Support and maintain about 3200 Redhat Linux servers in a very complex environment as part of a team of 8 Linux engineer.
Our environment is consisted of IMB blades server and IBM storage.
80% of our Linux servers are virtual, and 15% are physical and about 5% in the cloud. Used tools as HP SA and BSM to perform patch installation.
Installed application such as SAS, Oracle, Java, and more.
Configured multiple nodes GFS cluster in a multipath environment.
Configured GFS filesystems.
Used LVM to configure logical volumes for mount points/filesystems.
Configured multiple nfs severs and clients for filesystems sharing across the network.
Configured certificated for web servers.
Build about 50 Linux servers in a cloud environment using AWS EC2.
Monitor systems performance activities such as memories, CPU, swap, disk activities and filesystems usage with HP Tools.
Troubleshoot servers to solve network, or performance related issues.
Used Nexus for security scan and follow up with different teams for security remediation.
Applied securities patches and change configurations or remove packages to fix security vulnerabilities.
Configured security baseline following NIST security guide line on Linux servers and templates used for new servers deployment.
Used Splunk for security logs finding and management.
Configure Redhat satellite 7 on 4 servers to facilitate in house patches and Redhat packages management. Mentor Junior Linux system administrator and help to adapt in environment.
Install and configure server operating system, middleware, and application software on new and established hardware platforms.
Install upgrades and patches on operating systems software and hardware (e.g. firmware) and replace failed hardware components as appropriate.
Work with team members to schedule and implement installs and maintenance around the needs of business.
Document tasks, schedules, test plans and risk mitigation plans in change management system.
Perform server administration tasks such as user account management and access control.
Monitor hardware and software for signs of failure. Create and use tools and processes to perform health checks.
Perform root cause analysis and troubleshooting to investigate problems and implement appropriate resolutions.
Diagnose problems with peers and other teams and document results in problem management system.
Provide direction to team members to identify and resolve problems, document results, and develop actions to prevent problems from recurring.
Prepare routine documentation of how systems are working, check against policies, procedures, and standards to maintain compliance.
AWS Gov Cloud RESPONSIBILTIES
Hands on experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, Elastic Load-balancers, S3, EBS, VPC, Route53, CloudWatch, , IAM,
•Designed and configured Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) for server's migration.
•Use EC2 to create multiple Linux servers, and set up security encryption key to ssh to servers.
•Migrate multiple servers using AWS servers migration service (SMS) to migrate multiple VMware servers to AWS.
•Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
•Created S3 buckets for objects and images storages.
•Focus on continuous integration and deployment, promoting Enterprise Solutions to target environments.
•Configured EBS for application usage as a mount point.
•Familiar with AWS market place. Configured Storage NFS servers Capacity and Elasticity (VM sizes, scaling approach) Work on UBS in building the core infra environment as designed, executing functional tests, and amending the environment Base Azure resources directory, subscriptions, resource groups Integrate infrastructure data storage, name resolution, authentication Knowledge of Automation and Monitoring applications and scripts VMWARE RESPONSIBILTIES Managed Virtualization Environment using VM Ware ESX 3.x, VM Ware V Spere 4.x,Virtual Center, VI Client, P2V Installation, Configuration, Administration and Trouble shooting of ESX 3.x,Vspere 4.0, Virtual Center, VI Client Creating and Managing Virtual Machines and Templates Creating Clusters for High Availability (HA) and Distributive Resource Scheduling (DRS) Migrate Physical Servers to Virtual Server using VMware Converter (P2V Converter) Migrating of Virtual Machines using V Motion Performing Snapshots, Cloning Creating Templates from VM's, deploy VM's from templates and allocate resources Monitoring of Virtual Machine's & ESX servers (CPU, Memory, Disk and Network Utilization) Converting P2V and V2V using VMware Standalone Converter. Creating duplicate Virtual Machine's using cloning technology (hot & cold). Migration of Virtual Machines using V-Motion.. Moving VM's from one LUN to another LUN using Storage V-Motion.
