Administration of RHEL versions 7 and 6 which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual server issues. Built and configured various services like DNS, DHCP, NFS, Send mail, Apache Web Server, NIS, Samba, SSH, Telnet, http, RPM Package Management. Installing RedHat Linux using kickstart and applying security polices to check for any vulnerabilities before deployment. Monitoring system service using Nagios, monitoring and turned the system to archive optimum performance. Handled patching, and software updates using UP2DATE, YUM, and RPM. Involved in configuring iptables firewall and hardening Linux systems for system security. Improved security using SUDO, TCPdump & iostat, Iptables, Selinux. Disabling telnet and enabling SSH. Manually setting up sshd_authorized keys. Finalized configuration files and set file permissions. Created Crontab commands to perform system Backup and automated administration tasks using scripting. Executed LVM task like creating physical volumes, volume groups, logical volume and file system. Resized disk space and created new mount points. Setup NFS and Samba File sharing setup on Linux and Windows servers. Account Management User with NIS/LDAP. On-call 24/7 for supporting production issues. Delivered technical support by troubleshooting Day-to-Day issues with various Servers on different platforms. Linux System Administrator Perform server provisioning and configurations based on user requirements. Managing Linux servers as well as contributing to application migration efforts as part of data center migration project. Utilized other monitoring tools such as App Dynamic, to monitor, analyze applications and optimize performance. Follow organizational change processes for all server maintenance efforts. Install and maintain OS patches and security updates across prod, uat and dev environments that are running various applications including Oracle databases, Oracle Access manager, OEM, E-Business, Tomcat, Apache web services. Create, modify, and assign sudo privileges to approved OS accounts. Reset user passwords and unlock accounts as per user requests. Configure new services servers as necessary. Configure LVM-based partitions and manage mount points usage as needed. Resolve performance issues on servers. Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedure documentations. Maintain nfs-based mount points for Oracle databases. Attend to all user accounts requests and issues. Maintain file system and host security. Turn-off unused services on servers to harden host security. Manage file system request like creating directory symbolic links as requested by users. Configure nfs server and mount exported resources on clients. Setup and manage passwordless key-based ssh authentications on servers. Schedule and maintain cron jobs for users as needed. Tune kernel parameters per Oracle database and other applications requirements. Monitor system logs and activities on servers to detect and resolve potential issues. Ensure ntp clients are in sync with ntp servers. Respond to and close out tickets. Take turns for 24/7 production support. Linux System Administrator Accomplished standard system administration tasks, such as patching, software and hardware upgrades, troubleshooting and problem resolution. Installed and configured hardware and Linux software to all servers in the network per specifications of clients. Monitored the servers and Linux scripts regularly and performed troubleshooting steps - tested and installed the latest software on server for end-users. Responsible for creating and managing user accounts. Created users with limited and full root privileges. Analyzed daily system monitoring, verified the integrity and availability of all hardware and server resources, and reviewed system and application logs. Created and managed of VM's using KVM. Performance monitoring with conventional tools such as top, sar, netstat, iostat. Maintain profiles, security, rights disk space and process monitoring. Rewrote job scheduling using Cron. Increased support for Disk management, software solutions. Cyber Security Analyst Maintain and improve the centralized Identity and Access Management environment (IAM). Implemented periodic access controls and log monitoring. Modified, suspended/removed user access across multiple technology platforms while ensuring compliance in established processes. Reviewed and analyzed each service request to ensure least privilege methodologies to ensure appropriate access for each job role. Strong knowledge of ITIL frame work, responsible for identifying, updating, modifying, and correcting active directory accounts. Applying Identity and Access Management controls to enable the business to operate efficiently, cost-effectively, and in compliance with regulatory and industry best practices. Coordinated timely and appropriate response to escalated incidents as well as maintained incident response SOPs. Maintain ticketing system capturing all prevalent details regarding security incidents and performing updates when necessary. Monitor and maintain data loss prevention system while improving policies and rules to lower false positive rates. Identify trends, potential new technologies, and emerging threats which may lead to business downtime. Monitor information security alerts using Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM) to triage, mitigate, and escalate issues as needed while capturing essential details and artifacts. IT Support Performed performance trend analysis and managed server/network capacity. Proposed client configuration and implemented technical solutions to enhance and troubleshoot systems. Performed general maintenance tasks, troubleshoots and prepares IT equipment such as Computer systems, server, network switches and routers, servers for optimum functions. Provided desktop support, technical troubleshooting, IT onsite support as well as maintain systems/network Performed security patches and updates. Created Active Directory accounts.
