Linux System Engineer and Team Lead for a U.S. Air Force Lifecycle Management Defensive
Cyber System Engineering (DCSE). Lead a team of 4 Engineers providing developer and engineering support for the Cyberspace Vulnerability Assessment (CVA)/Hunter and Cyberspace
Defense Analysis (CDA) weapon system. Duties included but were not limited to:
• Managed team schedule and workload.
• Created and updated documentation including installation guidelines, testing documentation, and other documents required for proper use of the CVA/H System.
• Investigate and remediate ACAS scan results of CVA/H MIP system maintain security posture of the system.
• Create PowerShell and Linux bash scripts to perform administrative and operational tasks.
• Work closely with Government program management to ensure all requirements are met and advised system engineering requirements.
- Linux System Engineer Team Lead at Mission Services Inc
- System Administrator / ERP Analyst at DTSI
- Site Administrator / Information System Security Manager at
- Senior Technical Analyst at HCA IT&S
2 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Certified HP-UX System Engineer (12 yrs)
Red Hat Linux 6 System Administrator (8 yrs) Primary Responsibilities: Project Planning,Implementation and Management Support Services.
➢ Deploy, Implement, and Configured Linux Enterprise Solutions for enterprise projects, data centers, on-site facilities, public and private cloud, and system integration.
➢ Manage Services: SLA, cybersecurity MDR, disaster recovery certification, and technical support.
➢ Troubleshoot, analyze/diagnose tier 1-3, root cause analysis, and system assessment/performance.
➢ Builded/Admin over 300 Enterprise Systems, DevOps Solutions, Data Management Models.
➢ Worked on multiple platforms:Windows, HP, AIX, Apple, Linux, and Suse enterprise solutions.
➢ Administers Nagios/Tivoli/Remedy and other's monitoring tools for diagnosis and critical incidents.
➢ Document procedures, disaster recovery guideline, services, issues, and changes as required.
➢Knowledge experiencing running Apache, Nginx, WebLogic, and other web-base modulars.
➢Ability to prioritize workload effectively and work well under pressure.
➢Knowledge of network protocols: TCP/IP,UDP, HTTP, DNS, DHCP, NFS, SMTP, FTP, OSI, VPN, and 802.11ac and 802.11n wife protocols.
- HP/Linux System Engineer / Consultant at Path-Tech Corporation
- Senior Linux/Windows Engineer at Path-Tech Corporation
- Senior Linux Engineer at SITA Inc
- Senior Linux/Unix Engineer at IBM Global Services
6 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting/Finance
- Bachelor's - Accounting
• Performs installation, configuration, and overall maintenance of Albert Einstein College of Medicine's Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6/7 infrastructure.
• Work through client requests to innovate by creating automation
• Works with other System Engineers in the design, testing and debugging of complex Linux/Unix problems to support the College's core and critical applications.
• Completes work in a timely manner ensuring the meeting of both assigned tasks and project-specific work.
• Works both individually and in a collaborative environment to resolve technical problems, efficiently and effectively.
• Gathers system specifications and utilize cross-team subject matter experts, industry best practices and vendor specifications to implement new infrastructure.
• Provides subject matter expertise for the Linux/Unix infrastructure to increase reliability and continuity for applications.
• Provides on-going documentation for all configuration and installation work being done and regular feedback for any lack of resources, and/or knowledge gaps that prevents completion of assigned tasks.
• Addresses ticket queues to ensure optimal turnaround times and customer satisfaction. Project: ◦ GitLab CI/CD for Library web site ◦ Huygens Remote Manage storage Mapping on GPfS (NFS v4) ◦ Automating generation monthly and yearly report for EZ-proxy (using Python openpylx and XlsxWriter and Shell script and Powershell to download and upload the log of EZ-Proxy) ◦ Shell script automating binding LDAP on provisioning stage ◦ Ansible playbook for binding LDAP with autofs NFS user home folder ◦ Migrating the Linux environment to Red Hat system start with deploying Satellite 6.4, setting up Puppet, content manager and provisioning with Kickstart. ◦ MariaDB HA with Clustercontrol installation and testing.
- Linux System Engineer at Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Sr. Automation Engineer at IPsoft
- Senior Linux System Engineer at FreshDirect
- Automation Engineer at IPsoft
7 months at this Job
- Master of Computer Science - Computer Science
- - Bassoon
- Bachelor's Degree - Bassoon
• Advanced experience in Linux Operating systems, including services such as monitoring, building, patching/upgrading, and configuration management.
