• Working in the capacity of a Linux System administrator, where my team is responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining Linux servers and their installed applications.
• I am responsible for installing and configuring the Nagios monitoring applications server, while also using the systems to monitor both server networks switches.
• Installed and configure zammad ticketing system which we use in tracking client request. Responsible for collection and Interpretation of data and log files entries with the aim of predicting current operational capacity and future network necessities.
• Install and configure git server as our version control server. Use git to store code in version control which allows me to share code with other team members and also track the history of all of our infrastructure changes.
• Deploy Ansible configuration management tool and use if to manage both development and production server. Developed playbook and deploy playbook using ansible-playbook command. Stop playbooks inside version control.
• Provided technical support to clients, helping with solving user's problems which include updating database, logging into their systems and installing clients applications while I also sometime help them establishing a remote connections to the network using (VPN), resetting passwords and, unlocking user's accounts.
• Participated in disaster recovery planning and execution of outlined guidelines. Used TCP/IP network configuration tools such as ping, netstat, traceroute in troubleshooting and maintaining network functionality and security.
• Monitored network traffics and network connections using various management tools such as ping, uptime, vmstat, iostat, snoop and nslookup.
• Develop standard operating systems procedure (SOP) and also provide daily reports on system performance to pinpoint performance bottlenecks and on an as needed basis, select various system options and parameters.
• Responsible for scheduling system outage, package updates and patching Linux system. Installation, configuration and administration of the Linux / UNIX operating systems.
• Performed automated installations of Linux virtual machine using Kickstart Configure, diagnose and troubleshooting problems relating to DNS, SSH, SMTP using tools like wireshark.
• Installed and configured the splunk software for searching, monitoring and examination of machine-generated data gathered from websites, applications and sensors to provide operational intelligence.
• Working experience with scripting languages such as bash and python.
• Set up and administer user and groups accounts, setting permissions, Apache web servers, file servers, firewalls, and directory services with ability to diagnose basic Apache Issues.
• Implementation of network bonding or NIC teaming when necessary for constant flow of data so as to reduce load balancing fault tolerance, and redundancy.
- Linux System Administrator at Lolubyte IT Consultants
- Linux System Administrator at Timeless Solutions
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Computer Sciences
Linux System Administrator (24x7 On-call Support)
➢ Day- to- day administration on RHEL/CentOS 6.x and 7.x which includes installation, upgrade & loading, patching, packages management.
➢ Used Configuration Tool Ansible, Installed and configured and created playbooks.
➢ Configuring servers to synchronize with the NTP Server.
➢ Creating users with root's privileges and also users with limited root's privileges called the sudo users.
➢ Utilization of Logical Volume Manager (LVM) and SWAP as required.
➢ Performed user management, created and configured appropriate access for user and group accounts, password resets locking and unlocking and account removals.
➢ Managed the complete Network File System (NFS), AutoFS and File sharing cross platform using Samba, file transferring with FTP servers.
➢ Configured various network services - DNS, LDAP, PXE, DHCP, Send mail, Apache, MySQL, Samba, SSH, FTP, NFS and AutoFS
➢ Experience in creating CRON jobs to automate various system administration tasks using Crontab Utility.
➢ Manage install patches and other software packages using UP2DATE, YUM and RPM.
➢ Performance monitoring with conventional tools such as top, sar, netstat, etc.
➢ Monitored performance of servers using tools such as Nagios, sar, top, htop, free, vmstat and iostat.
➢ Provided production support in an on-call rotation in a 24x7 environment.
➢ Planning and coordinating upgrades, patches and performance optimization.
➢ Create status reports, project plans and attend team meetings to coordinate activities.