- Linux System Administrator/Mentor2018 at MY IT ACADEMYHouston, TX
at this Job
- Bachelor's - Cell Biology and Genetics
Administer, managed and worked in a fast pace environment with thousands of servers. ◆ Participate in 24/7 On-Call Rotation both as Primary and Secondary Linux System Administrator. ◆ Participate in off hour bridge meeting for troubleshooting or emergency fixes. ◆ Involved in design and enforcing of standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security, and performance. ◆ Worked on the installation of Operating System software on different OS platforms. ◆ Responsible for Troubleshooting various network problems and system problems. ◆ Building of physical and virtual machines, Network Configuration, and server Hardening. ◆ Manage system processes and scheduling processes with the cron utility. ◆ Proficient in Troubleshooting both independently with Team Mates and with my support team. ◆ Performed proactive server maintenance procedures to ensure optimal performance. ◆ Regular Security Patching and Critical Patch Updates. ◆ Created and managed user accounts, log management, shared folders, Reporting, Group Policy Restrictions, etc. ◆ Actively involved in monitoring Linux servers through log management and performance tuning. ◆ Work with version control systems using Bitbucket and GIT. ◆ Practical working knowledge of Ansible playbook and roles. ◆ Experience with enterprise X86 servers ◆ Exposure on provisioning systems, Automated Build Platforms. ◆ Collaborate with team mates and support teams in resolving escalating issues. ◆ Interacting with customers to talk about their problems and request regarding system issues. ◆ Ensure that client's computers have access to servers and other network resources. ◆ Help customers with internet connectivity. ◆ Provide customer service to resolve computer issues. ◆ Perform duties as assigned in support of the customer and assisting end-users with general IT questions and support ◆ Mentoring of new employees/hire
- Linux System Administrator/DevOps at Data Consulting Group Inc
- Linux System Administrator at Calpine Corp
- IT Support Specialist at cafe Bamenda CMR
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Computer Science
• Experience troubleshooting and/or configuring Linux and Windows servers
• Manages user accounts on both Windows and Linux servers
• Administers systems, and configuration via automation
• Provide network systems securities through policy enforcement and monitoring access
• Able to install Linux servers, troubleshoot hardware/software installation and basic networking issues
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn, retain, and apply good interpersonal skills, and perform effectively under time pressure
• Monitoring infrastructure availability and performance
• Performs software upgrades, patch installs, firmware upgrades then test for functionality on a periodic basis
• Performing hardware maintenance/repair activities Linux System administrator New Dimensions It August 2013- June 2017 Cheverly MD
• Maintain network and workstation/ hardware and software
• Manages user accounts on both Windows and Linux servers
• Configure new applications on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and monitoring utilities
• Deploy, troubleshoot, and manage Linux servers
• Troubleshooting assistance that includes common problems/issues
• Installation and rollback procedures
- Linux System Administrator at Lolubyte IT Consultants
- Field Service Technician at Axxce Media Technology
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- A.A.S - Education
• Daily administration and management of servers, applications and file systems
• Administration of local and remote servers using the SSH utility
• Experienced with the virtual build, installation, configuration, and maintenance of Linux Red Hat 6.x
• Set up user and group login ID's, network configuration, passwords, and resolution of permission and access related issues via ACL
• Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot enterprise-wide Apache web servers and Tomcat application containers in a large Red Hat Linux/CentOS environment
• Installed, configured and maintained VMware (ESXi 5.x/6.x) in an Enterprise Environment and also configured Virtual Machines on the VMware host.
