New York City Emerging Health Information Technology, NY (04/07 - Present) Senior Software Mainframe Developer For a major medical organization, participated in the upgrade of Payroll Human Resources and Benefits application, using the central software which is Genesys Health System. This is a sub company of Montefiore Hospital. Project was the upgrading of OS-390 job streams, Procedures and VSAM datasets. The environment of installation: COBOL II, OS-390/JCL, CICS, DB2,VSAM, TSO/ISPF,DB2, EASYTRIEVE PLUS
- Senior Software Mainframe Developer at American Express Corporation
- Senior Software Mainframe/Oracle Developer at Gruss and Company
- Senior Software Mainframe/Oracle Developer at CIGNA HEALTHCARE
- Senior Software Mainframe Developer at VERIZON
12 years, 2 months at this Job
Role: Senior Mainframe Developer.
The primary goal of the New DBS system is to upgrade the systems environment in use thereby supporting the Dealer business needs. Dealers need to be able to use the same state of the art commercial Dealer Systems products available to all their competitors. Our current proprietary systems prevent them from doing so. These shortcomings affect Vehicles Sales, Parts Sales and Service Support and impact our clients programs aimed at improving these business areas. The New DBS Program was initiated to meet Dealer's needs by retiring proprietary out of date systems in favor of a more open system that works with commercial dealer systems and provides capabilities similar to those of competitors.
• Interacting with the clients for requirement gathering and planning for effort estimation.
• Perform impact analysis on the requirements and prepare Use Cases and Business Process Artifacts.
• Communicating the requirements and design details with offshore team.
• Offshore team coordination and timely status reporting to achieve successful construction and completion of project.
• Attending High level and low level design reviews, to arrive at design patterns/solutions and reviewing artifacts created by team members.
• Translating business requirements into software requirements specs, design, develop, test and implement the changes to achieve the business goals of the users.
• Develop and execute the Test Plan, Test Scripts and Test case execution based on agile methodology. Attending to the defects raised and resolving them in time.
• Involved in reviewing test plan and test cases, performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT), End-to-End Testing, Functional and Regression Testing for both New Requirements as well as Enhancements.
• Coordinate the test plan with project managers and others.
• Conducted review meetings within the team and Generate reports for tracking defects, test project metrics, test process improvement and management review. Environment: COBOL, CICS, Natural, ADABAS, JCL, Easytrieve, Panvalet.
- Senior Mainframe Developer at Nissan North America Inc
- Senior Mainframe Developer and Team Lead at Nissan North America Inc
- Mainframe Developer at Nissan North America Inc
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Technology - Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Project Title: Mortgage Insurance Maintenance
The Genworth Financial family of companies has three segments: Retirement & Protection, US Mortgage Insurance, and International. Products and services include life and long-term care insurance, mortgage insurance, and annuities. Its legal structure is set up as six separate companies.
Genworth offers mortgage insurance, with benefits including homebuyer privileges, which provides rebates to items purchased for the home, and the homeowner assistance program, in which Genworth professionals work with homeowners and lenders to structure a feasible loan repayment program.
• Lead the technical as well as the non-technical staff and users with responsibility, trained and mentored the staff. Utilized most of the latest Technological Tools and Software Systems, ChangeMan, VSAM, COBOL, REXX, DB2, and with SDLC Methodology and other development/testing software tools
• Preparation of Detailed technical design from Business requirement and Functional requirements documents.
• Creation of Unit test Plan as per Technical specific documents.
• Performed program analysis, coding, testing and implementation of insurance claims related applications, many of which were online in nature and developed and maintained using TELON, APS, COBOL II, CICS, DB2, and VSAM
• Debug defects using Mainframe debugging tools like XPRDITER and Data related issues using File-Aid.
• Enhancement of the current mainframes application as required to fulfil all new business needs.
• Supporting off business hours to implement new changes in production environments.
• Worked directly with clients in managing their requests, understanding their requirements and translating functional requirements to technical specifications through hands-on analysis and coordinating with the onsite and offshore team for development.
