• Solicit potential clients to buy, sell, and rent properties. Advise clients on prices, mortgages, market conditions, and other related information.
• Assist with the implementation of mainframe Computer systems and usage. Mainframe Developer - Production Support (Contractor)
- Mainframe Developer - Production Support at First National Realty
- Independent Mainframe Consultant at
- at ESI, Inc
- Mainframe Programmer Analyst at CGI
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- - DATA BASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
I am working as a senior developer in the Consolidated Public Retirement Board of the State of West Virginia. CPRB is responsible for processing the Retirement benefits for state as well as non-state agencies for employees eligible for state retirement benefits. I am responsible for the legacy mainframe applications related to their systems. Duties include maintenance and enhancements to the applications. Platform is IBM Mainframe using COBOL II, CICS, VSAM and DB2. Currently I am working as the DBA (DBADM access) for converting an application from CICS/VSAM to CICS/DB2. I am responsible for design and development of the application. Using DB2 Version 9 utilities like LOAD, UNLOAD, Imagecopy to maintain database.
- Mainframe Developer at Consolidated Public Retirement Board, State of WV
- Consultant at CDI IT Solutions
- Consultant at CIBER, Inc.
- Consultant at Deloitte & Touche
7 years, 8 months at this Job
- B.COM - Financial Management
SYNOPSIS 10plus years of experience in mainframe development in cards and payments industry of Banking and
Financial Sector. About 6 years of working experience in client location in merchant boarding solution and
worked 4+ years as a Team member and technical leader in Merchant boarding backend team. Currently pursuing
AWS Developer Certification.
PROFILE SNAPSHOT Over 10+ years of rich experience in the field of mainframe development.
• Expertise on the Merchant Boarding solution and Database boarding technology for Cards and Payment Industry in Banking and Financial Sector.
• In-depth knowledge regarding the workflow of credit card processing.
• Worked closely in below each and every phases of Software development Life Cycle (SDLC):
• Requirement gathering
• Requirement Analysis
• Functional testing
• User acceptance testing
• System Integration Testing
• Post Implementation Production Support
• Strong management, organizational and communication skills displayed during communication with clients, project stakeholders, key users, technical team and project status/review meetings.
• Timely & quality delivery of work and services to meet organizations and client expectation.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task.
• Outstanding expertise in gap analysis, application design, application configuration, application customization and production support.
• Flexible to adapt new work environment.
• Ability to accept challenges, learn & grow in good professional manner.
• Possess leadership skills, resulting in better performance and higher productivity of the team's result. Page 1 of 5 Debjyoti Sarkar Email: [email protected] Contact No.: (+1) 631-538-7056 EMPLOYMEMT PROFILE & JOB RESPONSIBILITIES Client location work experience: Company Name: Cognizant Technology Solution Working Tenure: 8th January, 2014 to till date
- Mainframe Developer at
at this Job
- Bachelor in Technology - Computer
Los Angeles, CA - (REMOTE Role) Nov 2017 - Current Anthem is one of the nation's largest health benefits companies, with 34 million members in its affiliated health plans and more than 65 million individuals served through its subsidiaries. Anthem Blue Cross and Anthem Blue Cross Life and Health Insurance Company are leading health care providers in the United States serving various states. Role: Sr. Mainframe Developer Project: Intermittent Work Force: Anthem was introducing a new product line targeting part timers, seasonal workers, and contractors etc. who are typically ineligible for traditional coverage. As a part of this new product line, billing and revenue accounting transactions would need to be suppressed in WGS (Well point Group Systems). Code changes across various screens and jobs were made pertaining to the new contract codes and product lines for IWF (Intermittent Work Force) groups. Project: OAD Letters: A new Delete Dependent Code was introduced for New York State with minimum and maximum age criteria to qualify as Over Age Dependent. As a part of this project, code changes were done to generate OAD letters, MAX age letters for the members belonging to the new groups. Also worked on various enhancements around OAD and COBRA letters from billing perspective. Project: Clinical ABC: A new requirement from Anthem is to provide wellbeing perks (credit) to its customers who has paid the premiums on time