- Senior Linux system Engineer at HP
- Lead Senior Systems Integration Engineer at TEKsystems/SAIC
- Lead Senior Linux and Unix System Engineer, and Citrix Netscaler Administrator at INDUS CORP
- Senior UNIX and Linux system Administrator/Architect at The US Library of Congress Washington DC /SAIC
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- Certificate in
- Certificate in Optivity Networks Node Management
- Master of Science in Economics and Business Management - Economics and Business Management
- Diploma - UNIX System Administration
- Diploma - Oracle
Infrastructure Engineer with experience in multi-platform UNIX and Linux environments. Supporting hardware like HP ProLiant Rack Servers, HP Blade Chassis, and HP ProLiant Blade servers. Performing hardware migration from an old HP ProLiant to a new generation Chassis and not limited to storage migration like LVM Migration. Maintaining the system up to date by running firmware updates, adding memory, increasing CPU Cores and giving access to users upon requested. Troubleshooting broken servers and made changes depending on finding issues. Running healthy checks to mitigate risks and proactively making changes to avoid discontinuation of services.
- Sr. Linux System Engineer at Cerner Corporation
- Sr. Backup Engineer at Cerner Corporation
- System Engineer at Cerner Corporation
- Sr. System Analyst at Cerner Corporation
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master Of Engineering - Cybersecurity Policy &Compliance
- Bachelor of Arts - Management Information System
- Associate of Arts - Management Information Systems
➢ Installation and configuration of windows, Red Hat Linux, oracle Linux, on new server builds as well as during the upgrade.
➢ Experience with VMware vSphere ESXi 5.5
➢ Deploying Oracle Linux, Red hat Linux, and windows servers in fast paced environment.
➢ Creating the template for the Linux those are used for deploying for the environments.
➢ Worked on System audit report like no. of logins, success & failures.
➢ Remotely coping files using sftp, ftp, scp, WinSCP, and FileZilla.
➢ Responsible for CI/CD process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
➢ Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on java projects for deployment of build artifacts in the source code
➢ Developed and implemented software Release Management strategies for various applications according to agile process
➢ Used Puppet Enterprise edition for configuration management.
➢ Wrote shell scripting to automate task across servers through Puppet.
➢ Actively involved in configuring puppet open source with several third party's applications.
➢ Worked on installation and maintenance of Puppet-based configuration management system.
➢ Worked on implementation of Puppet modules to automate configuration of a various services.
➢ Experienced in tasks like managing User Accounts and Groups, managing Disks and File systems.
➢ Worked with Dockers and Vagrant for different infrastructure setup and testing of code.
➢ Participated in the migration planning, developing, testing and moving the migration process onto full-fledged production network
➢ Help customers build scalable, resilient, and high-performance applications and services on AWS
➢ Migrated the bulk of the company's production systems to AWS
➢ Managed logical Volume manager on Red hat Servers
➢ Worked on Configuring & monitoring DHCP server.
➢ Experience in installing, integrating, tuning and troubleshooting Apache and Tomcat application server.
➢ Worked on EMC storage for the virtual machine.
➢ Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
➢ Experience in design micro services deployment using Docker.
➢ Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
➢ Performed regular installation of patches using RPM and YUM.
➢ Maintained LVM, VxVM and SVM file systems along with NFS.
➢ Worked with SVN and GIT for version control to manage chef code and revisions in a repository.
➢ Performed application installation and management on Linux servers for applications like JBoss 4.2.x, 5.x, Oracle
➢ Experience on deploying Hosted Chef-Server on AWS for managing AWS EC2 instances Environment: OEL 5.x/6.x, RHEL 5.x/6.x, Cent OS 5.x/6.x, Windows Servers 2k8r2/2012, ESXI 5.1/5.5, VMware VCenter & Vsphere, Jenkins. Puppet, GIT, LVM, Samba Winbind 3.x, Centrify, NFS, NIS, JDK 5.x/6.x/7.x, DIG, netstat, lookup, tcpdump, Bash, Shell, Tomcat and Apache.