• Maintaining, administering, and monitoring the on-prem and cloud-based Linux-based Engineering assets used for development, integration, and data analysis
• Work with AWS (IAM, EC2, S3) and VMware vSphere to provision Virtual Machines, edit VM resources and perform VM restores from snapshot.
• Monitor the platform and servers to identify or resolve issues and document setup procedures and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) documents.
• Participated and assisted with scheduled patching and upgrades of various environments (testing, development and production).
• Search Engine. Monitor ad servers in production infrastructure for stability and performance in order to maintain 24x7x365 operations.
• Installing ansible and other Management tools and using ansible to automate tasks in our Devops Environment
• Installing Physical and virtual servers using both interactive and kick start method, Spinning EC2 instances in AWS and configuring network
• Support Apache Oozie workflow scheduler system to manage Hadoop jobs
• Writing and editing Bash scripts for task automation and scheduling of jobs
• Maintaining Anaconda kickstart scripts and automating configuration tools (Ansible, Puppet, etc.)
• Supervising the Operations team and training new system users and set up their accounts
• Knowledge of and adherence to change control standards, and procedures, problem resolutions and troubleshooting techniques and assisting test and development teams with development and integration tasks
• Maintaining data recording storage devices and facilitating offsite backup and installation and configuration of ssh service for remote clients
- Linux System Engineer at Verizon Media
- Linux System Administrator at Swiftlearn IT Solutions LLC
- Linux Systems Administrator at InfoSpan Inc
- Jr, Linux Systems Administrator at Hubtel Inc
7 months at this Job
• Developed shell script to build parameterized Jenkins jobs from Windows CLI.
• Developed scripts for deployment of Security agents on Servers and PC's which helped the team save 50% of time taken for the installation.
• Developed custom scripts to check website access and port access on the servers used for the application.
• Configured Zabbix monitoring tool which will be used to monitor 100+ PC's and network devices.
• Developed a shell and bash script to gather details of the system, saving more than 20 hours of time taken to finish the task assigned.
• Developed Macros in Satenv software to automated data exporting, reduced the time taken for data exporting process by 50%.
• Worked on Docker containerization, to help run the Digits docker application used for training and testing the datasets.
• Implemented master-slave architecture on Jenkins to automate builds for the team.
• Create an Ansible test environment and developed Ansible scripts for various tasks on both Windows and Linux hosts.
• Developed and optimised the SQL script to remove 98% of the redundant data.
• Installation, configuration and management of all the servers in the production, test and cloud environments in Red Hat Linux, CentOS and AWS EC2 machines.
• Monitored system performance of virtual memory, swap space management, disk and CPU utilization using Nagios tool.
• Upgradation and update of OS and Kernel patching of Red Hat Enterprise and CentOS Linux servers using local repository and Red Hat satellite servers.
• Monitored System performance and system logging.
• Configuration, scheduling and managing the corn jobs.
• Administration and monitoring of application servers like Jenkins, Web servers (Apache, Nginx).
• Managed backups and Jenkins jobs and administered the Master slave architecture of Jenkins.
• Worked on Security Enhanced Linux to improve the security of the systems.
• Performed Scripting to automated daily tasks.
• User account management in Red Hat Linux servers.
• Administration of VMWare and ESXi applications.
• Configuration, maintenance of Red Hat and CentOS Virtual machines.
• Administration and maintenance of LVM and disk partitions.
• Used git as source code management tool.
• Configuration and maintenance of File server systems.
• Provided support to ensure maximum availability of servers.
• Provided support on timely manner to ensure and complete all the business needs. Environment: git, Jenkins, Docker, Puppet, Java, Scripting, Apache, Tomcat Server, Red Hat Linux, CentOS, VMWare, AWS.
- Linux System Engineer at Zebra Technologies
- Tech at
- Linux/System Admin at IGATE Global Solutions
- Service Engineer at Micro land Ltd
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor in Engineering - Computers
- Linux System Engineer/Weblogic Administrator at Booz Allen Hamilton
- Linux System Engineer at AMAZON, INC
- Computer System Analyst III at L-3 COMMUNICATIONS
- Network Operations Engineer at AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- - Network Systems Management
➢ Installation and configuration of windows, Red Hat Linux, oracle Linux, on new server builds as well as during the upgrade.
➢ Experience with VMware vSphere ESXi 5.5
➢ Deploying Oracle Linux, Red hat Linux, and windows servers in fast paced environment.