- Linux System Administrator at RedMane Technology
- Linux System Administrator at Aculocity, LLC
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science
I have 6 years experience as Linux System Administrator with hands on; handling projects in monitoring, deploying and application on LINUX/UNIX servers. Dependable professional interested in Scrum Master/Cyber Security or Linux system administrator job positions with any company that can apply analytical, technical, and innovation skills to support and guard organizations against security breaches while keeping them FISMA/NIST compliant. I look forward to working with a company which will enable me to apply my expertise within the areas to address and solve the company's technical needs. I am eager to work with a team of analysts, Security Control Assessors, ISSO, stakeholders to defend digital files and electronic infrastructure. I currently hold a public trust clearance. My goals are always to improve security, reduce downtime and improve time-to-market, using automation and smart planning. Scrum Master
TransUnion - Chicago April 2016 to Present
• Coordinated and facilitate daily scrum, backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint review and sprint retrospective.
• Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
• Supporting and educating the Product Owner on managing and sustaining the backlog up to date and prioritization.
• Facilitate cross-team dependencies and help eliminate impediments across team.
• Facilitating discussion, decision making, conflict resolution, and completion of work.
• Experience with Project Management/Agile responsibilities.
• Experience with Agile and project manager software like Jira, SharePoint, and Project Online.
• Supported Product Management organization throughout the entire product lifecycle: from initial customer discussions through testing and release.
• Worked with clients and internal stakeholders to evaluate product requests submitted through Free Wheel's Product Forum
- Linux System Administrator at TransUnion
- Linux System Administrator at Metropol-tech Consulting Inc
- vCenter (VCSA), Update Manager, and vSphere at Remediation of Security Vulnerabilities
- Linux System Administrator/Engineer at DC. Department of Corrections
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associate of Engineering - Engineering
- Associate degree - Computer Engineering
of Linux systems in classified environment
• Comfortable in the command line environment
• Modify shell or other language scripts
• Ability to learn new technologies on own
• Configuration & maintenance of Red Hat products such as Identity Management (IPA) and Satellite Server
• OS installations and network configurations on servers and workstations via Kickstart (PXE)
• COTS SW installation, configuration and maintenance
• Perform technical research leading to solutions of complex problems
• Work in a fast paced team environment where multiple projects are being developed and deployed simultaneously
• Track application performance metrics and report out to management
• Strong technical background in networking, operating system, system administration and performance monitoring
• Provides support to customers running RedHat Enterprise Linux on their workstations and simulation servers
• Provides guidance and troubleshooting for complex technical issues
- Linux System Administrator at Linux Administratior
- System Analyst at OUTFRONT MEDIA
- System Technician at WALGREENS
- System Administrator at
3 years, 3 months at this Job
Senior Linux System Administrator – Contract to NOAA Department of Commerce (DoC) Responsible for planning, configuring, and deploying Linux hosts across multiple environments and data centers. Serve as POC for on-boarding software/hardware projects into existing data centers Develop strategies to improve existing infrastructure Support over 2000 virtual Linux servers and workstations in a 24x7 operational environment Troubleshoot and resolve tickets generated by both phone calls and emails Mitigate security vulnerabilities by patching and updating servers on a set schedule Keep servers consistent across deployments with puppet Provide support for AWIPS II systems Support the testing of CAC authentication on both the VPN, and Linux workstations
- Senior Linux System Administrator at Cyberdata Technologies Inc
- Senior Linux System Administrator at SAIC
- Senior Linux System Administrator at Apex Systems
- Senior Linux System Administrator at eBusiness Integrators, LLC @ National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
at this Job
• Designed, set up, installed, configured and performed administration of RHEL servers.
• Work as Linux system administrator in IT infrastructure environment providing server administration, application administration and automation solutions to support business objectives.
• Good hands-on knowledge of Source Code Management (Version Control System) tools like Git
• Experience with server monitoring tool like Nagios, using Nagios server, identified malfunctioning servers and created solutions to restore server functionality
• Wrote Bash scripts for various system tasks such as back-ups. collecting and sorting logs, installation and monitoring
• Configured logical volumes for file system growth needs using LVM commands. Maintained availability, increased capacity & performance of production machines
• Launched NFS and Samba servers in order to share information between departments and implemented Auto mount services
• Evaluated performance of systems to see that they meet business needs.
