Loss Prevention Investigator that developed an award-winning shrink awareness culture in a high-shrink location. Developed innovative strategies for store employees to increase their shrink awareness. Trained store personnel in effective communication with customers while identifying potential shoplifters using non-verbal behaviors, then to effectively interact with them to prevent loss and increase sales. These strategies resulted in a 45% decrease in store total Shrink for FY' 2017 and earned Shopko's 2017 Shrink Awareness Award on behalf of the store and was listed in the company top 20 Loss Prevention employees in regard to number of detentions and total amount of recovery dollars at the end of FY'2018.
- Loss Prevention Investigator at Shopko, Inc
- Presentation Team Member at Target, Inc
- Textbook Department Assistant at Central Oregon Community College
- Campus Public Safety Officer at Central Oregon Community College
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. - General Science
- A.S. - Biology
As a Carowinds Loss Prevention Investigator, I Interacted with our guests and made their day amazing through meaningful connections, while maintaining professionalism. Officers were also tasked with maintaining the parks safety. These tasks are detailed as: -interviewing suspects -preventing employee theft -overseeing in-park financial transactions daily -conducting random pocket checks and stand audits -conducting compliance audits on suspects -in-park undercover work -monitoring park surveillance -constant interacting with park guests -securing the bank, safe and tellers at close
As a Carowinds Loss Prevention Investigator, I Interacted with our guests and made their day amazing through meaningful connections, while maintaining professionalism. Officers were also tasked with maintaining the parks safety. These tasks are detailed as:
-preventing employee theft
-overseeing in-park financial transactions daily
-conducting random pocket checks and stand audits
-conducting compliance audits on suspects
-in-park undercover work
-monitoring park surveillance
-constant interacting with park guests
-securing the bank, safe and tellers at close
- Loss Prevention Investigator at Cedar Fair
- Mentor at D.A.R.E.
- Judicial Intern at Mecklenburg County Courthouse
- TOUR GUIDE & INSTRUCTOR, ZIPLINE HILTON HEAD at Zipline Hilton Head
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Criminal Justice
- - Entrepreneurship
- Regional Loss Prevention Investigator at Nordstrom
- Employee Training Coordinator at Cracker Barrel
- Intern at Victim Witness Unit
- Skill Trainer at Cracker Barrel
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Criminal Justice Administration
- Bachelor's - Criminal Justice
• Controlled shrink by effectively training loss prevention investigator personnel in corporate programs concerning external and internal theft. By effectively implementing corporate programs, I was able to reduce commodity shrink from 3.5% to commodity shrink to 2.6% in a months' time.
• Developed and implemented new investigative systems and programs to improve efficiency of investigations and field reports.
• Supervised and conducted integrity and other potential liability incident investigations and interviews resulting in reduction of loss.
• Advised and recommend programs, systems and equipment for physical security and POS monitoring.
• Developed Investigators ability to recognize and react to shrink issues in their zones.
• Constructed employee time management, and initiative-taking responsibilities on a weekly basis.
• Developed and implemented zone shrink control strategies that resulted in increased awareness and improved investigator reaction time.
• Monitored functioning of alarm and camera systems, including new system integrations.
• Controlled partnerships with vendors and local law enforcement agencies.
• Implemented and integrated restitution with civil recovery.
- Loss Prevention Investigator/Manager at Replanet LLC
- Loss Prevention Analyst/ Investigator (Promoted) at Replanet LLC
- System Technician (Promoted) at Replanet LLC
- Employee Trainer at Replanet LLC
1 month at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Gather all intelligence from stores regarding theft activities and place them on a prioritized list to work accordingly. Manage my associate investigator on his opened cases for accuracy and closure. Communicate changes to stores on any AP updates, through conference calls and through store visits. Create and roll out new policy procedures to the entire company, after being approved. Travel to high theft areas to promote prevention.
Gather all intelligence from stores regarding theft activities and place them on a prioritized list to work accordingly.
Manage my associate investigator on his opened cases for accuracy and closure.
Communicate changes to stores on any AP updates, through conference calls and through store visits.
Create and roll out new policy procedures to the entire company, after being approved.
Travel to high theft areas to promote prevention.