without delinquencies and active for the benefit year. There were new programs, routines and macros designed for credit calculation and apply them to the final invoices. As a part of this project, files were received from Hallmark through EFX/FTP processes and also multiple reports were created for business review. Project: Medicaid/Medicare Projects: Government business division which includes Medicaid and Medicare products in Anthem. Also, involved in working with GBD-FACETS team for minor enhancements to the system and payment file processing from major bank. Responsibilities: * Program development using COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2, IMS DB/DC, MQ, Changeman, SQL, Stored procedures * Analyzing software specifications and identification of WGS Billing application functionalities for design, development, testing, implementation and production support. * Performing RTB (Run the Business) activities, such as fixing all the WGS Billing & Specialty Group IT related issues and bugs that may come up during the production phase. This also includes helping the application users in understanding the application and setting up the environment for them to make the application up and running. * Interacting with business and formulating the solutions for the newly proposed requirements. * Participation in Agile / Scrum daily calls. * Handled all the phases including drafting Tech response, functional design, and technical design walk through documents with the client. * Estimation of time and efforts for the Enhancements. * Worked across with various teams and interfaces including SQL server (SSIS), MQ series, Oracle stored procedures etc * Support/Guidance for SIT, UAT and Code Implementation. Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrix and reviewed test cases and test results. * Worked on Excel Analytics, preparing statistical reports for weekly, monthly and yearly, as per business request. * Involved in Code review, Test results review, UAT and implementation processes. * Coordinating with business clients, supporting the application and implementing the process as per specification provided. * Answering the technical queries, driving the product initiatives and metric collection and analysis. Environment: COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2, IMS DB/DC, MQ, Changeman.
- Sr. Mainframe Developer at Anthem Blue Cross
- Senior Mainframes Developer at First Data Corp
- Principal Financial Group at HP Extreme
- Mainframes Developer at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Science
• Installing and configuring system software
• Designing and coding new applications to run on the mainframe
• Testing, debugging and modify coding.
• Introduction and management of new workloads on the system, such as batch jobs and online transaction processing
• Operation and maintenance of the mainframe software and hardware
- Mainframe Developer at IBM
- McDonald Crew Member at
- Math tutor volunteer at Evergreen Valley College
5 months at this Job
- B.S - Computer Science
Environment: IBM TSO/ISPF, COBOL, JCL, DB2/SQL, IMS, Easytrieve, PACBASE, PL/1, SYNCSORT, IBGENER, Endevor, FileAid, Intertest, CA-7, Microsoft Office Suite Applications, HP Application Life-cycle Management, HP Service Manager, SharePoint, enABLE and Agile Application Development Life Cycle, .NET, C#, XML, WebEx, ELIPXMIT, Connect Direct
Member of the Customer Care After Sales Mainframe Innovation and ITOC - SD CCA Operations teams; Accomplishments include:
• Conducted mainframe training courses for three CCA / GPSC Mainframe Application Operations new hires. Topics included JCL, TSO/ISPF, CA-7, Endevor, DB2/SPUFI, VSAM, SDSF, CA-VIEW.
• Automated Global Product Description System Part Loading process; Created five Job Control Language (JCL) jobs and five Easytrieve batch programs to replace manual dataset creation. Updated existing JCL with parameter cards to end "on the fly" changes and added automated CA-7 scheduling of jobs. End results: eliminated two to four hours of manual effort, reduced process time by 95% and eliminated 99% of errors.
• Automated Global Warranty Management month end reporting process; Developed six JCL jobs and added automated scheduling; End results: eliminated 99% manual effort.
• Assigned Development Lead to oversee a five member team responsible for Enterprise PL/I upgrades of 22 applications. Individually completed 15 program conversions.
• Fulfilled Minor Enhancement Requests (MERS) and resolved production incidents for Dealer Material Returns (COBOL) and Engineering Technology Services (PACBASE) applications.
• Served as Mainframe SME on Global Deployment & Stock Replenishment project. Provided system analysis documentation, conducted training courses, served as a liaison between Business Analysts, customers, Mainframe Architecture group and project team.