• Installed, upgraded and maintained Windows, Linux operating systems.
• Installed, set up and configured RHEL, CentOS, and VMware ESX
• Created users with root's privileges and also users with limited root's privileges called the sudo user
• Worked On HP and IBM hardware.
• Set up and configured DNS server
• Used Configuration Tool Ansible, Installed and configured and created playbooks.
• Configured all the servers and servers to synchronize with the NTP Server
• Monitored and tuned the system to achieve optimum performance levels
• Harden the system to provide maximum availability and security
• Provided 24/7 support for the Linux and VMware environment
• Managed, installed patches and other software packages using YUM and RPM.
• Monitored and troubleshoot the system using tools such as sar, top, free, stata, iostat to achieve optimum performance levels
• Configured LAMP stack - for the construction and development of high performance website, built the internal wiki pages by using LAMP stack and migrate documentation from share point
• Configured failover load balancing like HAProxy
• Used different Unix commands to run, maintain, setup schedule work, protect file systems.
• Experience with Microsoft Server Operating Systems and tools e.g. Active Directory, DNS/DHCP Management
• Provided security by implementing password-less ssh-keys authentication on servers
• Added, modified or deleted users and group's account on local systems using tools and manual procedures.
• set up collaborative directories (sgid/ sticky/ setfacl)
• Set up and configured Apache in Red hat.
• Storage Area Network Management.
• Performed daily system monitoring, verified the integrity and availability of all hardware and server resources, and reviewed system and application logs.
- Linux System Administrator at Discover Financial Services
- Linux System Administrator at Cybage
3 years, 8 months at this Job
• Responsible for training Solaris 10 Containers and ZFS configuration Boot process-bios, kernel initialization, grub boot loader, init, services control and system configuration files, File system administration-managing file system, auto mounter, disk utility, journaling file system and mks.
• Capacity and performance management, managing both systems CPU/memory and disk space efficiencies.
• Responsible for administering and maintaining Linux work stations running Apache web server.
• Monitoring, troubleshooting & reporting daily backup status for all critical production Solaris and Linux servers enterprise-wide.
• Administers Linux servers for several functions including managing Users, Groups, and permission for each groups and users.
• Managing corn jobs, Rsync, recovery, restoring of data and files performance management, batch processing and job scheduling.
• Communicate with end-user, requestors or customers on the status of their problem tickets through phone call or emails.
• Execute changes flawlessly by doing prep-works toward changes, documenting step-by-step tasks in every ticket.
• ZFS and mirrors disks environments patching, live upgrade, firmware upgrade.
• Luns requests, troubleshooting on OS, Kernel, and Volume Manager, adding or expansion of file system on VxVM.
• Execute SVM or VxVM commands- plex and volume operations, and tuning operations.
• Install supporting backup tools and networker.
• Responsible for patching with difference OS level in Unix Solaris, Red Hat, and AIX. Strong troubleshooting on fails patching when OS will not reboot or come back online.
• Support and detailed troubleshooting of Sun Solaris in a 24 x 7 Environment.
• Support 24 x 7 rotations, work on incidents, change requests, and service requests.
• Work in SELinux, SUDO and configuration of system resources in term of ACL.
• Execute Health checks remediation, assessment, risk mitigation, legislation and organizational policies, control and procedures.
• Perform all duties related to Solaris system administrator, DNS, NFS; ACL on user account, disk quota.
• Responsible for compiling, installing and configuring software in Linux and UNIX including Apache web servers, MySQL database servers and Tomcat.
• Perform jumpstart and Kick start to automate installations of Red Hat Enterprise, Solaris OS, and AIX.
• Troubleshot hardware failures and system performance.
• Maintain inventory of servers, installed and tested commercial software and operating system releases.
• Manage e-mail systems, including POP, SMTP, text and web-based data and client's files.
