As a litigation assistant, I help prepare documents to be reviewed by attorneys and used in litigation proceedings, as well as other secretarial duties necessary. I am the head of calendar management, which entails managing hearing dates, providing the necessary files to the attorneys, as well as engaging with the courts, arbitrators, and appearance counsel.
- Litigation Assistant at Zwicker & Associates, P.C.
- Sales Manager at Luxottica
- Management Team Member at Teavana
- Floor Manager/Social Media Manager at Lush Cosmetics
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's of Arts - Literature
- Associate of Arts - Women & Gender Studies
• Litigation assistant to attorneys Krista Cotter Ranta and John Whitty
• Prepare complaints and affidavits for litigation
• Run military checks on individuals prior to litigation and judgments via SCRA website
• Update database with case information
• Maintain strict FDCPA and UDAAP adherence
• Process documents once returned from both defendants and courts
• Prepare default judgments to be sent to court
• Prepare release of lien documents, satisfaction of judgments, and dismissals once account is closed
• E-file documents with courts to their specifications via TrueFiling
• Discuss litigation information with authorized persons via phone or email
• Maintain organized files and storage
• Process mail daily
• Assist in other aspects of the firm when needed
- LITIGATION ASSISTANT at ZWICKER & ASSOCIATES, P.C
- Sales at ASK SERVICES, INC
- TEAM MEMBER at ASK SERVICES, INC
- GRADUATE ASSISTANT at EASTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY
9 months at this Job
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE - Criminology
- ASSOCIATES DEGREE - Criminology
Legal assistant to busy partner specializing in commercial litigation and probate litigation. Responsibilities included drafting/filing pleadings as well as correspondence, scheduling motion hearings, depositions and client meetings. Tremendous amount of client interaction.
- Litigation Assistant at Mrachek Law
- Legal/Executive Assistant at Sloane and Walsh, LLP
6 months at this Job
LAW OFFICE OF ROEL SAENZ, JR. - PHYCICAL INJURY & FAMILY LAW Litigation Paralegal, Sullivan City, Texas Prepare documents, POP, Notices, Motions, Calendar dates for Depositions and Mediations, Setting Trial dates/DCCs, Scheduling Orders, filing, fax, correspondence, E- filing, preparation of mediation packages, Multi-phone lines, greeting and consulting clients. - LAW OFFICE OF ROBERTO JACKSON, JR. - FAMILY, CR. AND PI LAW Legal Secretary, Mission, Texas Process of legal documents and preparation, motions demand letters for PI cases, OPD, DD for family law, court filing, Scheduling appointments, greeting and consulting clients for discovery and interrogatories. Office management. - LAW OFFICE OF JOSE GUERRERO - IMMIGRATION LAW Legal Assistant/ Field Representative, Harlingen, Texas Traveling to Immigration and Federal Facilities, interview clients, translating documents and verbally assisting the attorney, I-864, I-589, G-28 NTA, EOIR. Asylum, multi-phone lines. Greet clients. - OSAGIEDE LAW FIRM- IMMGRATION & CRIMINAL LAW Legal assistant/ Field Representative, McAllen/Houston, Texas Traveling to Immigration and Federal Facilities, interview clients, translating documents and verbally assisting the attorney immigration questionnaire, I-864, I- 589, G-28 NTA, EOIR. Asylum, multi-phone lines. Greet clients. - LITTLE JOYFUL HEARTS CHILD DAYCARE Director/Caregiver, Sullivan City, Texas Support Children's emotional and Social development, gain positive self-concept in the child, prepare agenda and an Educational Curriculum. Record keeping, maintenance of a clean environment indoors and outdoors, kitchen, bathrooms, laundry-room, sanitize all areas. Prepare three nutritional meals and snacks. - CONAGRA COMPANY- INDUSTRIAL FOOD INC. Machine Operator/ Sanitation Helper, Gilroy, California Operate two proctor machines in the Dehydration Department, ability and responsibility to maintain the level temperature through a computerize system for the product c dehydrate properly into mill dept. make daily reports, check coils, change blades slicer, clean and sanitize area using a pressure with and foaming chlorine.
