White Plains, NY Litigation Associate, August 2018-Present Managed the civil litigation department which focuses in a wide range of areas including business law, family law, real estate, breach of contract matters, foreclosures, probate and estate administration and Article 78 proceedings. Balanced and integrated both aspects of law and business in the firm. Hired and supervised interns in the civil litigation department. Litigated matters from inception to resolution. Drafted pleadings, petitions, motions, discovery documents, subpoenas and appellate briefs. Negotiated and drafted settlement agreements, releases, contracts and demand letters. Advocated on behalf of clients in motion practice, court conferences, hearings, depositions, and private negotiation. Communicated regularly with clients regarding the status of their case. Represented clients in transactional matters and drafted wills, health care proxies and power of attorney. Represented clients facing DWI charges and successfully advocated for their enrollment in the enhanced DWI program. Represented clients in a variety of traffic tickets and appeared in the County Courts of Westchester and the surrounding counties defending all types of traffic tickets including but not limited to speeding to driving with a suspended license.
- Litigation Associate at TILEM & ASSOCIATES, P.C
- Litigation Associate at CERMELE & WOOD LLP
- Externship at ECKERT SEAMANS CHERIN & MELLOTT
- Legal Intern at LAW OFFICES OF TIMOTHY J. BRENNAN
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Italian American Law Student Organization
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
Summer Associate, Summer 2008
• Manage all aspects of single plaintiff employment cases in state and federal court o Draft and respond to written discovery requests o Review case files and develop litigation strategy, including removal decisions o Interact with opposing counsel o Draft briefs for and participate in mediation and settlement discussions
• Wage and hour class action litigation experience o Deposed plaintiffs and drafted motion for decertification of collective action o Interviewed witnesses and collected declarations to assess potential liability
• Sole associate in complex litigation matter involving 40+ causes of action o Coordinated discovery, including creating strategy and supervising work of paralegals o Drafted pleadings, including opposition to demurrer, motion to compel, and motion for summary adjudication, and prepared partners for hearings o Researched and analyzed procedural aspects of administrative writ of mandate o Assessed settlement position and assisted in negotiation of $26.5 million settlement
• Independently drafted protest of Franchise Tax Board assessment worth $10 million o Analyzed 15,000-page audit file, developed case theories to respond to auditor's unitary business conclusions and drafted 65-page protest o Prepared for and conducted 15 witness interviews, including former CEO of the company, and finalized witness declarations o Represented client at hearing before protest officer
• Involved in all aspects of patent litigation case in District of Delaware o Drafted and responded to written discovery requests; and prepared for and attended depositions o Motion practice, including researching and drafting three motions for summary adjudication o Drafted direct and cross examination outlines and assisted in expert witness preparation
• Participate in hearings, oral arguments, status conferences, and client meetings; experience in taking and defending fact and expert depositions
• Correspond directly with clients, co-counsel, opposing counsel, and experts
• Trial experience includes representing client in section 1983 prisoner's civil rights litigation from discovery through jury verdict and independently representing client in land use writ action
- Litigation Associate at Winston & Strawn LLP
- Judicial Extern at The Honorable Consuelo M. Callahan, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Executive Team Leader at Target Corporation
- Assistant Language Teacher at "JET"
9 years, 7 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - President of the International Law Society
- B.A. - American Studies
• Represent individuals and corporations in state and federal actions and investigations on a wide variety of complex commercial litigation matters, including product liability, class actions, breach of fiduciary duty allegations, and contractual disputes, among others.
• Major responsibilities include:
• Drafting a wide range of litigation documents, including pleadings, motions, discovery documents, and legal briefs and memoranda;
• Managing teams of associates, contract attorneys, support staff, and third-party vendors in achieving litigation objectives;
• Preparing witnesses for depositions and trials; drafting direct and cross-examination questioning outlines;
• Taking and defending witness depositions; conducting witness interviews;
• Actively participating in litigation strategy, risk assessment, negotiations, and mediations; preparing for oral arguments, hearings, and trials;
• Managing all aspects of electronic discovery, including document holds, custodian interviews, document collection, data processing, negotiating scope of discovery, managing ESI agreements, protective orders, data privacy issues, document review, training, vendor selection, privilege logs, and production of documents/emails, metadata, and other electronic data;
• Advising clients on various compliance issues, litigation strategy, and best practices;
• Collaborating with in-house legal departments regarding internal training programs.
• Representative matters include: Current matters:
• Representing a Hollywood production company in investigations by the DOJ and several international agencies.
• Working with David Boies to recover fraudulently stolen money from a Latin American state-owned entity.
• Representing various financial institutions in contract and fraud actions.
• Serving as a client liaison to a large financial institution. Past matters:
• Sole associate representing Evercore Group LLC in a derivative class action lawsuit brought by shareholders of Facebook.
• Sole associate, acting as second chair on matter, securing a favorable outcome in Brown v. State, No. 11-145554 (11th Cir. 2012), upholding the constitutionality of an amendment to the Florida Constitution; obtained a ruling on behalf of the Florida Democratic Party that deemed the state legislature’s plan apportioning districts for the Florida Senate as constitutionally invalid in In re Senate Joint Resolution of Legislative Apportionment 1176 (In re Apportionment Law—March 2012), 37 Fla. Mar. 9, 2012).
• Defended Philip Morris USA in several Florida actions that were progeny cases from the Florida Supreme Court’s decision in Engle v. Liggett Group.
