Salt Lake City) June 2018 - Current Supervisor: Teleen Hartvigsen (Please do not contact current employer) -Litigation Legal Assistant
- Litigation Legal Assistant at Smith Hartvigsen, PLLC
- Legal Assistant at Gallian Welker & Beckstrom
- Transition Legal Assistant at AP Legal, PC
- Litigation Legal Assistant at Smith Hartvigsen, PLLC
9 months at this Job
- High school diploma
As the litigation legal assistant, I am responsible for preparing my team for success. I carefully monitor my attorney’s calendar to prepare my attorney for upcoming depositions, arbitrations, and mediations. I assist my attorney’s main litigation paralegal in filing documents, reviewing medial records, drafting letters, and sending correspondence. I have also assisted my attorney’s pre-litigation paralegal to draft demands, collect medical records and bills, verify provider balances, and set up new insurance claims. Under the supervision and direction of my attorney I have drafted discovery responses and various pleadings. I also have experience in closing files and organizing for data storage companies to collect. I also gained experience in regard to receptionist duties as I fill in for our receptionist when they are out of the office. I have the ability to efficiently answer phones, sort faxes and mail, and assist clients with professionalism as they come into the office.
- Litigation Legal Assistant at Personal Injury Lawfirm
- Director of Sales at MakeUp Eraser Group LLC
- Barista at Safeway
- Director of Sales at Soapybliss Bath + Body Bakery
10 months at this Job
- - Paralegal Studies
- High school or equivalent
* Coordinate trial logistics for product liability trial attorneys including war room setup, witness travel and hotel, demonstrative exhibits, courtroom procedures, and meals. * Selected as the only legal assistant to participate and provide litigation support for multi-plaintiff month long jury trial for the firms biggest pharmaceutical client. * Electronically file and serve pleadings, discovery and motions in state court and federal court. * Drafted, proofread and formatted discovery responses, motions in limine, summary judgment briefs, conducting fact and legal research regarding briefs at issue. * Review and process invoices, check requests, proformas, company W-9 forms, input attorney time (InTapp), and prepare billing statements. * Manage discovery deposition calendar including drafting deposition notices, subpoenas, scheduling depositions and court reporters/videographers, completing errata sheets, obtaining transcripts and management of discovery library. * Maintain calendar and schedule for product liability partner, chair of pro bono committee, and two investment management group associates.
- Litigation Legal Assistant at Drinker Biddle & Reath
- Legal Assistant at Buckley Sandler, LLP
- Litigation Paralegal -Real Estate at Fisher & Shapiro, LLC
- Quality Assurance Specialist- Government Contracts at CBE Group
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Communication - Political Communication
- Associate of Arts in Paralegal Studies - ABA Certified Paralegal Program
* Assisted attorney and litigation paralegal with welcome calls, correspondence, drafting complaint documents, discovery request, disclosures, and processing and logging incoming documents and court pleadings. * Prepared and filed pleadings and documents to appropriate court. * Maintained court calendar, hearing dates and files. * Contacted court personnel, law enforcement agencies, and other agencies to assist clients and obtain information. * In charge of requesting and following up on medical and billing records. Redacting medical authorizations, processing check requests to accounting for filing fees, cost for records, process service, obtaining balance verifications from all providers, lien search's, retrieved police reports, and logged settlements and deposits. * Opened and closed legal files, indexed, and prepared notebooks for pleadings, discovery, disclosure, and medical records. * Met with clients, prepared the conference room for depositions, trained new litigation assistants, and exercised discretion in handling confidential matters.
- Litigation Legal Assistant at Phillips Law Group P.C
- Legal Assistant at Gurstel Chargo, PA
- Legal Assistant at Roser Law Office PLLC
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- (CP) Modern Office Fundamentials - Business
- High school or equivalent
Heavy litigation for the largest insurance companies in the nation.
● Manages a team of four attorneys and their calendars.
● State and Federal filing and e-filing experience.
● Prepare, draft and process legal documents and papers, such as discovery shells, voluminous documents, summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements.
● Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
● Prepare cases for depositions, mediations and trials.
● Organize and maintain expert witness lists, law libraries, documents, and case files.
● Schedule and make appointments.
● Assist attorneys in collecting information such as employment, medical, and other records.
● Prepare and distribute invoices to bill clients or pay account expenses.
● Maintains office equipment, office supplies and monthly office invoices.
● Complete various forms, such as accident reports, trial and courtroom requests, and applications for clients.
- Insurance Litigation Legal Assistant at Tyson & Mendes
- Estate Planning Paralegal at Baddeley, Oliker & Sartori
- Criminal Defense/ Litigation Paralegal at The Law Offices of L. Stephen Turer
3 years at this Job
- Associates Degree - Paralegal Studies
Support attorneys and paralegals by performing administrative, clerical and accounting functions. Handle client relations; maintain firm's calendar; and produce documents involving litigation and subpoenas.
