Civil litigation attorney with over 20 years of experience handling lawsuits in Tennessee. Skilled trial attorney with emphasis on contracts, products liability, employment law, collections, personal injury, and workers’ compensation.
- Litigation Attorney at Dunn, MacDonald & Reynolds, P.C.
- Associate Attorney at Norton and Luhn
- Associate Attorney at Feirich, Mager, Green & Ryan
19 years, 9 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Law
Litigation attorney in CNA staff counsel office responsible for a full caseload of litigated claims against CNA insureds. Responsibilities include creation of cost effective litigation strategies to drive cases to closure. Create and use appropriate discovery tools to implement litigation strategy. Provide continuous and timely evaluations to clients and claims. Advocate for client in court, mediations, settlement conferences, or arbitrations. Close files by filing dispositive motions, settlement, or by trying assigned cases to conclusion.
- LITIGATION ATTORNEY at Law Offices of Steven J. Tegrar
- MANAGING TRIAL ATTORNEY at Law Offices of Joel R. Bellush
23 years, 6 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor Of Arts - Political Science
Kimmel & Silverman is a plaintiff-side consumer protection litigation firm. As a litigation attorney, I handle all aspects of consumer litigation in federal court from pre-suit through trial and appeal. My cases are handled almost exclusively in federal court or private arbitration. My responsibilities include the following:
• I independently manage a large caseload of active federal court litigations and American Arbitration Association ("AAA") arbitrations from pre-suit (after initial intake) through resolution and appeal.
• In both pre-suit matters and cases in litigation, I handle all settlement negotiations.
• I have taken numerous 30(b)(6) depositions and have defended countless plaintiff's depositions.
• I regularly prepare and respond to motions, discovery, and other filings court filings, including pretrial and post- trial filings.
• I frequently act as lead counsel in initial conferences, status conferences, settlement conferences, and mediations.
• I have tried numerous consumer litigation matters to decision in front of both juries and private arbitrators and have won both in court and private arbitration.
• As part of a national practice, I have practiced pro hac vice in front of various federal courts around the country including those of Georgia, California, Florida, West Virginia, New York and Texas.
- Litigation Attorney at Kimmel & Silverman, P.C
- Employment Attorney at Karpf, Karpf & Cerutti, P.C
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- J.D. - Temple International and Comparative Law Journal
- B.A. - Philosophy
• Lead Foreclosure Litigation Attorney performing first chair duties in association foreclosure litigation.
• Drafted Complaints and Answers, engaged in motion practice, and appeared as the lead attorney at hearings in Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties.
• Lead attorney in all matters related to Discovery, including drafting all discovery requests, responding to all incoming discovery requests, creating templates for other attorneys, and trained paralegals and support staff on new system to intake all evidence for future discovery use.
• Researched and drafted opinion letters on requests for emotional support animals pursuant to the Fair Housing Act.
• Negotiated settlement agreements with opposing counsel and adverse parties.
• Performed legal research on Florida Statutes concerning Association Law and Fair Debt collections.
• Managed high volume caseload and directed multiple paralegals to perform various tasks during litigation process.
- Litigation Attorney at Rabin Parker, P.A
- Contract Attorney Team Lead at Winston & Strawn, LLP
- Contract Attorney Team Lead at FTI Consulting, Inc.
- Associate Attorney at Obront Corey, PLLC
7 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Law and Policy Clinic
- Bachelor of Arts - History
Civil litigation practice with special emphasis in areas of personal injury law and medical malpractice. Additional areas of practice include insurance defense, commercial litigation and landlord-tenant law.
