Literacy Intervention Specialist (RtI) - Grades 6 - 8
● Class Advisor/Teacher Mentor
● RTI Implementation Team Member
- Literacy Specialist at Maranacook Community Middle School
- Special Services Teacher at Monmouth Middle School
- Resource Room Teacher/Supervisor at Direct Intervention Instruction/Co
- Consultant at Muskie School of Public Service
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- C.A.G.S. - Strategies for Developing Critical Thinking
Provide targeted O-G literacy intervention to students with dyslexia
- Orton Gillingham Literacy Specialist at Green River Literacy
- Consultant and Facilitator at The Living School
- Teaching Artist at KidSmART
- Literacy Coach and Consultant at Hawthorne Valley Waldorf School
3 years at this Job
- B.A. in American Studies - Level 1 Teaching Certification
- - Urban Education
• Utilized Excel capabilities to identify trends in class performance via data analysis.
• Effectively adapted and maintained consistent flexibility during an impromptu role transition from Literacy Specialist to 3rd Grade Classroom Teacher.
• Successfully developed an alternate reading program for students to achieve a 40% increase in passing scores for the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness.
• Managed diverse learning and planning activities such as lesson creation, intervention documentation, special education accommodation and documentation, and community meetings.
• Created diversified lessons that integrate a range of different learning styles to address individual students needs such as: whole group plans, guided reading plans, intervention plans, and literature circle plans.
• Presented student performance metrics to district wide stake holders and the District Supervisor in order to identify opportunities for student growth and development.
• Collaborated regularly with students, parents and other faculty to address performance gaps in student progress.
• Led students through a variety exercises for skills development including: grammar, vocabulary, corrective reading, comprehension, speaking and listening skills.
• Engaged students in project based learning to solidify retention of content.
• Managed curriculum to align with district, state, and federal guidelines.
- Literacy Specialist/Teacher, ELA at Houston Independent School District
- Training Specialist III/ Parole Officer at Texas Department of Criminal Justice
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Certificate - Human Resource Management
- Bachelors of Art in Sociology - Criminal Justice
Elizabeth NJ & Kearny NJ
Grades: Kindergarten - 3rd grade, classroom settings and self-contained classrooms
Early Literacy Specialist/Instructional Coach/Professional Development Provider
• Implement the Content Focused Coaching model to support ongoing development of teachers ELA practice
• Observe and inventory teacher instruction to create research based lessons that will improve literacy
• Plan and analyze lessons/units based on student data that supports the focus and rigor of State Standards
• Empower teachers to make educationally sound decisions that best meet the needs of all students
• Facilitate learning practices in large and small group meeting areas based upon Classroom Culture, Guided reading and Reading Workshop models
- Early Literacy Specialist/Instructional Coach/Professional Development Provider at Children's Literacy Initiative (CLI)
- Elementary School Teacher at Schenectady City School District
- Administrative Resident at Schenectady City School District
- Reading First Coach at Schenectady City School District
2 years at this Job
- MS Degree in Reading and Literacy - Reading and Literacy
- BS Degree in Elementary Education - Elementary Education
I work with K-3 teachers. As a literacy coach, I work with teachers in a collaborative effort, to improve the reading and writing skills of students.
- Early Literacy Specialist at Children's Literacy Intiative
- Literacy Specialist, Reading Recovery Teacher Leader, classroom teacher at Champaign School District
- Second Grade Classroom Teacher at Champaign Community Unit School District
- RtI Literacy Specialist at Champaign CUSD #4
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Master's - Leadership
- M.S. - Reading Education
- - Elementary Education
I provided individual and small group mentoring to English and Social Studies teachers on literacy instruction, class management and professional development.
- Literacy Specialist at Universal Companies
- Read 180 Teacher at School District of Philadelphia
- Literacy Coach at School District of Philadelphia
- Literacy Specialist at
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master's - Reading Specialist
Delivered literacy based professional learning to district partners across the region. Facilitated professional learning using adult learning methodologies to support best practices in Guided Reading and writing instruction. Delivered professional learning and coached classroom teachers and coaches on balanced literacy practices and instructional strategies. Supported classroom teachers in building content knowledge and understanding their role in the implementation process. Provided feedback as part of the coaching cycle to pinpoint areas of progress as well as development opportunities.
- Literacy Specialist at Scholastic Inc
- Literacy Coach at Perez Elementary School
- Interventionist at Perez Elementary School
- 3rd grade ESL Teacher at Perez Elementary School
1 year at this Job
- Master of Arts
- Masters - Elementary Education
Reading coach (training, consulting, and PD for teachers), Reading Interventionist (diagnosis & remediation of struggling readers). In addition, I was responsible for placement testing for new students; choosing curriculum, assessments, and data recording systems and training faculty on each; development and implementation of school-wide reading incentives and family events to engage parents in students’ literacy development; administering state required assessments; and writing an annual reading plan to the state department of education
- Literacy Specialist at Lowcountry leadership charter school
2 months at this Job
- Master's - Reading/Literacy Education
• Supports Language Arts expectations and practices consistent with Newton's benchmarks and curriculum
• Provide direct support to struggling students and collaborate with Special Education and ELL
• Support new teachers or new-to-grade teachers with curriculum and planning
• Analyze data with individual teachers and grade level teams to inform instruction and intervention needs
• Participate in weekly meets with the Principal, Academic team, and grade level teams to monitor progress towards student achievement
• Develop and implement school based and district wide Professional Development
• Supervise Literacy Aides working in the primary grades
• Order and distribute resources and materials to teachers
• Provide coaching in classrooms, debrief and support reflective teaching practice
• Supervise student from MGH-IHP for reading certification program
- Literacy Specialist at Newton Public Schools
- Reading Specialist at Watertown Public Schools
- Principal Intern at Watertown Public Schools
- Speech and Language Pathologist at Watertown Public Schools
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- Certificate of Advanced Graduate - Educational Leadership and Management
- Master of Science - Communication Science Disorders
- Bachelor of Science - Therapeutic Recreation
Work with all K-3 classroom teachers in providing content focused coaching ❖ Weekly coaching sessions with each teacher ❖ Model and co-teach best practices in literacy instruction
- EARLY LITERACY SPECIALIST at CHILDREN'S LITERACY INITIATIVE
- TEACHER at FREDERICK DOUGLASS MASTERY CHARTER SCHOOL
- TEACHER at MEMPHIS SCHOLARS FLORIDA KANSAS
- TEACHER at YOUNG SCHOLARS FREDERICK DOUGLASS
5 months at this Job