• Installation, configuration and upgrade of RHEL 6.x, 7.x operating systems.
• Installed Redhat Linux, Solaris, Ubuntu and AIX servers, large scale deployment of servers, server migrations and consolidation to remote sites.
• Built a Linux kickstart server on x86 machines, deployment of HP Blade server running RHEL 5, 6 using VMware.
• Installed Configured and Managed NIS, NFS, DNS and Send Mail. Configured DHCP Red Hat Linux, server and SUSE.
• Patching servers semi-annually by breaking root mirrors of Veritas, SVM, ZFS and LVM
• Migrating the old servers like RHEL 4.0 , 5.0 to the current satellite versions of 6 and 7.
• Monitored the issues with other users on the network and resolved them.
• Built a Linux kickstart server on x86 machines, deployment of HP Blade server running RHEL 5 using VMware.
• Expertise in configuration Management tools like chef and puppet, CI/CD with Jenkins.
• Patched the servers with the latest updates and certificates which are used for the login purposes.
• Patched up the systems with the Linux servers and created tickets for the respective services to handle the issue.
• Implemented virtualization environment using Vmware.
• Monitored the systems CPU, memory, IDE/SCSI disks, disk controllers, RAID, and network parameters using the tools NAGIOS monitoring system.
• Installed, Configured and managed ESX VM's guests with virtual center and VI client
• Setting up AWS Cloudwatch and Custom Metrics to monitor AWS services.
• Troubleshooting critical networking and hardware issues and other day-to-day user trouble tickets in association with other administrators in the group.
• Defined and setup network printers and install client/server applications.
• Troubleshooting critical networking and hardware issues and other day-to-day user trouble tickets in association with other administrators in the group.
• Responsible for Monitoring system resources of database servers to assure production systems meet availability requirements and hardware enhancements are scheduled in a timely fashion.
• Experience in development and configuration experience with software provisioning tools like, Puppet and Ansible.
• Good understanding of Docker Configuration Management Tool.
• Create network team, manage file and port context using SELinux, allow/deny port and services using iptables/Firewalld, SSL implementation for Apache and Tomcat servers.
• Check vulnerability database and RedHat Security advisory, Apply kernel patch, security patch from repository.
• Responsible for helpdesk support using service now, Remedy, ITIL, ITSM ticketing system, inventory and system reporting. Participated in the migration planning, developing, testing and moving in different phases of various projects.
- Sr. Linux System Engineer at Signet Jewelers, OH
- Linux System Engineer at CVS Health Care
- Linux Administrator at HP Inc
- Linux Administrator at Ri -out Infotech
5 months at this Job
• DOD Secret Security Clearance
• Security Plus - SY0 401 Certification
• BrainBench Linux Certification
• ITIL Foundation Certification
• Perl, Python, C programming languages
• Solaris Certified System Administrator
• HP-UX Certified System Administrator
• Wireless communication certification at the University of Washington
• Internet Security certification at the University of Washington
• Network and Internet Security certification from University of Washington
• Private Pilot - Cessna 172
• Secondary school Physics/Math Teacher ( need complete student teacher )
• Senior level experience with supporting RedHat Linux, HP-UX 11, Solaris 10 in an enterprise environment
• 5 plus years of experience supporting HPC - using PBS scheduling servers in an enterprise environment
• Installed/Configured Cisco switched, routers and firewall
• Supported/maintained DNS, sendmail and DNS/Sendmail server
• Experienced with scripting languages such as PERL and bash to automate mundane tasks.
• Administered web-server software (Apache and Weblogic).
• Experienced with Veritas Volume Manager, LVM and Solstice DiskSuite volume management
• Installed/configured-supported Polycom video server.