• Served as Gap Tools project Mainframe SME; modified, tested and deployed over 10 JCL job and CA7schedules to upgrade from TECTIA to Secure FTP technology.
• Worked on the Canadian Payroll Transition project updating COBOL batch programs and JCL jobs to properly interact with ADP.
• Lead a five member committee that explored, reviewed and revamped COBOL coding standards for CCA Mainframe group.
- Mainframe Developer at General Motors
- Cobol Programmer/QA Analyst at Apex Systems
- Mainframe Tester/Programmer at John Galt
- Mainframe Programmer at Kelly Services
6 years, 1 month at this Job
- Masters of Science - Computer Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science - Computer and Information Systems
• Project Tech Lead (co-manage) CICS Business Application Remediation Modernization project
• Project team mainframe developer for "New Product" American Express Credit Card Project coding, Unit testing and system design documentation
• ISD Stability Program Enhance Test Environment Project team participant; JCL, PROCs, Parm member Review and analysis
- ISD Mainframe Developer (contractor) at Navy Federal Credit Union Enterprise Software
- Technical Programmer IV (contractor) at Bank of America/Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Inc
- Software Engineer II at M & T Bank
- System Developer (contractor) at M & T Bank
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Computer Information Technology
- Certificate - Software Engineering
- Certificate - Executive Information Technology
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Business Administration
• Training and Implementing Agile Method of SDLC.
• Understanding the business & technology of the client systems, developed Batch programs using COBOL, JCL, VSAM, DB2 and CICS for providing them with quality deliverable.
• Analyzed legacy reports, created functional and technical specification, Design Statement documents, converted them to COBOL, performed desk checking, code walk through, unit testing and implementation to production.
• Developed, designed, performed unit test and integration test of the functional modules and promoted the modules across regions.
• Handled the duties of OffShore-OnShore coordination. Acting as a liaison between the Business and the Technical team
• Developed Complex SQL Queries to fetch the data from the database for complex testing.
• Analyzed, designed and created new JOBs, SAS Modules and PROCs for daily, monthly & yearly Reporting purposes.
• Performed Root cause analysis to identify the cause of issues in the Test/Production environment.
• Experience handling the Baseline, Unit, User Acceptance and the Integration testing.
• Used TSO/ISPF utilities to create and Maintain PDS, PS, etc., to monitor SPOOL and to migrate files from one region to other regions.
• Resolved technical and application related issues by research and proper resolution.
• Responsible for developing techniques to improve testing inefficiencies.
• Have strong job ABEND resolution skills gained from working on a wide variety of production related issues and providing support.
• Involved in batch job repair, restore, and fault correction.
• Impact analysis for requirement changes, finding affected list of programs and homogeneous implementation.
- Sr. Mainframes developer at Comerica, Michigan
- Business Analyst/Sr. Mainframe Developer at IBM
- at IBM
- Application developer at IBM
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- - Databases
Feb 2012 - till date Application Name: Quest Billing System (QBS) Consultant - Project Lead/Senior Mainframe Developer Brief Profile: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services. It provides insights that enable patients, physicians and others to make decisions to improve health. QBS is Quest Diagnostic Billing System. QBS is a billing system that takes care of actual billing for an order. QBS generates the actual bills for the accessions. The input to this system is the transaction file received from the billing front end. It further processes it and generates bills. QBS edits, prices and bills for medical tests performed at patient service centers, and by doctors and hospitals across USA. QBS performs patient, client and insurance billing. * Worked on mainframe projects for QBS * IBM mainframe using COBOL, CICS, TSO, JCL, File-Manager, Endevor, CLIST, Control-M. * Wrote new programs for Easy Pay, Real Time Estimation, Mock Adjudication process, Non-covered services, QBS pre-collections process and mail returns processing involving CICS, cobol, webservices, XML, VSAM. * Rewritten programs from scratch for performance enhancements. * SME for various QBS functionalities like pricing, third party insurance, HCFA processing, and web services. * Enhance and implement XML/COBOL parser modules via HTTP client request validated XML and package response. * Working with the clients and BU's for understanding the technical requirements and solution designing * Development and Maintenance of the existing components and Application Services * Active member of the design specification review team for QBS. * Support tasks included business and technical analysis, documentation, code fix and implementation of changes. * Creation of technical specifications for new development. * Gathering and compilation of business information from client and preparation of related documentation, Use HP service manager effectively to fix system issues within service level agreement (SLA). * Used XML processing request and response through MQ services with different interfacing systems. * Worked on Severity 2 and severity 3 problem incidents and fixed them within the QBS approved SLA time. * Used File Manager for preparing test data. * Provided post-implementation support and analysis. Incorporated scope changes Environment: Z/OS, COBOL, VSAM, DFSORT, ICETOOL, JCL, CLIST, MQseries, XML, TSO, ISPF/PDF, File-Manager, Endevor, IBM Utilities and Control-M.