• Install, Update and erase the required packages to provide services using Rpm and YUM.
• Automated monitoring process using shell & Perl scripts.
• Experience installing and maintaining monitoring tool like Nagios.
• Experience Installing and Configuring Jenkins CI/Continuous Integration tool to support a fast paced software development environment
• Monitoring via Nagios to ensure consistently aware of application, infrastructure, and network health status
• Utilized storage space allocated from SAN to Manage and Adjust disk space on various Linux Red Hat servers utilizing Logical Volume Manager (LVM)
• Performed collaborative Root Cause Analysis to resolve software and network issues in production
• Applying OS patch and upgrade in a multi-platform (RedHat/Centos/Windows) environment on a regular scheduled bases
• Experience in configuring Amazon Cloud infrastructure
• Collaborated with Network Admin in Installing, configuring, securing, and implementing slave replication on DNS BIND servers
• Implemented Caching DNS BIND server to improve DNS query times
• Knowledge of core system and security applications and protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP, SSH and NTP
• Participated in SDLC design
• Experienced in troubleshooting both Unix/Linux systems identifying hardware, software, and network issues
• Regularly confers with system administrator and users regarding current and prospective system changes
• Created and edited Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and documented various performed activities
• Explain technical issues and resolutions to application teams and business teams Environment: VMware ESX 4.x, 5.x,6.x, VCenter, Windows server 2008 R2, RedHat4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7, SuSe 10, 11, Boot Loader (GRUB),Shell, Perl, IBM x3650, Dell Blade Center, IBMx232,IBM x236,T2000, Veritas NetBackup, Data Center
- Linux System Administrator at Ford, Detroit- MI
- Linux Engineer at GE
- Linux Administrator at Cerner, Kansas City- MO
- Linux/ VMware/ Windows Administrator at Capitol One, Richmond-VA
1 year, 9 months at this Job
• Plan, develop, install, maintain and upgrade the computing/network infrastructure and associated security requirements for multiple closed area complex HWIL facilities.
• Perform as primary Linux Administrator and/or Windows for multiple lab/facility
• Develop custom software based drivers, custom computer interface, custom computing equipment, networks and architectures to interface missile HW with missing HW emulations, wraparound simulations, and special test equipment/analysis tools.
• Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
• Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Understanding basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs Cisco experience.
• Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM chapter 8, RMF, STIG, and Checklist.
• Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify the permissions and security access lists.
• Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with the network, software, and software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
• Develop and maintain plans for facility emergency/crisis management and recovery procedures such as natural disasters. Implement Department and Laboratory policies related to backup/storage and network connectivity.
• Configured RedHat 5,6,7-RedHawk 6/7 system for the system engineer conducting data test.
• Ability to troubleshoot complex problems in computer networks, computer hardware, and computer operating systems with specific expertise in UNIX (Solaris), Linux Red Hat, Red Hawk ( Standard and real-time), VxWorks, Windows, OSX. COMSEC experience, STE/STU, NES, etc.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently and collaboratively across labs, and multi-task effectively.
• Plan, Privacy Impact Assessment, Configuration Management Plan, Contingency Plan, Contingency Plan, Test Report, POA&M, annual FISMA assessment, and incident reports.
• Analyze and define security requirements for information protection. Analyze change requests for security impacts and provide recommendations to the GPMO.
• Capture ATO artifacts that support independent assessment activities. Consolidate ATO artifacts for input into the USCB Risk Management Processing System.