• Installed/configured-supported open source Asterisk VoIP server * Microsoft server support MSCE - currently in progress
- SR LINUX SYSTEM ENGINEER at HOLLOWAY CONSULTANTS
- Sr. Linux/Solaris System Engineer BCBSSC Columbia, SC May. 2017– Oct 2017 at Pyramid Consulting Group
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - History
- Master of Science - Physics
Administrating an HPC environment with more than 200 servers, including compute clusters, webservers, database servers, backup servers, etc. Responsibilities include but not limited to: Linux server administration: system installation and configuration, Linux network administration (including networking, sub-networking, private networks, WAN, LAN, DNS, Ethernet), user management, system monitoring (using Nagios and icigna2), Bash scripting, developing "cron" jobs to automate system operations, software installation, configuration and upgrade, System-level diagnosis and troubleshooting, load and traffic balancing in compute clusters in an HPC environment. Data management and archiving (using both LTO7/8 tapes and SATA disks), creating disk images, System backup and restore. Filesystem management, testing, and optimization. RAID configuration, expansion, and optimization. Webserver administration: server (apache, tomcat, nginx) installation and configuration, virtual host definition, configuration, integration, and security (SSL key integration), profiling log files to identify system behavior, delving into log files to identify possible issues and/or potential threats, developing documents describing system response under different loads. Monitoring: icinga2 installation and configuration using postgresql as the database and icingaweb2 as the frontend, centralized monitoring, cluster/distributed monitoring, writing various plugins for Nagios and icinga2, integrate the plugins to the monitoring system by writing checks and services. Writing custom checks based on the need, Infuxdb, Graphite, and Grafana integration to icinga2 to monitoring performance data via graphs Maintenance: OS patching, Ticketing (Jira), Git repository management, code maintenance, software version controlling, server migration, database migration, tier 1,2, and 3 user support. Data center operations and hardware: physical server installation and racking, cable management, intel-based hardware, Dell servers, blade servers, Dell switches, HP servers, system peripherals, RAID group integration and expansion
- 1) Linux System Engineer at Genedx, Inc
- 2) System Administrator at Resget, Inc
- 3) Graduate lecturer at Towson University
2 years at this Job
- Masters of Science - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering
➢ Installation and configuration of windows, Red Hat Linux, oracle Linux, on new server builds as well as during the upgrade.
➢ Experience with VMware vSphere ESXi 5.5
➢ Deploying Oracle Linux, Red hat Linux, and windows servers in fast paced environment.
➢ Creating the template for the Linux those are used for deploying for the environments.
➢ Worked on System audit report like no. of logins, success & failures.
➢ Remotely coping files using sftp, ftp, scp, WinSCP, and FileZilla.
➢ Responsible for CI/CD process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
➢ Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on java projects for deployment of build artifacts in the source code
➢ Developed and implemented software Release Management strategies for various applications according to agile process
➢ Used Puppet Enterprise edition for configuration management.
➢ Wrote shell scripting to automate task across servers through Puppet.
➢ Actively involved in configuring puppet open source with several third party's applications.
➢ Worked on installation and maintenance of Puppet-based configuration management system.
➢ Worked on implementation of Puppet modules to automate configuration of a various services.
➢ Experienced in tasks like managing User Accounts and Groups, managing Disks and File systems.
➢ Worked with Dockers and Vagrant for different infrastructure setup and testing of code.
➢ Participated in the migration planning, developing, testing and moving the migration process onto full-fledged production network
➢ Help customers build scalable, resilient, and high-performance applications and services on AWS
➢ Migrated the bulk of the company's production systems to AWS
➢ Managed logical Volume manager on Red hat Servers
➢ Worked on Configuring & monitoring DHCP server.
➢ Experience in installing, integrating, tuning and troubleshooting Apache and Tomcat application server.
➢ Worked on EMC storage for the virtual machine.
➢ Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
➢ Experience in design micro services deployment using Docker.
➢ Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
➢ Performed regular installation of patches using RPM and YUM.
➢ Maintained LVM, VxVM and SVM file systems along with NFS.
➢ Worked with SVN and GIT for version control to manage chef code and revisions in a repository.
➢ Performed application installation and management on Linux servers for applications like JBoss 4.2.x, 5.x, Oracle
➢ Experience on deploying Hosted Chef-Server on AWS for managing AWS EC2 instances Environment: OEL 5.x/6.x, RHEL 5.x/6.x, Cent OS 5.x/6.x, Windows Servers 2k8r2/2012, ESXI 5.1/5.5, VMware VCenter & Vsphere, Jenkins. Puppet, GIT, LVM, Samba Winbind 3.x, Centrify, NFS, NIS, JDK 5.x/6.x/7.x, DIG, netstat, lookup, tcpdump, Bash, Shell, Tomcat and Apache.