• Worked on ENDEVOR for version controlling of the source code.
• Retrieving source from production environment to test environment using ENDEVOR. Performing various activities using ENDEVOR creating SCL, for promoting code to different environments.
• Creating packages in ENDEVOR promoting code to production live environment.
• Working on Incidents related to Business and Technical issues.
• Worked under Agile methodology of software Development.
• Daily status calls on the Projects with scrum master and other team, on 21 days of sprint.
• Participated in sprint planning with other scrum members.
• Technical leadership for design, development and testing of the implementation effort for mid-sized customer projects or sub-projects on large customer engagements
• Reviewing the tasks of the offshore.
• Preparing implementation strategy and providing the support for implementation of the programs.
• Supporting Production environment based on ON-CALL schedule.
• Impact analyses of the application as when required for the new request for the project. Environment: Z/OS, MVS, COBOL, EasyTrieve Plus, File-Aid, CICS, IMS DB, DB2, JCL, VSAM, TSO, ISPF, File manager, Joblog, SAR, ABENDAID, SQL, DB2, Expeditor, Change man, OPC, HP Quality Center.
- Mainframe Developer at Genworth Financial
- Mainframe Developer at Humana Inc
- Mainframe Developer at Bank of America
- Sr. Software Engineer. /Mainframe Developer at Arcelor Mittal France
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering - Engineering
Project: Policy Administration System Release 2, 3, 4.
• Analyzed/changed the current existing cobol programs for converting new DB2 structure and interface DB2 structure for Guidewire data migration with Auto data (pas R2), Alline data (pas R3 and R4).
• Wrote the specification for mapping and enhanced function changes, and then developed 100 + cobol programs.
• Involved in transition of data migration. Environment: TSO, ISPF, COBOL, Xperditor, JCL, DB2 in Mainframe, CTG, Heat, FTP, Quality Center ITSM, SDF Project: Enhanced Cash Receipt
• Analyzed the existing cash receipt system and required function based on user requirement.
• Wrote the program specification.
• Enhanced existing Cash Receipt system using Cics Transaction Gateway by the type of payment Credit card, EFT, Check, Cash. Environment: TSO, ISPF, CICS, COBOL, Xperditor, JCL, DB2, CTG Quality Center, Heat Project: Upgraded Anthem Interface
• Interfaced Anthem System part and KFB User
• Upgraded membership interface system with receiving data from Anthem.. Environment: TSO, ISPF, CICS, COBOL, Xperditor, JCL, DB2, FTP Project: Upgraded OTR (output registration) system for adding roof factor collected.
• Interfaced Anthem System part and KFB User
• Upgraded to insert and update roof factor data into db2 otr system. Environment: TSO, ISPF, CICS, COBOL, Xperditor, JCL, DB2
- Mainframe Developer/Analyst at Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance (KFB)
- Mainframe Developer/Analyst at Honda of America
- Developer/Analyst at Ohio Dept of Job & Family Services
- Developer/Analyst at Chase Bank
6 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor Degree
Operating System Z/OS
Primary Technology Mainframe
Programming Lang/Tools JCL, COBOL, Fileaid, DB2, SPUFI. Project Objective
Farmers Insurance, the major insurance company that provides various insurance like Auto, Life, Home, etc, to customers. The company Headquarters located in Woodland Hills, CA. Currently, The Farmers Insurance provides the discounts to the customers who take multiple policies like, Home/Auto, Home/Life, Umbrella etc., The derivation of discounts are validated using SCV application. The main goal of this project is to use MDM (Master Data Management) a source instead of SCV application. Role and Responsibilities
• Coordinating with client for the requirement gathering, prepare high- and low-level design documents.
• Involved in Walkthrough sessions with client for the Business Requirement and SRS (System Requirement Specification) Documents.
• Develop COBOL embedded with DB2 Code as part of this project
• Create complex test scenarios for the System and UAT testing.
• Coordinating offshore team for the development activities.
• Coordinating with QA team for the system and performance testing.
