Conkle Kremer and Engle -- Contract Assignment: Preparation of pleadings for filing with court; efiling of documents, calendaring, Discovery, Time Matters for billing, TABS for billing LITIGATION SECRETARY Rains Lucia Stern St. Phalle & Silver, PC - Contract Assignment: Preparation of pleadings for filing with court; efiling of documents, calendaring, discovery, arbitration prep
- LITIGATION SECRETARY at
- LEGAL ASSISTANT at Paul Grand Attorney at Law
- WORD PROCESSOR (DOCUMENT SPECIALIST) at Proskauer Rose, LLP
- PARALEGAL at Diedre Wachbrit, APC
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- B.A. - Speech/Drama/English
700 Northstar East Primary Focus: Insurance Defense 608 Second Avenue South Minneapolis, MN 55402 Litigation Secretary: Support to shareholders and others in fast-paced environment. Attorneys specialize in catastrophic litigation, arson, fraudulent claims investigation and coverage disputes. Responsibilities include drafting routine pleadings and correspondence and communicating with courts and clients. Maintain electronic and paper files, busy calendars and contact data base with attention to detail. Skilled with all types of service and filing, Minnesota state and federal courts, the Wisconsin Circuit Court and Iowa District Court. Type from dictation, assist with travel logistics (hotels, transportation, meeting rooms), for numerous out-of-state depositions. Mentored new staff. Mature, stable, self-motivated, independently thinking, team player who takes pride in high-quality work.
- Litigation Secretary at Hanson, Lulic & Krall, LLC
- Litigation Secretary at Rider Bennett, LLP
- Litigation Secretary at Malkerson, Gilliland, Martin, LLP
- Litigation Secretary at Foster, Waldeck, Lind & Sonnesyn, Ltd
13 years, 4 months at this Job
Company merged and became LeClairRyan
• Secretary for various attorneys over the years.
• Civil Litigation - Insurance Defense firm.
• Prepare and file State and some Federal court documents
• File maintenance and organization of pleadings, correspondence, and deposition transcripts
• Calendar deadlines and court appearances
• Relief reception coverage Shield & Smith Legal Secretary Insurance Defense firm in Los Angeles, CA Mills and Schroeder Legal Secretary Insurance Defense firm in Pasadena, CA
- Litigation Secretary at WRIGHT, ROBINSON, OSTHIMER & TATUM / LeCLAIRRYAN
27 years, 11 months at this Job
• I have temped as a legal secretary at various law firms throughout Sacramento; I currently am on an assignment working at a Labor and Employment firm supporting the partners and associates by maintaining their calendars; scheduling labor law training workshops for public entities/community colleges, counties and cities in Northern California;
• I recently completed a contract assignment doing litigation support for a partner at an Oil and Gas, Energy and Renewable Energy law firm working on a multi-million dollar arbitration hearing;
• I handle all aspects of legal and administrative secretarial duties;
• Handled the clients public filings (Notices) through the California Public Utilities Commission ("CPUC");
• maintain attorneys' calendars using Outlook;
• supported attorneys and their clients using ShareFile;
• transcription and editing of long contractual agreements, leases, documents, etcetera;
- Litigation Secretary at Various Temporary Jobs
- Legal Secretary at King Williams LLP
- Litigation Secretary at Various Temporary Jobs
- Litigation Secretary at Downey Brand LLP
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- High school - College prep (i.e., English, Math)
Summary of Legal Litigation secretarial work experience: Temporary/Contract assignments as a Legal Secretary with mid to large New York firms in a variety of legal practice areas such as patent prosecution, corporate, privacy and data, tax practice group, employment law and insurance defense. Some of the firms I've worked at, to name a few, are: DLA Piper US, LLP, Morrison Foerster, LLP, Orrick Herrington & Sutcliff, LLP, Dentons, LLP, Akin Gump Straus Hauer & Feld LLP, Kelley Drye & Warren, LLP, Baker Botts, LLP and HBO. LEGAL LITIGATION SECRETARY April 2015 - Present Temporary/Contract Assignments General Responsibilities include: Able to meet deadlines under pressure while working independently and in a team pod setting. Compose/revise reporting letters, engagement letters, (Kovel agreement letters for tax position), apply amendment edits to license agreements, power of attorneys (POAs), compose witness statement translations for Insurance defense position. Apply document markups, redlining and track changes to documents using compare share for multiple document comparisons. Calendaring - schedule domestic and international travel arrangements, booking airfare, hotel reservations, car service, Acela/Amtrak reservations and arrange lunch/deposition meetings and saving on Outlook Calendar. Daily time sheet entry for multiple attorneys. Conflict/new matter intake and change of data requests. Expense reports and check requests for reimbursements. Update and maintain client matter lists and contact lists in Interaction and Outlook contacts. Answer and manage incoming calls. Printing and distributing emails with attachments and scan/save incoming mail documents on iManage or DMS and scanning multiple documents and saving pdf's on sharepoint for paperless conversion. Qualified as notary.