- DevOps /Linux System Engineer at Avanade
- DevOps / Linux System Engineer at Mobile Forming
- DevOps / Linux system engineer at Comcast
- Linux/ Systems Administrator at Deloitte
1 year, 11 months at this Job
Part of the DevOps team tasked with automating the deployment of new code from our development servers to production. I also implemented the provisioning, deployment, monitoring and maintenance of AWS resources using an automated framework based on Ansible and Terraform. I also partnered with various development and test teams to carry out an automated testing framework across multiple environments using Jenkins.
• Wrote Ansible playbooks for managing different web servers on AWS EC2 instances
• Conducted deployments of newly tested code across multiple environments at the end of each sprint
• Handled merging and pull requests on Gitlab from multiple development teams
• Tasked with managing different Jenkins jobs to ensure that specific team members gets alerted each time the different Jenkins jobs kicks-off
• Automated the deployment of release notes for each deployment across multiple development servers
• Tasked with on-boarding new codes built on ant into our Jenkins server so it can be rebuilt using maven
• Continuously modified and updated our Devops documentation to reflect the current state of our environment and framework
• Led in-house team tasked with reducing virtual server deployment time. Implemented Jekins and Ansible tools in order to exceed the reduction expectations.
• Configured Access Control Lists (ACL) on directories to enforce effective team collaboration.
• Structured our release management system to simplify the deployment pipeline to have frictionless deployments and made it easier for developers and operations teams to release and operate apps of all shapes and sizes.
• Analyzed Ansible playbooks to determine how to migrate them across multiple servers automatically using Jenkins
• Automation of disable and enable nodes in F5 load balancer prior and after code deployment to production
• Created custom Ansible playbooks to dictate what our infrastructure and configuration should look like on our on-premise data center and on our cloud infrastructure on AWS to manage applications with longer lifecycles
• Automated the rapid provisioning of Virtual Machines using System Center Orchestrator
• Automated the deployment of multiple stacks across low and high environments
• Automated the deployment of Linux applications, system configuration and security settings using Amazon's CloudFormation
• Implemented true continuous Integration, with a distributed Jenkins jobs
• Helped to create a unified way of packaging and deploying release-notes with Jenkins
• Created new Performance Environment to test a true scalable environment before a release to production
• Redesigned and scaled virtual machines to be more robust with the growing demands and needs of the current and future environments
• Engaged with major stake holders in an ongoing DevOps improvement meeting to enhance the Devops practices across multiple projects
- Linux System Engineer / DevOps at Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Linux System Administrator at Home Depot
- Linux System Administrator at IBM
- System Administrator/Application Support at DELL
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associate Degree - Information Security
- - Undergraduate Software Engineering
• Built, Configured, Administered, Maintained and Supported 1800+ servers of Redhat Linux on VMware, Cisco UCS and HP Hardware.
• Attended calls related to customer queries and complaints, offered solutions.
• Architect and design Microsoft Visio and seek Architect approval for the same.
• Responsible for ensuring that infrastructure solutions adhere to TIMS technical standards.
• Design and build application/web servers according to Customer requirements, and installing and configuration of applications like JBoss, Apache, WebSphere, IBM DB2 client, Dynatrace., etc.
• Responsible for setting up SSL communication and renewing SSL certificates in production and non production environments.
• Implemented, supported, and maintained all network, firewall, storage, F5 load balancers, operating systems, and software in TIMS Environment.
• Working with network team to open hard firewall ports and updating same in soft firewall rules at the server level.
• Created Request for Change (RFC) & Incident Tickets on Service Now for hardware changes including replacing Failed HDDs, Failed Memory module, failed storage pools, Power pull server, Server builds, faulty LSI raid card replacement, firmware upgrades, link speed change for Cisco UCS production, Test & Dev servers.
• Monitored the servers and performed troubleshooting steps - Tested and installed the latest software on server for end-users.
• Strong technical background in Storage, Disk Management, Logical Volume Management (LVM) and logical partitioning.
• Installed and configured Jboss Application servers for DEV, QA, PROD and GDHA(backup) systems.
• Setup Mod cluster in JBOSS domain for HA solutions.
• Created nodes, clusters and JVM as per requirement in WebSphere.
• Ensures that all new applications are documented in the documentation repository.
• Setup NetBackup and BMC monitoring for alerts.
• Provided support in migration activities.
• Scheduled downtime for production servers before implementing or executing any changes to production, Test & Dev servers.
