Mount Laurel, NJ
(NYSE: PHH) PHH Mortgage Corporation, a subsidiary of PHH Corporation is one of the largest non-bank originators
and servicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides value-added mortgage solutions to wealth management firms, banks, credit unions, real estate companies, relocation professionals and directly to
consumers. Litigation Specialist 06/2015 to Current
• Responsible for representing the Company's interest in contested litigations.
• Display independent judgment, authority and discretion to identify possible course of actions as it relates to each matter.
• Cost effectively manage a national portfolio of affirmative and defensive litigation at the state and federal level.
• Achieve timely and cost effective resolution to foreclosure litigated matters including loss mitigation/reinstatement options, settlement or completion of the foreclosure process.
• Assisting more senior counsel in the management of more complex or otherwise escalated agency or other regulatory/attorney general/US Attorney inquiries and/or subpoenas.
• Assessing and responding to routine and non-routine complaints, petitions and other pleadings.
• Preparation of discovery and assisting in the identification and preparation of appropriate business witnesses for depositions, mediations, trials, hearings and other appearances. Appearing when necessary.
• Engagement and management of outside counsel and review and approve for payment of their legal bills.
• Providing legal and drafting assistance to the business and outside counsel in responding to routine customer complaints, inquiries/subpoenas.
• Ensures that pleadings, discovery requests/responses, hearing(s), and trial(s), are filed/scheduled timely.
• Point of Contact for assistance of multiple departments within Company and firms.
• Diligently follow up on all outstanding requests and telephone calls from internal and external partners.
• Proactively address potential loss exposure issues to ensure recourse is protected and initiated against prior services, vendors or third parties.
- Litigation Specialist at PHH MORTGAGE CORPORATION
- Operations Coordinator Asbestos Abatement Company at ABATETECH, INC
- Supervisor of Document Execution and Compensatory Fee Department at PHH MORTGAGE CORPORATION
- Foreclosure Processor/ Litigation Department Legal Assistant & Supervisor at PHELAN HALLINAN & SCHMEIG, LLC
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts
I have been working by telecommute as a Litigation Specialist/Paralegal a Law Firm in Douglasville, GA for the past three months.This is a great job but low volume as this is a one attorney office. I have investigated numerous claims and handled settlement negotiations of numerous claims ranging from $7,500 to $110,000 and can provide documentation of my work if needed. This involved claims with most of the major P&C insurance carriers. Willing to relocate: Anywhere Authorized to work in the US for any employer
- Litigation Specialist/Paralegal at Embry Law Firm
- Senior Claims Adjuster at Franklin Insurance Adjusters
- Church Staff at New Beginnings Covenant Church
- Pastor at Brownsville Assembly of God
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts Degree - Religion
- Associate Degree - Business Administration
I am dedicated to commercial bankruptcy and high-risk large exposure litigation cases.
• I manage fluid portfolio from conception to termination, reviews for financial relief, recovery of assets and effectuate judgment enforcement.
• I identify UCC and title perfection within loan and lease products in order to negotiate treatment in bankruptcies and develop strategies in litigation.
• I effectively manage multiple time sensitive projects in a fast-paced environment.
• I have the ability to learn new processes and I welcome change.
- Litigation Specialist at BMOHarris
- at Wells Fargo
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- certificate of completion
•Support day-to-day management of client initiatives that impact the Foreclosure, Bankruptcy and Post Sale departments.
•Monitor accounts identified as high risk/litigation/title issues; recommend and help facilitate appropriate course of action to mitigate potential exposure.
•Serve as liaison between clients, upper management and attorneys.
•Prepare and distribute monthly management and executive reports.
•Assist management in the creation and finalization of client Statements of Work.
•Attend client meetings and provide updates for late stage default.
•Attend state/county hearings or mediations.
•Participate in off-site due diligence reviews.
•Periodically assess policies and procedures and advise management on improvement opportunities.
•Complete daily time tracking; ensure information is provided to guarantee client billing for all non-routine items and requests.
- Litigation Specialist at Cenlar FSB
- Paralegal at Frank J. Martone, P.C
- Paralegal at RAS Citron, LLC
- Junior Paralegal at Frenkel, Lambert, Weiss, Weisman & Gordon LLP
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Public Administration - International Relations
Review and summarize defense reports including status and pre-trial documentation. Facilitate monthly legal staff meetings and roundtables with senior management and defense counsel. Review and summarize medical records. Coordinate and incorporate expert consultation summary. Continuous monitoring of open cases reviewing at diary for potential settlement or litigation strategy. including proper reserving based on the nature of the claim Investigate possible instances of insurance fraud and report to SIU when warranted. Interview all parties involved, conduct more extensive investigation as needed for litigation procedures and defense to include analyze and evaluate extent of injury and loss, liability, comparative negligence and subrogation potential and create a course of action. Review liability, exposure, reserves, and liability defenses including discussion with management on high complex cases. Attend depositions, mediations, settlement conferences Negotiates settlement of litigated, high-value, complex liability and bodily injury claims in the most expedient and cost effective manner.
