Dispensing pharmacist for long term care pharmacy
- Long Term Care Pharmacist at Omnicare a CVS Health company
- Clinical Pharmacist Research Department at Reliant Medical Group Part of OptumCare
- Adjunct Faculty at Reliant Medical Group Part of OptumCare
- Clinical Pharmacist at Dovetail Health- an Optum Company
2 months at this Job
- Doctor of Pharmacy - Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Psychology
Verified a high-volume of prescription orders in an accurate and timely manner; clarified prescription orders by telephone with long-term care staff which involve pharmacy-related issues (e.g., duplicate therapy, contraindications, allergies, drug interactions, high/low dose, alternative therapy, lab monitoring per company protocol of specific medications); and answered drug information questions for long-term care staff by telephone.
- LONG-TERM CARE PHARMACIST at OMNICARE
- COMMUNITY PHARMACIST at TOM JONES PHARMACY
- COMMUNITY PHARMACIST at HARDY-WHITE PHARMACIES
- LONG-TERM CARE PHARMACIST at PHARMERICA
7 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Pharmacy Practice Residency
- B.S. - Pharmacy
• Order entry and order verification
• Trained and supervised newly hired pharmacists and pharmacy technicians
• Entered and verified all IV medications for long term care patients
• Verified dosing on all IV medication utilizing the most up to date resources available
• Answered questions regarding dosing, frequency and administration sites for IV medications
• Order entry for total parenteral nutrition (TPN) orders
• Generation of a TPN calculator that calculates daily nutrition needs, vitamins, and adjusts nutrition based on patient demographic information
- Long Term Care Pharmacist at ValueRX Pharmacy
- Long Term Care Pharmacist at Hudson Regional LTC Pharmacy
- Staff Pharmacist at The Medicine Shoppe
- Staff Pharmacist at Rite Aid Pharmacy
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Doctor of Pharmacy - Pharmacy
• Reviewed prescription orders for accuracy and appropriateness and critiqued drug utilization reviews to ensure accurate, effective, and safe drug therapy for patients.
• Assisted facility/agency staff personnel with procedures relating to safe and effective methods of procuring, maintaining, administering, and disposing of drugs.
• Provided consulting services and clinical support to other healthcare providers.
• Recognize for my efficiency and consistently met and exceeded productivity goals.
• Supervise technicians, inventory, and pharmacy operations.
• Dispense medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
• Answer questions and requests made by health care professionals.
• Comply with state and federal drug laws.
• Provided specialized services to help patients manage conditions such as diabetes, asthma, smoking cessation and high blood pressure.
• Displayed patient-oriented and comprehensive clinical pharmacy services and pharmaceutical care.
• Complied with all federal laws, company policies and procedures and state regulations regarding intern, technician and assistant training and licensure.
- Long Term Care Pharmacist at Care One Pharmacy
- Staff Pharmacist at CVS
- Pharmacy Intern at CVS
- Pharmacy Intern at Walgreens
1 month at this Job
- MPH - PHPP
- Associate in Science
- Provide data entry and verification of new and refill prescriptions - Screen all new medication orders for appropriate dose, drug interactions, allergies and contraindications prior to medication dispensing - Perform and verify proper dispensing of medications in Parata, MTS blister cards, and bottles - Collaborate with providers and caregivers to maximize patient-centered pharmaceutical care - Assist in the proper ordering, handling, receiving, documentation, and storage of all controlled substances
- Consultant/Long Term Care Pharmacist at St. James Long Term Care Pharmacy
- Consultant Pharmacist at Sonoran Pharmacy Consultants
- Veterinary Compounding Pharmacist at Roadrunner Pharmacy
- Consultant Pharmacist at PharMerica
2 years at this Job
- Doctor of Pharmacy - Pharmacy
- B.S. - Chemistry
I have several years of long-term care pharmacy experience, providing care to assisted-living, long-term care, and hospice patients.
- Long-term Care Pharmacist at Medical Park Pharmacy, LLC
- Inpatient Staff Pharmacist at Cabell Huntington Hospital (October 2016 to present ) and St. Mary's Medical Center (2004-2015)
- Specialty Pharmacist at CompreCare Specialty Pharmacy
- Consultant Pharmacist at St. Mary's Medical Center
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor's degree in pharmacy - pharmacy
- - pharmacy
- Took part in the quarterly Quality Assurance (QA) Meetings. - Assisted the Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee in developing standing order protocols. - Assured that the pharmaceuticals stored within each medication storage area. - Analyzed appropriate assignments for drug choice, dosage, administration and possible interactions. - Recommended generic substitution and therapeutic changes. - Managed the work flow of the pharmacy's daily operations. - Verified contents and accuracy of labels and packaging for all orders. - Maintained Controlled Substance log against inventory. Retail Pharmacist CVS 2007-2010 Marlboro, MD - Dispensed prescriptions by adhering to standard operating procedures. - Performed receiving, filling, dispensing, logging and maintaining loss prevention controls. - Counseled on both prescription medications and over the counter medications. - Assured that all control drug policies and procedures are followed - Prepared preparation of liquid medicines, ointments, powders, tablets and other medications - Compounded prescribed medicines and packages and labeled them. - Preserved vaccines, serums and other drugs subject to deterioration. - Presented advice and information on the use and effects of medications - Interpreted and filled physicians' prescriptions for customers on a daily basis. - Verified all patient information before filling a prescription. - Performed order entry of prescriptions into the required pharmacy database.
