I'm responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing a comprehensive school- wide literacy program which facilitates learning; for modeling of best practices lessons which use literacy-based learning strategies; for coaching teachers in all curriculum areas on how to enhance students' literacy skills. I started the school year off as an intermediate coach (grades 3-5); I was presented with coaching all grade levels in November. Using what I learned from the Standards Institute and ANET coaches, my teachers and scholars have made tremendous growth in ELA. Teachers are providing all students with grade level texts. Students who struggled with reading at the beginning of the school year, are now able to access and read grade level text. My teachers have embraced the ELA shifts and we are now seeing the fruits of our labor. I'm extremely proud of the work I've accomplished this year in grades 3-5.
- Literacy Coach at Pinellas County Schools
- Third Grade Teacher at Pinellas County Schools
- First Grade Teacher at Pinellas County Schools
8 months at this Job
- Master's - Reading Education
- Bachelor's - Elementary Education
- High school
• Serve as a K-8 literacy coach overseeing the implementation of reading and writing instruction in all classrooms
• Conduct weekly classroom observations and provide feedback directly to teachers implementing both the Lucy Calkins and Fountas & Pinelle balanced literacy programs.
• Design and facilitate weekly literacy-based discussions & workshops
• Designed and implemented a monthly running record/BAS online tracking tool
• Mange data collection on the Fountas & Pinelle BAS and the PALS program
• Model for and coach teachers on effective literacy strategies, data analysis, small group and guided reading instruction
• Provide direct intervention services for struggling students in grades K-4
• Designed and conducted three literacy workshops for parents on the importance of reading, sight words, and comprehension
• Serve as a member of the Instructional Support Teacher
- Literacy Coach K-8 at Saltonstall Elementary School
- Adjunct Early Childhood Professor at Amslee Institute
5 months at this Job
- MASTER'S DEGREE - Elementary Education
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - Early Childhood and Development
• Coordinate and provide Professional Development as a Literacy Coach
• Coach developing professionals and students from a variety of disciplines in the area of instructional strategies, academic planning and student success
• Provide ongoing systematic and strategic planning sessions for Instructional Professionals based on student needs and data.
• Spearhead the Literacy Leadership Team at the school site, fostering a culture of literacy schoolwide
• Create and monitor the School Improvement Plan ensuring that instructional practices were in compliance with the state and district
• Create reports and presentation for school, district and state educational leadership based on data and developed needs assessments
- Curriculum Coordinator & Literacy Coach at Florida International Academy
- Literacy Coach at Florida International Academy
- Literacy Coach & Dual Enrollment Professor at Miami Edison Senior High
- English Language Arts Teacher at Imagine Schools
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Human Services
- Master of Science - Florida
- Bachelor of Arts
In my current position at Richfield Public School Academy, I actually fulfill two roles. I am the Reading Intervention Specialist for 1st graders identified as the bottom 30% in reading. In this role, I teach groups of 4 to 5 students for 30 minutes each all day. During each reading group, they are instructed in fluency, word work (which is focused on each groups identified needs either phonological awareness or phonics based), sight words, utilizing strategies to read new text, and comprehension strategies before, during, and after reading to deepen understandings. In my second role, I am the kindergarten through second grade Literacy Coach. In this role, I work directly with classroom teachers before, during, and after school on increasing their effectiveness in literacy practices. I do this through observation, modeling, discussions, and by leading training sessions. Incorporating the Michigan Essential Literacy Practices is my main focus as a coach, but I also provide support in any area an individual teacher requests help. I also work directly with a Literacy Coach through the Genesee County ISD to increase my effectiveness as a coach.