- Litigation Specialist at Mercury Insurance Group
- Claims Supervisor at Mercury Insurance Group
8 years, 4 months at this Job
• Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate in order to drive quality results in a time/production-based environment.
• Review and understand all pleadings related to the foreclosure proceeding and work with counsel to ensure that requests are met timely to drive results and mitigate impediments.
• Process and manage litigation inclusive of but not limited to Contested Answers, Affirmative Defenses, Motions to Dismiss, Motions to Vacate, Counterclaims, Cross Claims, Discovery Requests, Mediation Hearings, etc.
• Display a working knowledge CFPB and FDCPA rules and regulations as well as RESPA requests, TRO's and QWR's.
• Ensure that all deadlines are met with urgency and precision
• Identify risk and evaluate all potential avenues for resolution while adhering to all applicable state/federal laws.
- Litigation Specialist at Marinosci Law Group
- Litigation Paralegal at Borum & Hancock, LLP
- Foreclosure Paralegal at Nationstar Mortgage
- Foreclosure Paralegal at Nationstar Mortgage
2 years, 7 months at this Job
Review complaint filed by Insured, respond to complaints and list affirmative defenses, assign defense counsel to matters. Review claim file to establish litigation strategy and to set budgets. Oversee defense counsel handling of claim, by approving budgets, determining when to file Motions, setting hearings, responding to opposing counsel request. Negotiating claims upon completion of discovery. Serving as a Corporate Representatives at depositions and trial. Managing case load of 65 plus pending files, and 30 plus Corporate Representative files, settling and closing 7 plus files per month, reviewing peer files that I am Corporate Representative on determining if files should be settled or to continue litigating.
- Litigation Specialist at Citizens Property Insurance Corporation
- PROPERTY DESK ADJUSTER at FRONTLINE INSURANCE
- LIABILITY ADJUSTER at STATEFARM INSURANCE
- LIABILITY ADJUSTER at GEICO
9 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
Manage caseload of litigated and non-litigation large loss liability claims; conduct coverage reviews and draft coverage position letters and claim denial letters; interview insureds, claimants, and witnesses; report suspicious claims to SIU; draft upper management reports; participate in Round Table discussions; manage outside defense counsel; negotiate settlements and draft settlement agreements; attend settlement conferences, mediations, and arbitrations; coordinate coverage time on risk with other insurance carriers.
- LITIGATION SPECIALIST at CSE Insurance Group
- REGULATORY COMPLIANCE ATTORNEY at First Mercury Financial Corporation
- Senior Claims Specialist at First Mercury Financial Corporation
- CLAIMS ATTORNEY/CLAIMS DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR at HCC Public Risk Claims Service
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- JURIS DOCTORATE
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - PUBLIC RELATIONS
- ASSOCIATE - LIBERAL ARTS
• Professionally handles incoming client requests via phone, ensuring that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly.
• Reviews account management systems for up to date account information in litigation status.
• Provides quality support in the areas of handling questions, troubleshooting, and account assistance.
• Administers First Call Resolution to clients.
• Designates new legal files to the attorney network or in-house negotiators.
• Communicates with other departments as client advocates to ensure resolution.
• Explores innovative ways to better the product and improve the customer experience.
• Provides innovative feedback to management to continue to improve the department and processes.
- Litigation Specialist at Strategic Financial Solutions LLC
- Gap Sales Associate at
- at Food Bank for New York City
- Volunteer at TADA Youth Theater
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Psychology
• Managing 300+ files.
• Conducting limited Discovery.
• Conducting Bill Gathers.
• Drafting Witness List/ and Case Eval Summaries.
• Prepared Attorneys for Hearings.
• Trial Preparation.
• Conducting new client meetings and set up claims.
• Mediated between clients and insurance adjusters.
• Ordered records in preparation for litigation.
• Monitored payments of PIP benefits.
• Scheduling for all court appearances, depositions, facilitation, arbitration and mediation.
• E filing in the Michigan Mifile system.
• Monitoring and Calendaring Discovery and Motion response due dates.
• Providing general assistance to the attorney on my team.
- Litigation Specialist at Applebaum & Stone Law Firm
- Administrative Coordinator /Office Manager at Detroit Training Center
2 years at this Job
- Associates - Paralegal Studies