Summer Associate, Summer 2015
• Develop litigation skills and substantive expertise in consumer protection class actions, trade secret matters, and general commercial litigation disputes
• Counsel consumer products manufacturers on advertising and labeling issues
• Draft a diverse variety of motions before federal courts in California, New York, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut
• Developed expertise in case management and discovery, including efficient document collection and review Notable Representations
• Represented international clients in a contentious trade secret dispute with novel jurisdictional issues
• Contributed to a winning brief dismissing a large consumer class action involving a false advertising issue of first impression
- Litigation Associate at Venable LLP
- Intern, Legal Department at Verizon, Inc
- Calendar Clerk at Hollins Law
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- J.D. - good standing
Manages multiple reviews from 5,000 documents - 2M+ documents for Fortune 50 program clients. Service range includes consulting clients' internal law departments, digital contracts, transaction management, compliance and data protection. Drafts, audits and reviews commercial service agreements. Due to personal tenacity and quality of work, experienced rapid professional progression over a 2-year span. Growing over three positions from consulting Document Review Attorney to full-time Staff Attorney to Litigation Associate I. Each move coming with increasing responsibility.
- LITIGATION ASSOCIATE II at UNITEDLEX CORP
- STAFF ATTORNEY at MARYLAND LEGAL AID DCSHC
- STAFF ATTORNEY at HOUSE OF RUTH MARYLAND
- EXPERT MEETING COORDINATOR at AMERICAN UNIVERSITY
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Masters in Law - Gender and the Law
- - Education
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts - English
Weiss, Handler & Cornwell, P.A. Worked between the Commercial Litigation department and Of Counsel Class Action practice area. Business Litigation involved high- August 2018 - Present stakes, comprising multi-million dollar contract disputes and Investigating partnership agreements and fraud claims. Expanded government affairs and lobbying practice, Consulting firms and also lobbying to affect laws & regulations that impact our clients' business. Strems Law Firm - Coral Gables, Florida Main practice was first party insurance claims, representing Litigation Associate the insured. Extensive experience taking depositions of September 2018 - Present corporate representatives, experts and defending depositions of the plaintiff and our experts. Represented clients in Mediation. Defeated Motions for Summary Judgment, Motions to Dismiss, Motions for Sanctions and Protective Orders. Extensive Research on forced-placed insurance policies and the rights of the "borrower".
- Litigation Associate at Weiss, Handler & Cornwell, P.A
- Legal Intern at World Spring Jewelry
- Judicial Intern - Honorable Rodolfo A. Ruiz at Eleventh Judicial Circuit Court of Florida
- Legal Intern -General Prosecutor's Office at Court of West Amman
7 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Wiesbaden, Germany
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
New York, New York Responsibilities: work for litigation partners, litigation associate and managing clerk in all aspects of federal and state court litigation, typing, filing, preparation of correspondence, memoranda and statements to clients, scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements, training of new secretaries, assist other attorneys when assistants are out. Assistant Floor Coordinator April 1996 to present which responsibilities include: delegation of attorney's work and temporary secretarial assistance during their secretary's absence. I also have help train new secretaries, assist Word Processing Department and Secretarial Manager with projects as needed. For a two-year period, I assisted the Assistant Firm Administrator which duties included: both scheduling secretarial and word processing overtime, daily contact with attorneys regarding delegation of their work and temporary secretarial assistance, completing and submitting medical claim forms, ordering office supplies. Skills: typing 90 w.p.m., operating Word for Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Notary Public.