- DevOps /Linux System Engineer at Avanade
- DevOps / Linux System Engineer at Mobile Forming
- DevOps / Linux system engineer at Comcast
- Linux/ Systems Administrator at Deloitte
2 years, 1 month at this Job
Administrating an HPC environment with more than 200 servers, including compute clusters, web servers, database servers, backup servers, as well as bioinformatics software (bcl2fastq, GATK, bwa, samtools, Alamut) configuration, optimization, testing, etc. Responsibilities include but not limited to: Linux server administration: system installation, configuration, testing and tuning, upgrading and security patching using apt and dpkg, package management and configuration using dpkg, troubleshooting physical and virtual servers' issues. Built and configured various services such as: DNS, DHCP, NFS, Postfix, Apache, NIS, Samba, SSH, Telnet, http. Finalized configuration files and set file permissions. Created cron jobs to perform system backup and automated administration tasks using scripting. Performed LVM tasks such as: creating physical volumes, volume groups, logical volume and file system. Performed Linux file system operations including RAID creation, optimization, expansion, etc. Setup NFS and Samba File sharing setup on Linux servers. User account management in NIS and LDAP. Delivered system-level technical support and troubleshooting. Configured networks on servers including static and dhcp private, sub-network configuration Monitoring: icinga2 installation and configuration, centralized-clustered/distributed monitoring, wrote various Nagios plugins, integrated them to the monitoring tool by writing custom checks and services. configured and integrated icingaweb, Infuxdb, Graphite, and Grafana to icinga2 to monitoring performance data via graphs Maintenance: OS patching, Ticketing (Jira), Git repository management, software version controlling, server migration, database migration, tier 1,2, and 3 user support. Data center operations and hardware: server's physical installation and racking, cable management, intel-based hardware, Dell servers, blade servers, Dell switches, HP servers, Think Mate servers, Penguin servers, system peripherals, RAID group integration and expansion
- 1) Linux System Engineer at GeneDx, Inc
- 2) System Administrator at Resget, Inc
- 3) Graduate lecturer at Towson University
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering
Oversee design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues of base operating system, support libraries, components and application dependencies. Create and maintain physical and virtual machines with the appropriate distribution of Linux and network configuration. Monitor and correct critical server issues and process for failures and performance. Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
• Adeptly installed, maintained, and regularly upgraded Red Hat Linux Servers using kickstart based network installation
• Provided 24x7 System Administration support for Red Hat Linux 6x 7x servers and resolved trouble tickets on shift rotation basis.
• Expertly troubleshoot issues with VMs running on VMware ESXi 5.5 and 6.0. Review hypervisor logs using VSphere web and thick client. Troubleshoot performance and storage issues. Build, migrate and clone machines.
• Remedy Salesforce for ticket based IT Service Management Software; mount user drives onto Linux to communicate with other OS (SMB/NFS); create specific File Systems for middleware developers and database teams (LVM).
• Employed IAM service to create roles, users, groups and also implemented MFA to provide extra security to AWS account and its resources.
• Expertise in implementation and maintenance of Apache HTTPD, SMTP, DHCP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, SAMBA, SQUID, Postfix, send mail, FTP, Remote Access, Security Management and Security.
• Created and configured Ansible playbooks to automatically install packages from a repository; Changed configuration of remote hosts and also deployed new builds using Ansible.
• Worked on Jenkins, for testing and building the codes using Ansible to deploy on Docker Containers.
- Linux System Engineer/DevOps at VERIZON WIRELESS
- Linux System Administrator at BANK OF AMERICA
- Help Desk Support at ASI
3 years, 1 month at this Job
• DevOps application support engineer working with Dev team, making modifications on the code using Git VCS to clone, add, commit and push codes from local and master branches to central repositories.
• Creating new Ansible YAML, Play-books, Roles and bash shell scripts for application deployments.
• Collaborating with Dev and Prod teams to ensure smooth running of the pipeline.
• Verify and troubleshoot failed maven builds on Jenkins, verifying artifact id, and date stamps on Nexus, troubleshoot, document and communicate failed builds to the Dev team.
• Monitor system infrastructure against zero downtime, perform periodic backups, and troubleshoot failures (tier 2 and tier 3)
• Deploy snapshots of application codes to AWS EC2 and SIT/QA environments using playbooks & roles.
• Working Knowledge of AWS services
• Participate in daily scrum to improve system performance, and automation capabilities.
• Perform duties as assigned in support of the customer and assisting end-users with general lT questions and support.
• System performance tuning and basics in monitoring, analyzing system and application logs, vulnerability assessments, performing upgrades and Patching.
• Managing physical, virtual, and network storage ( HD's, LVM's, NFS, SAMBA, NAS).
• Using command line & software server/application monitoring and process management tools (Nagios, Rsylog).
• Perform installation, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting of LAMP.(Apache, Mysql and PHP)
• Mysql server administration, adding users, granting privileges, creating databases and backup and restoration.