- Linux System Administrator at RMF, AISSO John Hopkins University
- Network Engineer US Office of Personnel Management at SRA International Inc
- Network Administrator/Linux System Administrator at Honore Consulting
10 months at this Job
- Associate Degree - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor - Computer Network/Cybersecurity
* Performed system administration on Red Hat 6/7 servers and workstations * Implemented common protocols and services, including: SSH, DNS, NFS, IPA, HTTP/S, SCP, ICMP, NTP, Fibre Channel, and SFTP * Manage KVM-based Red Hat Virtualization (RHV) infrastructure and configured multiple environments in support of mission requirements. * Troubleshoot hardware faults and perform disaster recovery techniques in a timely manner to ensure system and data availability to the customer * Develop system documentation and provide training to users, operators and system administrators * Conducted Unix and Linux system hardening in accordance with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) * Served as equipment custodian, conducting quarterly equipment inventories and coordinating asset deployments with organizational personnel * Served as Quality Assurance Inspector, evaluated junior personnel to determine quality of training, technical expertise and occupational safety * Implemented network design elements, including: subnetting, IP routing, remote access, virtualization, and DMZ * Hardened operating system configuration by disabling unused services, protecting management interfaces, enforcing strong password complexity, and removing unnecessary/unused system accounts * Deploys secure system baseline configurations to prevent man-in-the-middle, denial-of-service, password attacks (brute-force, dictionary-based), and DNS poisoning * Ensures only approved/authorized software is installed on managed systems * Configures host-based firewalls (iptables) to establish network security * Implements the following controls to ensure data security: Storage Area Network (SAN), Redundant Array of Independent Disks (RAID), storage fabric, and deduplication * Implements the following system access concepts: least privilege, authentication vs authorization, separation of duties, discretionary access control, rule/role based access control, strong password, and PKI authentication * Managed office of 6, set up network infrastructure for 57 IS Modeling & Simulation
- Systems Administrator at Linux System Administrator
- Radar Maintainer Technician at RAF
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Information and Computer Science in Network Security
● Installation, configuration, securing and monitoring of system infrastructure
● Working and supporting developer by setting up development workflow and managing Them
● Setup and support of Linux based applications
● Write, test, and implement Bash shell scripts to automate and simplify the support of systems.
● Maintain a high level of Linux systems and associated application software support.
● Provide computer/network support relating to software and hardware failure on Linux systems.
● Assist in the quality assurance testing of applications that run on the Linux systems.
● Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems
● Creating and deleting user accounts, enforcing security and compliance rules to regarding passwords and access to computer systems.
● Installation of OMD/CheckMk monitoring tool for checking system Performance.
● Monitoring system metrics/activities with Check_MK
● Configuring passwordless login between multiple servers for automated authentication.
● Installation of different applications on production server
● Performing routing patches of Linux OS servers using Red Hat Satellite
● Using service now and remedy ticketing system to track team tickets and assigned tasks
● Apache HTTP administration& supports
● Managing MySQL database using PHPMyAdmin
● Performed database backup and restore and general database supports
● Taking snapshots of servers using VMware ESXI prior to patching servers
● Coordinating patch plan with Application team prior to patch management
● Set up Git, Jenkin, Tomcat servers for application deployments
● Installation of Jenkins server for Continuous integration and development purpose
● Managed Red-Hat satellite server for patches & updates.
● Providing on call support by rotation 24x7x365
● Installation of Samba server for file share & Integration with windows server
● Performing routine audits of systems and software
● Performing backups and backup maintenance checking
● Role-Based Access control management for users
● Installing and managing packages using yum and rpm tools.
● Providing End to End Linux Administration including installation, configuration, upgrades, and maintenance and troubleshooting of Linux systems.
● Configuring and setting up NFS filesystems.
● Day-to-day, hands on work building, and maintaining Linux systems in a highly virtualized environment.
● Using of Kickstart to build automation into daily processes, including server builds
- Linux System Administrator at ICON LOGISTICS
- Linux System Administrator at U.S DEPT OF LABOR
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science - Computer Science
• Experience in installing, configuring and managing Linux Operating System, worked with various Linux Distributions such as RHEL 5,6,7, CentOS, Ubuntu.
• Implements and manages RAID levels like RAID0, RAID1, RAID5 and RAID10 using Logical Volume Manager.
• Storage management tasks such as creating new partitions, file systems and managing them according to requirements
• Manages user accounts including creating new accounts and groups, setting up user environment, changing passwords, changing default permissions, and setting ACL's.