- Long Term Care Pharmacist at Old Court Pharmacy
- Clinical Pharmacist at
- Pharmacist Kaiser Permanente at Ambulatory
- Retail Pharmacist at Rite Aid
13 years at this Job
- BS - Accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
• Interpreted and evaluated physician orders for accuracy and appropriateness with attention to detail
• Clarified prescriptions with consultation from medical staff or caregivers
• Completed tasks using strong time management skills by strategic planning and organizing
• Adjusted workflow process to achieve timely goals, working independently or with others
• Stayed focused under pressure
• Identified root problem in potential errors and recommended modified procedures
- Long Term Care Pharmacist at NORTHERN PHARMACY SPECIAL CARE
- Staff Pharmacist at WALGREENS
- Pharmacy Manager at KAISER PERMANENTE
- Pharmacy Manager at WAL-MART PHARAMCY
2 years, 6 months at this Job
• Verify prescriptions for accuracy and appropriateness
• Supervision of pharmacy staff in a high-volume pharmacy to ensure efficient workflow and productivity
• Managing patient's medications using the Medication On Time adherence packaging system
• Assist in the development of procedures to help optimize medication safety, as well as maintaining efficient workflow in the pharmacy
• Assistance with inventory management of controlled substances
• Enforcement of state and federal laws regarding dispensing of controlled substances
• Provide medication services to geriatric patients residing in assisted living facilities, as well as geriatric patients living independently
• Provide medication services to patients of multiple PACE organizations
• Assist in the accurate maintenance of a 340B inventory
• Counseling of patients on their medication regimens to ensure safe and effective treatment
• Work closely with nurses and prescribers at assisted living facilities and PACE organizations to ensure the best possible medication outcomes for high-need patient populations
- Long Term Care Pharmacist at Eaton Apothecary
- PHARMACY INTERN at EATON APOTHECARY/CVS HEALTH
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- DOCTOR OF PHARMACY
Responsibilities Check and monitor the work of the technicians in the preparation and dispensing of all medications and supplies before they leave the department. This includes but not limited to patient unit dose medications, IVs including antibiotics, IVIG, chemotherapy, hydration, TPN, inotropes, and others based on USP 797 and 800 guidelines Provide initial dosing on consult generated to pharmacy by physicians for areas including antibiotics, pain medications, IV and anticoagulation. Provide pharmacokinetics drug monitoring for patients on Vancomycin and aminoglycosides Prepack non -unit dose bulk items. Collaborate effectively with all health care disciplines to facilitate patient outcomes based on safe pharmacy practices. Review prescription orders for accuracy and appropriateness and critique drug utilization reviews to ensure accurate, effective and safe drug therapy for patients. Assist facility/agency staff personnel with procedures relating to safe and effective methods of procuring, maintaining, administering and disposing of drugs in accordance to federal and state regulations. Provide clinical support to other healthcare providers, offering renal and hepatic dose consults. Efficiently and consistently meet and exceed productivity goals. Effectively and accurately process a high volume of prescriptions to reach processing goal count, approximately 60 per hour with a scarcity of error. Provide recommendations and clarifications regarding drug dosing, formulations and interactions, including specialty medications used in geriatrics and physiological rehabilitation, via phones and faxes to physicians and healthcare organizations Review and interpret labs results and offer patient-specific recommendations Supervise pharmacy technicians CVS Health - Charles Town, WV: Pharmacy Manager. Responsibilities: Built a profitable business by script growth through recommended clinical programs including appropriate immunizations and Medication Therapy Management, Smoking Cessation and all other programs. Interacted with physicians and utilized reference material to gain information on customers and prescriptions and resolved any issues that arise. Trained, coached, and managed all the staff pharmacy, pharmacy interns and other associates in the pharmacy, assuming responsibility over the entire pharmacy. Prioritized pharmacy department task and followed through to ensure all task were completed in a timely manner, including but not limited to cycle counts, inventory management and will calls to customers Ensured the accuracy and appropriateness of all prescriptions filled by completing Drug Utilization Review and final Quality Assurance applicable to state and federal board of pharmacy. Complied with all federal and laws and regulations, maintained appropriate security of the pharmacy and kept it clean and in order. Ensured excellent customer experience by all pharmacy team Accomplishments The most impact that I made was winning loyalty, I grew in scripts (22,000 to 24,000 per week Over 6 months) and improved the way we deliver care to both our customers and our colleagues. All assigned tasks were performed in a safe manner consistent with CVS Corporate policies and Federal laws. All prescriptions were accurately and appropriately filled by completing DUR and final Quality Assurance, applicable to state and federal Board of Pharmacy regulations. I built a profitable business and script growth through recommended clinical programs including appropriate immunizations, MTM and all ongoing programs as identified. I provided excellent customer service by assisting customers with medication-related questions and giving them the needed counseling at the appropriate time CVS Health- Martinsburg, WV: Staff Pharmacist. Responsibilities Assisted the pharmacy manager in managing the day to day running of the pharmacy, operational excellence, and strategic initiatives. Maintain appropriate security of the pharmacy and complied with federal and state laws and regulations. Ensured the appropriateness of all prescriptions filled by completing Drug Utilization Review and final Quality Assurance applicable to state and federal board of Pharmacy regulations Provided excellent customer service by assisting customers with their medical related issues and providing health care counseling
- Long Term Care Pharmacist /Pharmacy Manager at CVS Health/ Omnicare
- Pharmacist in charge at Rite Aid Pharmacy
- Hospital Pharmacist, District Pharmacist and the Managing Director at Independent Pharmacy
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Pharmacy - Pharmacy