• Experience in administration & configuration management of Puppet on Linux and puppet enterprise management from the console.
• Modifying the manifest as per the requirement on puppet.
• Installed and maintain puppet-based configuration management system, configure and managing LVM on Linux using tools like lvextend, lvcreate, resize2fs etc.
• Good understanding of error logging subsystem and Performance Monitoring tools like vmstat, iostat, netstat on Linux systems.
• Provided on-call production support on 24x7 on rotational basis for resolving Icinga alerts.
• Worked on group/user administration, startup and shutdown scripts, crontabs, file system maintenance and backup scripting and automation.
• Experience in upgrading firmware and patching of servers when needed.
• Worked on various Logical Volume Manager tasks that included adding disks to the volume groups, increasing the size of the logical volumes and creating new file systems on those logical volumes.
• Troubleshooting issues with Virtual Machines and ESXi Hosts in VMware vcenter.
• Configuring, Managing and troubleshooting issues related to HA and DRS.
• Deploy virtual machines using templates and cloning.
• Create and manage virtual machine snapshots.
• Provide Hardware related support wherein we dispatch for a faulty part and make sure site is functioning with redundant part until the faulty one is replaced.
• Knowledge on Resource Handling, Memory Management techniques, Fault Tolerance and Update Manager.
• Experience in ITIL with Incident, Problem, Change, User support management. Environment: RHEL 6.x/7.x, EMC, VMWARE, Redhat Cluster Services, Puppet, Cisco UCS, Servicenow.
- Sr. Linux System Engineer/Administrator at American Express
- Sr. Unix/Linux System Administrator at Wal-Mart Inc
- Linux/VMware Administrator at Beacon Health Options
- Linux System Administrator at Cardinal Health
2 years, 11 months at this Job
Three month contract to implement a solution from local Linux access to Active Directory SSSD implementation on both RHEL 6 and RHEL 7 to interface with AD and Sailpoint software Automated BASH script to install all packages needed for installation Service Now change scheduling Experience with RSA Secure ID
- Linux System Engineer at Ameren, Inc
- Linux System Engineer 3 at Ally Financial, Inc. / Principle Solutions
- Linux System Engineer at IBM
- Linux Desktop Engineer at Panasonic Electronics / LogikxSolutions
3 months at this Job
- - Computer Science
Working with Dev team, making modifications on the code using Git VCS to clone, add, commit and push codes from local and master branches to central repositories. ❖ Creating new Ansible YAML, Play-books, Roles and bash shell scripts for application deployments. ❖ Collaborating with Dev and Prod teams to ensure smooth running of the pipeline. ❖ Verify and troubleshoot failed maven builds on Jenkins, verifying artifact id, and date stamps on Nexus, troubleshoot, document and communicate failed builds to the Dev team. ❖ Deploy snapshots of application codes to Dev and SIT/QA environments using playbooks & roles. ❖ Participate in daily scrum to improve system performance, and automation capabilities. ❖ Searching and testing open source applications and software to integrate into the infrastructure. ❖ Experience in Bash Shell Scripting ❖ Installation, configuration and hardening of Bare Metal Linux servers, working with security team on future patching needs. ❖ Installation and Configuration of the APACHE web Server on Linux platforms, troubleshoot and access log files for errors and web access traffic. ❖ Monitor system infrastructure against zero downtime, perform periodic backups, and troubleshoot failures. ❖ Diagnose application memory leaks, identify and fix issues related to SElinux, and identify library dependencies for third party software. ❖ Using Nagios XIt to monitor overall server performance, log management and communicating log messages to appropriate teams in different environments within the organization. ❖ Resolve package Management dependency issues.
- DevOps/Unix/Linux System engineer at Dataservice Group Inc
- Unix / Linux system engineer at Visionary Technologies(TM) Company
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Masters in Science - Biotechnology
- Bachelors of Science - Medical Technology
➢ Install, configure, maintain and administer Unix/Linux operating systems and components.
➢ Set up and administer user and groups accounts, setting permissions Web servers, file servers, firewalls, and directory services with ability to diagnose basic Apache Issues.
➢ Build and install multiple Linux machines.
➢ Provided management of system process in areas like boot process, startup and system shutdown.
➢ Troubleshoot system processes and performance tuning.