• Setup and Configures NFS and Samba file sharing services on Linux
• Configures Sudo for users to access the root privileges
• Installs, upgrades and managed applications and services using YUM repository and RPM files.
• Develops Cron jobs for automating administrative tasks like file system management, process management, creating and deleting backups, server reboots.
• Tweaking SSH configuration file to harden remote host login and transfer files
• Installs and manages HTTPD/HTTPS services on Linux production servers.
• Configures Linux network services like DNS, FTP, SFTP, SCP.
• Configures and implements Firewall/Iptables rules based on requirements.
• Install, configure, and troubleshoots Nagios plugin to manage remote clients.
• Involved in installation and upgrade of kernel Virtual Machines (KVM) and worked on virtualization with VMware, KVM and Kernel upgrades
• Uses JIRA for bug and issue tracking purposes
• Participates in root-cause analysis of recurring issues, system backup and security setup.
• Response to Linux systems problems and resolving them on a timely basis.
• Provides thorough documentation of the various issues handled along with the resolution provided.
• Assist other team members with NFS deployment.
- Linux System Administrator at Giga Cloud Solution, LLC
- Linux System Administrator at Greater Baltimore Medical Center
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- Bachelor's of Science
Install RedHat Linux on both virtual and physical machines ❖ Knowledge on Ansible ❖ Configuration and hardening of Linux servers ❖ Creating user accounts and groups and troubleshooting User accounts ❖ Work in a fast paste environment with thousands of servers. ❖ Managing file permissions ❖ Configuring and installing ❖ Apache Web Server deployed in Linux environment. ❖ Creating Logical Volumes and administering storage Using LVM commands ❖ Managing system processes and scheduling processes with Cron utility ❖ Responsible for Bash shell scripting ❖ NFS Share builds/management
- Linux System Administrator at Trinitech Consulting Inc
- System Administrator at Nextel Network & Company Cameroon
- System Administrator at ASCAM Inc
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- MSc - Health Service Administration
Data Service Group Inc - Delaware
• Experience with SCRUM
• Experience working with DevOps teams, making modifications on codes using Version Control Systems CVS, such as, Bitbucket and Git to clone, add, commit and push codes from local and master branches to central repositories.
• Experience working on DevOps operations processes and tools area, Code review, unit test automation, configuring & Release automation, changes and service request.
• Solid experience using Jenkins and Ansible for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
• Implement NFS, Samba, FTP and DHCP, on Linux Servers.
• Experience working using configuration management systems and deployment tools such as Ansible.
• Experience creating EC2 instances on AWS and Configuring the remote access.
• Experience with package management and resolving dependency issues.
• Experience in Jira software (Kamba board, Confluence for tracking any kind of unit of work.
• Regular OS patching and Kernel compilation.
• Experience with Virtualization (Oracle Virtual Box).
• Experience in setting up, configuring and troubleshooting TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS; NFS, CIFS, FTP, SSH, NTP, UDP, SSL.
• Installation and Configuration of the APACHE web Server on Linux platforms.
• and clusters troubleshoot and access log files for errors and web access traffic.
• System configuration/hardening using IP tables, SELinux, permission on Linux servers as well as restricting access to terminals, and disabling unnecessary services.
• Operating Systems (Windows, CentOS or Red hat) installation and configuration- standard and advanced (net installation).
• Experience setting up NAS using free NAS.
• Experience with Logical Volume Manager.
• Work in a fast-pace environment with thousands of servers.
• Experience in Bash Shell Scripting (sed & awk function).
• Proficient in working with RHEL 6 & 7 and CentOS 6 & 7.
• Experience with OS patching and upgrading the Kernel to different versions.
• Participate in a weekly on call rotation.
• Performed initial client assessment and analysis to begin research process.
- Linux System Administrator at DevOps
- Unix/Linux system administrator at Barclays Card - Delaware
- Customer Service Support at Aviation Ghana LTD. Kotoka International Airport
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's degree
- - Business Administration