- Reading Intervention Specialist/Literacy Coach at Richfield Public School Academy
- Teacher at Saginaw Township Community Schools
- Lead Teacher at NEMCSA
- Teacher at Alamance Burlington School System
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's of Science - Elementary/Early Childhood Education
* Coach teachers in Tier 1 instruction through a Balanced Literacy Approach * Track and analyze data collaboratively with teachers and teams to target intervention strategies through the RTI process * Create and maintain school-wide Book Room * Provide ongoing professional development * Provide individualized and small-group differentiated instruction that is integrated across the curriculum * Implement explicit integration of systematic research-based philosophies and models including Linda Dorn, Fountas and Pinnell, Lucy Calkins, Tim Rasinski, Pat Johnson, and Marie Clay * Experienced in developing lessons that align with the Common Core * Assess student performance using multiple methods * Effectively communicate with administrators, teachers, parents, and students * Engage enthusiastically as a team participant * Provide strong, confident leadership * Create a positive team/work environment * Set personal, teacher, and student goals and work diligently to achieve * Trained classroom and special education teachers * Problem-solved with administrators, teachers, parents, students * Maintained confidential records and files * Lead and participate in team meetings *Marzano Trained in Proficiency Based Education
- Literacy Coach at Williams-Cone School
- Literacy Coach at Lisbon Community School
- Owner at Learning in Motion
- Reading Specialist at Lee County Schools
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master - Education
- Bachelor of Science - Child Development/Family Relations
- CAS - Literacy Education
Learning Assistance Program, Battle Ground School District Laurin Middle School and Daybreak Primary School, Taught literacy and learning strategies for individual students and small groups of at-risk and high-need students Applied a variety of learning strategies to help struggling students in a classroom setting Utilized knowledge of learning styles, brain development and social supports to maximize student learning Planned, prepared and implemented lesson plans with a variety of learning materials to meet student need Monitored and recorded student progress
- Literacy Coach at Battle Ground School District
- Art Instructor/Event Provider at KidzArt of Vancouver
- Service-Learning Coach at
- Instructor & Event Provider at Mad Science of Portland & Vancouver
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Management and Communication - communications and management
- Associate of Arts degree
Literacy specialist Teacher Educator Data analysis Mentor Behavior specialist Content developer Trainer Learning facilitator Planning
- Literacy coach at Hillsborough County Public Schools
7 years, 3 months at this Job
Responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing a comprehensive schoolwide literacy program, which facilitates learning. Modeling best practices lessons, which utilizing literacy-based learning strategies. Coaching and collaborating with teachers in all curriculum areas on how to enhance students' writing and literacy skills within their environment. Identifying staff development needs of the school and providing staff development related to literacy as part of the problem solving process. Instrumental in working with school and community groups to help all students reach their highest potential.
- Literacy Coach at Shiloh Middle School
- 8th grade Gifted Language Arts Team Lead - Present at Teachers as Leaders (T.A.L)
- Literacy Coach at Teachers as Leaders (T.A.L)
- at International Baccalaureate Council
1 year at this Job
- Education Specialist in Curriculum and Instruction - Curriculum and Instruction
- Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction - Curriculum and Instruction
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education - Elementary Education
• Provide support to teachers through classroom observations, coaching, and modeling.
• Support teachers in the use of data to inform instruction.
• Conduct professional development with a focus on balanced literacy.
• Administer the BURST intervention to students in grades K-2.
• Implemented an intervention program for struggling readers.
• Responsible for implementing school wide literacy initiatives including Read Men Read, Scholastic Book Fair and Family Reading Night.
• Assist with testing initiatives for grades K-8 including Dibels and NWEA.
• Led an after school "Book Club" program for 4th and 5th grade students.
• Serve as a member of the Instructional Leadership Team.
- Literacy Coach at Mollison Elementary School
- Elementary Teacher at Jordan Community School
- Literacy Coach at
- Lead Literacy Teacher at Jordan Community School
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership - Educational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Elementary Education - Elementary Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Arts - Liberal Arts
• Assist Head start teacher in daily classroom activities
• Conduct early literacy activities such as storytelling, reading books with children, teaching letters, numbers
• Assist with children on field trips and outings
• Participate in assigned meetings with team leaders
• Complete evaluation, action plans and other written work as assigned
• Complete other duties as assigned
- Literacy Coach at SGA youth and family service
- Custodian Supervisor at Harvard maintenance
- Custodian/Janitor at ALPHA building Maintenance Service Custodian
3 years at this Job
- High school or equivalent
- High school - Diploma