Key player in providing excellent client service and ensuring smooth internal operations. Contributions:
• Introduced color-coded system that made docket calendar more effective and user friendly.
• Increased efficiency within the Intake Legal Team regarding Notice of Service of Process by 50%.
• Draft and e-file Notice of Appearance and request Deposition.
• Managed a range of confidential records, processes and documents throughout legal proceedings such as litigation, settlement negotiations, depositions, mediations and pre-hearing conferences.
• Coordinated logistics and document preparation for court proceedings and meetings.
• Effectively managed high-volume workload of word processing assignments and court filings.
• Improved the organization and security of both paper and computerized files.
• Implemented new systems and safeguards to protect confidential client information and firm records.
• Ensured prompt responses to phone/email inquiries and displayed professionalism in all client interactions.
- Litigation Legal Assistant at Universal Property & Casualty Insurance Company
- Legal Assistant/Case Coordinator at FINRA
- Administrative Assistant at Severn Trent Services
- Human Resources Assistant & Guest Service Representative at Grayline New York
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Merchandising & Marketing - Merchandising & Marketing
Assistant to senior partner and two associate attorneys in an insurance defense law firm specializing in fraudulent personal injury matters for State Farm litigation cases. Duties include all phases of litigation from inception to completion, including knowledge of State and Federal Court rules, preparation and organization of trial documents, including law and motion pleadings, notices, trial documents, deposition prep and binders. Also responsible for creating pleading and discovery shells; responses to discovery, propounding discovery, preparing and formatting motions to compel, motions for summary judgment. Scheduling and set-up of depositions, mediations, arbitrations and Court Call appearances. Preparation of initial litigation budgets, expense reports, correspondence to clients, court personnel, arbitrators, mediators and experts.
- Hybrid Paralegal/Litigation Legal Assistant at MESSNER REEVES, LLP
- Legal Assistant/Litigation Secretary at HEWITT & TRUSZKOWSKI
- Contract - Litigation Secretary at LANDEGGER BARON LAW GROUP
- Contract Legal Secretary/Paralegal at ADAMS & MARTIN
2 years, 1 month at this Job
• Work on voluminous matters in a very faced-paced litigation practice.
• Perform high-volume e-filing; prepare documents to submit to court.
• Coordinate various types of depositions and schedule motion hearings, including extensive correspondence with opposing counsel, other parties, courts and court reporting services.
- Litigation Legal Assistant/Paralegal at Gaebe, Mullen, Antonelli, & DiMatteo
- Litigation Paralegal, Matrimonial & Divorce Law at Fisher Potter Hodas
- Zoning & Land Use Paralegal, Real Estate law at Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey, LLP
- Litigation Paralegal, Intellectual Property at Collen IP
3 months at this Job
- B.A. - Communications/Journalism
— Draft and file suits for 3 states (CO, NM, WA) - Data Entry such as Legal Filing, Legal Research, Skip tracing - Create, format Excel Spreadsheets - Sort and mail consumer documents - Collect, Set up Reoccurring payments from accounts - Sample, Audit collection accounts in database - Communicate with Attorneys, courts, process servers. - Train all team members on processes, create and update Standard operating procedures for all departments (Compliance, Suits & Filing, Garnishment, Affidavits, Accounting, Administration) - Supervise and assist in executing projects from all departments to Production team (Compliance, Suits & Filing, Garnishment, Affidavits, Accounting, Administration) - Help team stay Organized, manage their schedules, properly prioritizing tasks.
- Litigation Legal Assistant at Machol & Johannes LLC. Attorneys at Law
- Administrative Assistant at MetaSource Mortgage Services
- Clerical Support Specialist III, Admissions at Denver Health Medical Center
- Cash handling - cashier at Target Shopping Center
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- License - Cosmetology
• Supporting multiple attorneys in criminal, commercial, and health care litigation.
• Maintaining calendars, e-filing in State and Federal Courts, preparing documents for filing, preparing hearing and deposition binders, assisting with trial preparation, maintaining workspaces in FileSite, maintaining contacts, prepare client intake documents and conflict checks.
• Assisting attorneys with social events on-site and Seminars held off-site.
• Assisting clients with questions and concerns regarding various aspects of their case.
• Participate in Holiday Committee and Shutts Tampa Charity Committee, planning and participating in many holiday events in office and charity events, including A Kids Place, Brandon, Elves for Elders (Hillsborough County Bar Association), Making Strides Tampa, and Metropolitan Ministries.
- Litigation Legal Assistant at Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Litigation Legal Assistant at Drinker Biddle & Reath, LLP
4 years, 7 months at this Job