• Manage NFS, SAN, FTP archive, mirroring all level of RAIDS relevant to company policy.
• Perform kernel tuning and monitoring of file system, CPU load for better performance.
• Debug system defects and crash dump, network traffic analysis and recommendation for performance improvement.
• Install, configure network software, add peripheral devices and terminals to system, detect and correct file system.
• Maintain syslog files. Shell scripting and Perl scripting to automate daily assignments.
• Responsible for follow directions from dispatchers and department managers in compliancy with company's policies and regulations.
• Manage all network printers and UNIX print servers and Second level UNIX support for Desktop Support Group.
• Use LVM extensively building volume groups, creating and maintaining file systems Environment: SUSE Linux (SLES 9 and 10 versions), RedHat 4, Solaris 8, 9, 10, Spectracom, SAN, Log logic, Perl, TCP/IP, MySQL, Oracle, WebLogic, Ubuntu 9, 10, AIX, AWK Perl, Shell, Veritas, OpenOffice, Windows XP, MS Office Tools, C, MySQL, Oracle, Jboss and SUMS
- UNIX/ Linux System Administrator at GEMALTO
- System Administrator at TIMELESS SOLUTIONS, INC
- System Administrator at UNION BANK
5 years, 1 month at this Job
- B.Sc. - Biblical Studies
• Built and maintained several Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers, physical and virtual
• Managed server configuration and code deployment with Ansible
• Authored and updated system documentation
• Automated patching and software deployment.
• Implemented monitoring and automated alerting with CloudWatch and Nagios for AWS
- Linux System Administrator at Grady Health System
- Help Desk at Wipro
3 years, 3 months at this Job
Hired as a System Administrator to manage and maintain 70+ mixed server
environment (Windows/Linux/Unix), ensuring 99.9% or better uptime. Evaluate, monitor
and enhance IT infrastructure with an emphasis on availability, reliability, scalability, security, data confidentiality and system integrity.
• Builds, installs, configure brand new virtual and physical servers, test, deploy Solaris 10 RHEL/CentOS 6.4 and windows 7,8,10 virtual servers on Oracle Virtualbox and VMware Esxi 6 using VMware Player or vSphere hosted hypervisor
• Create new user accounts and profiles on Windows NOS, UNIX and LINUX systems.
• Troubleshoot and resolve OS, application, malware desktop related issues on various Windows NOS.
• Experienced with Standard and Advanced servers installation and configuration (JUMPSTART and KICKSTART) 2
• Use "dcpromo" tool to configure DNS, Active Directory as well as to promote standard Windows 2008 servers to domain controllers.
• Setup, configure and troubleshoot TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS; NFS, CIFS and Samba Servers in multiplatform LAN
• Configured Active Directory on Windows 2008 server and Remote Desktop Access on windows 7,8,10.
• Responsible for assigning hostnames, default gateway, static and DNS address to servers in order to Introduce UNIX/Linux servers to the LAN.
• Configured A-records, created and managed users and groups on Active Directory, Solaris and RHEL/CentOS servers
• Setup, configured and troubleshoot TCP/IP related issues.
• Increased end-user productivity by immediately troubleshooting and fixing system issues emanating from hardware and software.
• Experience in building and configuring VMware host and guess system on Oracle Virtual Box as well as bridging the guess VMware systems to communicate with another physical LAN
• Configured file and print sharing then mapped shares to drive letters.
• Troubleshoot and fix system issues using built in windows troubleshoot application.
• Installed antivirus applications, uninstalled obsolete applications, and deleted system junk files.
• Configure Windows NOS clients to join the domain as well as configure file and print sharing on some Windows NOS to enable resource sharing.
