quick learner and self-motivated IT professional with strong problem-solving skills and ability to work in a team or on an individual basis. Looking for a position that utilizes my Linux Systems Administration experience in troubleshooting, installing and configuring Linux Operating systems where I can work and grow in a professional environment; where my knowledge, experience and creativity can be put to the best use.
Visiant Health 134 Turnpike Road, Southborough Massachusset, April 2018 to date (contract) Ending soon.
Linux systems Administrator
• Red hat satellite use for patching and client subscription management
• User management
• Database team storage management and access control
• Building of Template
• On call support
• Rubrik backups
• Helped in planning and implementing Cyber Arch Policies
• Monitoring using groundwork nagios
- Linux systems Administrator at Self-starter
- SUPPORT LINUX ADMINISTRATOR at FANNIE MAE HOUSING CORP
- LINUX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR III at COGITO CORP
- LINUX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR at IX-SOLUTIONS LLC
9 months at this Job
- BSC - PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
Over 1 year of strong IT experience as a System Administrator in LINUX, Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu
Linux Operating System with extensive implementation and troubleshooting experience.
➢ Creating logical volumes, extending the file systems using LVM
➢ Patch Management, Package Installation/Upgrades/Removing and Kernel upgrades.
➢ Monitored System Activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues.
➢ Experience in upgrading major release version of Red Hat Enterprise 6.x to Red Hat Enterprise 7.x.
➢ Knowledge on DNS, DHCP, NFS, LDAP, FTP, Patch management.
➢ Creating and Managing user accounts and managing system security
➢ Documenting processes, best practices and troubleshooting procedures.
➢ User Management, regular incremental backups, and regular maintenance for recovery in the Linux servers.
➢ Used Icinga2 as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Icinga2 Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
➢ Handling hardware issues and their replacements remotely
➢ Monitoring disk status, system processes, user process activity, system security & logs.
➢ File System Management, Monitoring OS, and Network Activities.
➢ Installation and up-gradation of Package and Patch Administration.
➢ Creating Users, Groups, Profiles, implementing security policy.
➢ Investigated and arched issues, determine impact and provided remediation and documented (RCA) Root Cause Analysis when required.
➢ Writing and maintained re-use materials and server documentation for use by internal team. (Technical Writing)
- Linux Systems Administrator at 9-Solutions
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science - computer science
Primary duties are to maintain new and existing Solaris 10 & RHEL 6 & 7 environments within multiple datacenters. System administration duties performed are:
• Helpdesk Tickets (Service Manger) ◦ Troubleshooting issues (i.e., networking, storage, system, etc ) ◦ Schedule changes
• System patching ◦ Solaris 10 - Recommended patch bundle and Live Upgrade ◦ RHEL 6 & 7 - Local Satellite v6 and Ansible Playbooks
• Performance tuning
• System builds ◦ Solaris - JET process ◦ RHEL - Kickstart ◦ SCAP (Security Content Automation Protocol) scans and remediation
• LDOM migration (P2P)
• Ansible Tower Administration v3.3 Solaris Administrator (Contractor) - Shocru IT Primary duties are to maintain an exiting Solaris environment along with patching and zones & LDOM (OVM for SPARC) builds. Additional duties are as follows:
• Helpdesk Tickets (ServiceDesk Plus)
• Netbackup v7/8
• Storage & storage migration (Dell Compellent - Storage Manager)
• Security (patching and permissions) - RHEL 6 & Solaris 10/11
• Performance tuning Lead Linux/UNIX Systems Engineer - DXC Serving as Linux/UNIX technical lead supporting multiple accounts. Primary duties are documentation, Solaris and Linux system administration, Tier 3 technical support, and system recovery; assisted the Storage Team in their operations/engineering activities of heterogeneous SAN environment.
• Datacenter migration: complete build-out of the datacenter and migration from old to new hardware along with P2V
• Architected SAN and backup subsystems for client production data center
• Technical oversight of design, development, and deployment of hardware and software solutions in the UNIX/Linux environment
• Provide Tier 3 technical support on Oracle Sun/Linux hardware platforms - All systems Solaris 5.10 & 11 on Physical & LDOMs and RHEL 6.x/7.x physical and virtual systems. Systems provisioned for many different configurations: Oracle ASM (RAC), VCS and CFS, and middleware applications
• Complete operational oversight over build, patching, upgrades, and monitoring as well as technology lifecycle management
• Automated provisioning via Jumpstart (JET)/Flash Archive and Kickstart
• Performance tuning of UNIX systems for optimal performance per application requirements
• Engineered, implemented, and managed SAN environment
- Solaris / Linux Systems Administrator at Shorcru IT
- Platform Architect at Wachovia
- System Engineering Consultant at Maltin Silvers
- UNIX System Administrator Senior at EDS/HP/HPE
10 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master's in Information Systems / Management - Information Systems / Management
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Information Technology Management
➢ Handle basic- to mid-level network issues with customers (example: slow internet connection troubleshooting)
➢ monitor user's activity and system performance
➢ Manage user and group administration
➢ Assists Lead Systems Administrator and higher-level Systems Administrators with configuration and management of managed services customers
➢ Perform Remote system administration
➢ Using Jenkins for continuous integration and deployment of jobs
➢ Monitor network uptime, DDOS migration, and network graph appliances
➢ Assists Datacenter Operations Technicians with troubleshooting customer hardware as needed
➢ Troubleshoots problems with Windows- and Linux-based servers
- Linux Systems Administrator at Swift staffing LLC
- Linux Systems Administrator at Savage Mills Textiles LLC
7 months at this Job
- - Information technology
Provisioning and building Linux servers both HP Physical Hardware and Virtual using VMware.