• Involved in Pre and Post-production activities like Production Shake out testing and pick sample policy to check if the discount has been properly validated using MDM source. Project: PNW Exit Seattle to Tacoma and Portland
- Senior Mainframe Developer at Farmers Insurance
- Senior Mainframe Developer at Supervalu, Inc
- Developer at Unified Grocers, Inc
- Senior Mainframe Developer at Unified Grocers, Inc
6 months at this Job
- MS - Software Systems
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics & Electronics - Electronics & Electronics
• Experience designing and developing Mainframe batch programs using COBOL, DB2 SQL, Easytrieve, MQ SERIES, ISPF JCL, and other utilities such as SYNCSORT ETC
• Experience with online development using CICS, IMS DB/DC, PSBs, and SSAs.
• Managed the successful release of various IBM mainframe storage management software products, including CICS/VR, z/OS DFSMS, z/OS BTLS, and z/OS NFS.
• Promoted to Associate, Advisory and Senior levels; attained IBM Senior Project Manager Certification.
• Experience with change control methodology using SERENA CHANGEMAN.Project Management activities including timelines, cost, change requests, status gathering from all impacted teams etc. with using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Methodology.
• Act as HPLM Administrator supporting the software testing tool for both PECO and ComEd users in such areas as; user provisioning, project setup, tool customizations, and report creation.
• Allocate hours between onsite and offshore resources and work on capacity planning for work assigned to development team for different projects.
• Monitor SLA adherence for production support tickets and development projects for number of defects, on time delivery and estimation accuracy. Resolve system defects and ABP abends
• Facilitate offshore team with code review, design review and test plan review with client team and getting all necessary approvals for implementation of project as per change management guidelines
• Responsible for tracking key project milestones and meet the project deadlines.
• Provide development status of projects to IBM and WellPoint management team.
• Stored, maintained and completing documents in SHAREPOINT
• Responsible for teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
• Gathering Requirements for SSCR(small enhancements) formally document them in project repository
• Updated Project action plan, Detailed Requirements Specifications, Impact Analysis, File Specifications, System Run Chart (flow chart), Data Base Requirements, Program Specifications, Operation Manual, Program Development, Coding, Unit Test Plan, System Test plan, Inter System Test plan, Implementation plan, Post implementation check and User rating
• Worked on approval and funding of a solution, resource will assist with the project implementation, overall technical architecture design leadership for implementation
• Worked on Detail system design and implementation
• Worked on multiple fast paced projects in different development phase simultaneously.
• Perform Impact analysis through Endeavor scans and identify impacted elements.
• Identify solution and prepare design documents.
• Provided 24/7 production support to Mainframe system, which includes support during night batch run, providing temporary fix to JCL's during batch abends to avoid delay.
• Conduct Design walkthroughs and obtain sign-off from stake holders.
• Monitor the defects logged in Rational Clear Quest and document resolution.
• close relevant TSRM incidents and track the status of open incidents
• Resolve Application Outages and ensure application availability.
• Prepare Implementation and Backout plans for SSCR and Projects.
• Worked on Client (Healthcare) internal QR review and Architecture Peer Reviews.
• Prepared Deployment Plan, Location document for the Releases. Environment: COBOL, JCL, Easytrieve, CICS, DB2, RACF, ZMF, ETL, , z/OS, SQL, Changeman, Rexx, DB2, IMS- DB, IDMS, RMF, Main view, Vantive, Quality center, File aid, Comparex, SOA, Datastage, Web Services, QMF, SPUFI, Strobe, Oracle apps, VB .net and ASP.net.
- Mainframe Developer at Citi Group
- Mainframe Developer at AMEX
- Jr. Mainframe Developer at HP
2 years, 7 months at this Job
• Worked on a conversion project for an IMS data base system which is converting to an Oracle data base system.
• Deciphering legacy Cobol programs that use IMS data base for development into Oracle data base.