- litigation associate and managing clerk at Seward & Kissel LLP
- cashier and cosmetics sales at SAV-ON Drugs
37 years, 6 months at this Job
• Draft substantive pleadings and motions filed in both state & federal court, including complaints, answers, demurrers, motions for summary judgment, motions to compel, oppositions to aforementioned motions, and mediation briefs
• Regularly appear and argue substantive motions
• Develop litigation and discovery strategy; draft written discovery requests, objections and responses; defend percipient, corporate designee, and expert witness depositions; review, analyze and manage paralegals' and junior associates' review and analysis of documents produced by both opposing parties and clients to identify key substantive, confidentiality, and privilege issues; prepare and organize exhibit list for state court trial
• Directly advise clients on risk analysis and corporate exposure, litigation strategy, and non-litigation solutions to efficiently and cost-effectively resolve matters; successfully negotiate settlement with opposing counsel; represent clients in private mediation; prepare clients for percipient and corporate designee depositions
• Key areas of practice: insurance recovery for policyholders (analyze CGL, D&O, Business Interruption, Homeowner, Loss of Value, Crime, & Disability policies); financial services litigation; general commercial contract disputes; federal appeals
- Litigation Associate at Reed Smith, LLP
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Ferdinand Fernandez at United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Litigation Associate at Reed Smith LLP
- Law Clerk at California Office of Attorney General
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Law
- Bachelor of Arts - Philosophy
- - Art History, Psychology, Philosophy
Fast-paced real estate and landlord-tenant firm, specializing in commercial and residential landlord-tenant litigation and high-volume motion practice. Responsibilities include:
• Drafting pleadings and motions for Housing Court proceedings, as well as narrative replies for Division of Housing and Community Renewal proceedings
• Advising clients on document production in legal proceedings, as well as compliance with regulatory guidelines in daily operations
• Negotiating and drafting settlement agreements in open court
- Litigation Associate at Rose & Rose
- Law Clerk & Litigation Associate at Garfunkel Wild, P.C
- Legal Extern at Civil Rights Litigation Clinic
- Public Interest Fellow at Disability Rights New York
6 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts - Communications
• Represented major corporations in litigation cases involving products liability and personal injury claims as well as insurance defense
• Drafted motions, including motions for summary judgment, motions in limine, motions to compel, demurrers and motions to strike
• Participated in numerous depositions, including expert depositions and PMK depositions
• Successfully mediated and settled litigation matters involving high-impact exposure cases
• Participated in an arbitration case involving national corporation
• Served as second chair in a personal injury trial which ended in a favorable verdict under the 998 offer
• Conducted all phases of discovery including deposition of experts, discovery motions, preparing and serving requests and discovery responses
• Provided direct legal analysis to clients
- Litigation Associate at Yoka & Smith, LLP
- Litigation Associate at Kim Park Choi & Yi, APLC
- Litigation Associate at Dumas & Associates
- Litigation Associate at Law Offices of Jason J. Kim
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Public Interest Law Foundation
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
• Ran Superior Court Division trial.
• Prepare cases for trial litigation in North Carolina State Courts.
• Depose parties and examine witnesses.
• Accompany, prepare and counsel Plaintiffs through examinations.
• Ran several District Court-Small Claims Division eviction actions.
• Represent and advocate for clients in North Carolina State Courts and North Carolina Court of Appeals.
• Wrote numerous appellant briefs.
• Draft legal pleadings and other documents including but not limited to motions, consent orders, counsel correspondence, client correspondence and appellate briefs.
• Calculate client admissible expenses, monetary damages, lost wages and traveling costs for litigation and negotiation.
• File legal documents with North Carolina State Courts and the North Carolina Court of Appeals.
• Supervise a paralegal.
• Delegate duties to legal assistants and paralegals to obtain, manage and develop cases for litigation.
• Prepare cases for mediation and represent client in mediations.
• Negotiate case settlements with insurance adjusters and defense attorneys.
• Read and interpret statutes, case law, appellate opinions and rules, contracts and other documents to analyze and develop legal issues and apply them to case facts.
• Consult clients on personal injury, insurance dispute and bad faith, medical malpractice and other legal issues.
• Investigate legal issues and case facts for personal injury, insurance dispute and bad faith and medical malpractice cases.
• Meet with clients for intakes, meetings, litigation preparation and witness polishing.
• Establish and maintain client rapport to foster good business practices and client relations.
• Maintain and add information in the Needles Case Management System.
- Litigation Associate at Brent Adams & Associates
- Litigation Associate at Cabrejas Law Firm
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Science - laude, Aeronautics
- Associate - Applied Science in Avionics Technology
- Associate in Applied Science - Safety
· Draft memoranda and legal documents, including pleadings and briefs related to complex litigation issues · Develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases · Prepare witnesses, discovery, pleadings, trial and exhibit materials for oral argument and depositions · Prepared brief in a habeas corpus appeal for a death row inmate as part of pro bono service
- Litigation Associate at Fish & Richardson PC
- Litigation Extern at Wake Forest University School of Law Litigation Clinic
- Graduate Hall Director at Wake Forest University School of Law Litigation Clinic
- Summer Associate at Fish and Richardson, PC
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate - Law
- Bachelor's - Chemistry
• Integral member of the construction defect litigation group specializing in the defense of general contractors, contractors, business owners, design professionals, and other industry stakeholders in construction/design defect cases pertaining to residential, commercial, and governmental buildings
• Practice insurance defense law, primarily real estate and construction litigation, particularly skilled in managing the challenging relationships and expectations involving the attorney, insurer, and the insured/client v Responsible for managing a civil litigation docket of between fifteen and twenty-five cases
• Successfully resolved cases via mediation and arbitration involving claims for damages ranging from $30,000 to $30,000,000
- Litigation Associate at Tribble | Ross
- Contracts Analyst/Landman at Occidental Oil & Gas Corporation
- Contracts/Title Analyst at Holland Services
- Associate Attorney at Zimmerman, Axelrad, Meyer, Stern & Wise, P.C
2 years at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Management