• Fix virtual box issues and enable virtualization
• Perform multiplatform volume management using SVM, LVM, ZFS, and VERITAS volume manager; install and configure a LAN wide NAS (Free NAS) used for creating LUNs and attaching to windows 2008 servers and to Solaris 10 servers using iSCSi
• Understand cloud concepts and able to create an AWS free tier account
• Install and configure Samba server in an AWS RHEL8 ec2 instance and mapping to the windows 2019 server
• Expand root file system server using "live upgrade"
• Expand users home directory (/export/home) on Solaris using SVM
• Install and configure Ansible (DevOps) to automate O.S and applications installation
• Install and configure Nagios (DevOps) to monitor systems, applications and protocols
• Supporting system users and troubleshooting system issues. Document solutions for future references
- UNIX/Linux System Administrator at Trinitech Consulting, Inc
- full time System Administrator to coach and support customers by building at Camuser Network Consulting, inc
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- A.S. in Cyber - security
- Bachelor degree in Electrical and computer - Electrical and computer science
• Installing, upgrading and configuring RHEL 5.x 6.x and 7.x on Sun Servers using Jumpstart and Linux using kickstart installation and SUSE Linux servers manually
• Experience in SELinux environments and troubleshooting the issues.
• Maintaining system security by configuring Firewalls,Iptables and SELinux.
• Excellent working knowledge with designing installing and implementing VMware ESX Server, VMware Virtual Center, VMware vSphere, VMware Infrastructure client and other products for Virtualization.
• Experience in writing and executing Ansible playbooks.
• Installing and Managing ubuntu on laptops and desktops for engineering
• Managing servers through OPSWare,Running scripts,patching the servers,performing system administrator tasks through OPSWARE.
• Hands on experience in installing/configuring & troubleshooting Centrify agent on AIX/Linux/Solaris servers.
• Frequently checked ESX server logs for any problems and troubleshoot whenever necessary.
• Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Bind, Apache, and MySQL
• Configuring TLS Security/ Encryption for outbound emails on SMTP.
• Installed, configured python in linux machines and automated many jobs using python scripting
• Configuration and administration of Fiber card Adapter's and handling of SAN (EMC, Hitachi, IBM and Netapp)
• Hands on experience in working with service desk ticketing tool,Communicating the app owners through ADOBE
• Joining the Technical and non-technical meeting and providing status reports on various issues.
• Hands on experience in updating the daily followups in confluence tool.
• Expertise in system and network monitoring tools Nagios.
• Hands on experience in configuring certificates on the servers
• Experience in managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in AIX and Redhat Linux.
• Installing ,configuring and troubleshooting Veritas cluster on Linux and AIX servers and Uploading the explorer file and Working with the Symantec for various issues related to VxVm & Veritas cluser on Linux and AIX
• Experience in configuration of NIS, NIS+, SSH, DNS, DHCP, NFS, LDAP, SAMBA, sendmail, rsync, sftp, remote access, security management and Security trouble shooting skills.
• Experience in installation & configuration of Web servers such as HTTP, Tomcat & Apache.
• Experience in Installation and Configuration of JBoss on Red Hat Servers.
• Experienced in monitoring system performance and check the status of the system using utilities such as TOP, TOPAS, GLANCE, NMON, VMSTAT, IOSTAT, etc.
• HACMP - Monitoring servers, Starting and Stopping Cluster Services, moving resource groups across the nodes, increasing file system in cluster file system using CSPOC, synchronizing cluster resources and cluster verification
• POWERVM tasks like creating VIOS and LPARs, DLpar(virtual adapter ,Memory ,CPU), VLAN Tagging and NPIV.
• Created and maintained documentation detailing datacenter cable plant infrastructure, dataCenter asset management (full lifecycle), and regional office network closet requirements (power, cooling, space, equipment location and asset/cabling details).
• LPM administration and performing the operational acceptance test in between the managed system to avoid any point of failures.
• Provide 24x7 on call server support for UNIX and Linux environment.
- Linux system Administrator at Virtusa/FirstData Corp
- Linux/Unix system Administrator at AIM Specialty Health
- Linux/Unix system Administrator at Abbott Labs
- Unix/AIX System Administrator at Shopko
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Computers - Computers