- Consultant - Project Lead/Senior Mainframe Developer at Quest Diagnostics, PA
- Team Lead/Senior Mainframe Developer at United Health Group
- Software Engineer/Mainframe Developer at Aviva, USA
- IT Specialist/Mainframe Developer at IGF, Armonk USA
7 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master's degree - Technology
Involved in different roles as a project developer/production support developer/analyst/lead)
Worked on numerous projects/tickets/incidents/recovery resolutions of varied complexities related to Pairing training, Flight Schedule Load, Flight Coverage, Trip trade covering all phases of SDLC. Project: Crew Operational Scheduling Management Optimization System( (COSMOS) Project Description:
The goal of COSMOS is the automation of all scheduling functions performed on a "Management by Exception" basis, so that crew schedulers are advised of operational problems as they occur. Additionally, COSMOS provides the necessary tools for the crew scheduler to handle operational disruptions while routine transactions are processed automatically. Followings are the general functions of the system:
• Handles routines operations automatically
• Maintains Personnel , Aircraft,Airport,Hotel and Domicile records
• Maintains operational/crew schedules and resolves conflicts.
• Contains an integrated Payroll system
• Automatic flight schedule,pairings and crew tracking alert messages exception/error messages for schedule change
• Provides crew members with visibility and access to their schedules, open trips and pay registers. This is a development and maintenance project involving following tasks, Providing on call support for applications including abend resolutions, Routine application maintenance. Responsibilities:
• Understanding the functionality of the application.
• Prepared program specifications
• Documented business and technical requirements and functional specifications using Waterfall SDLC methodology.
• Study existing processes to ensure consistency and integrity with new design.
• Design processes as per business needs. Create MS Visio to represent design in diagrams.
• Prepare test scripts for Unit testing and execute all scripts.
• Prepare test results document
• Support testing team in terms of any design/requirement questions
• Resolve any defects or incorporate any changes required by business.
• Responsible to monitor performance of mainframe jobs and fine tune jobs.
• Solving / Tracking the defects till moving to Production
• Coded programs and modified existed programs as per specification requirements in COBOL using, VSAM files and Flat files
• Adhoc customer statement reports generation using Rexx.
• Responsible for writing and execution of test plans, test cases based on the business requirement of the application. Provide the test plans to team members to perform system level testing
• Responsible for testing and debugging using Abend-Aid
• Performed the review, and implementation into the production following the change control process
• Review of the specifications, test cases and test packs developed by other team members
• Change man used to maintain and promote elements to test environment
• Maintaining the data for audit purposes. Environment: COBOL,IMS DB, DB2,CICS,VSAM, JCL, TSO/ISPF, Abend-AID, File-AID, Change Man, SPUFI,QMF,IMF,MQS, File manager, Rexx, SAS, Microsoft word, Microsoft Excel, Quality Center.
- Senior Mainframe Developer at United Airlines
- Production Control Analyst at Erie Insurance Group
- System Analyst at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi
- Technology Analyst at Bank of America
2 years at this Job
- Bachelors in Electronics and Communication - Electronics and Communication