- Litigation Attorney at IRWIN S. GEVURTZ, ATTORNEY AT LAW
- Litigation Attorney at LAW OFFICES OF COHEN & STEINBRECHER
- Litigation Attorney at LAW OFFICES OF OWEN A. SILVERMAN
- Litigation Attorney at LAW OFFICES OF LEON SCHNEIDER
22 years, 2 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
620 NE 28 Street, #104
Wilton Manors, FL 33334
ANYA E. MACÍAS
cell: (954) 295-4669 EDUCATION: Juris Doctorate – Shepard Broad Law Center - Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, FL - May, 1999
Bachelor of Arts - Criminology/Criminal Justice
The Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL - December, 1991 EXPERIENCE: 07/11 – 11/18 SHAPIRO, FISHMAN & GACHÉ, LLP, Boca Raton
Senior Trial Attorney – Ronald M. Gaché, Esq.
Florida’s largest and longest standing full service Real Estate law firm (with offices in 38 states) representing every major U.S. Lender, Investor and Loan Servicer; specializing in residential mortgage foreclosures and default litigation, bankruptcy, eviction, code enforcement, title litigation, and REO closings. Served as firm’s Senior trial attorney with highest volume case load, assigned to the most contested, high value and/or high profile foreclosure matters throughout Florida. Responsible all aspects of contested foreclosure and default servicing related litigation from inception through non-jury trial and miscellaneous post judgment litigation.
Defended dozens of counterclaims and third party actions brought against firm and firm clients while working directly with the Litigation Managing Partner. Successfully tried over 8,000 matters (with only 2 loses, both of which remain on appeal in the 4th and 5th DCA), many of which have been published on Westlaw. Trained, mentored and second chaired dozens of trials with junior litigation and foreclosure associates under the direction of the Litigation Managing Partner. Created, developed and implemented a state-wide “block trial” system while working directly with various Florida Court Administrators, Judicial Assistants and Chief Judges. Prepared for and tried upwards of 100 “bulk” trials per day in various Florida counties (same was later replicated by firm competitors). Formed and managed a team of “block” trial paralegals and legal assistants, and was responsible for hiring, training and managing certain litigation paralegals while working directly with upper management. Conducted and defended hundreds of discovery depositions (including personal representation of various Firm staff members and managers) and handled hundreds of discovery related hearings; conducted hundreds of pre- and post-trial conciliation conferences and mediations. Maintained and developed excellent client relations while appearing almost daily in various Florida courts. Routinely assigned to handle and resolve litigation involving possible firm and/or client liability while managing and maintaining a paperless caseload. Recognized annually as one of the firm’s top income producers; was the firm’s most successful litigation attorney, highly respected by civil judges throughout Florida (references available upon request). 11/10 - 02/11 ELIZABETH R. WELLBORN, P.A., Deerfield Beach
Managing Attorney – Elizabeth R. Wellborn, Esq.
Boutique real estate litigation practice specializing in the prosecution of residential mortgage foreclosures on behalf of various Servicers, Mortgage Lenders and Private Investors throughout the United States. Responsible for the hiring, staffing training management and supervision of junior associate attorneys and various non-litigation staff members and office personnel, including legal secretaries and paralegals. Developed, supervised and managed the daily operations of the uncontested foreclosure department while simultaneously serving as the point of contact for all clients relative to uncontested foreclosures. Established and implemented office systems, processes, and procedures within my department while handling an active case load of state-wide foreclosure matters, including attendance at hearings, mediations and pretrial conciliation conferences, and discovery depositions. 06/09 – 11/10 LAW OFFICE OF DAVID J. STERN, P.A., Plantation
Associate Attorney – David J. Stern, Esq.
Florida’s (then) largest real estate firm specializing in residential mortgage foreclosures, bankruptcy, eviction, code enforcement, litigation, loss mitigation, title claims, REO closings and title insurance. Responsible for developing, implementing and supervising the Amended Complaint Department while responsible for the prosecution of state wide mortgage default foreclosures on behalf of Freddie Mac as Investor for all major lenders in the United States. Successfully maintained a litigation caseload of approximately 1,800 active files, from Complaint filing and through final summary judgment, while managing a team of 12 support staff members. Attended hundreds of hearings, pretrial mediations and conciliation conferences; defended and conducted discovery depositions. 05/05 – present LAW OFFICE OF ANYA ELISA MACIAS, P.A., Ft. Lauderdale
Civil Trial Lawyer / Solo Practitioner
Sole owner of civil litigation practice specializing in all areas of plaintiff’s personal injury and wrongful death, insurance and contractual disputes, and real estate matters (including but not limited to landlord / tenant disputes). Responsible for all aspects of litigation from initial consultation through Complaint filing and final judgment / trial. Hired, trained and managed all aspects of the firm, including hiring and training of all firm staff. THE WEISSING LAW FIRM, Ft. Lauderdale/Pompano Beach
01/01 – 05/05 Associate Attorney – Matthew. D. Weissing, Esq.