• User/group administration, file/directory security, authentication and access management (SSH, Firewall).
• Using Nagios XIt to monitor overall server performance, log management (Syslog and RSyslogs) and communicating log messages to appropriate teams in different environments within the organization.
• Searching and testing open source applications and software to integrate into the infrastructure.
• Experience using and writing Bash Shell Scripts for system admin tasks.
• Installation, configuration and hardening of Linux servers, working with security team on future patching needs.
• Installation and Configuration of the APACHE web Server on Linux platforms, troubleshoot and access log files for errors and web access traffic.
• Resolve package Management dependency issues.
- Linux System engineer at Dataservice Group Inc
- Unix / Linux system engineer at Merrill Lynch
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Masters - Biotechnology
- Bachelors of Science - Medical Technology
Took part in vendor management regarding purchasing new technologies to resolve End of Life software/hardware
● Worked on migrating servers from an old outdated datacenter to a new datcenter. This includes P2v'ing physical servers as well as rebuilding older linux systems onto new hardware, and RHEL7.5.
● P2V'd many physical servers to save costs as well as providing decommission images for legal hold contracts.
● Built Virtual linux servers using Vmware / Vsphere
● Handled daily Linux request and Incidents.
● Provided Linux administration for Redhat Virtual and Physical servers.
● Wrote bash shell scripts to perform daily tasks as well as for system information gathering.
● Used RedHat Satellite to administer and patch linux server.
● Introduced to Configuration Management using Chef and Puppet (not at an expert level)
- Linux System Engineer at University of Phoenix
- Consultant at University of Phoenix
- Consultant at PayPal
- Unix Systems Engineer at CGI Corporation
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science - Computer Science
Linux servers (RHEL 5/6/7, CentOS 6/7,
● Working knowledge of AWS Services IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS and coming trends in the cloud Ubuntu) space
● Manage AWS Infrastructure (VPC, EC2, ELB, CloudFormation, Route53 and other AWS
● Scripting & services) Automation (Bash,
● Leveraged security for AWS services through a combination of keys, IAM policies and roles, Ansible) encryption and security groups
● Monitoring and
● Experience in version control systems such as Git, GitLab, GitHub, etc. managing (New
● Experience with DevOps techniques, CI/CD and Agile operational characteristics Relic, Nagios, AWS
● Experience with virtualization (VMWare) and associated components CloudWatch)
● Migration of vmware to AWS using Server Migration Service
● Backup systems
● Implemented the use of New Relic, Nagios and CloudWatch for monitoring and analyzing (R1soft, rsync, tar) the loads on the individual machines
● Automate server build, package and configuration management with Ansible, create, edit (top, free, ping, and use Ansible playbooks and roles telnet, netstat)
● Work on Ansible Playbooks to automating daily and repetitive tasks saving 20% admin job
● DevOps Tools
● Design, build and deploy various applications (Apache, Nginx, MySQL) (Jenkins/GitHub/JIR
● System monitoring, password security and policy implementation A)
● Perform server updates, patching, upgrade and package installation using RPM and YUM
● Database (MySQL,
● Used Logical Volume Manager (LVM) to manage server volumes on Linux servers MariaDB,
● Checking alert logs, trace files and file system DynamoDB)
● Automation of administrative tasks using the Cron utility
● Backups, migrating and expanding file systems
● Configure iptables firewall and hardening Linux systems for system security
● Troubleshoot performance of servers using tools such as top, atop, free, vmstat, iostat, traceroute, etc
● Configured Networking Concepts DNS, NFS and DHCP
● Troubleshooting network problems like TCP/IP, providing support to the users and solving their problems
● Administered and configured SSL and Apache Web Server
● Identified user problems and worked within a structured problem management and resolution process to remediate them within established SLAs
● Upgrading documentation based on the updates of the company's proprietary application
- Linux System Engineer at Expedia Group
- Linux System Administrator at WALGREENS
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- High school
• Virtualization technologies: Vcenter (Esxi 5,5 and 6)
• Upgrade and maintain Linux platform (redhat 6&7)
• Maintain and support various unix flavors (Redhat, Oracle Linux, Solaris, AIX)
• Patching of servers using Redhat Satellite 6 and IBM BigFix 9,5
• Good troubleshooting and RCA skills
• Cross-platform OS manager: vROPs 7 & VRA
• Monitoring tool: solarwind, xymon
• Upgrade of splunk 6,3 to Splunk 7,02
• Installation and upgrade of tripwire to version 3.10
• upgrade of snap to snmpv3
• Logical volume management
• User management and authentication
• Use of HPSA for deployment and server management
• Server decommissioning
• Good in change request procedure
• Use of DTC for managing window systems
• Coordinate hardware replacement with vendors
• Help in designing Method of Procedure
• Proficient with Bash script
• Knowledgeable of networking; TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP
• good collaboration skills with other teams
• Initiation to python3
- Linux System Engineer at Charter Communications
- Linux Infrastructure Engineer and AWS support at Beyond Technologies - Sterling
- System Engineer at Afriland First Bank
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Master's - International Banking and Finance
- Master's - Economics
- Bachelor's - Economics
• Built, Configured, Administered, Maintained and Supported 1800+ servers of Redhat Linux on VMware, Cisco UCS and HP Hardware.
