY
2 months at this Job
- B.sc - Environmental Health Sciences
Linux Systems Administrator
- Linux System Administrator at Sun Microsystems
5 years, 11 months at this Job
- Computer Information Systems - Computer Information Systems
System administration in the Red Hat Enterprise environment RHEL 5/6/7 with VMware ESXi 6.5 and a thousand machines. Install OS, patches, create file systems, applications support, performance monitoring, shell scripting, Linux security, implement PCI and SOX compliance in the Linux environment.
- Linux System Administrator at HD Supply
- Unix System Administrator at Citibank
- Unix System Engineer at Marriott Vacation Worldwide
- Unix System Engineer at Nielsen Media
3 months at this Job
- B.S. - Computer Information Systems
- M.S. Computer - Information Science
- M.A. - Mathematics
Current Project: Installation of new physical servers to migrate RedHat Linux 5 & 6 to 7.
• Supporting 1000+ Linux servers on physical, virtual and cloud environment.
• Performing of general system administration, monitoring and maintenance of day-to-day operations.
• Wrote bash script to monitor services and other important processes.
• Installed, configure, monitor and maintain applications and databases on Linux servers to ensure maximum availability.
• Diagnose complex customer emails issues and provide quick and accurate solutions within a collaborative team. Worked with NOC and SOC to resolve server related and customers' issues.
• Maintain data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data and system integrity.
• Resolving of rDNS for Mediacom clients.
• Install, configure and maintain applications like nginx, apache, nexpose scan.
• Networking monitoring, analyzing, troubleshooting.
• Participate in the deployment of Splunk infrastructure for data analysis and reporting.
• Perform system upgrades, patches installation via Redhat Satellite and on CLI using yum and rpm, quarterly and as needed.
• Plan, document, review and maintain system administration guidelines and policies.
• Rotating on call pager responsibilities for Production environment.
• Deployment and configuration of new virtual machine on Vmware ESXi and registered them with Redhat Satellite.
• Implement and maintain services running on Linux server and AWS instances
• Working experience of LDAP and Duo authentication environment.
• Security and compliance to maintain security standards including patches, fixes. Kernel tuning and optimizations.
• System and application monitoring utilizing the Nagios monitoring software.
• Good knowledge of SQL language, MySQL and Oracle databases in server administration and installation.
• Coordinate with application vendors for upgrades, enhancements, and technical support as required.
• Participate in capacity planning, disk expansion with LVM and memory management.
• Support development, test and production environments.
• Working knowledge of automation Configuration Management tools such as Ansible and working Knowledge of AWS.
- Linux System Administrator at
- Linux System Administrator at Tennessee Valley Authority
- Linux Redhat System Administrator (Security) at Oracle Corp
- Windows Administrator at Medstarvna, Baltimore
1 year, 5 months at this Job