10/99 – 01/01 Law Clerk
Tort litigation practice specializing in all areas of Plaintiff’s personal injury, wrongful death, insurance / contractual disputes, and automobile dealership fraud. firm’s sole Associate responsible for marketing, networking, and ultimately maintaining a “book of business” while handling approximately 50% of the firm’s high-end catastrophic injury caseload from initial client interview and case evaluation to settlement either by way of negotiations, mediation, and/or trial. Responsible for all Spanish-speaking clients and firm’s translations. 02/99 – 10/99 MONTERO, FINIZIO, VELASQUEZ, WEISSING & REYES, Ft. Lauderdale
Law Clerk/Legal Intern – Matthew D. Weissing, Esq.
Tort litigation practice specializing in Aviation disasters, cruise ship injuries, Plaintiff personal injury, wrongful death, PIP litigation, and other civil matters. Assisted in all aspects of the pre and post-suit process including: client interviews, accident investigation, demand package preparation, settlement negotiations, drafting of negligence Complaints, related discovery preparation (including witness and client deposition preparation), mediation summaries, witness lists, jury instructions, and assistance at trial, etc 07/98 – 10/98 LAW OFFICE OF THERESA M. BENNETT, Ft. Lauderdale
Law Clerk/Senior Litigation Paralegal – Theresa M. Bennett, Esq.
Admiralty, maritime, contract and real estate litigation practice. Served as firm’s sole Law Clerk/Senior Paralegal assisting Senior Partner with every aspect of a diverse caseload. 05/98 – 08/98 LAW OFFICE OF ELLIS & GED, P.A., Boca Raton
Law Clerk – Rhonda Ellis, Esq. & Glenn Ged, Esq.
Tort litigation practice specializing in Plaintiff personal injury, wrongful death, PIP litigation, insurance disputes and immigration law. Assisted in all aspects of personal injury claim work including preparing insurance demand packages, mediation summaries, maintaining personal injury files, and assisting with all Spanish speaking clientele. 05/97 – 12/98 CLAGER AVIATION LAW, West Palm Beach
Law Clerk/Office Manager/Senior Litigation Paralegal – Robert Clager, Esq.
Aviation litigation practice. Served as firm’s sole Law Clerk/Senior Paralegal assisting Senior Partner with all aspects of firm’s caseload, which consisted of general aviation matters including air accidents and the representation of pilots for various FAA violations, contractual disputes, etc. 05/95 – 06/96 LAW OFFICE OF EILON KRUGMAN-KADI, Gainesville
Senior Litigation Paralegal/Office Manager – Eilon Krugman-Kadi, Esq. (deceased)
Tort litigation and Aviation law practice specializing in Plaintiff personal injury, wrongful death, aviation, admiralty and maritime, probate, guardianship, and estate work. Senior Paralegal responsible for all litigation and claim files; worked exclusively for firm’s Senior Partner and two Senior Litigation Associates while holding the dual position of Office Manager responsible for all personnel matters, including coordinating employee schedules, attorneys’ court calendars, hiring and training of support staff, conducting daily staff meetings, assigning research projects to Law Clerks, etc. 07/94 - 05/95 LAW OFFICE OF RICHARD B. TROUTMAN, Winter Park
Senior Litigation Paralegal – Richard B. Troutman, Esq.