- Lead loss Prevention investigator at Americas Thrift Stores
- Loss Prevention and Safety investigator at Americas Thrift Stores
- Asset Protection Team Leader at Target at Target
- SR. Asset Protection Specialist at Target at Target
8 months at this Job
- Master's - Administration of Justice and Security
- Bachelor's - Criminal Justice and Corrections
- Associate of Science - Criminal Justice
• Lead investigations of internal and external theft by partnering with LP Officers to gather the necessary evidence needed.
• Investigated and lead investigations of customer and employee incident where injuries occurred to provide the company proper evidence to decide on how to proceed with claims filed against the company.
• Partnered with Operations and Risk Management to determine areas of potential issues and developed policies and procedures to help employees production.
• Partnered Local Law Enforcement to investigate crimes against our company and provide video and physical evidence to help solve committed crimes.
• Supervised the Loss Prevention Auditor and helped develop company audits to determine operational opportunities for the company to drive sales, increase productivity, and drive down customer and employee claims.
• Received and completed background checks on all essential employees to the company.
• Monitored company vehicles activity though GPS software to identify potential issues of theft or inappropriate activities.
- Loss Prevention Investigator at El Rancho Supermarket Corporate Office
- Loss Prevention Agent- Tom Thumb at Monument Security
- Loss Prevention Officer at Michael's DC
- Loss Prevention Supervisor at Kohl's
6 years, 3 months at this Job
• Conduct surveillance to detect loss within a store environment.
• Conduct physical security checks. Make recommendations for ways to prevent loss.
• Conduct safety inspections and communicates hazards to Management.
• Participate in the training of new hire Associates to address the areas of Loss Prevention.
• Participating in store shortage reduction program, including working in partnership with specific departments
• Responsible for heightening store Loss Prevention awareness.
• Utilize CCTV equipment.
• Utilize dvanced interviewing and interrogation techniques.
• Work in a multi-unit work environment.
• Identify, observe and apprehend individual(s) for committing theft by shoplifting
• Investigating and controlling internal theft
- Loss Prevention Investigator at Barneys New York
- Senior Loss Prevention Associate at The Bon Ton Stores Inc
- ORC/ External Theft Blitz Team Agent at The Bon-Ton Stores Inc.
- Loss Prevention Associate at The Bon Ton Stores Inc
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - History
Manage the internal theft program throughout the assigned Markets. Utilize exception reports, surveillance, and employee tips to generate internal cases. Teach investigation techniques to LP Associates to maximize the use of company tools and resources. Partner with the District/Store Management teams to build Loss Prevention Awareness.
• Manage, Identify, and Investigate Organized Retail Crime Cases through successful prosecution.
• Investigations of ORC activity has resulted in the closures and prosecution of 41 separate cases, involving 153 individuals, totaling over $237,000.
• Onboarding and follow-up training with Loss Prevention Investigators throughout the region.
• Assist with training of newly hired DLPMs with the use of company investigative tools and resources.
- Loss Prevention Investigator at Marshalls
- Asset Protection Manager at Wal-Mart
- Home Office Investigator/Loss Prevention Supervisor at Abercrombie & Fitch
- Loss Prevention Supervisor at Kohl's
9 years, 5 months at this Job
- - Criminal Justice
Responsible for proactive prevention of shortages caused by internal theft, external theft, fraud, and paperwork errors.
- Loss Prevention investigator at Neiman Marcus
- Field Training Officer at Missouri Eastern Correctional Center
- Immigration Analyst at FCI Federal
- Loss Prevention Associate at Sears Roebuck & Company
8 months at this Job
- Associate - Criminal Justice
- High School Diploma
• Oversee 12 stores in the LA market conducting internal investigations, operations assessments, and review safety and shortage reductions plans.
• Manages investigations for "Must Win Stores" across Northern California in conjunction with District Loss Prevention Manager.
• Provide training and awareness to store management across California.
• Analyzes daily exception and variance reports using Aspect software system.
• Ensures alarms, EAS, and CCTV equipment are working properly.
• Collaborates with National Task Force to assist in organized crime investigations.
• Organize staff schedules based on weekly demands.
• Establishes rapport with law enforcement and district attorneys.
- Associate Loss Prevention Investigator at Marshalls TJX Companies, Greater Los Angeles Area, CA
- Inbound Picker Lead at Vans Distribution Center
- Shipping Associate at Target Brands, Inc
7 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Management