➢ Plan and execute packages, updates and installations using YUM, RPM, and DNF tools for necessary, optimal system performance.
➢ System automation, orchestration, provision and configuration management using Ansible automation tool.
➢ Participate in team activities or projects as a member of the Unix/Linux System Administration.
➢ Administer user and groups accounts, setting permissions Web servers, file servers, firewalls, and directory services with ability to diagnose basic Apache Issues.
➢ Provide management of system process in areas like boot process, start up and system shutdown.
➢ Monitor logs for performance analysis, issue debugging, and security problems.
➢ Version control, Continuous Delivery, Integration and deployment using tools like JENKINS, GIT, GITHUB.
➢ Diagnose and resolve problems associated with DNS, DHCP, VPN, NFS, and Apache.
➢ Build, install and configure Red Hat Linux servers in a data center environment.
➢ Implementation of storage management using LVM, SSM, Fdisk, and Parted.
➢ Implement advance disk configuration such as RAID 5 using Linux Software RAID program.
➢ Install new servers (physical and virtual) using kick-start installation & configuration method.
➢ Create automated administrative tasks using cron, managing System Logs using Rsyslog.
➢ Monitoring of web servers using nagios monitoring tool.
➢ Administering local and remote servers on daily basis providing weekly status reports to Management.
➢ Experience with networking using TCP/IP and maintaining network.
➢ Installation and administering mail using Postfix (MTA)
➢ Bash Scripting, Yaml
➢ Responsibilities include identifying, troubleshooting, resolving network problems and monitoring systems in a network management center
➢ Provide technical network interface with customers
➢ Escalate problems to the internal Network engineering and external vendors as required
➢ Initial troubleshooting and resolution of network connectivity issues.
➢ Maintains standards and policy documentation for all production.
➢ Create ticket and queue management
➢ Dedicated to successful project completion with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Linux System Engineer at Lolubyte IT Consultants
- Computer Technician at JD Systems
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- High school
- In progress
➢ Experience maintaining virtual server environment using VMWARE ESXi, vSphere and VCenter.
➢ Experience Installing, configuring, administrating, troubleshooting, tuning, security, backup/recovery and upgrading Linux.
➢ Experience installing and updating packages from the network, Remote Repository, or Local File system.
➢ Good Knowledge in bash scripting.
➢ Experienced in User and Group administration and security issues.
➢ Network security, Iptables, TCP dump.
➢ Knowledge of Docker Container service.
➢ Managing and Creating Containerized Environments using Docker.
➢ Worked with installation and configuration of Docker environment including docker registry hub for managing different docker images and deployment of applications inside the software containers.
➢ Using Docker container enabled rapid deployment with minimum run-time requirements.
➢ Worked with Containers (Docker Swarm), Containers Orchestration (Kubernetes) and OpenShift.
➢ Experience in the implementation, integrating and use of orchestration and automation tools or platforms. (Ansible, Kubernetes)
➢ Experience installing, configuring and securing Kubernetes clusters.
➢ Knowledge of Kubernetes network overlays and performance tuning.
➢ Experience with containerization tools (Docker, Docker Build, Kubernetes)
➢ Experimented with Kubernetes for potential Dockerization of continuous integration.
➢ Integrated Kubernetes with network, storage, and security to provide comprehensive infrastructure and orchestrated container across multiple hosts.
➢ Utilize multiple configurations and automation tools such as Ansible to automate a broad range of services, as well as write and update playbooks, and create roles.
➢ Expertise in Application deployment and environment configuration using Ansible.
➢ The management tool Ansible used as the Configuration tool and written Ansible playbooks to automate the process of creating the master and Worker nodes in Kubernetes Environment.
➢ Experience as a Release Engineer.
➢ Performed upgrades of Packages and Patches in Linux.
➢ Troubleshooting network, application, and server related issues.
➢ Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
➢ Responsible for the build, configuration and maintenance of both physical and virtual machines in the Linux environment consist of CentOS. Environment: Linux, Ansible, Bash, VMWare, MS SQL Server, Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab, Rally, JFrog Artifactory, TeamCity.
- Linux System Engineer at GE HealthCare
- Sr. DevOps Engineer at Northwestern mutual
- AWS/ DevOps Engineer at Bank of America
- DevOps Engineer at Ford Motor Company
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - EEE
- Master's in computer science - computer science