Tort litigation practice specializing in Plaintiff personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and probate work. Evaluated claim files from initial client contact through demand, settlement negotiations and/or litigation. Senior Litigation Paralegal to Senior Partner; responsible for all office, managerial and administrative duties. Handled all Spanish speaking client files and bilingual translations for the Firm. 12/92 - 05/94 BEST & ANDERSON, P.A., Orlando
Senior Litigation Paralegal – Mark S. Walker, Esq.
Tort litigation practice specializing in medical malpractice, personal injury and wrongful death cases. Worked exclusively for the Senior Litigation Attorney assisting with the evaluation and maintenance of all personal injury and medical malpractice claim files from initial client contact through settlement negotiations and/or trial. Performed all paralegal and legal secretarial duties, was responsible for all Spanish speaking client files and all performed all bilingual translations for the Firm. Assisted with and participated in all aspects of jury trials. 07/92 - 12/92 JACOBS & GOODMAN, P.A., Altamonte Springs
Litigation Paralegal/Legal Secretary – Mark S. Walker, Esq.
Tort litigation practice specializing in medical malpractice, personal injury and wrongful death cases. Evaluated and maintained injury claim files from initial client contact through settlement negotiations and/or trial. 08/91 - 06/92 ALLEN & BUSH, P.A., Tallahassee & Orlando
Legal Secretary – Richard B. Bush, Esq. & Susan V. Carol, Esq.
Legal Malpractice defense practice. Served as the sole Legal Secretary to Senior Litigation Associate working in the Tallahassee satellite office; organized and reviewed client underlying case files relative to malpractice claims. Ultimately promoted and relocated to the Orlando home office, handling all aspects of legal malpractice defense litigation including daily contact with and witness preparation of attorney clientele.
05/91 - 08/91 STATE ATTORNEYS OFFICE, Tallahassee
Criminal Investigator/Student Intern – William Meggs, Esq., State Attorney of Fl
Conducted criminal investigations of felony, misdemeanor, juvenile and D.U.I. offenses by interviewing crime victims. Participated in the criminal prosecution of offenders which included testifying as a State's witness in various court proceedings. Gained extensive investigation skills and knowledge of the criminal trial process and procedures. 06/90 - 12/91 LAW OFFICES OF EDWIN A. GREEN, II, Tallahassee
Legal Secretary/Paralegal Assistant – Edwin A. Green, II, Esq.
Civil tort litigation practice specializing in Plaintiff personal injury, product liability, medical malpractice, toxic torts and worker's compensation cases. Assisted the Senior Paralegal with all duties and performed all general office work. Assigned to all files involving Spanish speaking clients, performed bilingual translations and conducted client interviews for the Firm. LICENSES / AFFILIATIONS:
• The Florida Bar (2001 – present)
• Notary Public, State of Florida (1990 – present)
• Florida Certified Guardian Ad Litem, Broward County (2000 – 2006)
• Palm Beach County Bar Association (2013 – present)
• Broward County Bar Association (2001- present)
• Broward County Hispanic Bar Association (2007 – 2011)
• Broward County Woman Lawyers Association (2002 – 2011) - serving as follows: PACE Center for Girls “Books & Breakfast” Coordinator (2007 – 2011); Judicial Liaison (2008 – 2009); Immediate Past President (2007 – 2008); President (2006 -2007); Vice President (2005-2006); Membership Coordinator (2003 -2005); Board of Directors (2002 – 2011)
• Florida Association of Woman Lawyers (2002 – 2011) - serving as follows: Chapter President (BCWLA 2006 – 2007); Broward County Chapter Liaison (2003 – 2004)
• PACE Center For Girls, Broward (2002 – 2011) - serving as follows: Center Volunteer (2007 – 2011), Board of Directors (2008 – 2011); Believing in Girls’ Society Luncheon Committee Chairperson (2008 – 2010); “Noche Caliente” Dinner Dance Committee Chairperson (2010)
• Panel Speaker at Palm Beach County Bench and Bar Conference – 2016
• Chairperson for Foreclosure Committee of Palm Beach County Bench and Bar Conference - 2017 LANGUAGES: Spanish, English REFERENCES: Available upon request
- Litigation attorney at
at this Job
- Doctorate - Law
Duties and Responsibilities: Serves as a litigation attorney within the 1st Infantry Division, representing the Government in courts-martial ranging the full spectrum of violations of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Acts as lead prosecuting attorney in all assigned courts-martial. Provides advice to law enforcement investigators on search and seizure, evidentiary issues, and investigation procedures. Advises and assists unit trial counsel in all military justice matters from initial report to final disposition, to include guiding through evidence analysis, drafting of charges, Article 32 preliminary hearings, witness coordination, and presentation of cases at General and Special Courts-Martial. Trains, supervises, and mentors two litigation paralegals that handle all post-referral cases in military justice. Significant Accomplishments: -Successfully litigated 18 courts-martial, including 10 contested cases. -Advised 15 commanders at different levels of command, company to brigade, on all military justice matters. -Advised and guided over 33 CID and MP investigators to develop cases for trial.
