Litigation associate handling commercial litigation; white collar criminal and civil litigation, including substantial amount of civil False Claims Act litigation; and products liability and toxic tort litigation. Represent manufacturers, distributors, merchants, and universities in complex litigation in state and federal court. Responsibilities include drafting and arguing motions and pleadings, drafting factual and legal research memoranda, interviewing fact and expert witnesses, taking and defending depositions, and trial work.
- Litigation Associate at Montgomery McCracken Walker & Rhoads
- Certified Legal Intern at Philadelphia Law Department
- Certified Legal Intern at Philadelphia District Attorney's Office
- Law Clerk at Boonswang Law Firm
3 years at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Law
- Bachelor of Science - History
• Drafted pleadings, discovery requests, memoranda of law, and legal research memoranda concerning fraud, contract, evidentiary, corporate governance, and jurisdictional issues.
• Managed junior associates and paralegals involved in discovery and trial preparation.
• Developed litigation strategy. Representative Matters:
• As sole associate on disputed letter of intent case representing prevailing party, reviewed documents, aided in witness and trial preparation, and third-chaired arbitral hearing in Madrid. Ultimately obtained arbitral award in client's favor exceeding $150 million.
• Teamed with Lawyers for Children on pro bono matter involving unlawful shackling of children in family court.
- Litigation Associate at Dickstein Shapiro
- Extern at Legal Aid Society
- Legal Intern at American Civil Liberties Union of Pennsylvania
- Law Programme Intern at Global Campaign for Free Expression
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- J.D. - International Human Rights Fellowship
- M.A. - Journalism
- B.A. - Journalism
Litigate complex wage and hour, consumer fraud, fiduciary liability and products liability matters. Draft initial pleadings, motions, and briefs for all stages of litigation. Conduct legal research and prepare memoranda of findings. Appear before state and federal courts for conferences, hearings, mediations and oral argument. Handle all aspects of depositions, including interviewing witnesses, preparing clients, and conducting and defending depositions. Prepare discovery requests and responses, and manage and review large and small scale document review productions.
Notable litigation experience includes:
• Oversaw trial preparation for plaintiffs in a wage and hour litigation.
• Successfully briefed and argued against a motion to dismiss in a class action brought under ERISA for breach of fiduciary duty. Assisted in obtaining settlement for $2.55 million.
• Argued class certification motion on behalf of plan participants in an ERISA breach of fiduciary duty matter.
• Managing associate for a wage and hour misclassification action brought by 400 plaintiffs; significant briefing experience of summary judgment motions in same matter.
- Litigation Associate at Squitieri & Fearon, LLP
- Brooklyn Law School Post-Graduate Fellow at American Civil Liberties Union, LGBT and AIDS Project
- Volunteer Attorney at New York Legal Assistance Group, Special Litigation Unit
- RESEARCH ASSISTANT at Professor Nan Hunter, Brooklyn Law School
10 years, 7 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
Civil litigation support, including legal research, legal writing, and witness preparation.
- Litigation Associate at Bufete Izquierdo, Pagán & Pabón
- Law Student Practician at Bufete Torres Nolasco & Asociados
- Law Student Practician at PUCPR Civil Clinic
6 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Accounting - Business Administration
• Directly managed caseload of over twenty litigation matters including civil rights suits, employment matters, commercial litigation and evictions, administrative appeals, complex defense litigation, legislative challenges, and two class action suits
• Represented clients in state court, district court, and administrative hearings
• Assisted in managing and mentoring three administrative assistants and aides, two paralegals, and five law clerks
• Left job on positive terms with great references to travel, volunteer, and explore creative and professional interests
- Litigation Associate at Joseph, Greenwald & Laake P.A
- Litigation Associate, Summer Associate 2015 at Venable LLP
- Legal Intern at Dow Jones
- Marketing and Events Associate at Foreign Policy
9 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
Represent clients in litigation in state and federal courts. Represent one of the largest privately held companies in the United States in toxic tort litigation in the Eastern District of Missouri. Responsibilities include: drafting briefs and motions; preparing for and attending 30(b)(6) depositions; conducting internal investigations; and preparing for oral arguments. Represent real estate investor in partnership dispute in Delaware Court of Chancery at trial in August 2018. Responsibilities include: drafting pleadings, discovery requests, and third-party subpoenas; preparing for and attending oral arguments; coordinating review of expedited fact discovery; preparing for and taking depositions of third-party and hostile witnesses; preparing for trial; and drafting post-trial briefing. Represent client in housing dispute with landlord. Represent clients in bail-bond remission matters.
