Job Summary: Responsible for the scheduling of all inbound & outbound freight.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Have a clear understanding of all department procedures as defined by Quality Management System.
· Work with production manager and customer service to schedule all orders for delivery.
· Provide answers to customer inquiries related to order status, ship dates and delivery times.
· Understand and use Vantage to monitor current and future shipping schedules.
· Schedule loads to maximize board footage on trailers.
· Obtain quotes to determine most cost effective way to ship freight.
· Print all necessary paper work for all orders. Sales Order Acknowledgement, Packing Slips, Etc.
· Adjust shipping documents as needed.
· Verify ship to address is correct.
· Reconcile freight cost and approve invoices for payment.
· Schedules in-house deliveries and coordinates with external freight and logistic companies.
· Help resolve complaints and equipment problems.
· Oversee tractor trailer maintenance schedule, annual certification inspections, tires, brakes, lights, etc.
· Notify trucking company if any incoming freight is damaged and file proper paperwork.
· Notify purchasing or appropriate person of incoming freight.
· Maintain appropriate electronic and paper files.
· Knowledge of DOT regulations that pertain to shipping EPS.
· Recognize and adhere to best practices for safety.
· Performs any other functions and responsibilities as assigned.
· Manages truck drivers and all others within area of focus (as assigned by GM).
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
· Prior experience in a manufacturing / industrial environment preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Must be fluent in the English language, both written and spoken.
· Must be able to use simple math and use basic hand held measuring tools
· General Safety
· Quality System Awareness
· Basic computer skills.
· Knowledge of DOT regulations.
· Light to moderate physical effort required including sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, climbing steps.
· Must be able to deal with stressful situations in a professional manor.