• Responsible for curriculum development, professional development, and teacher My greatest strengths are my ability feedback. to collaborate, think critically, extrapolate complex concepts, DENVER PUBLIC SCHOOLS McAuliffe International School evaluate and integrate information, IB Language & Literature Teacher Denver August 2014 - June 2016 th and apply learning to personal and Taught 8 grade in high-performing middle school focused on global inquiry and academic professional goals. excellence.
• Collaborated to develop rigorous standards based curriculum.
• Supported students of color with relevant small group literature circles.
- IB Language & Literature Teacher at DENVER PUBLIC SCHOOLS McAuliffe International School
- Elementary Teacher at DENVER PUBLIC SCHOOLS Hallett Fundamental Academy
- at International Honor Society
- at National Society of Collegiate Scholars
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- M.A. - Curriculum & Instruction
- B.A. - Philosophy & Psychology
- DOCTORAL - DOCTORAL & UNDERGRADUATE OPPORTUNITIES
Teacher of Middle School Chinese Language and Literature Class, Grade 8 to 9
- Chinese Language and Literature Teacher at AIDI International School
- Mandarin Teacher at IES ANTONIO MACHADO Public Middle School
- Organizer and Supervisor of After School Activities at Zhongguancun First Primary School
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Education in Teaching Chinese - Teaching Chinese
• Successfully created, developed, and implemented current English IV curriculum.
• Utilized multimedia resources and real-world examples to engage students in active learning and citizenship.
• Effectively taught English by incorporating different methods including trivia games, vocabulary bees, and brain drills.
• Prepared students for Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), American College Test (ACT), and Florida Standards Assessment (FSA).
• Integrated technology to engage learners including the use of Promethean/Smart Boards, PowerPoint, Edmodo.com, and Prezi.
• Implemented modifications, using multiple teaching strategies for learners from diverse backgrounds, including English Language Learners (ELL), students with Individualized Education Programs (IEP) and gifted learners.
• Created clear objectives and sustained a level of discipline for emphasizing both respect and work ethic to improve student success in the classroom.
• Conducted parent-teacher conferences based on academic and behavioral needs.
• Engaged and productively managed class size of thirty-five students with professionalism and creativity.
• Counseled and aided students in the process of college applications, essays, and requests for financial aid.
• Demonstrated commitment to ~~~~~~~~~ learning through active participation in professional development opportunities, staff, and departmental meetings.
• Utilized ongoing formal and informal assessments to measure effectiveness of teaching, optimize student learning, and adapt instruction when needed.
• Experienced hands-on creating, developing, and presenting of comprehensive lesson plans and curriculum development for various grade levels in alignment with state and national standards.
• Built rapport with students through academic and personal mentorship.
- English Literature Teacher at American College Test
- Designated chaperone at World Symphony entitled
- Teacher at Breakthrough Miami, Ransom Everglades Middle School
- Distinguished Chair, Department of Management at Dr. Yadong Luo
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master of English Literature - English Literature
- Bachelor of Arts in English - Creative Writing
As an AP teacher, for both , Spanish and Literature , I have to write and teach the curriculum, along with preparing students to score high on the AP test and get college credits.
- AP Spanish and AP Latin Literature teacher at KIPP Austin Brave High School
- Spanish debate coach at Roosevelt High School
- Spanish Immersion and World Language Spanish teacher at Roosevelt High School
- Día de los muertos school festival host at Roosevelt High School
1 year at this Job
- Master's degree in Education - Education
- Bachelors in Communication - Communications
Teach fundamental grammar, writing styles, literature analysis at an accelerated, back to basics school Plan, develop and teach professional development at school and district levels Serve as Title 1 tutor for 8th Grade Literature students Work with administrative team to develop Professional Development to improve current writing program Started and sponsored Student Council (7 years) and National Junior Honor Society (2 years) Developed and executed community involvement activities and fund-raisers- Octoberfest Craft Fair, Spring Fling
- Junior High English/Literature Teacher at Engagement No
- 5th & 6th grade at Roadrunner Elementary School
- Junior High Department Lead Teacher at Engagement No
- Creative Memories Consultant at
7 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's of Education - Education Leadership
- MUSD - Professional Development Coursework
- - German Campus
- B.A. - English Education
- - Elementary Education
Aside from the prescribed duties of teaching IB Literature, I also instructed an introductory rhetoric course within the literature curriculum. The decision to do so was based on students' rights to access and was geared towards earning credit on the College Board AP exam. Eighty-five percent of students scored a 2 or higher and a total of 15 percent earned college credit with a score of 3 or higher.
- IB Literature Teacher at IDEA Public Schools
- Communications Officer at UTRGV Police Department
- Grant Writer at Port Isabel Police Department
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master's - English Rhetoric, Composition, and Literacy Studies
- Bachelor's - BA English Studies
Taught 9th grade English Advanced
● Taught 11th Grade English Advanced
● Taught 9th Grade Concepts (Single Gender and Co-ed)
● Taught 10th, 11, 12, and World Literature Honors
- English Literature Teacher at CCHS/Colleton County Schools
- Curriculum and Materials Advisor at Colleton County High School
- Tutor at Wired Minds Tutoring
- at GCSD/Riverside High School
4 months at this Job
- B.A. - English
Taught Russian Language and Literature classes to students of varying ages and learning
• Planned lessons and classes in detail incorporating several techniques and strategies to suit different learning styles and capabilities.
• Organized activities and events that included hands on projects and field trips.
