Conkle Kremer and Engle -- Contract Assignment: Preparation of pleadings for filing with court; efiling of documents, calendaring, Discovery, Time Matters for billing, TABS for billing LITIGATION SECRETARY Rains Lucia Stern St. Phalle & Silver, PC - Contract Assignment: Preparation of pleadings for filing with court; efiling of documents, calendaring, discovery, arbitration prep
- LITIGATION SECRETARY at
- LEGAL ASSISTANT at Paul Grand Attorney at Law
- WORD PROCESSOR (DOCUMENT SPECIALIST) at Proskauer Rose, LLP
- PARALEGAL at Diedre Wachbrit, APC
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- B.A. - Speech/Drama/English
Litigation Secretary. Appeals, Bankruptcy, business litigation, labor & employment, contracts. Support three partners including head of litigation team. Deposition and trial preparation. Personal and professional calendar management. E-filing in state and federal court. Overtime when needed.
- Litigation Secretary at SHULMAN HODGES & BASTIAN, LLP
- Litigation Secretary at HOLLINS LAW
- Legal Secretary at Construction Defect and Civil Business Litigation
- Litigation Assistant at SPRINGEL & FINK, LLP
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- High school
arena. My tested typing speed is 6 0+ wpm. I am proficient in the following computer programs: ProLaw, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPerfect, Legal Solutions, Essential Forms, Abacus Law, PACER, CM/ECF Filing system and, Westlaw. Garrett & Tully, P.C., Westlake Village, CA December 2016 - July 2018 Litigation Secretary
- Litigation Secretary at Garrett & Tully, P.C
- Litigation Secretary at Everson LLP
- Litigation/Estate Planning Secretary at Hathaway, Perrett, Webster
- Trial Secretary at Cappello & Noel, LLP
1 year, 7 months at this Job
Various Locations in San Diego County San Diego County Served as a litigation secretary to several attorneys, handling the day-to-day assignments, in an Insurance Defense firm, specializing in Construction Defect claims. E-filed all pleadings and discovery documents. Updated and maintained all client files, including calendaring, on a regular basis.
- LITIGATION SECRETARY (Temporary Assignments) at San Diego County
- REALTOR at Realty One Group
- LEGAL SECRETARY at Morris Law Firm, APC
- OFFICE MANAGER /LEGAL SECRETARY at Cohen & Richardson, PC
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- LICENSE - PARALEGAL CERTIFICATE
3 Associates Civil litigation
- Litigation Secretary at LAWRENCE, BEACH, ALLEN & CHOI, PC
- temp on various assignments at
- Litigation Secretary at LEWIS, BRISBOIS, BISGAARD & SMITH LLP
- Litigation Secretary (Insurance Defense) at VEATCH, CARLSON, GROGAN & NELSON
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- High school diploma
Responsibilities included providing support to three litigation associates as well as backup secretary to for other litigation associates. My duties included, among other things:
• Primary responsibility was providing assistance to Special Counsel; preparation of correspondence, telephone communication with clients and interoffice personnel;
• Arranged meetings, telephone conferences as well as scheduling of depositions;
• Coordinated flight arrangements including hotel and airline reservations;
• Maintained and updated attorney calendar and client files;
• Entered attorney time; mail and file client bills;
• Extremely heavy dictaphone transcription; and
• Specialized in the preparation of all forms of pleadings, i.e., heavy input/revisions of memoranda of law, subpoenae, affidavits and other motion papers, including preparing exhibits and litigation backs, as well as notarization of documents.
- Litigation Secretary at Bryan Cave LLP
21 years, 1 month at this Job
- High school - Commercial Diploma
Defense and Commercial Litigation and Trial
• Responsibilities include calendar management for 4 attorneys utilizing Microsoft Outlook.
• Transcribe heavy dictation for partner who practices commercial litigation and trial.
• Draft and finalize correspondence and pleadings.
• Electronic filing of pleadings, in both Federal and State Courts
• Attorney timekeeping.
• Edit agreements.
• Additional responsibilities included administrative tasks such as paying vendor invoices, open and closing files, maintaining hard files and indices, and processing incoming mail and scanning/saving to NetDocuments.
- Litigation Secretary at Ahmad, Zavitsanos, Anaipakos, Alavi & Mensing
- Litigation Secretary at Royston Rayzor Vickery & Williams LLP
- Litigation Secretary at Gordon & Rees LLP
- Litigation Secretary - Defense and Commercial Litigation at Holland & Knight LLP
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree
- Training Certification
Provide temporary secretary support to various law firms such as Kutak Rock LLP, Traub Lieberman Straus & Strewsberry LLP and Murchison & Cumming, LLP. Prepare notices of depositions, demand for production of documents, deposition subpoenas, and draft shell responses to discovery documents, file and serve answers, oppositions, cross-complaints, etc., obtain deadline extensions and send confirming emails, prepare cover letters for signatures, arrange for meetings and depositions, coordinate conference rooms and court reporters, contact clients and set up meetings, calendar all deadline/hearing dates, and scan all documents to the various directories.
- LITIGATION SECRETARY at Traub Lieberman Straus & Strewsberry LLP and Murchison & Cumming, LLP
- Litigation Secretary at GIBBS GIDEN LOCHER TURNER SENET & WITTBRODT LLP
- Litigation Secretary at PARKER & COVERT LLP
- LITIGATION SECRETARY - Los Angeles at Aleshire & Wynder, LLP
8 months at this Job
- High school
Prepare correspondence, pleadings, discovery, table of contents and table of authorities.
● Coordinate court filings and service of process.
● Create and maintain litigation files and calendars for attorneys.
● Format and proofread court filings, contracts, and employment manuals. (3 weeks' notice has been given - my last day will be March 8, 2019)
- Litigation Secretary at Royse Law Firm
- Paralegal at MacConaghy & Barnier, PLC
- Paralegal at Goode, Hemme & Peterson
3 months at this Job
- Associates in History - History
- - Paralegal Certificate
As the Senior Litigation Secretary I work closely with trial attorney; my duties are to be involved in a wide variety of legal matters, ranging from case intake, discovery, disclosures, and mediations involving family or civil matters. I interview witnesses, prepare documents, request documents and things to be entered as evidence, I perform research regarding applicable law. Participate in Discovery, propounding and responding. Request and schedule hearings, prepare marital settlement agreements, Prepare Request for Orders regarding child custody and support, Prepare declarations in support of Request for Orders. I am also in charge of the civil litigation process in which I prepare motions, draft trial briefs, and prepare exhibit binders, witness' lists and various pleadings. I meet with clients and obtain related facts. I communicate with opposing Counsel and parties involved in litigation. Schedule motion hearings, subpoena documents, correspond with clients both in English and Spanish, and assign and supervise work load to other 5 staff members.
- Senior Litigation Secretary at James M. Meizlik, Esq
- Legal Secretary at James M. Meizlik, Esq
- Legal Assistant (Temporary Assignments) at Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles
- Personal Injury Legal Negotiator at Philip Acosta, Esq
9 years, 5 months at this Job
- - Small Business Management
- - Small Business Administration