• Performing Linux systems administration on production and development servers. Red Hat Linux and CentOS and other UNIX utilities.
• Extensively working in an Enterprise level Linux environment
• Experience with clustering technologies like Oracle RAC12c.
• Experience with Application Servers (WebSphere/Weblogic).
• Assisting in NIS, NFS, NTP Configuration and Administration.
• Installing Patches and packages on Unix/Linux Servers.
• Supporting Database environments (Oracle).
• Installation and Configuration of VMware vSphere client, Virtual Server creation, allocation and server configuration
• Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity and Database Consistency Checks using different Utilities.
• Shell scripting for Linux/Unix Systems Administration and related tasks.
• Provisioning and support of Production, QA and Developers environment. Environment: Redhat Linux/Centos 4, 5, 6, Logical Volume Manager, VMware ESX 5.1/5.5, Apache and Tomcat Web Server, Oracle 11,12, Oracle Rac 12c.
- Sr.Linux systems Administrator at DELL, Inc
- Sr.LINUX Administrator at Wells Fargo
- LINUX System Administrator at Pfizer
- System Administrator at Wipro
5 years at this Job
• Performed installation and configuration of multiple Red Hat Linux Servers
• Performed daily system administration and management of servers, applications and file systems
• Performed System Analysis, logs file reviews, tracking code bugs and resolves software issues of related to networking connectivity, printer, servers, and applications to meet business needs and Monitoring with NAGIOS and SPLUNK AND Ticketing System such as NAMS-Requests, SERVICENOW-One Place.
• Performed troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common Linux system problems; documents system events to ensure continuous functioning. Recommends corrective actions and ensure implementation of actions on change request approval. F5 Load Balancer for reverse Proxy and distribution of Network or application traffic across a number of services for High scalability and Redundancy Networking skills TCP/IP, NAT, switches, Routing, VLAN's sub netting, LAN and WAN, DNS and Apache
• Performed upgrades system software and hardware components as required to meet business needs; coordinates backups. Ensures upgrades are occurring in accordance with established parameters.
• Coordinated the installation of client department specific applications and systems. Determines appropriate method for installing applications and systems; resolves matter of significance and implements corrective course of action as needed
• Performed installation, Configuration and troubleshooting Data with RCA on Storage such as BACULA, NAS, SAN, MYSQL etc.
• Installed, tested, upgraded and configured system files and services to enhance application security and operational performance. Installed, Configured and Managed HP Unix Servers, Dell power edge Severs and Troubleshooting Hardware and software
• Utilizes standard tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes. Cloud Technologies built using Citrix Solution by delivering end to end Cloud Orchestration and Management for both enterprise and Service Customers for every type of workload etc.
• Designed and implemented multiple Virtualization Infrastructures on VMware Hypervisor
• Built and configured Virtual Linux Servers using ESXi and VSphere Client
• Performed Custom installation of 200 Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Instances
• Configured, setup, and provisioned Dell PowerEdge Servers and HP enabling Virtualization
• Experience with configuring and operating Dell Remote Access Controllers
• Performed Security Administration on UNIX and Linux systems with HP and Dell Firmware upgrades. Perl scripting and shell and Bash etc. by launching the scripts in the following ways: Interactively; Once, at a future date and time; Repeated on a fixed schedule etc.
• Setup and configured Kernel Based Virtual Machines on Red Hat Enterprise Servers
• Experience with Active Directory Services, LDAP & NIS etc.
- Linux Systems Administrator at NASA/SSAI
- System Administrator at Vital Networks Group
2 years, 7 months at this Job
Currently a linux system administrator, with execellent and positive feed back from current and and past managers.By applying my experience within the areas of system administration and support of various application on Linux, and multiple server environments; installing, upgrading and configuring RedHat servers, as well as manual installations, I have been able to complete several projects and solved complex task which has techinacally improved company's output.
- Linux Systems Administrator at Swift Learn IT Solutions LLC
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bsc - Computer Science
Builds, Install, configure brand new virtual and physical servers, test, deploy Sol aris 10, RHEL 6,
RHEL 7, CentOS 6.4 servers to the network: OS installation and configuration - standard and advanced (net installation and jumpstart, Kickstart).