- Litigation Associate at BOIES SCHILLER FLEXNER LLP
- Secondment from Boies Schiller Flexner LLP at BARCLAYS BANK PLC
- Head Independent Study Intern at FOX NEWS
- Intern at THE ARACA GROUP
9 years, 11 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Science - Public Relations
Practice consisted of business, securities and white collar crime litigation in federal and state court, preparing pleadings, motions and memoranda of law and preparation of appellate briefs.
- Litigation Associate at Gersten Savage, LLP
- Litigation Associate at McKissock & Hoffman
- Litigation Associate at Law Office of Marvin Barish
- at ADMITTED
2 years at this Job
- J.D. - Law
- Ph.D. - History
Represent clients in a wide variety of state and federal litigation matters including medical malpractice, product liability, nursing home liability and general negligence matters. Responsibilities and experience include the following: - Drafting pleadings, dispositive and discovery motions, discovery requests and objections/responses, memoranda of law, and settlement releases/confidentiality agreements in Connecticut and New York state and federal courts; - Managing civil discovery in all aspects, including but not limited to litigation holds, written discovery, document production, collection and review, review and chronology of medical records; - Assisting in the investigation of health care providers' compliance with Connecticut Agency Regulations pertaining to chronic and convalescent nursing homes; - Appearing in Court in both Connecticut and New York to attend status conferences and oral arguments; - Conducting depositions of fact witnesses and parties for Connecticut and New York litigation matters; - Handling and responding to CT Department of Public Health Complaint Investigations on behalf of healthcare providers with respect to compliance with state regulatory provisions and standard of care; - Researching and authoring articles regarding the most current updates to the law for dissemination to firm clients on issues of employment, tort, and general liability matters such as the newly enacted CT Paid FMLA; - Create and present lectures to local physicians, nurses, APRNs, risk managers and legal compliance professionals regarding trends in recent case law, changes in the law, changes in these professionals' codes of ethics.
- Litigation Associate at Kaufman Borgeest & Ryan, LLP
- Clerk at Connecticut Superior Court
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- BA - English
Provide litigation assistance to managing partner and senior attorneys in all aspects of civil litigation in a busy, high volume personal injury firm. Conduct and defend depositions. Research, draft, and argue motions. Engage in appellate practice by drafting and arguing briefs before the Appellate Divisions. Frequently attend various court appearances and settlement conferences. Assist in client intake and preparing case strategies while communicating with clients and conducting extensive legal research. Manage a personal caseload from inception to trial.
- Litigation Associate at Law Office of Yuriy Prakhin, P.C
- Associate Attorney (Per Diem Basis) at The Neveloff Law Firm, PC
- Associate Attorney (Per Diem Basis) at The Bostany Law Firm, PLLC
- Associate Attorney at Stark & Levoritz, P.C
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Cardozo Intellectual Property Society
- Bachelor of Arts - International Affairs
Manage approximately 50 active cases including both in-house and outside counsel cases, focused
primarily in premises and auto liability. Advise outside counsel to protect the agency's interests.
• Handle all phases of litigation, including: pleadings, motions, written discovery, depositions, research, trial preparation, oral argument, settlement, and trial.
• Review agreements in the context of ongoing litigation to provide insight to the transactions group for future negotiations.
• Assist in drafting the scope of work for the agency's FCC network transformation upgrade.
• Handle over 200 claim petitions before the New Jersey Workers Compensation Court.
- Litigation Associate at The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- Volunteer/Freelance at
- Assistant District Attorney at Juvenile Division
- Senior Legal Services Coordinator at Chamber of Commerce
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Industrial and Labor Relations
- Litigation Associate at John Foy and Associates
- Litigation Manager at Equian, LLC
- Litigation Attorney at Gibson and Sharps
- Litigation Attorney at Progressive Insurance Company (Shur, McDuffie and Morgan House Counsel)
3 years at this Job
- Doctorate - Law Degree
- Bachelor's - Political Science
Draft pleadings, motions, letters, and memoranda for cases involving commercial litigation. Prepare discovery and discovery responses in commercial cases. Appear in court for commercial and municipal court cases. Meet with clients and potential clients to discuss cases.
- Litigation Associate at Kim & Bae, P.C
- Assistant Public Defender at Law Offices of Robert Wesley
- Law Clerk at Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia
- Law Clerk, Special Counsel at Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia
7 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
• Represented clients in diverse civil matters, including premises liability, product liability, motor vehicle accidents, and general negligence.
• Lead litigation and trial attorney representing clients in all phases of civil litigation from initial consultation through trial.
• Drafted and prepared pleadings, motions, and other documents for litigation.
• Drafted and responded to discovery requests, including working with clients to craft answers to interrogatories.
• Conducted legal research to establish and implement litigation plans.
• Conducted and defended depositions of fact witnesses, corporate representatives, and expert witnesses.
• Argued pretrial and post-trial motions, including motions for summary judgment, motions to dismiss, motions in limine, motions for judgment, motions for new trial and other motions.
• Collaborated with and provided support to other litigation attorneys.
- Litigation Associate at Law Offices of Seymour R. Goldstein
- Litigation Associate at Law Offices of Peter T. Nicholl
- Litigation Associate at Jones & Associates, PC
- Assistant State's Attorney at State's Attorney's Office for Baltimore City
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor Degree - Political Science