- Litigation Associate at Kasowitz Benson Torres LLP
- Litigation Associate at Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Paralegal at Gogick, Byrne & O'Neill, LLP
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- B.A. (cum laude) - Government
• Drafted dispositive motions, consulted with clients, and managed discovery in civil litigation matters.
• Cases: Real estate developer in RICO case involving Mexican luxury condominium project. Fund and principals in employee mobility dispute and special proceeding to enjoin arbitration. Third largest shareholder in action to enjoin a proposed merger.
• New York State Bar member.
- Litigation Associate at King & Spalding LLP
- Litigation Associate at Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Law Clerk at Hon. Sandra L. Lynch, U.S. Court
- Summer Associate at Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
3 years at this Job
- J.D. - Law, Economics and Entrepreneurship
- B.A. - Legal Studies and Psychology
A national law firm with 12 offices, in 7 states. Expanded practice areas include environmental and energy law, complex business litigation, and labor and employment law.
• Represent clients in a wide variety of litigation matters including environmental, intellectual property, employment, real estate, government contract, and complex-business disputes. o Team with partner's in the development of litigation strategy o Given the lead position in the production of discovery documents
• Draft briefs, complaints, pretrial motions, memoranda and discovery requests and responses.
• Assist in the preparation of witnesses for depositions and trial testimony.
• Second-chaired trial involving a real estate dispute under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act. This consisted of: o Developing a strategy and theme of the case to be presented at trial o Preparing outlines for direct and cross-examinations o Assisting in the preparations of witnesses for trial testimony o Reviewing and organizing exhibits to be presented at trial.
• Assisted in the successful defense of an awardee-intervenor in GAO protest to the award of multi-year aviation maintenance, repair and logistics services contract.
• Assumed the lead on a successful GAO protest of the award of a $76 million contract with minimal supervision, which resulted in the Army taking corrective action and awarding protestor its fees.
- Litigation Associate at Stoel Rives LLP
- Law Clerk at Oliver Walker Wilson, LLC
- Law Clerk at The Honorable Nanette Laughrey, United States District Court
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate
Senior Associate in the Professional Liability Practice Group; responsible for the analysis and handling of legal and accounting malpractice matters from their inception through resolution of same; cultivate relationships with professional clients; develop and implement appropriate defense litigation/alternative dispute resolution handling strategies; preparation of pleadings, written discovery, and dispositive motions in the State and Federal Courts of New York; prepare arguments and briefs for presentation before the Appellate Courts of the State of New York.
- Senior Litigation Associate at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Senior Litigation Associate at Milber Makris Plousadis & Seiden, LLP
- Associate at Galgano & Associates, PLLC
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- J.D. - Journal of International Business and Law
- B.B.A. - Management
Represent clients in various stages of civil litigation. Responsible for developing litigation strategy, drafting pretrial motions, researching complex issues, settlement negotiations, and oral argument before courts across Long Island, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, and Manhattan. Supervise a team of paralegals and legal assistants.
- Litigation Associate at Smith Carroad Levy Wan & Parikh, P.C
- Legal Intern at
- Legal Intern at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Legal Intern at Lanin Law, P.C
5 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Entertainment and Sports Law Society
- Bachelor of Science in Sport Management - Sport Management