• Participate in root-cause analysis of recurring issues, system backup and security setup
• Support system users with troubleshooting system issues while documenting solutions for future reference
• Setup domains and active directory on a Windows 2008 server
• Configure Apache and MySQL on Solaris 10/11 and RHEL 6 & 7 for virtual and web hosting; building and hosting websites; configure web hosting company DNS settings
• Install and configure Samba for file and print sharing in a multi -platform environment.
• Configure Firewalls and SElinux on Unix and Linux systems
• Setup, configure and troubleshoot TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS in a multiplatform LAN
• Perform multiplatform volume management using LVM, ZFS volume manager ; installed and configured a LAN wide NAS (Free NAS), created LUNs and attached them to Windows 2008 servers and to Solaris 10 using iSCSi.
• Hardening and Patching of Centos, RHEL and Solaris servers. Patching in Linux using yum and in Solaris 10 using (10-Recommended patches) and upgrades (release), patching on standalone servers using (single user mode), and on production servers (live upgrade) usin g an alternate boot environment (ABE).
• Monitoring and log management on UNIX, Linux, and Windows servers, including processes, crash and swap management, and performance tuning.
• User and security management: Create and administer User accounts, manage User security, password recovery, aging and complexity.
• Use bash shell scripting, cron and at to schedule and automate command line and administrative tasks
• Virtualization (VMware EXSI 6 and KVM)
- Unix/Linux Systems Administrator at Trinitech Consulting
- INSURANCE AGENT (Part-time, weekends) at
- STUDENT TUTOR at ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
4 years at this Job
- baccalaureate in premedical studies - premedical
Nov 2014 - Present
➢ Administration of RHEL 6/7 that includes installation, testing, upgrading and updating patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual server issues.
➢ Strong understanding in TCP/IP, HTTP(APACHE), FTP, NFS, NTP and SSH
➢ Working Knowledge in firewalls (SELinux, TCP wrapper and Iptables).
➢ Creating, cloning Linux virtual Machines, templates using VMware Virtual Client 5.5.
➢ Administer user accounts and set sudo privileges.
➢ Installing Red Hat Linux using Kickstart and applying security policies for hardening the server based on company policies.
➢ Verify all necessary cron jobs are applied for smooth system automation.
➢ Administration, package installation, configuration of CentOS 6/7.
➢ Created disk partition, volume groups and Logical volume using Logical Volume Manager.
➢ Manager RPM and YUM package installations and other servers management.
➢ Creating new file systems, monitoring disk usage, checking and administration and monitoring the disk based file system.
➢ Installing, configuring Apache and provide support on both test and production environments.
➢ Kernel compilation and kernel up gradation on Linux servers.
➢ Making sure all Server are synchronized with NTP server.
➢ Familiar in LDAP client setup and administration.
➢ Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, filter packets using tools such as iptables, firewall, and TCP wrappers.
➢ Creating and Managing Users / Group accounts and setup a user's work environment.
➢ Monitoring the File System, CPU load for better system performance parameters.
➢ Monitoring system performance, adding/ removing/ administering hosts, users, disks.
➢ Performed the configuration and administration HTTP Server.
➢ Working closely with developers making sure all necessary applications are installed and running properly.
➢ Building and administering Red Hat Satellite 6
➢ Working with JIRA and Confluence
➢ Big data administration with Hadoop, and SPLUNK
➢ Deploying applications with Chef.
- Linux Systems Administrator at NCR Government Systems LLC
- Linux Systems Administrator at Flex Networks
- Desktop Support Specialist at NW. MD
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
• Supporting system users and troubleshooting system issues. Solutions are documented for future reference
• Maintaining system accounts, logs and systems error logs
• Responsible for ticketing systems, assigning Sudo privileges and Systems Security Administration
• Installing and maintaining the operating system and related software products
• Utilizing Kickstart for systems builds/recovery
• Configuring NFS, DHCP and DNS on servers
• Installed and configured FTP including Samba servers
• Configuring APACHE Server with JAVA Application tools on Red Hat environment
• Performed day-to-day operational maintenance, support and upgrades for Linux operating systems, workstations and servers.
• Basic BASH shell scripting knowledge; experience in scripting to automate system administration functions
• Configured volume groups and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands
• Responsible for network and interface configurations
• Working with and managing automatic NFS-share of directories including auto-fs
• Maintaining Linux servers, evaluating needs and installed appropriate recommended patches as needed
• Participating in root-cause analysis of reoccurring issues, system backup and security setup; Provided 24X7 support in Production and Development environments.
- Linux Systems Administrator at Timeless Solutions Inc.
- Linux Systems Administrator at Information International Associates
- Jr. Linux System Administrator at Webster's Wealth Management Solutions, Inc.
2 years at this Job
- B.S. - Accounting & Financial Planning (minor in Computer Science)