- LEGAL LITIGATION SECRETARY at
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- - Liberal Arts
Secretary for three partners in small firm environment. Class action employment and general civil litigation practice in state, federal and appellate courts. Drafted, revised and finalized pleadings, discovery and correspondence; trial preparation; organized and maintained files and e-filing system, monthly client billing.
- Litigation Secretary at Gartenberg Gelfand Hayton
- Floater secretary at Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis
- Litigation/Administrative Secretary at Tucker Ellis & West
- Litigation Secretary at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- B.A. - General Legal Studies and Paralegal Certificate
3 Associates Civil litigation
- Litigation Secretary at LAWRENCE, BEACH, ALLEN & CHOI, PC
- temp on various assignments at
- Litigation Secretary at LEWIS, BRISBOIS, BISGAARD & SMITH LLP
- Litigation Secretary (Insurance Defense) at VEATCH, CARLSON, GROGAN & NELSON
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- High school diploma
• Provide support for attorney specializing in civil litigation, estate planning and real estate matters. Utilization of Massachusetts and Rhode Island Rules and Civil Procedures along with e-filing processing of documents.
- Litigation Secretary at Babanikas, Ziedman & King, P.C.
- Litigation Secretary at Lynch & Lynch, P.C.
- Temporary legal assistant at Robert Half and Beacon Hill Staffing
- Legal Assistant at Pond North, LLP
4 years, 10 months at this Job
Assisting one senior partner and two associates in this heavy litigation firm specializing in employment defense, business litigation, and civil litigation.
• Responsibilities include consistent following up on cases/various projects and calendaring, including follow through of case filings, status on cases, and reminders to attorneys, as well as various interactions with courts, clients, government offices, and opposing counsel on a variety of cases/issues, which includes daily preparation of discovery/pleadings, and matrices, State/Federal/Appellate filings (including e-filing) in all counties, preparation of TOCs/TOAs, calendaring, and Internet research, including Westlaw, LexisNexis, and Pacer, as well as other paralegal duties from time to time; and am very familiar with Legal Solutions, Case Anywhere, and One Legal.
- Litigation Secretary at CONSTANGY, BROOKS, SMITH & PROPHETE, LLP
- Litigation Secretary at MURTAUGH MEYER NELSON & TREGLIA LLP
- Litigation Secretary at GORDEE, NOWICKI & AUGUSTINI, LLP
- CONTRACT LITIGATION SECRETARY/PARALEGAL at Various Law Firms
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Political Science
• Responsible for calendaring all events in the litigation process; motion deadlines; trial and pre-trial dates; discovery deadlines, case management conferences, all of which are critical to the day-to-day management of the cases for which attorneys are responsible.
• Prepare for trial by assisting paralegals and attorneys with motion in limine, statement of the case, exhibits lists, proposed jury instructions, jury questionnaires, and verdict forms.
• Prepare shells for attorneys in the preparation for all motions, discovery and trial documents.
• File pleadings in the following courts using electronic filing (Lexis and Pacer) when mandated: California County Superior Courts, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and Multi District Litigation (MDL).
• Assist in multiple, concurrent projects and tasks; interface well with a diverse group of peers and employees; meet deadlines.
- Litigation Secretary at Pond North, LLP
- Litigation Secretary at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Litigation Secretary - Contract Assignments at Employment Law and Insurance Defense
- Legal Secretary at Bassi Edlin Huie & Blum, LLP
9 months at this Job
- - Family Law Boot Camp
- - Paralegal Certificated