Insurance defense litigation attorney in Construction Practice Group, Costa Mesa CA - personal injury and commercial general liability matters. Full file workup from inception through trial. 5116 - 3117 THE MARQUART LAW GROUP, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA Senior Litigation Associate. Support to solo practitioner in suburban personal injury practice, primarily defense. Discovery, trial preparation, law and motion, court appearances, and depositions. 3115 - 3116 RAFF ALOW, RHOADS & BRETOI, Irvine, CA In-house counsel for Mercury Insurance Group. Defense of insureds in automobile and premises liability personal injury actions from inception through mediation, arbitration, and trial. 70+ files assigned for handling. Two jury trials to verdict, Orange County Superior Court.
- Litigation Attorney at LEWIS BRISBOIS BISGAARD & SMITH
- Senior Litigation Associate at TEEPLE HALL, LLP
- Senior Litigation Associate at THE DYER LAW FIRM
- INDEPENDENT CONTRACT ATTORNEY at
4 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science/ International Relations
October 2018 - Present: Specializes in criminal defense, immigration practice, and personal injury first party litigation. Experienced jury trial litigation attorney in both County and Circuit Courts.
- Experienced jury trial litigation attorney at Richardson Law Group, PLLC
- Assistant State Attorney, 6th Judicial Circuit at State of Florida
- at Student Stetson University College of Law
- Commander's Rep to US Special Ops Command at Air Force Research Lab
5 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - International Law
- Masters of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelors of Science - Human Resources Management
I currently engage in the practice of law as a member of a national litigation firm.
• I manage and litigate a substantial caseload with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility, from new client retention through settlement, trial and appeal.
• I am one of five attorneys nationwide on the firm’s “appeals team,” and I am the only Texas attorney on the team. I handle most of the appellate work for our Texas offices.
• I have first-chair jury trial experience and engage heavily in pretrial motion practice.
• I have learned the importance of dedication and focus in order to effectively manage my workload and pursue all my clients' goals equally.
- Litigation Attorney at Cordell & Cordell, P.C
- Attorney at Mike Mathis Law Firm
- Attorney at Shackelford, Hawkins & Searcy, P.C
- Law Clerk at H. L. Holtmann Law Office, P.C
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- JD - Law, graduated with highest honors
Duties and Responsibilities: Serves as a criminal litigation attorney within the 1st Infantry Division, representing the Government in courts martial ranging the full spectrum of violations of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Acts as lead prosecuting attorney in all assigned courts-martial. Provides advice to law enforcement investigators on search and seizure, evidentiary issues, and investigation procedures. Advises and assists unit trial counsel in all military justice matters from initial report to final disposition, to include guiding through evidence analysis, drafting of charges, Article 32 preliminary hearings, witness coordination, and presentation of cases at General and Special Courts-Martial. Trains, supervises, and mentors two litigation paralegals that handle all post-referral cases in military justice. Significant Accomplishments: -Successfully litigated 17 courts-martial, including 9 contested cases. -Advised 15 commanders at different levels of command, company to brigade, on all military justice matters. -Advised and guided over 33 CID and MP investigators to develop cases for trial.
- Criminal Litigation Attorney at US Army
- Contract and Fiscal Law Atttorney at US Army
- Legal Assistance Attorney at US Army
- Communications Officer at US Army
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- JD (cum laude) - Law
- Bachelor's - International Politics
at the largest dedicated family law firm in West Michigan, representing clients across 20 counties. Litigation Attorney Directed customer litigation projects from conception to graveyard including, new client meetings, strategic planning, and project management under strict deadlines. Managed sales of litigation services that exceeded goals by 94% and generated over $350k annually. Consistently a top performing associate generating more revenue and sales than any other associate. With minimal supervision, mastered and led aggressive litigation for customers pertaining to all aspects of family law. Maintained a portfolio of 45-50 complex litigation accounts simultaneously. Supervised and mentored a legal staff of three direct reports. Developed processes to improve workflow and increase the organization's financials. ¦ Retained 120 new clients annually through effective relationship building and aggressive sales. ¦ Managed complex multi-party negotiations valued in excess of $1,500,000. ¦ Negotiated and reviewed prenuptial agreement with $28,000,000 in assets, as co-counsel. ¦ Drafted and revised numerous Judgments of Divorce, Orders, Motions, Stipulations, and presented oral argument weekly.
