Began at South State Bank as a Wholesale Mortgage Loan Underwriter. Once South State Bank closed their Wholesale Division, I transferred to Retail Mortgage Loan Underwriter. In this capacity, I reviewed FNMA Conventional Loans as well as South State Bank In House Conventional Loans which also included Lot Loans and Construction/Permanent Loans.
- Mortgage Loan Underwriter at South State Bank
- Mortgage Loan Underwriter at Wells Fargo Bank
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Loan underwriter responsible for underwriting conventional, FHA and VA first mortgages across the United States. Responsibilities included entering conditions and issuing approval letter at initial underwrite, reviewing conventional appraisals, reviewing conditions, issuing final approval and issuing adverse action notices.
- Mortgage Loan Underwriter I at BOKF, Inc
- Mortgage Loan Underwriter at Landmark National Bank
- Mortgage Grant Underwriter at Federal Home Loan Bank
- Team Lead-Consumer Direct (KS) at US Bank-Consumer Direct (KS)
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Diploma in Medical Billing - Medical Billing/Insurance
- Associate of Applied Science degree - Law
Seasoned professional with more than fifteen years of experience in lending and banking. Leverages prime and sub-prime industry experience with deep knowledge of product guidelines and investor overlays to efficiently produce investment quality loans. IBERIABANK Mortgage |Baton Rouge, LA Mortgage Loan Underwriter (2017 - Present) Frontline underwriter for FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, Bond, and CRA loan programs. Responsible for initial and final credit decisions with adherence to agency guidelines, investor overlays and exception policy. Manages pipeline and communicates frequently with sales and processing staff regarding loan progress and target dates.
- Mortgage Loan Underwriter at IBERIABANK Mortgage
- Mortgage Loan Underwriter at GMFS, LLC
- Personal Banker, II at JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A
- Mortgage Loan Underwriter (4C) at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
2 years at this Job
- High school
I started my position at Cap Com as a teller and held several positions through the years, each one making advancements to my present postion of Loan Underwriter. Every department I worked in required excellence in customer service and extensive product knowledge. I have the ability to prioritize my duties, communicate with my peers, follow detail and direction and also assist in the training and mentoring of new employees. My position requires excellent phone and people skills, recognizing the needs of others and provide solutions. Over the past 32 years, I have been reconized many times for the service I provide others and my dedication to my department, my peers and my job. In my current position as loan underwriter, it is crucial to recognize a good loan, to know the economy, trends, credit reports, and have a good read on people, in order to keep my company from taking a loss. Determined whether loans up to $250,000 should be approved, declined or counter-offered. Evaluated financial, income and credit documentation to make loan decisions. Reviewed titles, insurance coverage and both automatic and calculated appraisals for loan property. Researched and resolved customer issues on personal savings, checking and lines of credit accounts. Interviewed customers to determine reasons for delinquency, source of income, and next pay date to build solutions for financial issues.
- Consumer Loan Underwriter at Capital Communications FCU
32 years, 11 months at this Job
Microsoft Office/Suite proficient Reviews and evaluating borrower(s) profile including but not limited to all income documentation, credit reports, asset documentation, Current knowledge of preliminary title report & appraisals. underwriting and credit risk principles. Working knowledge of consumer credit policies and procedures Independent worker with Interviewing applicants for Auto Loan requests and managing the loan strong time management process including: due diligence, underwriting, structuring, loan skills. approval and loan closing Highly organized Analyzed client financial statements and calculated financial ratios to determine their repayment ability Excellent communication skills (written and oral) Collected financial statements, signed promissory notes, Title work and power of attorney documentation Great interpersonal skills Manage receivables and collections of current and delinquent accounts Experience structuring and underwriting loans Sent mailing notifications such as notices for collections, request for updated information and right to cure notifications Familiar with the auto finance industry and consumer credit Facilitated in collection of Insurance claims (documents, picture and report proof loss) and collection of insurance payments Ability to respond with Monitoring and maintaining of collection and following up on calls, flexibility to changing needs emails, account adjustments and recovering balance write offs Robert Half Agency, Bethlehem, PA - Loan Underwriter -
- Loan Underwriter/Finance Manager at JD Byrider
8 months at this Job
Goal oriented professional with over 10 years of extensive experience in underwriting, consumer loans and mortgage lending. Proven ability to function in changing environments while meeting and exceeding production
goals and providing exceptional customer service.