➢ Creating the template for the Linux those are used for deploying for the environments.
➢ Worked on System audit report like no. of logins, success & failures.
➢ Remotely coping files using sftp, ftp, scp, WinSCP, and FileZilla.
➢ Responsible for CI/CD process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
➢ Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on java projects for deployment of build artifacts in the source code
➢ Developed and implemented software Release Management strategies for various applications according to agile process
➢ Used Puppet Enterprise edition for configuration management.
➢ Wrote shell scripting to automate task across servers through Puppet.
➢ Actively involved in configuring puppet open source with several third party's applications.
➢ Worked on installation and maintenance of Puppet-based configuration management system.
➢ Worked on implementation of Puppet modules to automate configuration of a various services.
➢ Experienced in tasks like managing User Accounts and Groups, managing Disks and File systems.
➢ Worked with Dockers and Vagrant for different infrastructure setup and testing of code.
➢ Participated in the migration planning, developing, testing and moving the migration process onto full-fledged production network
➢ Help customers build scalable, resilient, and high-performance applications and services on AWS
➢ Migrated the bulk of the company's production systems to AWS
➢ Managed logical Volume manager on Red hat Servers
➢ Worked on Configuring & monitoring DHCP server.
➢ Experience in installing, integrating, tuning and troubleshooting Apache and Tomcat application server.
➢ Worked on EMC storage for the virtual machine.
➢ Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
➢ Experience in design micro services deployment using Docker.
➢ Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
➢ Performed regular installation of patches using RPM and YUM.
➢ Maintained LVM, VxVM and SVM file systems along with NFS.
➢ Worked with SVN and GIT for version control to manage chef code and revisions in a repository.
➢ Performed application installation and management on Linux servers for applications like JBoss 4.2.x, 5.x, Oracle
➢ Experience on deploying Hosted Chef-Server on AWS for managing AWS EC2 instances Environment: OEL 5.x/6.x, RHEL 5.x/6.x, Cent OS 5.x/6.x, Windows Servers 2k8r2/2012, ESXI 5.1/5.5, VMware VCenter & Vsphere, Jenkins. Puppet, GIT, LVM, Samba Winbind 3.x, Centrify, NFS, NIS, JDK 5.x/6.x/7.x, DIG, netstat, lookup, tcpdump, Bash, Shell, Tomcat and Apache.
- DevOps /Linux System Engineer at Avanade
- DevOps / Linux System Engineer at Mobile Forming
- DevOps / Linux system engineer at Comcast
- Linux/ Systems Administrator at Deloitte
2 years, 4 months at this Job
• Participate in RedHat7 migration project, which includes migration of hundreds of servers from RHEL6 to RHEL7. Building and configuring VMs needed for the migration project, created DNS entries and fully participated in its migration.
• Administer and migrate data on RHEL5,6 and 7 servers
• Manage file systems like LVM, LVM extension & reduction on RHEL
• Perform routine Unix/Linux patching on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
• Troubleshoot and manage application issues running on Linux/Unix servers
• Use Ansible to run Chef client on Red Hat Linux servers
• LDAP user authentication and user/group management.
• Install and configure VMware server instances for virtual server setup, deploying and creating VMware virtual guests running Linux, and Windows
• Install and configure Ansible. Use ad-hoc commands to actively manage multiple services. Install and modify several packages using Ansible modules. Write and deploy various playbooks.
• Follow job's policies to create user accounts. Manage groups of multiple user accounts.
• Manage and prioritize all processes and services on servers
• Install and configure redundant DNS servers to increase efficiency of network exponentially. Automate and add new records to the DNS server, leading to 50% increase productivity
• Install and configure Nagios server used to monitor all servers in environment; using Nagios server, identifying malfunctioning servers and creating solutions to restore server functionality
• Develop Linux shell scripts to accomplish redundant tasks to simplify in distributed administration. Use multiple scripts to schedule task during off hours. Assist with writing scripts on daily job duties.
• Set up NFS, FTP and Samba file sharing services on Linux and Windows environments
• Manage and configure RPM package building tools for building and patching of applications from source codes for Centos and RHEL systems.
• Install, configure and support of Apache (HTTP) on Linux production servers.
• Manage Cron jobs, at Jobs, and job scheduling.
• Install and configure Hardware.
• Create physical volumes, volume groups, logical volumes (LVM) and file systems.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verify the availability of all server resources, systems and key processes.