- Family law litigation attorney at SHAW LAW GROUP, PLC
- Managing Attorney at JASON ALLEN LAW/UPRIGHT LAW
- Managing Attorney at MACEY BANKRUPTCY LAW
- Law Clerk → Attorney at FRESH START LEGAL GROUP
3 years at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Litigation and International Law
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science - Political Science
INTEGON national ins. co.) 1/10 to present -Manage 1500+ caseload from inception to trial; - preparing respondent's conciliation submissions for American Arbitration Association; -conduct trials and daily court and arbitration appearances (Kings, Bronx, Queens, Nassau & Suffolk); -extensive motion drafting; -Drafting Appellate briefs and performing legal research; Senior Litigation Attorney * LAW OFFICES OF KAREN C. DODSON, TRAVELERS INSURANCE CO., STAFF COUNSEL, New York, NY -Arbitration Unit Coordinator, which included overseeing all arbitrations in the office and provided assistance to other attorneys, as well as acted as liaison between insurance company and American Arbitration Association; -Conducted trials and made daily court appearances -Drafted pleadings and motions; -Organized and performed training sessions for claims department and junior attorneys; -Assisted in investigating fraud claims and fraudulent medical providers. 4/06 to 1/10
- Senior Litigation Attorney at Law Offices of Moira A. Doherty
- Litigation Associate at ARMIENTI, DEBELLIS & WHITEN, LLP
- Insurance Defense Attorney at ARMIENTI, DEBELLIS & WHITEN, LLP
9 years at this Job
- B.A. - Political science / International Studies
Responsibilities Litigation: commercial, environmental/CERCLA, vehicle accidents, insurance defense.
- Litigation Attorney at Cholakian & Associates
- Litigation Attorney at Law Office of David W. Tate
- Insurance Defense & Product Liability Litigation Attorney at Bledsoe Cathcart
- Insurance Defense Litigation Attorney at Cholakian & Associates
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Master of Science - Taxation
- Bachelor of Science - Finance
Extensive litigation experience across the state of Texas including all aspects of mortgage litigation, property tax disputes and valuations, curative title lawsuits, home equity suits, and eviction appeal cases. Defended clients in defense litigation in both state and federal court and represented client in counterclaims as necessary. Advised client on bankruptcy issues that arose during litigation.
- Litigation Attorney at Quilling, Selander, Lownds, Winslett & Moser, P.C
- Litigation Attorney at Barrett Daffin Frappier Turner & Engel, LLP
- Division Director at Robert Half Legal
- Associate to the Chairman at Hexter-Fair/First American Title Company
7 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- - International Law
Worked on several litigation projects for top tier litigation and antitrust law firms in Washington, DC as an independent contractor, often performing work similar to that typically done by mid-level or senior associates, including preparing Memos on factual matters and legal strategy matters for the lead partners on the litigation team.
- Litigation Attorney at Sole Practitioner
- Senior Trial Consultant at Capital Legal Solutions, dba Knovos (previously dba Capital Novus)
- Trial & Litigation Attorney, Trial & Litigation Consultant at Sole Practitioner
- Associate & Of Counsel at Wallace King Marraro & Branson, PLLC (later Wallace King Domike & Reiskin)
7 months at this Job
- JD (Georgetown Law Journal, Senior Articles Editor; Magna Cum Laude; Order of the Coif) - Law
- Master of Public Administration - International Law and International Relations
- B.A. (Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa Honors Society, Government Honors Program) - Government & International Relations
Successfully represented financial institutions in mortgage-backed securities (MBS), antitrust and other complex commercial litigation
from complaint filing through motion practice, discovery, and all aspects of trial preparation
• Drafted complaints, motions to dismiss and summary judgment briefs, discovery requests & responses, and trial motions
• Participated in depositions of several fact witnesses and corporate representatives
• Managed electronic discovery including offensive & defensive document review across several platforms
- Litigation Attorney at Holwell Shuster & Goldberg, LLP
- Associate Attorney at Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker, LLP
- Associate Attorney at DeHay & Elliston, LLP
- Associate Attorney at The Ravji Law Firm, PC
5 years, 3 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate
- Bachelor of Science in Biology and Psychology - finance education