• Provided Developers criteria to be able to reproduce reports to access Oracle data base. Provided test data from mainframe files to text documents. Technologies Used: Mainframe Cobol, CICS, IMS, Oracle, SQL Developer, TSO/ISPF, JCL, JCL Utilities, Librarian
- Mainframe Developer/Analyst at State of Arizona Dept of Corrections
- Developer Analyst Customer One Support at San Deigo Gas & Electric
- at Tek Systems
- Mainframe Developer at American Airlines
4 months at this Job
Des cription: CI Medicare is one of the major and critical systems for Humana Inc. whic h hous es and processes the Medicare, Medicaid, Medicare Supplementary ( MedSup) members and few
commercial groups. Medicare members processing involves Member enrollment in to Medicare
plan for Humana, day to day communications between the Humana and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services(CMS) for member eligibilities, benefits, disenrollment information,
sending fulfillment materials like ID cards, Welcome Kits etc. CI Medicare also interacts between different vendors like Info crossing, M HK (formerly Medhok),
Emdeon etc. to make sure Humana has correct and most recent information of members. It also feeds information to different downstream systems (like Argus, ODS, CCP) across Humana to
make sure that member is access to care. CI is also responsible for day to day communicat ions with respective states to maintain up to date information of Medicaid members. It's a Web based
front end Application to enroll a member and back hand Mainframe Application to Store and
process the data This project involves development of new process es, enhancement to the existing process and operations support. Res ponsibilities: As Sr. Project Lead and Sr. Mainframe Developer
• Lead a team of 15 members, comprising of 2 onshore and 13 offshore members.
• Work with product Owners or Business users to understand issues or requirements.
• Prepare high/low level designs, have meeting with architects and SME at onshore and coordinate with offshore.
• Schedule and Facilitate meetings to review Project Initiatives. Participate in review meetings of various deliverables (Code review, Design review etc.) of projects and release installation activities.
• Monitor and track the work done by team & resourcing needs.
• Provide status reports to various stakeholders.
• Identify project quality needs and put processes in, to follow the same.
• Identify areas of improvement considering automation, Prevention, Performance Improvement and Training Issues
• Involved in Reviews of coding and testing done by team
• Implementation of projects, post production verification, post production warranty support
• Share best practices and improve processes within and across teams.
• Ensuring quality project deliverable's in a timely manner
• Communication to both Technical and Business partners whenever required
• Help business understand how certain processes works and assist on the queries.
• Provide guidance to team on Technical as well as business front
• Help team in resolving issues and identifying root cause with exact impact
• Under team grooming, Included the team in formulating decisions and accept for the accountability for the decision
• Tracking, documentation and co-ordination with different teams to understand the improvement areas. E nv ironment: COBOL, VSAM, DB2, JCL, CICS, Eazytrieve, DF Sort, ICETOOL, CA -Platinum, Abend Aid, Expeditor and Panvalet.
- Sr. Project Lead - Sr. Mainframe Developer at HUMANA - CI Medicare
- Project Lead at HUMANA - Automated Enrollment
- Programmer Analyst-Mainframe Developer at HUMANA - CI Medicare
1 year, 1 month at this Job
· Work with web team and created online mainframe programs (transactions), which would be called via .NET and Java front end. · Create Test cases, Unit testing and design specifications for mainframe online and batch programs (transactions) using IMS DB, COBOL and DB2. · Project Estimations, Create and maintain Project related documents. · Customer deliveries, Cross technical and Cross module trainings. · Team Building activities, SLA Reporting and Meetings with Customer. · Offshore and Onsite co-ordination and facilitation to the entire team to develop new interfaces as per technical specification and handling the deliveries without any defects. · Interaction with clients to understand processes/requirement from business perspective. · Work on a multiple projects CBN (Create Build New orders), VQP (Virtual processing Quotes), MBU (mass backlog updates), PWL (Pricing worklist), IQM(Interface Quote management), NWS(New Order status) for Daimler Trucks North America (Freightliner/Thomas Build buses/ western star) on enhancing the current system. Web enabled many transactions for different .net and Java Applications. Working on core applications like new Order processing, sales Concessions. · Wrote mainframe batch programs to nightly data processing. · Suggested few other performance improvement ideas, which greatly helped improving the system experience. · New Transactions/Modify IMS transactions to meet UI needs. These transactions is being called by .NET UI, JAVA Applications. · Meeting with business users and understanding their requirement. · Analyze mainframe existing process and create technical specification for offshore team. Created table definition for the projects as per the requirement.