• Attended calls related to customer queries and complaints, offered solutions.
• Architect and design Microsoft Visio and seek Architect approval for the same.
• Responsible for ensuring that infrastructure solutions adhere to TIMS technical standards.
• Design and build application/web servers according to Customer requirements, and installing and configuration of applications like JBoss, Apache, WebSphere, IBM DB2 client, Dynatrace., etc.
• Responsible for setting up SSL communication and renewing SSL certificates in production and non production environments.
• Implemented, supported, and maintained all network, firewall, storage, F5 load balancers, operating systems, and software in TIMS Environment.
• Working with network team to open hard firewall ports and updating same in soft firewall rules at the server level.
• Created Request for Change (RFC) & Incident Tickets on Service Now for hardware changes including replacing Failed HDDs, Failed Memory module, failed storage pools, Power pull server, Server builds, faulty LSI raid card replacement, firmware upgrades, link speed change for Cisco UCS production, Test & Dev servers.
• Monitored the servers and performed troubleshooting steps - Tested and installed the latest software on server for end-users.
• Strong technical background in Storage, Disk Management, Logical Volume Management (LVM) and logical partitioning.
• Installed and configured Jboss Application servers for DEV, QA, PROD and GDHA(backup) systems.
• Setup Mod cluster in JBOSS domain for HA solutions.
• Created nodes, clusters and JVM as per requirement in WebSphere.
• Ensures that all new applications are documented in the documentation repository.
• Setup NetBackup and BMC monitoring for alerts.
• Provided support in migration activities.
• Scheduled downtime for production servers before implementing or executing any changes to production, Test & Dev servers.
• Experience in administration & configuration management of Puppet on Linux and puppet enterprise management from the console.
• Modifying the manifest as per the requirement on puppet.
• Installed and maintain puppet-based configuration management system, configure and managing LVM on Linux using tools like lvextend, lvcreate, resize2fs etc.
• Good understanding of error logging subsystem and Performance Monitoring tools like vmstat, iostat, netstat on Linux systems.
• Provided on-call production support on 24x7 on rotational basis for resolving Icinga alerts.
• Worked on group/user administration, startup and shutdown scripts, crontabs, file system maintenance and backup scripting and automation.
• Experience in upgrading firmware and patching of servers when needed.
• Worked on various Logical Volume Manager tasks that included adding disks to the volume groups, increasing the size of the logical volumes and creating new file systems on those logical volumes.
• Troubleshooting issues with Virtual Machines and ESXi Hosts in VMware vcenter.
• Configuring, Managing and troubleshooting issues related to HA and DRS.
• Deploy virtual machines using templates and cloning.
• Create and manage virtual machine snapshots.
• Provide Hardware related support wherein we dispatch for a faulty part and make sure site is functioning with redundant part until the faulty one is replaced.
• Knowledge on Resource Handling, Memory Management techniques, Fault Tolerance and Update Manager.
• Experience in ITIL with Incident, Problem, Change, User support management. Environment: RHEL 6.x/7.x, EMC, VMWARE, Redhat Cluster Services, Puppet, Cisco UCS, Servicenow.
- Sr. Linux System Engineer/Administrator at American Express
- Sr. Unix/Linux System Administrator at Wal-Mart Inc
- Linux/VMware Administrator at Beacon Health Options
- Linux System Administrator at Cardinal Health
3 years, 1 month at this Job