- Litigation Attorney at US Army
- Contract and Fiscal Law Atttorney at US Army
- Client Services Attorney at US Army
- Communications Officer at US Army
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- JD (cum laude) - Law
- Bachelor's - International Politics
Highly experienced attorney that provides support to large Florida firms. The go-to attorney for coverage, depositions, research, drafting, mediation for foreclosure, personal injury, creditors rights, and business. Consultant to small local businesses on legal protection, litigation, employment, organization line of succession and other issues. Provides small firm support in the form of drafting legal documents and legal research. Includes family, business, small claims, federal court action, FTC, and bankruptcy. Noted for ability to respond and complete requests in a short amount of time.
- Litigation Attorney at Penelope Barrett P.A.
- Associate Attorney at Borack Law Group
- Contract Attorney at Axiom Law
- Project Manager at Clutch Group
5 years, 1 month at this Job
- Doctorate - Law
- Bachelor's of Science - Business
• Defend clients in complex business litigation defense
• Defend clients in commercial premises liability and negligence
• Dissolved a lis pendens in January 2019 in a complex business litigation defense case
• Defended a business in a premises liability case involving a shooter and negligence
• Defended a business in a breach of contract first-chair trial and obtained a favorable trial result
• Defended clients in a civil dispute involving an alleged breach of a Non-Competition Agreement
• Defended a real estate arbitration and obtained a favorable award decision
• Defended an injunction and obtained a favorable result
• Defended a DUI-related case, in which I dropped the charge from an enhanced DUI to a reckless driving conviction
• Drafted and argued my Motion in Opposition at a special set hearing and kept an injury case in the State of Florida involving the Doctrine of Forum Non Conveniens and a California premises liability injury
• Actively appealing a case involving a breach of contract defense to overturn a decision regarding the denial of an award of entitlement for attorney's fees, when there is a contractual provision for attorney's fees to be awarded to the prevailing party (Procedural Posture: obtained a favorable trial result - the Judge found that the Plaintiffs failed to meet their burden of proof, and that Defendant did not breach the Contract)
- Litigation Attorney at Smith, Gaskill & Shenkman, P.A
- Law Clerk at The Law Offices of Tony Pornprinya
- Law Clerk at Smith, Gaskil & Shenkman P.A
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- - law
- - Chinese language and cultural studies
Lead litigation attorney for general civil litigation, as well as commercial and residential unlawful detainer litigation; Draft pleadings and motions; Prepare for and conduct civil trials for general civil litigation matters; Negotiate and draft settlement agreements; Supervise associate attorneys' and interns' work on general civil litigation and unlawful detainer matters; Review and edit all pleadings, motions, and documents drafted by associate attorneys and interns; Negotiate and draft residential and commercial real property lease agreements; Manage all client and attorney meetings and correspondence
- Partner, Supervising Civil Litigation Attorney at Marc Branco & Partners, P.C
- Civil Litigation Law Clerk at
- Contract Law Teaching Assistant at Golden Gate University
6 years, 7 months at this Job
- Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology