Kaiser Permanente via Blackstone Consulting, INC, Operational Responsibilities: ❖ Over 4 years of strong IT experience as a System Administrator in LINUX, Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu Linux Operating System with extensive implementation and troubleshooting experience. ❖ Creating logical volumes, extending the file systems using LVM. ❖ Perform day-to-day operational maintenance, respond to support requests and incidents, create and deploy application installations/upgrades and security updates running on Linux-AWS Platforms. ❖ Used Icinga2 & Grafana as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Icinga2 & Grafana Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services. ❖ Design and build infrastructure, Install, configure and maintain workstations and servers including web servers in support of business processing requirements, perform software installations and upgrade to Operating Systems (O/S), layered software packages. ❖ Additionally, maintained in accordance with the company's established network policies. ❖ Investigate and research issues, determine impact, and provide remediation and document Root Cause Analysis (RCA) when required. ❖ Write and submit weekly, monthly reports. ❖ Continuously assesses and reports security issues and solutions to management. ❖ Ensure that all company policies, initiatives and goals are successfully implemented. ❖ Conduct vulnerability assessments on on-prem and cloud systems. ❖ Conduct routine hardware and software audits of workstations, develop and maintain, Troubleshooting and upgrade Linux O/S in the Cloud (LINUX-AWS-Platforms). ❖ Create privatized AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and launched instances, to provide high security and accessibility to applications and databases, so that inbound and outbound network traffic is accessed restricted. ❖ Using Ansible to automate task and provision servers. ❖ Monitored System Activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues. ❖ Experience in upgrading major release version of Red Hat Enterprise 6./7.x, CentOS & Ubuntu.. ❖ Monitor resources and applications using AWS CloudWatch, including creating alarms to monitor metrics such as EBS, EC2, ELB, RDS, S3 and configured notifications for the alarms generated based on events defined.
- Linux-Systems-Administrator at AWS
- AWS SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR at AWS
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Masters in Business Administration - Business Administration
- B.S in Healthcare Administration. - Healthcare Administration
• Responsibilities include analysis, installation, maintenance and modification of Operating systems (RHEL 5.9, 6.2,) configuration automation using CF-engine and puppet: Enhancing system security to meet company's security policy.
• Analyze performance of the system and ensure the performance objective and availability of the requirements using performance measuring tools
• Interact with the clients to resolve the queries, issues and problems.
• Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and isolate common system problems: document system events to ensure continuous functioning. Recommend course of action and apply when approved.
• Design and build systems for development, staging and production environment based on the request on virtual environments or physical servers
• Install and configure web server , Oracle 11g Weblogic 10.3, 11g and Deployed different version of updates on application on JBOSS, Tomcat , IBM Webspher containers Deploy
• Crash Dump Analysis using hp diagnosis and kdump tools
• Responsibilities as System Administrator include monitor and tune system to make sure of the optimum level of the performance * Lead SME for the deployment of DoD mandatory HBSS deployment in AG1CP -CISD * Perform data analysis on source systems prior to data migration into the target system * security engineer Unix \ Linux platform * Support the Full Accreditation of System and annual Reviews according to FISMA E-Government Act of 2002 consisting of over 29 production systems supporting DoD war fighter effort * Key player in evaluating and assigning IA control to Agency system based on their criticality level. * Responsible for the coordination and execution of the daily/weekly/monthly scheduled vulnerability scans and remediation using Retina reporting tool, Nessus and Gold disk (retired) Provide schedule briefing on risk assessments, vulnerabilities and their effects to the organizations overall security posture to agency leadership * Key player in developing, reviewing standards, policy and procedure for software / hardware deployment and decommisiong within the agency enterprise. * Assist with the validation of security controls through vulnerability assessment testing as part of overall security posture of the enterprise and for C&A activities * Key player in coming up with PWS for contract award in the agency. * Retina sever, Nessus, Gold Disk Analyzer, HBSS, MBA
• Tripwire, Satan, Snort, Nmap, Wireshack, Bastille
- LINUX /Systems Administrator at Arrowpoint corporation
- Tsymmetry Consultant, Roslyn, VA at IRS
- SR UNIX/Systems Administrator Security and Exchange Commission, Contractor, VA at
- SR UNIX/Systems Administrator IWSL/CSG/W63, Contractor at Tatilek Training Services, INC
6 years, 6 months at this Job
- MS - Computer Science
• Experience administering, installing, configuring and maintenance of Linux.
• Responsible for planning, configuring, administering and managing Red Hat Satellite 5.x, 6.x
• Experience installing, upgrading and configuring Red Hat Linux 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x using Kickstart and Interactive Installation.
• Interacting with other system engineers, developers, database administrators, client teams, vendors, and other teams for infrastructure compliance and system certification
• Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers.
• Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains system documentation, tunes system performance, installs system-wide software, and allocates mass storage space.
• Attend status meetings
• Networking, Domain Name System (DNS), firewalls, ports, certificates and general system security concepts
• Government security protocols (DISA STIGS), controls, and hardening procedures
• Utilize JAVA Keystool to create and configure SSL certificates
• Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
• Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation, and provides backup recovery.
• Supporting ISSO to maintain and update system security plans
• Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
• Responsible for creating and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in Solaris, Ubuntu and Red Hat Linux.
• Configures DNS, SPLUNK, NFS, remote access and security management.
• Creates, monitors and upgrades Linux Virtual Machines using VMware Virtual Center.
• Installs, upgrades and manages packages via RPM and YUM package management
• Installs Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
• Installs, configures and supports Apache on Linux production servers.
• Manages Patches configuration, version control, service pack and reviews connectivity issues regarding security problems.
• Manages systems routine backup, scheduling jobs and enabling cron jobs.
• Administers VMware Infrastructure Client 3.5 and Vsphere 6.x.
• Works with Database administrators to tune kernel for Oracle installations
- Sr. Linux Systems Administrator at CSRA/GDIT
- Sr. Linux Systems Administrator at Apex Systems
- Linux Administrator at Modest Technologies Solutions
- Linux/Unix Administrator at Howard University
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Educational Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Biological Science
• Setup, Troubleshoot and Configure Tomcat and Nginx servers.
• Importing Creating and setting mounts points and user-mount points.
• Define/setup network protocols, Network File Services (NFS), Samba, and Network Information Services (NIS) on Linux environments.
• Performed daily backup of systems while assisting with restoration of procedures.
• Troubleshooting and maintaining DNS Application.
• Installation and configuration of Nagios to manage remote machines and disk usage, CPU, and RAM metrics.
• Responsible for maintaining user accounts and basic service access permissions on infrastructure servers.
• Add, remove and resizing Logical volumes using LVM in Linux and implementing software RAID at installation time.
• Installation and configuration of the system-wide monitoring tool
• Install, upgrade and manage packages via RPM and YUM package management.
• Install and implement new patches to the Linux operating system software using RPM
• Provided on-call support by rotation 24/7.
• Reset password and unlock user account.
• Created and deleted user accounts enforce security and compliance rules to regarding passwords and access to computer systems.
• Keeping track of maintenance of the servers in hardware & software
• Respond to emergency calls relating to server performance, diagnosis of problems, repairing
- Jr. Linux System Administrator at Covance Central Laboratory
- IT Analyst Support at Uber Technology
8 months at this Job
- - Health Service Management
- Associate in General Studies - General Studies
● Architecting 'lift and shift' of existing older style datacenter into the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
● Administering/kickstarting/configuring servers running Centos and Oracle Enterprise Linux in the development and production environments.
● Firewall administration with Cisco ASA hardware, Vyatta and iptables.
● MySQL administration - Tuning, replication, crash recovery and schema management.
● FusionIO and Flashcache setup for MySQL performance testing.
● RPM authoring and deployment for various systems management.
● Provisioning assets through OCI using oci-cli and Terraform.
● VIP, pool and iRule management on F5 hardware.
● SOP authoring and refinement for quick resolution.
● Performing server management through IPMI, KVM, and Cyclades.
● Managing virtual environments with KVM and Libvirt, XMLRPC and Ansible.
● Authoring and implementing Nagios alerts for system/application monitoring.
● Troubleshooting environment related issues.
- Linux Systems Administrator at Oracle
- Systems Administrator at Hostgator
- Software QA/Operations at Lexmark International
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Computer Science, Clinical Lab Sciences
- - General studies and Computer Science
Engage in troubleshooting issues and mitigations of any assigned RedHat Servers
● Responsible for configurations and installations of Linux RedHat and CentOS servers
● Exposure to AWS
● Apply systems patches, server updates and installations using RPM and YUM
● Work with PUPPET for OS configuration and automation needs
● Manage Logical Volumes in RedHat Systems
● Perform basic network configurations and troubleshooting at server level
● Troubleshooting hardware, operating system and application software problems
● Familiarity with Redhat Clusters
● Experience using Load Balancer to manage work traffic and ensure stable node performance
● Participate in the development of policies, procedures and resources that standardize the functioning of the IT infrastructure
● Built Servers (Red Hat VMs)
● Adding users, groups and assign special permissions
● Schedule and handle tickets via Jira ticketing tool
- Linux Systems Administrator at Vinds inc
- Red Hat Linux System Administrator at Timeless Solutions INC
- Linux Systems Administrator at Rural Investment Credit Douala
8 months at this Job
- Certified System Administrator
• Building and installing multiple Linux machines 300 + physical and virtual (Red Hat Enterprise Server, Cent OS, VMware).
• Installing, configuring, maintaining and administering Linux / UNIX operating systems and components. Experienced with Linux family (Red Hat Enterprise Server, Cent OS, VMware).
• Setting up and administering user and group accounts, setting permissions Web servers, file servers, firewalls, and directory services with ability to diagnose basic Apache Issues
• Connecting physical and virtual machines of Internet technologies and Protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SSL).
• Creating user-defined bridge networks to control communication files and to enable automatic DNS resolution of container names to IP addresses.
• Utilizing source control management tools like GIT (GitHub), and creating GIT repositories with specified branching strategies.
• Participating in team activities as a member of the Linux / UNIX System Administration.
- Linux Systems Administrator at Lolubyte IT Consultants, Inc.
- Junior Linux System Administrator at Resource Energy Systems
- Help Desk Technician II at Capital One Coroporate
- (Quality Improvement Tech) Intern at U.S. Department of State
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Economics/Computer Science/Mathematics
• Build Virtual and Physical machines and deploying them in production environment
• Have experience with Splunk
• Have Experience enhancing the security posture (disa stig)
• Extend logical volumes for file system g using Logical Volume Manager (LVM)
• Create RHEL virtual servers in VmWare center from consolidated image
• Apply patches and packages on Linux servers
• Have experience with storage (pure Storage)
• Provided remote system support, and system maintenance
• Setup user accounts, passwords, and groups on Linux server platforms
• Migrate HP-UX servers to Redhat servers 7.3 and 7.4
• Use PowerPoint and Microsoft word for team presentation and mini proposals
• Conduct performance analysis using netstat & top
• Knowledgeable in Open-Source Automation
• Manage backup jobs using tar, and commvault backup software
• Monitor file systems, storage, hardware failures, users access, & accounts, (Nagios)
• Experience with virtualization - VMware/VSphere, Vcenter
• Create documentation for the infrastructure environment
• Used FTP, WinScp, SCP to transfer files
• Checked processes on both Linux and Window Server
- Linux Systems Administrator/Security at Food and Drug Administration
- Linux Systems Administrator at Leidos - Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Linux Systems Administrator at Computer Sciences Corporation
- UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator at Trinitech Consulting Inc
6 months at this Job
- Bachelors in Information Systems - Information Systems
- Associates in Information System - Information System
• Over 4 years of strong IT experience as a System Administrator in LINUX, Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu Linux Operating System with extensive implementation and troubleshooting experience.
• Creating logical volumes, extending the file systems using LVM
• Patch Management, Package Installation/Upgrades/Removing and Kernel upgrades.
• Monitored System Activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues.
• Experience in upgrading major release version of Red Hat Enterprise 6.x to Red Hat Enterprise 7.x.
• Creating and managing User accounts, Groups, Profiles and implementing security policy.
• User Management, regular incremental backups, and regular maintenance for recovery in the Linux servers.
• Used Icinga2 as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Icinga2 Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
• Handling hardware issues and their replacements remotely
• Monitoring disk status, system processes user process activity, system security & logs.
• File System Management, Monitoring OS, and Network Activities.
• Investigated and arched issues, determine impact and provided remediation and documented (RCA) Root Cause Analysis when required.
• Developed and maintained re-use materials and server documentation for use by internal team.
• Create privatized AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and launched instances, to provide high security and accessibility to applications and databases, so that inbound and outbound network traffic is accessed restricted.
• Monitor resources and applications using AWS CloudWatch, including creating alarms to monitor metrics such as EBS, EC2, ELB, RDS, S3, SNS and configured notifications for the alarms generated based on events defined.
• Ability to work independently and take ownership of and complete relatively complex tasks, effectively using available resources, as needed, with minimal guidance.
- Linux Systems Administrator at 9-Solutions IT
- Linux Systems Administrator at VINDS Inc
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science
• Perform core administrative duties such as version upgrades, managing permissions and monitoring the platform to ensure it continually meets performance and availability requirements.
• Support user requests and day to day activities.
• Red hat Jboss EAP/Fuse/AMQ Installation and configuration.
• Red hat JBoss Fuse Installation Fuse 6.1.0 and environment configuration Apache Karaf,
• Middleware Infrastructure metrics usage like Disk throughput/CPU/Mem/pagein/pageout
• Network of Brokers Test cases
• Troubleshooting Middleware application using tread dump, broker log files and taking a heap dump
• Ensuring high availability during patching for application.
• Experience with VMware vSphere virtualization.
• Experience with packaging software for Linux/Unix systems (RPM, DEB, LPP, etc.)
• Worked with Debian 6 to 7 server upgrade
• Worked with creating Virtual Machines and third-party software installation
• Worked on migration from physical to virtual (P2V) environment.
• Tool selection and implementation to support integration with the AIX/Linux platform including Splunk and Puppet.
• Configuration management support for hardware and software leveraging best practices, software packaging, version control systems.
• Manage projects for the implementation of new solutions at client.
• Manage, maintain and support middleware software working closely with developers, third party vendors, and customers to ensure a reliable and scalable platform.
• Creating CIP AND NON-CIP tickets for change in production.
• Installation of TSM on servers.
• Worked with Jboss 6.3.3/6.4.5 installation and RPM patches and security patches and building RPMs for JBoss. Experience with JBoss application stack
• Configured and added a custom repository for the SMT (Subscription Management Tool) used for Suse Install, configure and upgrade different software on Linux machine.
• Support different application infrastructure.
• Highly skilled at troubleshooting complex server, storage, network, DNS, performance and application issues.
• Worked closely with DevOps team on deployment of instance and configuration change.
• Worked on applications like smart log and load cast application, A-MQ and fuse Jboss application.
• Assisted with puppet setup, managed and created modules for software services and configuration systems
• Worked with patching and upgrade with Suse 11, 12.
• Familiarity with GIT or Subversion version control systems
• Familiarity with Disaster Recovery Concepts.
• Knowledge of IBM, NetApp, and/or Brocade SAN and Storage platforms
• System integration experience with Siemens Spectrum based EMS systems.
• Documented the process for future reference.
• Create support ticket with vendor on different application related issue.
• Co-ordinate with different team (Web Services, Storage and Server) to resolve different issue.
• Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and standards
- Linux Systems Administrator at PJM Interconnection
- Linux Systems Administrator at Harvest Bank
- Linux Systems Administrator at
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master's Degree in Information Technology - Information Assurance