· Work with web team and created online mainframe programs (transactions), which would be called via .NET and Java front end.
· Create Test cases, Unit testing and design specifications for mainframe online and batch programs (transactions) using IMS DB, COBOL and DB2.
· Project Estimations, Create and maintain Project related documents.
· Customer deliveries, Cross technical and Cross module trainings.
· Team Building activities, SLA Reporting and Meetings with Customer.
· Offshore and Onsite co-ordination and facilitation to the entire team to develop new interfaces as per technical specification and handling the deliveries without any defects.
· Interaction with clients to understand processes/requirement from business perspective.
· Work on a multiple projects CBN (Create Build New orders), VQP (Virtual processing Quotes), MBU (mass backlog updates), PWL (Pricing worklist), IQM(Interface Quote management), NWS(New Order status) for Daimler Trucks North America (Freightliner/Thomas Build buses/ western star) on enhancing the current system. Web enabled many transactions for different .net and Java Applications. Working on core applications like new Order processing, sales Concessions.
· Wrote mainframe batch programs to nightly data processing.
· Suggested few other performance improvement ideas, which greatly helped improving the system experience.
· New Transactions/Modify IMS transactions to meet UI needs. These transactions is being called by .NET UI, JAVA Applications.
· Meeting with business users and understanding their requirement.
· Analyze mainframe existing process and create technical specification for offshore team. Created table definition for the projects as per the requirement.
- Senior Mainframe Developer at Daimler Trucks North America
- Senior Software Engineer at Humana
- Software Engineer at HCL Tech
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering - Electronics and Telecommunication
TDE Non-Base Capstock TDE Non-Base Capstock is an Application being developed for business users of Fund Accounting for State Street Bank. This application enables users to book trades like Cash, Shares, Cash and Shares transactions for Non Base Capstock Funds in both Base and Local Currencies. This application reduces the manual effort by the users for the calculation of Shares and other details and helps General Ledger posting. This application also enables to calculate Mark to Market Gain and Loss on a daily basis and generates Trial Balances. It also sends the General Ledger data to downstream applications like FDR. It involves the development of both Online and Batch programs to communicate with User Interface and generate batch reports. This project uses Agile Model for software development. Responsibilities:
• Participating in Pre-Planning and Planning meetings for the sizing and selection of stories from the Epics for each Iteration
• Participating in requirements discussions for understanding of Acceptance criteria for each of the selected stories for an Iteration with Product Owners and Scrum Master
• Analysis of stories and identification of impacted programs and DB2 Stored procedures for modification
• Modification of Comm-Area programs (CICS) which interact with User Interface developed in Java.
• Coding and Unit testing of both Online and batch programs in CICS, COBOL, PL/I and DB2
• Coding and testing of DB2 Stored Procedures
• System Testing for the stories and supporting SQA testing in UAT Region
• Participating in Iteration Demonstrations for the business users
• Using the IBM Rational Developer for System z for version control, coding, compiling and promoting the code to Integration region and Implementation in Production
• Preparing Change Audit documentation for installation of modules through RDz.
• Interacting with downstream application teams for testing of the data being sent to downstream applications
• Resolution of any conflicts in the installation of modified code with the help of RDz Administration team
• Using IBM Rational Team Concert tool for tracking the progress of Work Items and Tasks
• Supporting the application post implementation and resolution of Production issues
- Lead Mainframe Developer at State Street Bank and Trust Company
- Project Lead at Allstate Insurance
- Business Systems Analyst at Syntel India Ltd
- at Syntel India Ltd
4 years, 8 months at this Job