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Rancho Cordova, CA (October 2016 to December 2018)
Mortgage Loan Underwriter
• Approve or deny loans based on investor or agency guidelines and overlays.
• Examine overall loan documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness are within guidelines.
• Analyze loan to value ratio, debt to income ratio, credit report, application, income and asset documentation, appraisal, etc., to ensure each loan meets secondary market, investor and company standards.
• Communicate clearly with loan processing staff and loan officers in order to procure appropriate information necessary to finalize incomplete loan packages.
• Remain current with any changes in loan underwriting and industry guidelines.
• Closely review documentation to identify possible fraud or misrepresentation along with maintaining an understanding of the Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, FACTA
• Confirm that system input is accurate and Company system matches the automated underwriting system.
• Ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures, all regulatory and government standards, guidelines, rules and regulations, applicable state regulatory authorities, and applicable federal, state, and/or local ordinances, administrative regulations and statutes.
- Mortgage Loan Underwriter at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
- Mortgage Loan Originator at DHI Mortgage a DR Horton Company
- Consumer Loan Underwriter at First Tech Federal Credit Union
- Assistant Branch Manager at First Tech Federal Credit Union
2 years, 2 months at this Job
Seasoned commercial credit professional -- diligent & resourceful -- with broad-based experience in credit/risk analysis, loan underwriting and portfolio management. Currently working temporary assignments. Sawyer Savings Bank, Highland, NY 12/2015 - 12/2016 Commerical Loan Underwriter Underwrite commercial real estate mortgages and business loans.
- Commerical Loan Underwriter at Sawyer Savings Bank
- Temporary assignments at UPS
- Senior Credit Analyst at Realogy Corp
- Real Estate Analyst at THE BANK OF NEW YORK, White Plains
1 year at this Job
- M.A. - Economics
- B.A. - Economics
Underwriter, using fraud tool to identify fraud accounts using quick judgment to work quickly and effectively through accounts. Master of Excel, Word, Sales Force, Clear, Wordnumber and, Giact Using several diffent systems to process accounts. Data entry
- Loan Underwriter at LendingPoint
- PetsHotel Manager at PetSmart
- Animal Care Technician at Emory University
- Stage Manager at The Basment theater
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Associates - Computer Systems & Programing
- High school or equivalent
August 2014 - October 2018
National Underwriting and Production Risk Management - National Decisioning Services
Consumer Loan Underwriter V
Responsible for the evaluation and layering of risk by reviewing, analyzing and underwriting large and complex individual consumer requests for products within company with industry guidelines. Manage decisioning disputes escalated by Senior Leadership, Sales and Fulfillment.
Communicate with internal partner and external customers to gather information to make appropriate and fully informed risk evaluations and decisions for all loan types. Provided clarification of policies and procedures for transaction underwriters to reduce financial, compliance and operational risks.
• Responsible for credit and compliance exceptions, underwriting high risk VA residential mortgage transactions and FHA loans with credit score less than 640.
• Reviewing loans declined by fulfillment for potential restructure and approval.
• Perform advanced income analysis including review of self-employment, corporate, and partnership tax returns for cash flow analysis.
• Provide policy and exception training to lower level team members, sales and fulfillment; including performance feedback on underwriting deficiencies to management.
- Consumer Loan Underwriter V at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
- Consumer Loan Underwriter IV at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
- Internal Policy Analyst III at Commonwealth of Kentucky - Financial Management Branch
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Accounting - Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
-Prepare credit memos detailing risk assessment findings that contribute to lending decisions. -Analyze relevant market and industry risk. -Package loan documents for submission to SBA. -Analyze overall credit profile and financial strength of each borrower. -Work with bankers to strategize loan presentation
- Loan Underwriter at LiftFund
- Investment Support Sr Specialist II at JP Morgan Securities LLC
- Collections Counselor at Southwest Business Corporation
- Volunteer at Gilbert Garza Community Center
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- MBA - Finance
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Finance