- Litigation Assistant at Law office of Roel Garcia
7 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
- - Computer Business Applications
San Francisco, CA * Supported 4 Contract Insurance Attorneys * Filed PDF documents from incoming Outlook emails using Filesite database * Handled travel arrangements, and managed office of senior Attorney Contract Civil Litigation Assistant 10/2018-12/2018 PETERSEN-DEAN, INC., Fremont, CA * Handled construction defect, Torts & Civil litigation cases * Legal Document and Tech Control Specialist; Created legal pleadings from templates * Provided Legal support for 2 attorneys and office Manager in Construction Defect Civil Litigation matters * Court calendaring with Outlook; Use of CourtCall, File&ServeXpress, Nationwideasap & Document Depository * E-Service regulation and management; Legal Calendaring & Processing Court Deadlines * Prepared Answers, CMS, and court forms; Responded to Complaints & Discovery Pleadings; Created TOA's & TOC's * Handled and Processed all incoming mail; Communication with paralegals and case managers on all pretrial matters
- Contract Civil Litigation Assistant at CLYDE & CO. Legal Insurance
- Contract Multi-Media Editor (short term project) at ALLIEDPRA
- Contract Assistant Recruiter at CORNERSTONE RESEARCH
- Contract Compliance Assistant at Firm Recruiters
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Communications-Journalism
Present: 3521 Whipple Avenue N.W., Canton, Ohio 44718
Docket Paralegal/Sr. Litigation Assistant
• Open files (conflict check, assign file numbers, docket deadlines, input billing and file information, correspondence to clients and insureds).
• Docket all dates and deadlines obtained from court.
• Maintain attorney calendars, schedule depositions and meetings, maintain electronic and paper filing systems.
• Type dictation (correspondence, pleadings, memos, etc.).
• Create drafts of pleadings and correspondence for review.
• Train new assistants and oversee their work.
• Relief receptionist (answer seven-line telephone system).
• Filing and file maintenance, scanning.
• Internet research.
- Docket Paralegal/Sr. Litigation Assistant at Fischer, Evans & Robbins, Ltd
- Legal Secretary, Civil Division at Summit County Prosecutor's Office
- Free-lance Court Stenographer at Subcontractor
1 month at this Job
- Associate - Court Reporting
Responsibilities Assist with litigation research and development to include extensive investigation into cases and respective medical/individual records. Skills Used Effective time management, excellent interpersonal skills, keen attention-to-detail, task-oriented, fast learning curve
- Litigation Assistant at Levin Papantonio Law Firm
- Graduate/Research Assistant at University of West Florida
- Inter-reliability Analysis Assistant at University of West Florida _ Center for University Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Barista at Starbucks, Inc.
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- M.A. - Political Science
- Bachelors of Arts - International Studies- Security and Diplomacy
• Conserves attorneys time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications; organizing client conferences, and attorney meetings; scheduling couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and other special functions; coordinating preparation of charts, graphs, and other courtroom visuals; preparing expense reports.
• Maintains attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, depositions, and travel; recording and monitoring court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements; monitoring evidence-gathering; anticipating changes in litigation or transaction preparation requirements.
• Represents attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney.
• Generates revenues by documenting and inputting attorney billable time and reimbursable expenses; preparing invoices; tracking payments.
• Maintains client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential.
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
• Assisted staff counsel in all aspects of litigation management including factual investigation, document preparation, trial preparation and support.
• Medical lien negotiation and management for approximately 125 active cases per month.
• Assist with trial preparation: manage trial exhibits, prepare trial notebooks, maintain expert binders and communicate with experts and fact witnesses.
• Active knowledge and use of Judicial Council Forms including but not limited to Request for Dismissal; Notice of Settlement; Memorandum of Costs and Minor(s) Compromise. Office Manager
• Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
• Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
• Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
• Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
• Welcomes guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
• Personal assistant and coordinator to (3) three staff attorneys.
- Litigation Assistant/Office Manager at OLAN LAW CORPORATION
- Administrative Assistant at VBS, INC
- Administrative Assistant at VBS, INC
- Administrative Assistant Development/Events Coordinator at Olive Crest Homes & Services
8 years, 9 months at this Job
medical malpractice, personal injury medical expense exhibit assistant (part-time) June, 2000 - Sept. 2012 Stay-at-home parent
- Litigation Assistant at Young, Conaway, Stargatt & Taylor, LLP
- Litigation Paralegal at Potter, Anderson & Corroon, LLP
- Litigation Paralegal at Duane, Morris & Heckscher, LLP
- Litigation Paralegal at Young, Conaway, Stargatt & Taylor, LLP
6 years, 3 months at this Job
- Certificate - Paralegal
- - Business Education
- - Teacher Education
- BS Business Teacher Education
-Write & File Petitions -Request, File & Serve Citations -Discovery -DWQs Part-Time -Create & Maintain Procedures -Set up new client files Legal Assistant -Read Medical Records and Create Demand Letters -Maintain Client Medical Records & Treatment Status -Order Office Supplies -Pay Office Bills -Answer Multi Line Phone -Property Damage -Balance & Reduction Requests -Letters Of Protections -Liens -Distribution Statements -File -Scan/Fax/Mail -Medical Records Requests -PIP & PIP Demands -Social Security Cases -Close Settled Cases
- Litigation Assistant at Hensley Law Firm
- Medical Coordinator at Mentis Neuro Health
- Processor at Velocity Credit Union
- Customer service at HEB
9 months at this Job
- High School Diploma