• Measured student progress and administered test and evaluations.
• Met with parents and gave feedback about students' progress and challenges.
• Used the capabilities of the Internet and popular applications for various communication with students and parents in the classroom and during of out-of-class time (for example: Vimeo, YouTube for a demonstration of films, videos, presentations; Instagram, Viber and another messengers to discuss and resolve various issues, to interchange emotions and thoughts, photos and videos; IMovie to create your own videos of different artistic and scientific orientation; VSCO, Snapsead, Afterlight, Darkroom for the development of visual muscle and self-expression through colors and shapes; and much more).
- Russian Language and Literature Teacher at Borovliany High School
- Daycare Teacher at Daycare Center
- Waitress at Chillout Restaurant
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor's degree in Russian Language and Literature - Russian Language and Literature
English I and English IV, Grades 9 & 12 (Harnett Central High)
• Created and taught regular and differentiated lessons using the North Carolina Common Core Language Arts Standards.
• Utilized the SOAPSTone strategy to improve and develop students' comprehension, analytical and writing skills.
• Co-taught English IV with the EC Specialist to facilitate INCLUSION of EC students in the Regular Education class.
• Utilized web 2.0 (Google Classroom) tools in the delivery of English Language Arts content.
• Participated in IEP meetings as a Regular Education teacher. English and Literature Teacher, Grades 7-12 (Guyana & The Bahamas)
• Created and taught English and Literature lessons aligned with the Caribbean Examination Council (CXC), Bahamas General Certificate of Secondary Education (BGCSE) and Bahamas Junior Certificate (BJC) Language Arts and Literature standards.
• Prepared, administered, and did initial marking of standards-based BGCSE and BJC Literature Course Work.
• Prepared End of Year English and Literature exams along with Answer Keys for grades 7-12 (Moore’s Island All-Age).
• Edited students’ entries for Laws of Life and other major speech contests.
• Coordinated the school’s News Paper project – Moore’s Island All-Age.
• Worked on the 2013 graduation committee including co-chairing the graduation program.
• Coordinated and spare headed the activities for the Class of 2015 including the Baccalaureate Service, the Commencement Exercise, Post-Graduation dinner and fund raising activities to offset students’ gift to the school. Head of English Department (Guyana)
• Conducted weekly departmental meetings and professional development sessions.
• Checked teachers’ lesson plans, weekly forecasts and termly forecasts to ensure they are aligned with the English and Literature curriculum.
• Conducted formal and informal observations of teachers and provide them with timely feedback.
• Analyzed and critiqued, where necessary, teacher made exams to ensure they include the wide range of questions purported by bloom’s taxonomy.
• Did random sampling of scripts marked by each teacher to determine and maintain equity of marking across grade levels and within subjects.
• Created vertical alignment within the English and Literature program and strategically assigned classes to teachers based on their strengths.
• Represented the English department at the Senior-Staff Meetings. Significant Accomplishments
• Achieved 83% pass in the Fall 2018 English IV NCFE examination.
• Sought after and trained to mark the BGCSE Literature Examination (2006-2011).
• Co-coached the National Debate Team that emerged as the 2011/2012 champions.
• Single-handedly taught the BGCSE Literature program (a 3-years program) in 1 year; and received an A-C pass rate of 83% in my first year at Moore’s Island All-Age School.
• Single-handedly coordinated the BJC Literature program the very first year it was offered, prepared and entered Every 9th Grade student for this exam and achieved an A-C pass rate of 67% and an overall A-D pass rate of 87% while at the Moore’s Island All-Age School.
• Captured 3rd and 7th place winners in the Junior Division of the 2015 Laws of Life Essay Competition titled: “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” Received monetary award in the category “Family Island teacher with 2 or more winners” and the Moore’s Island All-Age school also received monetary award for having two or more winners in the junior division. Professional Development USA
• Currently completing Components 1 and 4 of the National Board Certification process.
• English Department School Improvement Team(SIT) representative, 2018/2019.
• Received Google Classroom (2016), CANVAS (2017,2018); Co-Teaching (2018) training.
• English IV PLC leader 2017/2018 academic year.
• Google Classroom Facilitator, 2017
• Completed the AP English and Literature Certification, Fayetteville State University, 2017 International
• Annual Curriculum Planning & Implementation for Language Arts teachers – The Bahamas.
• BJC Literature implementation training – The Bahamas.
• Annual BGCSE Literature Marker training.
• Annual English/ Language Arts Markers training for the National Third Form Examination (NTFE) sponsored by Secondary School Reform Project (SSRP) and National Center for Educational Resource Development (NCERD), Guyana.
• Trained to mark the Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) English A: Paper 1, pictorial essay response question.
- English and Literature Teacher (Grades 7-12), Head of Department (English) at Harnett Central High School
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Adult And Continuing Education
- Bachelor's - English
- Associate - Secondary School Teacher - English Major
• Supported school culture through consistent implementation of the school's merit system.
• Initiated, facilitated, and moderated classroom discussions.
• Prepared course materials such as homework assignments, classwork, and assessments.
• Evaluated and graded students' class work, assignments, and papers.
• Communicated regularly with students' families about their progress.
- World Literature Teacher at ACHIEVEMENT FIRST AMISTAD HIGH SCHOOL
- Teacher in Residence at
- Classroom Instructor and Individual Tutor at KAPLAN PRE-COLLEGE, Westchester County
2 years at this Job
- B.A. - English and French