- RedHat Linux System Engineer at Walmart
- Linux System Engineer at State Farm
- Linux/Unix Administrator at AIG
- Unix Admin at All State
1 year at this Job
Concord, CA 2018 - Present Linux Systems Engineering Key Contributions:
• Upgrade NSP (Network Services Platform) NFM-P (Network Functions Manager - Packet) from 18.06 - 18.12
• Install Blue Planet MCP 18.06 (Manage, Control and Plan).
• Upgrade OnePlanner from 18.09 to 18.10. Provides a common software load which supports Photonic (layer 0), TDM (layer 1), Packet (layer 2) and multi-layer (layer 0 & layer 1) networks.
• Install OneControl 6.5 software. Provides a comprehensive and scalable element management system for Ciena optical Network Elements (NEs).
• Migrate vCenter Server to VCSA 6.7 and patch ESXi hosts via command line and update manager
• Install OS for installation of OneControl 6.5 software.
• Install and configure Cumulus VS (TM)
Concord, CA 2018 - Present
Linux Systems Engineering
- Linux System Engineer at LightRiver Technologies
- Sr. Linux Systems Engineer at iPAYMENT INC
- Linux Systems Engineer at LIVE NATION ENTERTAINMENT
- Linux System Engineer / PCI Consultant at GUTHY RENKER, LLC
8 months at this Job
- B.S. - Computer Science & Engineering
• Worked as unix/linux System Admin with IBM P-series Model servers in a VERITAS environment.
• Hands on experience on the VRA CLOUD environment.
• Providing AWS support creating infrastructure, managing ec2, rds administration,security,route53, autoscaling,load balacing,s3, iam role, snapshot and ami based backup, python script to automate the infrastructure.
• Provide both Remote and On-Site System Administration support for Red Hat Linux Servers.
• Planning, installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 /6 and 7.
• Setup and configuration of Kernel Based Virtual Machines on Unix / Red hat Enterprise Linux Servers.
• Worked in datacenter Virtualization and Cloud Computing on a VMware ESXi environment.
• Install and manage virtual Linux machines on VMware ESXi.
• Worked on image building, creating and running the container , container networking, volume attached and docker compose for internal communication between containers.
• Work closely with software developers as needed to troubleshoot and resolve production outage.
• Management of LVM and VERITAS based file system.
• Performed regular disk management adding hard drives on existing servers and allocating space to required partitions.
• Provide technical engineering expertise when sought out for deployed systems experiencing failing on OS level
• Hands on experience on automation tools Hp automation / opsware / ansible
• Worked on orchestration tools Bamboo
• Managing user and group authentications for web and application servers using RSA.
• Installation and configuration of secured FTP servers.
• Configuration of DNS and local YUM repository for software package management and LVM install and configuration.
• Hardening systems with Security Enhanced Linux and File System Special permissions.
• Troubleshooting and upgrading VMware.
• Building of SAN storage with ISCSI and NAS storage experience.
• Apply system patches and updates.
• Perform critical system administration tasks from single-user mode.
• Install and configure Apache HTTPD server to be used by developer to host web applications.
• Install and configure Apache Tomcat server for developers.
• Configure NFS server and mount exported NFS resources at the client side.
• Configure and manage vsftpd servers.
• Configure and design in Nagios / zabbix
• Restore and Backup with MySQL.
• Rebooting and Patching on Red Hat Satellite.
• Worked with backups and restores using TSM and NETBACKUP/NETWORKER
• Troubleshooting the broken backups of netbackup and networker and fixes the issue.
• Installing linmon as per new company installation requirements and configure the linmon to throw the alerts accordingly.
• Responsible of monitoring the uptime report on OS and web APPLICATION and providing the status to the management.
• JDBC pool, triggers and adapters monitoring.
• Taking care of the send mail and postfix mailing tools.
• Ensure documentation is current and accurate
• Performance Management & Tuning of UNIX/ LINUX Kernel
• Performance tuning on the APPLICATION end, setting up the parameters accordingly.
• Ordering/ installation ssl certificates
• Instance maintainer, responsible of cleaning the web instances if it is heavily swapped.
• Responsible of starting or stopping the web applications /DBs before any maintenances.
• Provided support by 24x7 shift rotation basis and pager support on UNIX/LINUX
• Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls.
• Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment.
- UNIX/LINUX System Engineer at First Data
- Unix / Linux Admin at Chase
- UNIX/LINUX System Engineer at IBM
5 years, 2 months at this Job